Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoWordName
Jan 3, 2013

I've spent too much money on kickstarter especially for my bad backer streaks. On the TG side of things, I've back:

Bigger Bads: Books received.
Do: Piligrims of the Flying Temple: Got everything.
They Became Flesh: I received a book and the dice after a year of waiting. We will never see the stretch goals.
Flatpack: Got the pdfs. Books will never come.
Mobile Frame Zero: Books received.
Farewell to Fear: Got the PDF but never any of the stretch goals, physical books, or guestbook sheet.
Dungeon World: Got everything and very happy with it.
Tremulus: Got shipped more then I backed for somehow?
Hillfolk: I received everything after a wait.
Fatecore: Received everything and my largest fulfilled pledge.
Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide: Received PDFs. I heard that backers were starting to receive their books.
Torchbearer: Got my PDFs and book.
Transhuman: Got my PDFs.
Inverse World: Received PDFs. Books are going out?
Chuubos: I have no idea what is happening with this.
Monsterhearts: Second Skins: Nothing yet.
Kingdom: Received my book.
Ryuutama: Waiting on my hardcopy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

MadScientistWorking posted:

Aren't they the people who had the Bundle of Holding put up a few months ago as they completely lost the ability to do any sort of work whatsoever because of thievery?

Google says yes. Also, that David Hill guy who put on the ADX Kickstarter is moving to Japan to teach English. Having done that myself, I wish him fun and luck not to get driven insane like some of the people I saw in the program. :v:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Serpent's Tongue - Received about a year and a half late, but I was getting updates from the project throughout and the delay was mostly due to the massive overfunding allowing them to do a few more rounds of playtest and revision before release. Interesting game but I've only been able to play it a few times. One of those 'people are interested but not putting the effort in to give it a shot' scenarios.
Numenera - PDFs received
Hegemonic - Received after a few months delay. Slightly annoyed at the way the publisher was handling things, but I find the game pretty much brilliant and entirely worth it.
Bug Hunt Corridors - Another kickstarter that was delayed due to massively underestimated demand. Was very happy with the terrain when it did arrive, however.
Professional MP3 Background Loops for Role-Playing - Received.
Xia: Legends of a Drift System - Running late, but the game had some manufacturing issues in China and the creator has been putting out very regular and transparent updates. Appears to be on track for June/July.
Elven Adventurers Box Set - Not due yet
Argent: The Consortium - Not due yet
Timewatch - Not due yet
Scarlet Heroes - Still funding

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I've only backed 2 TG kickstarters.

Galaxy Defenders - Which I JUST received in today. It was delayed, but they always kept us up to date on why when asked
Galactic Strike Force - Massively delayed, they kind of bungled on why it was delayed, but I'm fine with the delay as each time they do they up the bonuses.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

You ever have one of those moments when you add up everything on your list and realize you could have bought a car instead? Yeah. On the plus side I have achieved immortality by having a bunch of models made for me!
I'm a mage, bitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZiz48s0Jo&t=148s (Anthony)

Speaking of impulse buys:

Arcadia Quest gameplay: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-quest/posts/762156
Counter Blast gameplay: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-miniatures-game/posts/762022

Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
Oh man, I can't be left out on all this kickstarter fun.

List of the things I've backed, in chronological order:
Fate Core - Backed it for the book, and its great. I don't regret it.
To Be or Not To Be: Adventure Book - Backed it for the hard back. Its pretty neat, but I regret this a little bit.
Golden Sky Stories - This looked really cool and I don't regret buying it.
Torchbearer - Another really neat RPG book.
Kingdom - Pretty neat, but apparently not the sort of thing my group likes. Sorta regret.
Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine - I went in for the book on this one, and I won't lie. I do regret buying it. 70 bux for a book is pretty ridiculous, definitely a bad impusle buy.
Argent: the Consortium - After playing Battlecon, I don't think Level 99 can do any wrong.

Some of them were late, but that doesn't really bother me. It's only a problem if I don't get them.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

While I was flying across the country Lagoon busted the $100,000 mark for 19mm wooden tokens. I see no reason this thing won't hit the $125,000 goal for a new tile.

I hope the game is as good as it will look.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LordAba posted:

You ever have one of those moments when you add up everything on your list and realize you could have bought a car instead? Yeah.
:ssh: The big stuff is mostly for reselling, I made back what I paid for the Reaper Bones stuff just by selling a dozen of the Vampire pledges and still have a couple grand worth of figures to sell. Want a Kaladrax? :v:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Reading Jenna Moran's tumblr is probably the best way of keeping up what's happening with Chuubo's. Lately, it's been a bit difficult to read, as she struggles with edits on both the main Chuubo's volume and the middle book of "Enemies Endure". I'm in on the project for all three books and some extras, my biggest Kickstarter pledge ever, but I knew when I pledged that it was probably going to be late and a bit of a glorious mess

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
tremulus and TBZ have definitely delivered the core product (though tremulus was not ultimately as cool as the pitch) but I don't consider either of them to be complete yet since they still have stretch goals outstanding. In particular, tremulus had three additional full playsets as stretch goals, none of which has yet materialized. And the existing playset is easily one of the most compelling elements of the tremulus package, so another three, if they live up to that, would enormously increase my satisfaction with that particular pledge. (There were also three expansions for the default playset of Ebon Eaves, two of which have appeared.) I haven't seen any word about progress on those on the Kickstarter page but possibly the official forums are being updated more regularly. In any case, new tremulus content does materialize every so often so I assume it's not abandoned.

TBZ's been much more communicative and it sounds like the stretch goals are becoming more of a thing than originally pitched, so that's okay. Still want them, though!

I'm not going to do a full breakdown of mine because I have something well over 140 projects backed and while many of those are for videogames or other unrelated genres I've also been heavy into RPGs and boardgames. And frankly, it's the same old story and mostly the same stuff other people have mentioned - almost everything has either arrived and been lovely or is delayed, perhaps dramatically, but still appears to be on track, with only a few sour notes like The Doom that Came to Atlantic City (which I may yet receive even so!). Personally I really don't care how long stuff takes as long as communication is strong and everything arrives in the end.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Wasn't the Stab City guy a goon, or had a friend who was a goon?

I'm glad I backed out of that one. It looks abandoned.
It is indeed supposed to be a goon, allegedly. I don't feel comfortable calling anyone out at this point, but the information's still public for those who are curious.

But yeah, the long period of radio silence is starting to worry me. :ohdear:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TwoWordName posted:

Chuubos: I have no idea what is happening with this.

There are frequent updates here: http://jennamoran.tumblr.com/

Edit: oops, left this reply window open way too long.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The vast majority of stuff I backed has arrived, and a bit more than half of that was either on time or barely late (like, 2-4 weeks), so KS has worked out pretty well for me. My main problem is that I need to stop backing cool indie RPGs that I'll never get to play because my group sucks and doesn't want to play anything non-traditional.

In order of when I backed them:

Stuff that actually arrived:

Always/Never/Now (PDF, 1 year late)
Mobile Frame Zero (PDF, on time)
ndp microgames #2 (PDF and print, on time)
Parsec (PDF, 1 month early - I'm effectively unable to get this now because the download link they sent out was taken down, so when I lost my HDD I lost the only copy I had)
Full Moon (PDF, 1 month early)
Dog Eat Dog (PDF, on time)
Last Stand (PDF, 5 months late)
Dungeon World (PDF, on time)
Hillfolk (PDF 3 months late, print 6 months late)
Bohemia playing card deck (physical, on time)
One Shot (PDF, 2 months late)
Boss Monster (physical copy, 6 months late - they happily resent me a copy when the first one got lost in the mail)
The Skies Over Danbury (PDF, 1 month late)
Fate Core (PDF, everything delivered on or ahead of schedule)
Ehdrigohr (PDF, 4 months late)
Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide (PDF, 5 months late)
Futuristic Metal Coins (physical product, six months late)
The Spark RPG (PDF, on time)
Machine of Death (physical copy, five months late)
Inverse World (PDF, 6 months late)
The Agents (physical copy, 1 month late)

Stuff that hasn't arrived yet but that seems on track for an eventual release:

Dragon's Hoard (physical copy, ETD July 2013, 8 months late so far)
Eclipse Phase Fate Conversion Guide (PDF, ETD December 2013, 3 months late so far)
Pirate World (PDF, ETD February 2014, 1 month late so far)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 1, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Wasn't the Stab City guy a goon, or had a friend who was a goon?

I'm glad I backed out of that one. It looks abandoned.

That is Assumethisisreal, he ragequit years ago because TG goons were calling out bigots though so that probably won't help.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
I haven't gotten screwed yet, but there's a few that are making me nervous.

Imperial Crusade Armada - Got it, looks cool, haven't tried it.
Mobile Frame Zero - Got it, great little game.
The Sense of the Slight of Hand Man - Got it. Way late, but worth the wait.
Advance Encounters - Got it, was as expected.
Pennygems - Got them, and they're cool as hell.
Puzzle Strike 3rd + Shadows - Got in right on schedule, fun game.
Roll20 - Site's done, with regular improvements continuing. I'm happy.
Dungeon World - Got it, haven't tried it, have heard nothing but good stuff.
Deadlands Noir - Got it. Looks cool.
Durance - Got it, but didn't care for it.
Shadowfist - Got it, haven't gotten to try it.
Better Angels - Got it, Greg Stolz can do no wrong.
Resistance: Avalon - Got it, play the hell out of it.
Tenra Bansho Zero - Got it, looks interesting if nothing else.
Horror on the Orient Express - Way late, but supposedly in the final stretch. Not too worried.
Magicians - Got the book (it's pretty good!), but stretch goals are probably not going to happen.
Fate Core - Got it. Pretty much the blueprint for how to run a good campaign.
Dice rings - Got them, ended up buying more later on as presents for friends.
Cortex Plus Hackers Guide - Just got it. Decent product, but terribly run campaign.
Doppleganger - Still waiting, but supposedly they're trickling out. Not worried just yet.
Futuristic Metal Coins - Got mine, which is apparently a rare thing here.
Flash Point - Got everything, looks great.
Apotheosis Drive X - Dude's got 3 unfulfilled Kickstarters right now. I think this one's probably a loss.
Torchbearer - Got it, looks amazing.
Kingdom - Got it, looks cool.
Divine Instruments - Got it, was about what I was expecting.
2 Rooms and a Boom - On schedule for fulfillment.
Unwritten - On schedule for fulfillment.
Pandandte - On schedule.
Iron Edda, Timewatch, and Project Dark - Just finished funding, not too worried about any of them.

Christ that's a lot.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ettin posted:

That is Assumethisisreal, he ragequit years ago because TG goons were calling out bigots though so that probably won't help.
Iiiinteresting. I didn't know the context; I just remembered posts here about it. I got cold feet when it didn't seem like that great a game design, despite the neat trappings, and pulled my $10.

Well, he's still on Kickstarter enough to back projects, so I hope his backers get an update sooner or later.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
Euphora: Arrived early!
Arena Rex: Delayed but monthly progress reports show it's looking really, really good. cutting them some slack because it all looks great, and they also all became fathers this past year in addition to a successful campaign.
Warmachine: Tactics (Not in itself a TG KS, but there are models for the tabletop involved): I'm pretty sure it's on schedule, delivery is april, I believe.

Did anyone else pledge on Arena Rex? I went in pretty deep, myself, and have really been enjoying the game using their paper dolls/playtest rules. The rules are really fun, and the sculpts are gorgeous: http://www.arenarex.com/#!sculpt-gallery/c21zn

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

alchahest posted:

Euphora: Arrived early!
Arena Rex: Delayed but monthly progress reports show it's looking really, really good. cutting them some slack because it all looks great, and they also all became fathers this past year in addition to a successful campaign.
Warmachine: Tactics (Not in itself a TG KS, but there are models for the tabletop involved): I'm pretty sure it's on schedule, delivery is april, I believe.

Did anyone else pledge on Arena Rex? I went in pretty deep, myself, and have really been enjoying the game using their paper dolls/playtest rules. The rules are really fun, and the sculpts are gorgeous: http://www.arenarex.com/#!sculpt-gallery/c21zn

I went in on Arena Rex - I'm quite excited for when the models come out.

And while we're at it:

Received Kickstarters

Dreadball - No complaints. I thought there were issues with my wave 3 stuff but it turned out Mantic had informed me of the potential delay and the email was stuck in spam, so they resent it and all was well.
Manhattan Project Expansion - I like worker placement games, so does my gaming group. We've played it quite a bit.
Channel A - A good party game, it went down a storm at my gaming group's last big meetup.

Still Waiting

Nova Cry - A space-themed deck builder of some description, it looked pretty decent but it's been a year and a half now of excuses so I'm not getting my hopes up on it arriving.
Robotech - I backed this and didn't realise there would be issues owing to who was involved until after it was funded. All I know is at some point I'm getting a huge, huge box of robots.
Salamander Mech - 15mm "Totally not Zone of the Enders LEVs", a small kickstarter that finished a couple of days back that seems to be ready to get cracking on manufacturing this month.
Arena Rex - the rules look good, the models they've previewed look good. I can't wait.
Ryuutama

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Ropes4u posted:

While I was flying across the country Lagoon busted the $100,000 mark for 19mm wooden tokens. I see no reason this thing won't hit the $125,000 goal for a new tile.

I hope the game is as good as it will look.

There's pretty much no way it won't hit $125k at this point. $117k with 29 hours left and it gains hundreds per hour. I'm not sure what the Totem tile for that stretch goal is, but I imagine it'll be the last bonus added.

And the game is very good. I've played several rounds of the print-n-play version sans artwork and I'm already hooked. The 4-player teams game is fun and different, but I haven't tried the solo game yet.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

Shame, I've had a lot of fun with my copy. Did the rules not appeal or something?

Yeah what's the issue with Machine of Death, is it missing promised bits? I've opened mine but not had a chance to play it yet.

No, it seems fine, just the delay and moving on to other games. My group tends to just BS anyway while playing other strategy or card type games, so having everyone try to come up with witty, zany deaths while being timed and everything isn't really our style. Doesn't seem like a fun thing beyond a couple turns as a party game, really.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
In case anybody was waiting, Project Dark is wrapping up, and he's described most of the mechanics in the updates.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's not live yet, but it looks like Morrus (from ENWorld) is publishing two interrelated (badly-named, imo) rules- and crunch-heavy games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/1948088233?token=aedf5e9a

Doesn't look much like my cuppa these days, since I mostly prefer medium or light games, so I probably won't back it, but then again, who knows? It's in fake British squiggly money, though, and I'm not getting off my rear end to figure out what these prices correspond to.

As a note, pretty much everything ENWorld has done has gone long, though it all gets done eventually. Usually. I'm still waiting on a d20 from the Rebuilding ENWorld campaign, but got some stuff from it I didn't know I'd get. The Zeitgeist AP is over a year behind, but still chugging along. War of the Burning Sky and To Slay a Dragon went long, too.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

I can't believe this poo poo. This is a parody, it has to be.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So what are the chances that they thought of the name gimmick before any mechanics or anything else? Is it less than 100% because I'd be really surprised if it were.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Gau posted:

I can't believe this poo poo. This is a parody, it has to be.
Yeah, I don't know what the gently caress with the names, because really.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, I don't know what the gently caress with the names, because really.
Eh. Seems alright. Maybe it needs an over-arching meta name or something.

~ 120 USD for a couple of softcovers is pretty ridiculous though.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Which goons were missing coins? I got laid off, but have a job again so I can actually ship. In a week. When I get paid...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

dwarf74 posted:

It's not live yet, but it looks like Morrus (from ENWorld) is publishing two interrelated (badly-named, imo) rules- and crunch-heavy games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/1948088233?token=aedf5e9a

You know how when neongrey started this last February's design contest and people were like "I don't get it, what's a fantasy heartbeaker?"

It's this thing, right here. This is a fantasy (and sci-fi I guess) heartbreaker. The heartbrokenest.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

It's this thing, right here. This is a fantasy (and sci-fi I guess) heartbreaker. The heartbrokenest.
Good lord, it even has the "Base D&D stats except one or two are renamed" thing going on. That used to be Heartbreaker Warning Sign #1.

What's with the "Large Die Pools" thing at the bottom of the sheet?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Evil Mastermind posted:

What's with the "Large Die Pools" thing at the bottom of the sheet?

I assume that instead of rolling 20d6, you just roll 10d6 and add 35. Because math is hard but rolling tons of dice isn't stupid at all.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, dwarves aren't a race for OLD (ugh). They can be voted on, but man that is ballsy.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 2, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

7thBatallion posted:

Which goons were missing coins? I got laid off, but have a job again so I can actually ship. In a week. When I get paid...

T'was jivjov.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

Good lord, it even has the "Base D&D stats except one or two are renamed" thing going on. That used to be Heartbreaker Warning Sign #1.

No, Heartbreaker Warning Sign #1 is "Actually, in reality, I've been writing them in my head for over 20 years."

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
DECK OF LEGENDS (I saw there was some chatter)

There were issues with money estimates after the size of the deck increased and I hit a bit of a wall. I'm currently finishing up for another smaller project so that I can afford to get the decks printed. I'm hoping to have the decks out and shipped sometime in April. I already have the other reward material ordered and ready to go. Prints, buttons, packing material, and bookmarks, all set and ready to go.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Have yet to have a terrible Kickstarter experience, some have been late but it hasn't bothered me too much.

Boss Monster Received, along with the expansion.
Trifecta Received.
Dungeon Roll Received.
Speculation Received.
Coup, Resistance, and Resistance Avalon Received.
Euphoria Received.
Keyflower: Key Celeste Mini Expansion Received.
King's Forge On time, with regular updates.
Get Lucky, the Kill Doctor Lucky Card Game On time, with semi-regular updates.
Dungeon Roll: Winter Promo Pack Late.
Two Rooms and a BOOM! On time with regular updates.
Pandante On time, not many updates though.
Draco Magi Recently ended.
Nika Recently ended.
This Town Aint Big Enough for the 2-4 of Us! Recently ended.
Lagoon Still going.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Has anyone backed or played Arcadia Quest? I'm not really a mini person but...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-quest

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I backed it since I like the idea of a co-op raid-style game, but I'm having second thoughts. Some of the figures look loving weird and ugly compared to the SDE ones, and I'm not sure if they're even the same scale. And is there any planned synergy with SDE? It is unclear.

I do like that there is only one tier though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Ropes4u posted:

Has anyone backed or played Arcadia Quest? I'm not really a mini person but...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-quest

The game didn't really grab me the first couple of times I looked at it, but for some reason on the 3rd skimming I became more interested. But it costs too much for me. :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

moths posted:

I backed it since I like the idea of a co-op raid-style game, but I'm having second thoughts. Some of the figures look loving weird and ugly compared to the SDE ones, and I'm not sure if they're even the same scale. And is there any planned synergy with SDE? It is unclear.

Apparently this is a stab by CMON at Soda Pop over their dissolved business relationship, so I'd say the only synergy intended is "we plan to steal all your potential customers with our own version of the game before you put SDE: Forgotten King up on KS for funding" which has apparently now been rushed forward to start before the Arcadia Quest one ends.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 2, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Lagoon just reached the 125k mark (more than 6 times what they were asking for), unlocking another tile that introduces totem sites. No idea what they do yet, but people are guessing that they're neutral sites since otherwise they'd unbalance the game.

I think this'll be the final "heavy" stretch goal. Anything extra will probably be wallpapers and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Has anyone here played Lagoon by chance?

• Locked thread