Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

GrandpaPants posted:

The Manhattan Project Mega Expansion - Received, kinda regret. No knock on the campaign, but this was the project that made me really look into whether or not I'd actually like a game before I'd Kickstart it, and whether it's actually a decent deal otherwise. Am actively trying to sell this.

I've got a couple like that - games that aren't terrible but if I'd seen them on a store shelf, I wouldn't have thought of buying them. I'm looking more closely at projects now - when will they arrive, who's doing them, are the rules available and do I really want this ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

From the top;

Better Angels Delivered (PDF), bit late, but okay progress reports.
Exalted 3rd 'Late', but I think we always knew that. Decent rate of updates though, so not too worried.
Assault:19xx Listed as due last November, received this week.
Wrath of Kings *Might* meet the May delivery date, but not expecting anything.
404: Law Not Found Due May, will probably hit it, doesn't help that the creator's relatively low rate of updates at the moment correspond to part of Worcester being under water...
Tianxia Due December, by all appearances should be soon.
Iron Edda Due June, looks like it might hit that.
NIKA Due July, no reason to believe it won't get close.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

VoodooXT posted:

*Apotheosis Drive X - Nope, haven't received it yet but the updates are a loving laugh. The dude is literally Job from the Bible.

This is looking like it's going to be my first kickstarter failure. It's seven months late (after claiming to be able to do a 3-month turnaround), and his current excuse for not releasing the game is, I poo poo you not, that he is on the run from bandits. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Karma to Burn
Dec 21, 2012
Better Angels and Killsplosion were more or less on time, Age Past and Chronicles of the Void ran way behind schedule but finally finished earlier this winter. 13 True Ways is slow going, but at least regularly updates; Spheres of Power is my most recent buy-in, mostly cause the manuscript only level was dirt cheap (I wish more RPG campaigns did that.) They're both unfinished, but not unreasonably behind.

Still waiting on Far West and Quantum, though. Quantum's inching on 2 years behind promised delivery with the creator is 6 months since last login or communication of any sort. Probably outta luck on that one. The less said about FW the better, enough ink's been spilled on Skarka's behalf.

Only ever kicked Sunrise City as far as board games go, but that turned out okay. Got it + the Alien Frontiers line and even managed to get a second copy of SC due to shipping snafu.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
May as well kick in with the lists. (not including the computer games)

tremulus - received barring the stretch goals, which seem to drop in every few months.
Base Raiders: The Superpowered Dungeon Crawling RPG - Received and LPing
Mummy: The Curse Core Rulebook - Received and read. now I must find time to run it.
Fate Core - Received and running a game with Real Life Friends - their first RPG!
Machine of Death: The Game of Creative Assassination - Received and waiting for a games day.
Deadzone: The Sci-fi Miniatures Board Game - Got the 1st wave, now waiting on the second - not worried though!

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Running late due to the switch to full colour, not worried.
Three Days Until Retirement: A Game About Cops On The Edge - Near completion.
Demon: The Descent Prestige Edition - Not due yet.
TimeWatch: GUMSHOE Investigative Time Travel RPG - Not Due yet.
Iron Edda: War of Metal and Bone - not due yet.

All in all, a good haul and no worried on the outstanding stuff.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

InShaneee posted:

This is looking like it's going to be my first kickstarter failure. It's seven months late (after claiming to be able to do a 3-month turnaround), and his current excuse for not releasing the game is, I poo poo you not, that he is on the run from bandits. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Technically his excuse was that his house was repeatedly targeted for break-ins, which is totally understandable since it also happens around here, and he's currently in the middle of moving out of a horrible neighborhood. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt right now.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Lists! Who doesn't love lists?

Miniature Wargaming - Flying Assault Butts - Still waiting and a bit worried, though Joe says he's working through them

Toys for your toys - Science Fiction Wargaming Accessories - Delivered minus my bonus sprue. Products were decent but lots of grumbling from backers it seems

Deadzone: The Sci-fi Miniatures Board Game - Wave 1 received though missing most of my rebs faction and a marauder booster. Good product though and Mantic's a reputable company so hoping what I'm missing will get sent. The "Mississauga FedEx shipping issue" was really frustrating but didn't stop me from dumping more in wave 2

Cthulhu Wars - Not due yet. Love me some elder gods and looks fun but want to see the minis in person before deciding to sell/keep

Raging Heroes - The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy - Not due yet but still waiting for a survey. Updates have been slow and really only got in for a single model to paint for my sister so not too worried if they flop, but doubt they will

WARMACHINE: TACTICS - Not due yet. Just grabbed the game. Kind of just an impulse backing

Reaper Miniatures Bones II: The Return Of Mr Bones! - Not due yet. Kicking myself for being broke and not getting in the first one. Wanna swim in all the models like Scrooge McDuck in his gold~

Games & Gears Battle Boards - Not due yet. Updates have been a wee slow but eager to get a full board to play on!

HEX MMO Trading Card Game - Playing the alpha now and enjoying it. Considering we're only seeing the tip of what's planned, I'm expecting something awesome come the final product. Fills that online gaping hole MtG left wide open, and scratches that itch Chron X started.

DreadBall Xtreme - Still going. Not sure if I'll have enough kicking about to get it come the end, but heard good things about DreadBall 1

Still waiting on too much to give a real feel of my KS experience, but so far I'd give my overall run a 7/10.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have only backed three Kickstarters, but they've all been TG-related.

Golden Sky Stories: Got the physical stuff, have had the digital stuff for ages, just waiting on some digital stretch goal stuff.
Inverse World: Got the DW pdf, FATE rules coming soon I hear.
Iron Edda: Not even close to due yet. Enjoy reading the preview rules though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seeing all these lists and not seeing Xia. Am I the only one that backed that?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438045410/xia-legends-of-a-drift-system-0?ref=live

It has had the most professional updates I've yet seen on Kickstarter so I'm expecting good things.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Don't see it posted here, but these guys are in their final 48:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/956725513/ryan-smiths-city?ref=48hr

I like citybuilders, and it looks neat enough to support multiple plays, but the art on this one is meh...

Trying to not let it bother me though, because shipping included what the what. This is either super lightweight or these guys are going to take a hit on fulfillment.

And while we're talking about our lists, I have two that stand out.

Dungeon Roll, which I bought on a whim because it was crazy funded, and it turned out great (minus the booster heroes wtf). Everyone bitching to TMG about how they got it late are idiots.

Machine of Death, which I haven't even opened because what's the point? I bought it for the webcomics people, and even now it seems like the dude was entirely too high on his idea/hipsterism/wordy everything.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
The most important kickstarter news really is that I just got a tracking number for my flying assault butts. :hellyeah:

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

SaviourX posted:

Machine of Death, which I haven't even opened because what's the point? I bought it for the webcomics people, and even now it seems like the dude was entirely too high on his idea/hipsterism/wordy everything.

Shame, I've had a lot of fun with my copy. Did the rules not appeal or something?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

^^ Yeah what's the issue with Machine of Death, is it missing promised bits? I've opened mine but not had a chance to play it yet.

King Burgundy posted:

Seeing all these lists and not seeing Xia. Am I the only one that backed that?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438045410/xia-legends-of-a-drift-system-0?ref=live

It has had the most professional updates I've yet seen on Kickstarter so I'm expecting good things.

I thought about going in for it, but really couldn't justify the funds at the time, figured I'd grab it at retail if it turns out well.

Underground Lasers 2 is almost down to the final day, and a pretty good deal for some really cool stuff, for those wanting terrain. The more people back, the more free train containers we all get :neckbeard:

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
My list in chronological backing order
Dog Eat Dog: Received, wonderful, will probably never play it.
The Doom That Came To Atlantic City!: Hahahahahaha. Supposedly coming soon though.
Dungeon World: A Game with Modern Rules & Old-School Style: Received and very happy.
Better Angels -- A Hell of a Roleplaying Game by Greg Stolze: Again arrived, beautiful, will probably never play it.
13th Age expansion book: 13 True Ways: Still waiting...
tremulus: a storytelling game of lovecraftian horror: As mentioned above, a big heavier than expected, seems to lose some of the fluidity of PBtA games. Plus, Black Stars Rise is free.
Rusty the Rust Monster - Plush Toy: Delayed by legal action, but oh so cute!
Medieval Village for 28mm Gamers: Ordered way too much of this, still haven't assembled it. Oops.
Professor Pugnacious: Still waiting for the Australia shipment to make it to Melbourne.
Dice Rings: Arrived and fine, for a gimmick thing.
Dragon's Hoard: Still waiting.
Seattle Doomsday Map: Very pretty, on time, no complaints.
Futuristic Metal Coins or Victory Tokens: Slow to arrived, but all received.
Dungeon Roll - A Dicey Dungeon Delve: Arrived eventually, have only played once (solo).
STORY WAR : The Storytelling Party Game: Arrived, still haven't played it. Not sure if I will.
Coup - bluff & deception in the world of The Resistance: Arrived without drama and with all the ordered extras. Gets a lot of play.
MYTH: Still in the works, shipping in soonish.
Inverse World: A Dungeon World Sourcebook: PDF just arrived, hardcopy in process.
Monsterhearts Second Skins: As discussed above, slow but still coming.
Xia: Legends of a Drift System: You're not the only one! Looking forward to this one when it arrives.
Council of Verona -You Influence the World of Romeo & Juliet: Arrived without issues, but don't love the game.
THE AGENTS - A Double-edged Cards Game: Actually a lot of fun, other than super-slippery cards.
Three Days Until Retirement: A Game About Cops On The Edge: Almost ready to ship I think.
404: Law Not Found: PDF only, released quickly.
Marrying Mr. Darcy - the Pride and Prejudice Card Game: PDF as well, received.
Dungeon Roll - Winter Promo Pack: Still waiting.
Templar Intrigue - A Werewolf type game by @tastyminstrel: Not due yet, but got an update today.
CALL OF CATTHULHU -- DeLUXE!: Waiting, haven't heard anything for a while.
Pirate World: the explosive Dungeon World/Fate sourcebook!: Not due yet.
Coin Age - A PAY-WHAT-YOU-WANT area control microgame: Not due yet.
Elevenses - The Card Game of Morning Tea: Not due yet.

Also, holy crap I've put a lot of money into TG kickstarters.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Wrong thread

On topic TEK won a geek award

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 28, 2014

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Oooh we're listing success and failures?

Chronologically:
The Doom that Came to Atlantic City - lol
Tammany Hall - Received
Ground Floor - Received, a GREAT game
Urbanization - Received, but I regret it - it's a bit too euro
Disaster Looms - Received, and also regret it - shoddy quality and terrible support
Gauntlet of Fools - Received very quickly - solid quick filler game
Guts of Glory - Received, took forever but the game is fun and hilarious
Perfect Heist - Received, Munchkin clone filler game
Democracy - stillllllllllll waiting
Nothing Personal - Received - this shipped around the same time as Euphoria and Coup so I still haven't actually played it yet, the components are a great quality though
Compounded: Better Gaming Through Chemistry - Received - great quality components as well but it's in the same boat as Nothing Personal, hoping to play it sometime soon
Dungeon Roll - Received, fun as single player or small group
Coup - Received, seems to be all we've been playing
Euphoria - Received, seems to be what we play when we have more time or fewer people
Dominion Storage Case - Received a few months late, but it's amazing, fits everything the dividers are great, inserts are great, and it has very solid construction - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1423575262/dominion-storage-case - she's going to produce more once the KS orders are filled
A Duel Betwixt Us - survey completed, Game Salute redeemed, post from project last week said they're waiting on hard proofs
Get Lucky the Kill Doctor Lucky Card Game - not due yet, "at the printer"
Dungeon Roll Winter Promo - delayed (was supposed to be Feb), estimated in May now
TEK - funding just finished
Scoville - funding just finished

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Generally I've had a pretty successful time on kickstarter; of the 62 projects I've backed over the past 2 years the only TG-related ones I've had any cause to worry about are:
  • Last Stand - no physical copy yet; apparently international orders were troublesome but I haven't heard anything for months.
  • 13 True Ways - still in playtesting, and unfortunately my interest in 13th Age has rather waned since backing after seeing the direction some of the playetests have gone.
  • Alas Vegas - The guy's had lots of personal trouble, apparently, and lost steam on the project. Still, updates regularly and is on the road to completion.

Generally I've found the RPG kickstarters are a lot more reliable than board game or video game ones, although things can still go very wrong when people over-promise stretch goals. These days I'm mainly going to back kickstarters that give everyone (or all backers) access to a draft of the text - it's worked out very well with Fate Core, Mummy the Curse and Demon the Descent, and the Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide, and it's probably the model I'd use for any kickstarters I plan on running in the future.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Let me show y'all how this is done.

Here's all the tabletop stuff I've backed that isn't still currently funding:
Tiny Epic Kingdoms: I think this one is on its way.
World of Calidar: No word lately, but this one just finished and isn't expected until June.
Ryuutama: Waiting on the hardcopy.
Deck of Many Things: No word recently, estimated for March.
Grim World: Got the PDFs, waiting on the books which I think are going out now-ish.
Stab City: Last update was October.
Divine Instruments for Part-Time Gods: Got the book and PDF.
Jadepunk: Not expecting anything until April.
Deck of Legends: Was estimated for November, haven't heard anything in a while.
Tears of a Machine: Got the PDFs.
Rosemont Bay: No word in a while.
Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine: Already been covered by others.
Kingdom: Got the PDFs.
XXXXtreme STREET Luge 5th Edition: Honestly, I only backed this for the Vin Diesil ApocWorld playbook.
Transhuman: The Eclispse Phase Player's Guide: Got the PDF, waiting on the Fate Core conversion.
Monsterhearts Second Skins: :welp:
OVA Second Edition: Got the backer PDF, waiting on the hardcopy.
Torchbearer: Got the book and PDF, bummed I'll probably never play it.
Inverse World: Got the PDF, waiting on the hardcopy (or possibly two maybe?)
Golden Sky Stories: Got everything.
Fate Dice: Dice recieved!
Short Order Heroes: Got the deck.
Fudge It! Classic Fudge dice: Got 'em.
Channel A: Got it.
Apotheosis Drive X: Waiting on pretty much everything except the core PDF.
Wicked Fantasy: Got the PDFs; I don't even know if we got the Dungeon World races, since that's the only reason I actually backed it.
Sea Dracula: Still don't know what this is about, only backed for the "Space Marine Mammal" Apocalypse World playbook (which I got).
KOBOLDS ATE MY BABY! IN COLOR!!!: Got everything. ALL HAIL KING TORG!
Doppelganger: The Universal Game Piece: Expecting in May.
Dungeon Roll: Got the game and the boosters.
Cortex Hackers Guide: Arrived yesterday.
Interface Zero 2.0: Got the PDFs, book should be arriving soon (I hope).
Sorcerer Upgrade: Got both books, still haven't read them.
Matching Lions: Got my two decks.
ICONS: Great Power: Got the book & PDF, waiting on the updated character builder.
Fate Core: Got everything that's come out so far. My biggest pledge, at $145.
Skies Over Danbury Dungeon World adventure: Got the book last week.
Boss Monster: Got everything.
Magicians: Got the PDF and hardcopy. Still haven't read them.
One Shot - An RPG of Sacrifice and Vengance: Got the PDF.
Herione: Got the PDF.
Base Raiders: Got everything.
Motobushido: Got everything.
Hillfolk: Got everything.
The Reliquary: Was due back in June.
Act Ten RPG: Got the hardcopy and bonus PDFs.
Nightfall: *cough*
Heros of Metro City Deck Building Game: Got the print-and-play version.
Truth and Lies for Wu Xing: Got the Print/PDF bundle.
Numenera: Got the PDFs.
Unexploded Cow: Got the print & play.
tremulus: Got everything.
Psi-Punk: Got the PDF (eventually).
Reaper Bones I: Got my minis, still haven't started painting them.
Tenra Bansho Zero: Got the whole package.
13 True Ways: Not due for a while yet.
Stark City for ICONS: Got the book & PDF.
RPG of the Month Club: 24 terrible RPGs recieved!
Better Angels: Recieved the hardcover.
Race To Adventure!: Got the game and expansion.
Dungeon World: Duh.
City of Clocks: Got the PDF.
Last Stand: Got the game and cards, but I don't think I'll be getting the boxed set.
Deadlands Noir: Got everything.
Farewell to Fear: Progressive Post-Fantasy: Got the PDFs.
Full Moon: Got the PDF and custom Fudge dice.
Metamophosis Alpha: Is now a year and a half late; content is being trickled out in updates.
Mobile Frame Zero: Got the book & stickers.
Random Dungeon Generator posters: Hanging on my bedroom wall...ladies.
Tephra: the Steampunk RPG: Got my hardcopy.
Always/Never/Now: Got the PDFs (eventually).
Writer's Dice: Got 'em.
Dinosaurs...IN SPAAACE!: Got the book.
Far West: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I honestly don't even know why I backed this. At least it was only $10.
Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple: Got my PDFs.
Dungeonmorph Dice: Got my set, been meaning to pick up the other sets.
REIGN Grab Bag, Out of the Violent Planet, REIGN of Arduin, NAIN: Got all these delivered a while ago.

And that's just the tabletop stuff.

Far West is currently the furthest behind (funded in August 2011), with Metamorposis Alpha a close second (September 2012). I'm also waiting on 13 True Ways, The Reliquary, Interface Zero (which I have the PDF for, anyway), my Doppleganger piece, Apotheosis Drive X, OVA, Monsterhearts Second Skins, Chuubo, and Rosemont Bay; all of which were estimated for last year. Deck of Legends, Jadepunk, Stab City, Grim World hardcopy, Inverse World, and Ryuutama are all expected later this year and I think are on track.

I've backed waaaaaay too many things.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Psh. :smug:

Statuses:
Reaper Bones: Got everything, everything seems to be intact, maybe a few missing figures but Reaper's real good about replacements, one of the safest investments I've made
Fate Core: Got the PDFs, didn't ask for more.
Zombicide: CMON is reliable and while the minis were so much uglier than I thought that I wound up hocking the thing for a quarter grand, the game looked pretty fun. I might consider re-buying a copy and using my own minis down the road.
Dreamforge Games Leviathans and Eisenkern Infantry: This one, well, a lot happened. As you can see, it had an estimated delivery date of October 2012, but a full half of my order has yet to arrive, though he's been making good on keeping in touch with his backers. Lots of problems in manufacturing and such, HOWEVER, he has come through on the first two parts of the three parts I ordered: the Leviathan Crusaders and Eisenkern Infantrymen as well as the Leviathan Mortis kits. All that remains are the Eisenkern Valkyr(basically Space Marines), and he's been posting progress updates as those go through the manufacturing process in China. They look outstanding, and if they're even remotely similar to the quality on the Leviathans and Eisenkern Infantry, they'll be definite must-buys for folks looking for cheap, high-quality Space Marine replacements. Dude is cool and readily replies to emails sent to him too, I talked to him for a bit. He's been struggling through all this but is slowly making good on his promises, and they are of the highest quality, even nicer stuff than GW in many cases!
Dragon's Hoard: Just received this in the mail a couple weeks ago, it looks fantastic. My roommate got a kick out of the Damsel/Mansel story, too.
Rivet Wars: Got it in a timely manner, typical CMON reliability.
Deadzone: Got the first wave, only real complaint was that they just kinda tossed everything(plastic-bagged) into a big box mixed with popcorn, so if you were careful you could accidentally toss out some minis or bases. All of the bases were loose in the shipping box which just is INSANE to me since those can slip out of anything. Quality's good on the minis though, really looking forward to the Not-Squat Bikers I ordered, too.
Dreadball: I missed pledging for this by literally ten minutes thanks to an internet outage, but they let me pledge post-KS and I bought the 750 dollar or whatever triple-set bundle with some extras. What showed up was good quality though a little flimsy plastic-wise(Deadzone fixed this issue handily), the minis are mostly pretty sweet though. Still waiting on a final shipment I think, or it might be in the small box I received a month or two ago that I still need to sort through but keep forgetting about.
Reaper Bones II: Dumped quite a lot on much more specific things this time around, though it'd have been nice to be able to get more than ten of a given thing. Fully expecting excellent quality like the first round of Bones.
Iron Edda: The premise alone had me, so I tossed a few bucks in for it, should make for at least an interesting read even if it turns out to be a dud.
Mars Attacks: Bought the bundle, looks interesting.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I purposely left out my video games, food, and film backings

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I didn't feel like editing the screenshot. v:shobon:v

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've kickstarted about 50 things, and so far I've only had 3 not come through (yet): Monsterhearts 2, Obsidian Portal, and The Reliquary.

I don't think any of those are going to leave me hanging forever.

Kickstarter is pretty good.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

My first kickstarter was to build a statue of Robocop in Detroit. It is actually happening, despite reaching funding about three years ago. I guess bronze work on a ten foot tall Robocop takes a while.

My other projects are the Deck of Legends (which is apparently lost in the ether), Bones 2, and Tiny Epic Kingdoms. I'm almost getting upset about the Deck of Legends. How long does it take to get playing cards printed?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I didn't start doing Kickstarter until Deck of Legends, so I haven't received anything from what I've backed yet.

Actually, that's not true! I got the PDFs for Accursed, and Grim World is basically done. Pretty much everything else hasn't hit its estimated date yet, so now I just sit back and wait for games to wash over me.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wasn't the Stab City guy a goon, or had a friend who was a goon?

I'm glad I backed out of that one. It looks abandoned.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Swagger Dagger posted:

I've kickstarted about 50 things, and so far I've only had 3 not come through (yet): Monsterhearts 2, Obsidian Portal, and The Reliquary.

I don't think any of those are going to leave me hanging forever.

Kickstarter is pretty good.

My understanding of the stats is that the number of Kickstarters where there's fraud / the project leader just disappears is reasonably small. The number running massively late ... that's a lot bigger. Of course, I wonder how much those stats might be affected by projects that are just nominally alive or making progress.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Fun with lists!

V20 Companion Delux Edition: My name's in the credits!
Gunship First Strike: Got it. Alright game, but I'm trying to trade it.
Fleet: Best thing I've gotten through kickstarter.
Serpent's Tongue: I forgot I was actually getting something from this. Should investigate.
Children of the Revolution Deluxe: Name's in the credits on this, too!
Mr. Card Game: This is over a year late, but it's finally shipping. I'm willing to forgive these guys, since they've kept everyone updated, and it's their first game. It's also a fun game!
Maze of Games: More credits!
Expedition: Famous Explorers: Even more credits!
Zombicide Season 2: My friend really likes this, so I threw $5 at it for him.
Sails of Glory: Name on the website!
Moby Dick: Only a couple months late. Not a fantastic game, but I couldn't resist Moby Dick.
Canterbury: Got this on time. Nice little area control game.
Galactic Strike Force: Been delayed until May.
Fleet: Artic Bounty: Now shipping, only a couple of months late.
Fief: Only just backed; don't foresee any problems.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Dungeon World, Durance, Reaper I, Dice Rings, Where Art Thou Romeo: All good, everything received and on time.
Board Game Chests: Just got cheap Eclipse trays, they should arrive on time by the updates.
Tiny Epic Kingdoms, Fief, This Town Ain't Big Enough: I don't see any problems with these, besides maybe some delay on TEK.
Last Stand: I think these got to most backers? Dunno. Never got mine, and I think he sent another one when I sent a Kickstarter message, but I never got that one either. I don't have an RP group these days so I'm not bothered about it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Lagoon just hit $100,000, which means everyone will get 19mm wooden seed tokens (12 of each seed type for 36 total).

Now apparently there's going to be some kind of special stretch goal at 125,000. I guess they'll reveal it once they see that the last goal was unlocked.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Not done all that many myself:
Dungeon World: all good
Kingdom: likewise.
Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Just finished
Alas Vegas: Still Waiting...

(And the Android version of Ascension, which while technically a computer game did get discussed on this thread or the previous one. And for which things are looking fairly dire at the moment, with extremely sporadic communication and very little visible progress [exactly, oddly enough] one year after the end of the KS. Did get the promo card at least.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Arcadia Quest -- Still Running
Deluxe Dungeons -- Still Running
Heroes Of Metro City: Sidekicks & Storylines -- Still Running
Scarlet Heroes RPG -- Still Running
Mutant Chronicles 3rd Ed. RPG -- Still Running
Zeppelin Attack! -- Still Running
City of Iron: Experts and Engines -- Funded not due till September
Tiny Epic Kingdoms -- Funded not due till September
CALL OF CATTHULHU -- Funded not due till March
CORPORIA - the RPG -- Funded not due till May
Tianxia -- Funded not due till March
Three Days Until Retirement -- Funded due February but good updates on progress keep me from worrying
Reaper Miniatures Bones II -- Funded not due till December
Weird Wars Rome - Savage Worlds -- Funded Received
Tears of a Machine -- Funded due December 2013, but regular progress reports keep me from worrying
Inverse World -- Funded due October 2013 I have faith because gnome and Mikan are not bastards
Fudge it! Fudge Dice Infusion -- Funded Received
Channel A -- Funded Received
Achtung! Cthulhu -- Funded Received
ALAS VEGAS -- Funded due June 2013 Author had a a crippling case of writer's block. However it's a new James Wallis design so I am really willing to gut him some slack.
Interface Zero 2.0 -- Funded due July 2013. Running super late due to the stretch goal curse. Should be shipping next month actually.
Rivet Wars -- Funded Received Phase 1. Phase 2 out next month
Fate Core -- Funded Received
UP FRONT! -- Funded due June 2013 and in legal hell for most of last year. However they have been sending regular art updates and it looks loving fantastic.
Cairn -- Funded due....ahahahahahahahahahahahahah...yeah right.
Magicians -- Funded Received
Professor Pugnacious-- Funded Received
Hillfolk-- Funded Received
Spears of the Dawn RPG-- Funded Received
PURGE: Sins of Science- The 1st Real Time Strategy Card Game-- Funded Received
Rusty the Rust Monster - Plush Toy-- Funded Received no thanks to WotC
Nightfall -- Funded due February 2013 I have faith in Mikan
tremulus -- Funded Received
City of Iron -- Funded Received
Stark City: Setting and City Building Toolkit for ICONS RPG -- Funded Received
Tenra Bansho Zero-- Funded Received
Numenera-- Funded Received
Reaper Miniatures Bones-- Funded Received
City of Clocks Industrial Fantasy Systemless Setting Book-- Funded Received
Dungeon World-- Funded Received
Last Stand-- Funded Received
Eldritch Skies-- Funded Received

I back a ton of Kickstarters.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 28, 2014

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Lists!!

In terms of TGs, I've backed:

FINISHED:
Villiages: a Construct and Conquer card game => ended a few weeks ago, expected to ship the first part in April, the second part in June
Time Watch => just ended, expected to ship in December now (I think) due to color printing pushing everything back a month
Iron Edda => just ended, shipping in June
Tiny Epic Kingdoms => just ended, shipping in September

ONGOING:
Project: Dark
Kingdom Builder Big Box => although I'm considering dropping this one, even though I got in on the super early bird price, since it's essentially just a preorder
Scarlet Heros RPG => debating if I want to upgrade to the print option
President Wars--Battle through the Centuries => essentially a glorified game of war
Province
Lagoon: Land of Druids => it's going to be GORGEOUS

I had kicked a little towards Journey to the Overland, but I pulled my pledge because I just don't see it coming to fruition. Plus, the creator's attitude towards some of the comments kind of irked me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

InShaneee posted:

I backed two games from Machine Age (Flatpack and the micro-games collection) and have gotten the PDFs for the first one and the second's effectively cancelled. I think my books got lost in the mail or something, but I got pushed off because apparently shipping me a new book was too much money. I was pretty surprised at the positive response to Apotheosis Drive X when they barely shipped one Kickstarter and basically called the second stillborn. It looked cool, but I wasn't confident enough to give them even more money.

Overall I've only had a few Kickstarters fall apart on me. Always/Never/Now is done, I'm just waiting on physical stuff a year and a half later. Machine Age has had actual real life issues, so I can't be too bent about that, but I was one of the folks that gave Mike Nystul money and we all know how that went. David Hill got robbed at a convention, Mike Nystul became a travelling wizard. I feel like there's a difference there.

On the other hand, I think I'm finally done dealing with Minion Games, just ended up paying the shipping for a replacement box for Hegemonic after they overpacked a box and shattered the bottom of the one they shipped me first. I could see buying another game from them, I think.

I have to say, though, it's really cool seeing guys like the designer of Xia: Legends of a Drift system see his dream come to life. He's really engaged with his backers and didn't bite off more than he could chew with stretch goals. He's gone from a game prototype to being in production in a really short period of time.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Seeing a lot of lists here without 100 Deluxe Dungeons in them...

Up over $2000 and still 20 days left, so we added some stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/314825490/100-deluxe-dungeons/posts/762364

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dagon posted:

Up over $2000 and still 20 days left, so we added some stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/314825490/100-deluxe-dungeons/posts/762364
I can't believe you used the word "verisimilitude." :roflolmao:

I love this kickstarter.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dagon posted:

Bolded and Hot-Linked in my list...:colbert:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

dwarf74 posted:

I can't believe you used the word "verisimilitude." :roflolmao:

I love this kickstarter.

If you're a fan of verisimilitude, you will love Lee's Lists!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

You guys are scrubs, here's my list of kickstarters I've backed:

18OE

:v:

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

VoodooXT posted:

Technically his excuse was that his house was repeatedly targeted for break-ins, which is totally understandable since it also happens around here, and he's currently in the middle of moving out of a horrible neighborhood. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt right now.
Aren't they the people who had the Bundle of Holding put up a few months ago as they completely lost the ability to do any sort of work whatsoever because of thievery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Made it: Last Stand, Dungeon World, Better Angels, TBZ, Hillfolk, FATE Core, Sorcerer Upgrade, Golden Sky Stories, Inverse World, Kingdom, Thou Art But A Warrior (Indiegogo)
I think a couple of these still have Stretch goals outstanding, but they all delivered enough that I can't complain. I still wouldn't back an Indiegogo without a 100% complete product.

Not yet: Ryuutama, Chuubo's, Monsterhearts 2nd skins, The Clay That Woke (Still kickstarting).

• Locked thread