Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
That seems backwards because playing against better players means it is more likely that you will die to a headshot making the armor a waste of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Ugh, totally wrote that backwards. Yeah, what astroman said.

My posting is as bad as my CS, yo

Bad opponents? Buy armor
Good opponents? Better off with nades/1 kit

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

My posting is as bad as my CS, yo

Is that even possible?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

down with slavery posted:

Is that even possible?

You are literally a silver 1 at posting.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Twerk from Home posted:

Whoops, I meant first round, pistol round. I know that a bunch of nades or maybe a defuse kit is the pro way to go, but I feel that pistol round armor saves my bacon frequently because of aimpunch.

Ah fair enough, but even still, not necessarily. Different people employ different things, you should buy on pistol round to suit your strengths. If you feel like you can't get the first shot off and wanna protect against aimpunch, go with armor. If your team is going to be rushing an area that might get nade stacked, buy armor. If you want to play a more backup/complimentary role, buy a set of nades. It really does depend, and there isn't a "wrong" answer for pistol round. Some people have even gone back to buying pistols on pistol round.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coleman posted:

Ah fair enough, but even still, not necessarily. Different people employ different things, you should buy on pistol round to suit your strengths. If you feel like you can't get the first shot off and wanna protect against aimpunch, go with armor. If your team is going to be rushing an area that might get nade stacked, by armor. If you want to play a more backup/complimentary role, buy a set of nades. It really does depend, and there isn't a "wrong" answer for pistol round. Some people have even gone back to buying pistols on pistol round.

I've been seeing more Tec-9s, Fat Lou is some sort of prophet.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Twerk from Home posted:

I've been seeing more Tec-9s, Fat Lou is some sort of prophet.

The CZ has also made it somewhat of a viable strategy to buy a pistol on pistol round too. Since you can stop a pistol round rush pretty easily if you're in the right spot.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
I buy a 5-7 on CT or a CZ on T if I think the other team is probably worse than mine, just going by warmup. But that's because they're the only pistols I can actually shoot worth a drat. I've just completely given up on the p250; it just doesn't work at all with my aiming/running/firing patterns I guess.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It has come to my attention that people on the sourcemod forums are actually trying to use goonpug and now they won't stop emailing/steam messaging me about it being broken so I guess I will maybe start actively developing/fixing it again.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Coleman posted:

The CZ has also made it somewhat of a viable strategy to buy a pistol on pistol round too. Since you can stop a pistol round rush pretty easily if you're in the right spot.

The CZ is complete trash come on lets get real. 24 bullets? In an automatic weapon? With worse accuracy than the tec 9? It's like a big plays preventer.

It would be one thing if the P250 didn't exist, but if you've equipped the CZ for anything other than comedy you've made a grave mistake.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If I'm playing as T and am in a situation where I may get a very early kill, I'll save my $800 and then buy a first round mac10. I feel it's worth it for the 1 in 100 times it actually works out.

The CZ is complete trash come on lets get real. 24 bullets? In an automatic weapon? With worse accuracy than the tec 9? It's like a big plays preventer.

Nah man, you can get a triple and then swap for one of the guns on the ground. You big dummy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

astr0man posted:

It has come to my attention that people on the sourcemod forums are actually trying to use goonpug and now they won't stop emailing/steam messaging me about it being broken so I guess I will maybe start actively developing/fixing it again.

Is the Github issue tracker the most up to date bug tracking on it? I've been wanting to learn a bit about sourcemod and might be able to help you fix your poo poo.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Any bugs on the github issue tracker are probably still bugs but it isn't really up to date and there are other outstanding issues that I need to fix that aren't on github. The biggest thing right now is that I need to write my own curl extension for SM because the existing one is a piece of poo poo and was written by someone that doesn't understand threading.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

It would be one thing if the P250 didn't exist, but if you've equipped the CZ for anything other than comedy you've made a grave mistake.

Yo, I haven't played since the CZ was introduced because I don't have a PC but I have seen some huge plays with it in pro games. It was getting bought more often than any other pistol, even.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Would be interesting to see what would happen in the first 3 rounds if they gave a buy option for just a helmet with no armor.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
People spending hours in deathmatch practicing glocking people in the foot

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Is there anyway to make it so cs go doesn't lag when I am not focused on the game? I have two monitors and I play in fullscreen windowed mode. However when I start using a different screen the screen wtih cs go on it lags a lot, it cuts down a ton of fps. I know dota used to do this but there was a command to fix it, and that command doesn't appear to exist in cs go.

Again, just curious if anyone knows anything regarding this.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Again, just curious if anyone knows anything regarding this.

Try -high in launch options

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Theresa Frontpage posted:

People spending hours in deathmatch practicing glocking people in the foot

:eng101: aside from headshots, you do the most damage with stomach shots (with or without armor). This is also the reason that a scout is a 1hk in the stomach (but not the chest) against an unarmored opponent

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

astr0man posted:

:eng101: aside from headshots, you do the most damage with stomach shots (with or without armor). This is also the reason that a scout is a 1hk in the stomach (but not the chest) against an unarmored opponent

Scouting just got a while lot cooler

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

astr0man posted:

:psyduck: Why?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I think originally the idea was that for armored targets a stomach shot should do more damage, since the kevlar vest will only cover your chest. However, when it was actually implemented in the game the code they took the lazy way of making the stomach shots always do more damage regardless of the player's armor.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

No biological reason, that's for sure. Maybe because body armour only covers upper torso...? Even if some models don't even have any.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Also, oops I just gave away the secret to being a scoutzknivez master

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bullets hurt.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

I've seen people up to double AK still buying body armor on 2nd round instead of a bunch of grenades, and it doesn't seem that bad an option. It probably would be less valuable if aimpunch weren't a thing, but with pistols people tend to get hit in the chest / shoulder area at medium long range even with good players.

When I say "that level of play", I mean actual pro teams, I even see pugstars on ESEA buying armor on the pistol round. I do it, too, because unless you're playing with some really good players you'll probably be glad you can take an extra few rounds to the body on pistol rounds.

OwnedByNiko
Jan 15, 2014
Good half.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

Whoops, I meant first round, pistol round. I know that a bunch of nades or maybe a defuse kit is the pro way to go, but I feel that pistol round armor saves my bacon frequently because of aimpunch.

CT side first round your objective is to survive and wait for your team not to trade kills. That's why you take a few shots, fall back and delay with flashes, take a few quick shots and wait for back up. You're going to get out shot 9/10 times at any level above silver. There are members of TEAMs that may buy body armor but they know exactly what their team mate is doing with their flashes/nades and they would peek first more aggressively. For unorganized MMs/Pugs just buy your nades.

Cute n Popular fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 3, 2014

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Karbon posted:

God, gently caress soloqueue. That is all - that is all the content that I wanted to share :(

I know man. It reaffirms the belief that most players are utterly terrible people. You go on thinking it might be an unfair stereotype, then you play with the general public and the game just beats you down for trying.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

astr0man posted:

oh, neat! i was wondering why i sometimes got 1hit kills with the scout without an assist.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

CS ribcages are also made of kevlar.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Oh you think so huh?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

http://youtu.be/oWUgTNYK7Tk

J
Jun 10, 2001

astr0man posted:

Was this true in any other iteration of CS or is it a CS:GO only thing?

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
The CZ has its place and is worth a buy at times. sometimes I wish I had the p250, others id rather have the CZ. All depends on what I feel like doing really.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

J posted:

Always been like that.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

J posted:

It's always been like that re: gutshot vs chest damage, but the scout was never a 1hk gutshot until csgo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

It's better for CT side because the P250 is hot garbage compared to the Five-Seven. T side, however, I agree with you. Shame I can't replace the Tec-9 with the CZ.

They've done a good job with balancing the alternate guns, though. You have to really think about your choices for a weapon slot.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Didn't you have a big CZ play on cache last night as well? Prob cheating make a gif about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Didn't you have a big CZ play on cache last night as well?

This says otherwise: http://puu.sh/7hXJk.png

• Locked thread