Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Jim DiGriz posted:

Movie posters from Hungary from the 80's, often created with a rather unique approach to the source material.

These would make some awesome book covers, I'll say that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Strange Matter posted:

Haha some of the choices for those interviews are kind of hilarious, especially Ryan North because in a sense Dinosaur Comics is basically the polar opposite of Calvin and Hobbes.

I'm rather surprised that Kate Beaton is included, surprised and pleased.

Apparently Anthony Clark of Nedroid is also involved! He expressed concern that his interview would make him look stupid.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

41: The movies that would not, could not die, Sam-I-Am

The writing bleeding through from the back of the poster reads:
Double Feature
Vixen
Super Vixon.

Apparently written by someone without the ability to correctly spell 'vixen' twice in a row.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ShufflerZero posted:

The writing bleeding through from the back of the poster reads:
Double Feature
Vixen
Super Vixon.

Apparently written by someone without the ability to correctly spell 'vixen' twice in a row.

They were however a fan of Russ Meyer movies, or at least showed them.

I'm guessing this poster came from a grindhouse theater who didn't have those posters or couldn't display them because of all the bodacious boobs on them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Three different men who won't die but never a woman who won't die :argh:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Three different men who won't die but never a woman who won't die :argh:

The brain was a lady brain, I think.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So the latest Captain America: The Winter Soldier poster. Ehhhhhh. Chris Evans looks more like someone who's realised they might have left the stove running, rather than someone in the middle of an intense fight.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

So the latest Captain America: The Winter Soldier poster. Ehhhhhh. Chris Evans looks more like someone who's realised they might have left the stove running, rather than someone in the middle of an intense fight.

He looks like he's running away from the fighting and explosions behind him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Corek posted:

He looks like he's running away from the fighting and explosions behind him.

This time the letter on his forehead DOES stand for France.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Finally bought this Side Effects poster I've had my eye on for a while:

But I think I might like this one almost as much:

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
You made the better choice.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Yeah, the font choices in that second one should have strayed from 'default'.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Vagabundo posted:

Evans' head is not that potatoey, is it?

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Vagabundo posted:

My first thought upon seeing this thumbnailed was basically "Nathan Fillion is in this movie?" Even after looking at the full-sized image, I still can't unsee the resemblance.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

He doesn't really resemble Fillion, he's just doing the only facial expression Fillion has.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Radio Paranoia posted:

Evans' head is not that potatoey, is it?

Hawkeye and Captain America enter the teleporter together and something goes horribly wrong.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Hawkeye and Captain America enter the teleporter together and something goes horribly wrong.

Captain Eye and Americ-Hawk! (Don't say that last one too fast in polite company).

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
There's something in that expression that sort of suggests he has the Rage of the Cage in him.

morestuff posted:

But I think I might like this one almost as much:

Ugh, yes, you definitely made the better choice. I hate that one, it looks like it was fan made. I mean..the slightly blurry drop shadowytastic border, the random cream colour, the sketchy bleedy cross with the badly drawn bad anatomy face in it (look at her nostril, just look at it!), god, it's just awful. I can't articulate how awful it is. If it looks like I could design a better poster (and I have absolutely no sense of design), I wouldn't get it.

Also, speaking of awful, how actually is Side Effects? I'm beginning to develop an aversion to Soderbergh, and the fact that Side Effects apparently has a pointlessly stereotypical Evil Lesbian subplot in it doesn't exactly do anything other than completely turn me off the movie. I guess I could watch it on Netflix and find out for myself, but while it won't cost me in money, it'll cost me in time.

Infamous Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 4, 2014

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Infamous Sphere posted:

Also, speaking of awful, how actually is Side Effects? I'm beginning to develop an aversion to Soderbergh, and the fact that Side Effects apparently has a pointlessly stereotypical something something subplot in it doesn't exactly do anything other than completely turn me off the movie. I guess I could watch it on Netflix and find out for myself, but while it won't cost me in money, it'll cost me in time.

It probably won't change your mind about Soderbergh; it's of a piece with his recent stuff. I enjoyed it, though, and especially think the twist you mentioned is more complex than people give it credit for.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 3, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Just picked up my RoboCop IMAX poster, Jesus Christ it's huge, I should post a pic when I get home

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slim Killington posted:

Just picked up my RoboCop IMAX poster, Jesus Christ it's huge, I should post a pic when I get home
Yeah I wanna see it!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

That thing you mentioned is like an end of movie plot thing so you might want to spoiler tag it.

And I agree with morestuff, I don't think the movie will change your mind if you're expecting to hate it, but I also think it's a movie people really over simplify when they complain about it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah I wanna see it!

I did not notice this at all about it when I saw it online, but he's holding the gun from the original RoboCop.

edit:

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 3, 2014

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Side Effects is the best Brian De Palma film in like 30 years.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Mister Chief posted:

Side Effects is the best Brian De Palma film in like 30 years.

This post confuses me a lot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait for this movie :allears:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Slim Killington posted:

I did not notice this at all about it when I saw it online, but he's holding the gun from the original RoboCop.

edit:

And it mentions the four OCP directives, which are in no way a thing in the remake.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

rawillkill posted:

This post confuses me a lot

Why? It's very similar to a lot of his earlier erotic thrillers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

Why? It's very similar to a lot of his earlier erotic thrillers.

I can definitely see that.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Infamous Sphere posted:

Also, speaking of awful, how actually is Side Effects? I'm beginning to develop an aversion to Soderbergh, and the fact that Side Effects apparently has a pointlessly stereotypical Evil Lesbian subplot in it doesn't exactly do anything other than completely turn me off the movie. I guess I could watch it on Netflix and find out for myself, but while it won't cost me in money, it'll cost me in time.

I saw it on a plane because my cousin has a bit part in it. I figured I'd watch until his scene and then switch to something else. But I ended up watching and enjoying the whole thing. Throughout watching it, I had this constant sense of unease, but I think that was the point.

In general I am mixed about Soderbergh. Ocean's 11 is one of my favorite movies, but a lot of his other stuff just does not do it for me.

I say give it a try and if you turn it off half-way, so be it

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah I wanna see it!

I'm behind it, I can't even hold it at full height.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

You watch Walking Dead? Ew.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Sweet poster though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slim Killington posted:

I'm behind it, I can't even hold it at full height.
Jesus Christ, where are you going to hang it?!

Looks awesome though :D

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Tomero_the_Great posted:

You watch Walking Dead? Ew.

My wife, the one who took the picture, is watching it. I asked, she won't let me put it above the bed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I didn't even like the new Robocop, but goddamn, I would love to have that poster in my house and waking up and seeing that every day would bring a smile to my face.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 4, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I am weeping inside at imagining the cost of putting into a frame. Also it's heavyweight plastic because it belongs in a lightbox, so it weighs probably two pounds.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't wait for this movie :allears:

Who's Marky Mark going to shoot with that sword?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Palmersaurus posted:

Who's Marky Mark going to shoot with that sword?

A bad robot I would assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

axleblaze posted:

A bad robot I would assume.

But I want them to make another Star Trek movie?