Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

so I decided to do an AEPodcast listen/watch with all the attitude era PPVs, and man, I did not know that the Rhodes Bros. theme was not the worst remix of Goldust's music. that Luna remix is awful.

Also I forgot how bad the DX entrance was back in the day with the random cuts to their entrance video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Michael Corleone posted:

This is really stupid and I don't know how that can't fix the issue in a week, though I know nothing about running websites/apps. They should have been able to run a simple fix last week to let anyone watch it since it was a FREE trial anyway to give them time to work out the un/pw issue.

I just don't understand what is causing the problem with the login screen. Streams crashing under stress and more widely-dispersed demand than anticipated creating issues makes sense to me, this does not.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Watching Royal Rumble 98 yesterday was especially painful what with Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk) starting at 1 and 2 and having an unprotected chairshots contest for awhile.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

WeaponX posted:

I just don't understand what is causing the problem with the login screen. Streams crashing under stress and more widely-dispersed demand than anticipated creating issues makes sense to me, this does not.
I wonder if there's a problem on Microsoft's end. Maybe they need to push through an update to the app and it's hung up in the labyrinthine MS approval process. I think that's happened to games before, but I'm not sure if the same thing could happen with an app.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
There's really no such thing as getting something that isn't MS' own poo poo through an update fast. They may have even sent it in Friday, and it wouldn't be out yet.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plus I know a number of indie game developers have stated that title updates cost a significant amount of money. Nothing the dubba dubbayee couldn't handle, and I'm not even sure it applies to apps, but at least with games you can't just update something without jumping through some dumb hoops.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Didn't know about MS being so difficult in that regard. That helps explains things a bit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WeaponX posted:

Didn't know about MS being so difficult in that regard. That helps explains things a bit.

Here's an example of how bad MS are at online stuff for the 360. There's a game called Pinball Arcade that came out last year, which is a virtual pinball game with a bunch of DLC. They release the DLC as seasons, and are currently on Season 3. Except on 360, where they are still not even done with Season 1. This is because the studio that published the game, Crave, went out of business. On other platforms this was no issue, as the developers just went to a self publishing model. But on 360 you HAVE to have a publisher that is on their approved list to put ANYTHING out, even DLC for a game that has already been released. They are ridiculous, backwards, outdated, and despite the Xbone being a much more open platform on this level, have not gone back and altered how things are done on the 360 to reflect that change. If the WWE app is still hosed on 360, the safe money is it being on Microsoft's head.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

I've had no problem with the live stream, but I couldn't get VOD to work properly using Unblock-Us(it was working before,) but when I switched back to Unlocator it started working again.

I can't wait for this to launch in Canada officially.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
According to Alvarez, up until at least Wrestlemania, WWE Main Event will air LIVE on the Network.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On Observer Live Alvarez was talking about a WWE person was telling him about how, if you were going to be having a Wrestlemania party or somesuch, you'd be better off ordering it from the PPV providers rather than the network.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sweeney Tom posted:

On Observer Live Alvarez was talking about a WWE person was telling him about how, if you were going to be having a Wrestlemania party or somesuch, you'd be better off ordering it from the PPV providers rather than the network.
With how jerky and glitchy NXT ArRival was, I'd be inclined to agree.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I'm going to be livid if the first time I pay for Mania since 1993 I can't even watch it. Really don't think a weekly live Main Event is gonna work out the live streaming kinks. I still question why they didn't have EC as the first live PPV on the Network.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

with my time warner cable poo poo still regularly glitches out. the screen will freeze, it will go black, and i'll only get audio. or sometimes when i'm in the guide and i switch to a channel it will freeze and i have to unplug the box and wait five minutes while it resets. i've had it happen during ppvs and actually missed finishes to matches because of it and it happens almost every time i watch tv. all this and i cant even get a ppv in hd with my current service, even if i wanted to pay extra -- so i don't mind minor glitches. of course, the feed going down so i miss the main event is more than a minor glitch...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I had some stupid loving glitch with Summerslam last year where the basement box wouldn't play the PPV unless the living room box was too.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
What is everyone's favourite non-mania MITB match? I'm wanna watch it RIGHT NOW.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
If the main event cards are good and pre promoted enough they should get decent viewership. Advertise Bryan/Cesaro and Cena/Reigns and you got a few hundred thousand viewers and some buzz for the next weeks show and you can get 2 or 3 real good matches going for that one and test out the system again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DannoMack posted:

What is everyone's favourite non-mania MITB match? I'm wanna watch it RIGHT NOW.

the WWE title one from 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The American Dream posted:

If the main event cards are good and pre promoted enough they should get decent viewership. Advertise Bryan/Cesaro and Cena/Reigns and you got a few hundred thousand viewers and some buzz for the next weeks show and you can get 2 or 3 real good matches going for that one and test out the system again.

Cena/Reigns on Main Event? Are you high? Haha, no way.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yikes was Fall Brawl 93 hard to get through. Pretty boring show. Team Sting looked like chumps winning the wargames match and Rude vs Flair was at best "meh."

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Deadpool posted:

Cena/Reigns on Main Event? Are you high? Haha, no way.

they go for 10 minutes, match ends with the Wyatts and Shield coming out and loving things up. Boom, there's some buzz for main event next week and furthers the storyline. Plus a few hundred thousand people tune in for for the potential based on the names (Not me, I'll be watching basketball at a bar), but I would if I were home.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Boy, I'm glad that WWE met their own deadline to fix the Xbox app.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I would expect them to offer 360 owners an extra week trial or something when its fixed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

heel turn posted:

I would think you'd be used to unsatisfying payoffs from this company by now but oh well

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Supreme Allah posted:

I would expect them to offer 360 owners an extra week trial or something when its fixed.

I doubt it, most people who own a 360 probably also have a PC nearby. WWE's logic will probably be that it's a minor inconvenience, not a massive roadblock.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

heel turn posted:

Swerve?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Looks like they made a fool out of me. The Xbox app is working now.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Yep. 360 App works now.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
360 looks to be working pretty good and the quality is great. A few WWF/E and all WCW and ECW PPVs are missing but this app has only been live a few hours so
I'm sure that will all be added in time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Minidust posted:

It's been fun trying to figure out which masters they're using for a given show based on the edits. Survivor Series '95 appears to be from the DVD Anthology collections, since "WWF" is muted out. In Your House from the next month has "WWF" left in, but I still noticed Hillbilly Jim's theme being dubbed over. I was thinking this could be from the initial VHS release (they had the "Phone Number no longer active" disclaimers for all the hotline stuff, in a very 1990s font), but were they dubbing over Jimmy Hart themes that far back?

Some random ECW episode I watched on the network had Joey Styles going on about the BIG SHOW THIS MAY 14TH AT THE ECW ARENA and you could see the phone number for ordering tickets on a monitor in the background, followed by an obvious edit where the details on how to buy tickets would have gone, straight into a match. I think it'd be cooler and more ~immersive~ if they left that kind of stuff in with the phone numbers and addresses removed.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 4, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unfortunately, my WWE Network on Xbox 360 has constantly just loaded up to the login screen and won't let me do anything. It's just frozen where the only button that works is the one that sends me back to the dashboard. The update didn't fix it at all.

That really sucks :( Anyone have any suggestions?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Unfortunately, my WWE Network on Xbox 360 has constantly just loaded up to the login screen and won't let me do anything. It's just frozen where the only button that works is the one that sends me back to the dashboard. The update didn't fix it at all.

That really sucks :( Anyone have any suggestions?

Delete the app and redownload it?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tried it. No go. I've had zero problems with my 360 other than this.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I think it's just you Gavok, it's working on my 360 Right now.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Watching WM 14 - forgot how much Taka's music owned.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
Xbox app is working for me as well on the east coast. Didn't have to redownload, don't have wcw ppvs, but I haven't tried searching either

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Looks like my problem isn't so much the WWE Network app, but all apps in general. I tried downloading the YouTube one out of curiosity that one has the same problem. It gets to the first screen and none of the buttons on my controller work except for the Dashboard one.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Xbox 360 app doesn't have search, only WWE PPVs, and the live stream seemed to just stop working after a few minutes.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
The raw where Vince buys WCW is up on tomorrow's schedule, but it plays now. It's unlisted. a few mins in, and EVERYONE brought signs to these shows. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Oh good god it works, it finally works!