Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Can someone give me a link to the old Raws and Smackdowns? I can't find them, looking for 1st SD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Michael Corleone posted:

Can someone give me a link to the old Raws and Smackdowns? I can't find them, looking for 1st SD!

Here's the first Smackdown: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31287741

The Raw/SD replays are under Shows -> In Ring. http://network.wwe.com/shows/in-ring

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been putting the stream on in the background while I do other poo poo cause it's free for a week so why not?

Tonight, I put one of the 1998 RAWs on as "background". Well, turns out that everything else was background and I feel like a teenager again. Why can't the current product be this compelling? I feel amped right now for the next episode that isn't available. This poo poo really holds up. In some ways it feels more current than current stuff.

Edit: If they can get all the RAW and SMACKDOWN catalogue online ASAP, I think they'll have a ridiculous retention rate for subscriptions. It seems pretty obvious that most people are wanting the old days, so the least they can do is offer a huge back catalogue.

I'm curious as to why 94-97 is completely omitted in the RAW back catalogue. What's in there that they don't want us to see?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

sunsweet posted:

Here's the first Smackdown: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31287741

The Raw/SD replays are under Shows -> In Ring. http://network.wwe.com/shows/in-ring

Thanks. I have been looking under shows like you said, and even when I sort them oldest to newest it only goes back to 2013. I'm using Chrome.

e; I see where you can choose by year and that works. Thanks again!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 1, 2014

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm curious as to why 94-97 is completely omitted in the RAW back catalogue. What's in there that they don't want us to see?

They are holding back a lot of the stuff promised on launch so people don't use the free week and bail.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Phenix Rising posted:

They'll rotate them in down the road.

Beaten by a better explanation!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Seems like they are already pulling content.

Raw episodes 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 are up on demand. Earlier this week, they had 1-7

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Parlett316 posted:

This may sound like a cop out but the lack of competition really hurts.

Not a copout at all. I've always said poo poo went downhill since The Aquisition and I maintain it to this day. Granted, poo poo was downhill before that but the lack of competition is most definitely an ongoing problem.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Call Me Charlie posted:

You can still search up 1 and 5, they just went missing from the Shows menu for whatever reason. The disappearing 6 is an answer I don't have, but things have been dropping in and out all week, it seems.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Call Me Charlie posted:

Probably just a glitch. That doesn't make any sense.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DeathChicken posted:

Undertaker/Punk from 29 is a loving spectacle.

It's really good, far better than I was expecting given the lack of chemistry Punk and Taker had shown in the past, but it's not a spectacle. It's better than Edge / Taker, and probably Batista / Taker, but I'd put both HBK and HHH matches above it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maybe you had to be there, but it's made by the crowd reaction. Half that place loved Taker, half that place loved Punk. Then Taker gets out of the Anaconda and 90,000 people are suddenly booming for Taker.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

After Bischoff and Russo came back in April of 2000 they instituted a "relaxed DQs" policy where basically everything is legal unless the ref decides it isn't with zero consistency. On Nitro week after week Tony Schiavone would exclaim that DQs are relaxed in the new WCW because the fans have been asking for it, and WCW aims to please.

And then matches would end on DQs anyway. WCW.txt

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So my wife is interested in Stone Colds career. So far I've shown her the 3:16 promo and the Mania 13 submission match. I plan on showing his first title win next, then I'm not sure where to go after that. I know Mania X7 but that's a pretty big gap. What are other career defining matches/promos from Austin?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I was watching Starrcade 85 last night, there is an absurd amount of blood on that show. They even rated it TV-MA. I've seen deathmatch tournaments with less blading. Great show, though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Von_Doom posted:

Same exact issue. I usually toss up proxies all the time due to paranoia and I figured that or another add on was my issue. Killed all and did a barebones firefox. Nope. Hated firefox. Thought it might hate mac/linux flavour and so got a Fruend von mir that has a windows machine (DONT JUDGE ME) to try and same ish. Nothing on faq/ help site but this won't be a high priority I'm afraid. Stick to Chrome mate. At least for now.

Love this. I'm a child of ECW and I get to watch most of it. Still waiting for my beloved 1994-96 years with Cactus and Mikey. I want Thunderkiss 65 back in the theme. Always marked out hard for that.

It's working fine for me. :shobon:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

So my wife is interested in Stone Colds career. So far I've shown her the 3:16 promo and the Mania 13 submission match. I plan on showing his first title win next, then I'm not sure where to go after that. I know Mania X7 but that's a pretty big gap. What are other career defining matches/promos from Austin?

I wouldn't say career defining, but Austin vs. Rock at WM 15 is also pretty good. The rest of the PPV is pretty forgettable (except for the hilarious end of Brawl For All), but you could just cue up the main event.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Eventually the 96 - 97 stuff will be up, show her the Austin/Hart feud.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

bradzilla posted:

You should show her the entire Bret/Austin and Austin/Vince feud.

The most important must see moments of that are
1. Bret's scary promos in 96
2. 3:16 promo that you've already shown her
3. Both Bret vs Austin matches
4. Austin's first stunner to Vince on a Sept 97 Raw
5. The Austin/Vince Raw where Austin challenges Vince to a fight. 4/13/98. Raws are really not hard to find online. For example, this is the 4/13/98 Raw just found by putting 4/13/98 Raw into google. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xys1bd_wwf-raw-04-13-1998-part-1_sport
6. Raw in late 98 where Austin kidnaps Vince and holds him hostage with a gun.
7. Austin is the new CEO
8. Austin's duet with the Rock
9. Austin/Kurt Angle/Vince McMahon skits from Summer 2001
10. Austin vs Rock from WMX7.

Here's some nice montage Austin video packages that I uploaded years ago.

Austin video at Badd Blood 97
Stone Cold's Road to Wrestlemania video
Buildup to Bret/Austin's Survivor Series 96 match

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 1, 2014

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Super Ninja Fish posted:

5. The Austin/Vince Raw where Austin challenges Vince to a fight. 4/13/98. Raws are really not hard to find online. For example, this is the 4/13/98 Raw just found by putting 4/13/98 Raw into google. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xys1bd_wwf-raw-04-13-1998-part-1_sport
7. Austin is the new CEO

I'd like to add Austin's assault on Vince in the hospital. Couldn't find it on the Network, but it was 5/10/98 episode of RAW.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

bradzilla posted:

The Beyond The Ring episode for Stone Cold is a pretty good summary of his career. It's just the documentary off his last DVD release.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Glad I just signed up for the free trial cause I have not been able to watch a single video. Unless you count the cool little rating video that always plays first. Then nothing but blackness. It seems like it is not even trying to load video.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Super Ninja Fish posted:

7. Austin is the new CEO

You forgot the Canadian Stampede 5 on 5 match.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Super Ninja Fish posted:

7. Austin is the new CEO

Thanks. Lots of good stuff here that I forgot about. She was pretty loving blown away by the submission match with Bret so I can't wait to show her more.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Super Ninja Fish posted:

7. Austin is the new CEO

For shits and giggles, try to find "Pillman's got a gun!" as well.
Just to give a small idea of how insane they would go with things back then.

And for good measure... Austin vs Booker T in a supermarket

Panamaniac fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 1, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For important moments of Bret/Vince, you have to include the main event of St Valentine's Day Massacre.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Are there really no New Jack matches on the Network? That owns.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Meat Recital posted:

Are there really no New Jack matches on the Network? That owns.

yes there are (or at least were) New Jack matches on the Network, check ECW PPVs, I watched him vs Mustafa the other day to see if they overdubbed Natural Born Killaz (they did :()

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Weirdly enough, the timeline "dots" work when I boot into Windows, but on OSX they do not show up.

Maybe my Flash is out of date on the Mac side or something?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Weirdly enough, the timeline "dots" work when I boot into Windows, but on OSX they do not show up.

Maybe my Flash is out of date on the Mac side or something?

It's been really inconsistent in general with those things. Half the time I see them, half the time I don't.

E: Holy poo poo, they didn't bleep out Tyson calling Austin a "human being" at the end of this raw.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The dots are neat, but I can't advanced directly TO a dot. If I'm watching a show and need to stop halfway through, I have to fast-forward to where I left off manually.

Is there no way to "page forward"/move ahead a chapter? Seems exactly like what the dots would be for.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

The dots are neat, but I can't advanced directly TO a dot. If I'm watching a show and need to stop halfway through, I have to fast-forward to where I left off manually.

Is there no way to "page forward"/move ahead a chapter? Seems exactly like what the dots would be for.

It's L1/R1 on the PS4 app, at least.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The DVD Cause Stone Cold Says So should be mandatory viewing

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sigma posted:

They are holding back a lot of the stuff promised on launch so people don't use the free week and bail.

Like we can watch 8 years of content in one week...

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I forgot how crazy that theme for Smackdown! was.

Even funnier is HHH comes out first, ranting about the Men in suits out back, telling him he could never be champion and him having to prove them wrong.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

I forgot how crazy that theme for Smackdown! was.

Even funnier is HHH comes out first, ranting about the Men in suits out back, telling him he could never be champion and him having to prove them wrong.

I smell a Daniel Bryan/Network promotion tie-in...

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm watching 2002 Royal Rumble and Taz/Spike vs. Dudleys is just amazing. :)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I think I am going to let my subscription go and charge me. I just put on In Your House 3, and I am seeing gimmicks I have only ever heard about on here. Jean-Pierre LaFitte and Waylon Mercy.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

I'm having quite a problem canceling my subscription. I'm dumb and didn't realize I couldn't watch while traveling abroad. I've sent at least 4 different emails and no accurate response yet (its been like, 4 days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

omgomgomg posted:

I'm having quite a problem canceling my subscription. I'm dumb and didn't realize I couldn't watch while traveling abroad. I've sent at least 4 different emails and no accurate response yet (its been like, 4 days)

just use a dns proxy like unlocator or unblock