Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Gorbash posted:

"The Show Must Go On", in collaboration with Queen?

Naaah that's not it. drat, got all excited there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
http://mtfuji.tumblr.com/
What song is playing? I tried Shazaming and it won't recognize, I tried looking at the source code of the site and I all got was mp3=https%3A//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/112934939/%25E3%2581%258D%25E3%2581%25AE%25E3%2581%2593%25E5%25B8%259D%25E5%259B%25BD%2520-%2520FLOWER%2520GIRL.mp3&

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

snucks posted:

%25E3%2581%258D%25E3%2581%25AE%25E3%2581%2593%25E5%25B8%259D%25E5%259B%25BD%2520-%2520FLOWER%2520GIRL

That decodes to "きのこ帝国 - FLOWER GIRL", if it helps

Fierce Brosnan fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 22, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I'm looking for a 60's or 70's rock album that has a ship on the cover.

To answer an above poster:

Fierce Brosnan posted:

That decodes to "きのこ帝国 - FLOWER GIRL", if it helps

In Romanji that is Kinoko Teikoku - FLOWER GIRL.

I found what you are looking for!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 22, 2014

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

Teamwork! :hfive:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

:hfive:

But you did the harder part of the work, I think.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

Cyril Sneer posted:

I heard this weird song in a coffee shop earlier today, sung by what sure sounded like the Pet Shop Boys (well, Neil Tennant I suppose) except it was not electro at all. It may have been an accoustic version (I don't really follow PSB so I'm not sure how much they do this) of one of their songs? It was kind of slow and ballad-y. The only lyrics I could pick up were something like "turning turning, something something dead museum"

Dead Museum by Alan Silva, maybe?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I'll probably hold the record for least accurate description ever but here goes.

I'm thinking of a song with a female yellsinging pretty fast. Stabbing Westward's Save Yourself always reminds me of the song, so much so that I always think it is the song or a different version or something. I'm terrible with music, someone help me out here. It was popular enough to get radio play.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Bashez posted:

I'll probably hold the record for least accurate description ever but here goes.

I'm thinking of a song with a female yellsinging pretty fast. Stabbing Westward's Save Yourself always reminds me of the song, so much so that I always think it is the song or a different version or something. I'm terrible with music, someone help me out here. It was popular enough to get radio play.

Around what year was it out? I'll take a random guess at Skunk Anansie maybe?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Steve Holt! posted:

Around what year was it out? I'll take a random guess at Skunk Anansie maybe?

No idea really. I'm getting to the point where things I think happened 3 years ago turned out to be 7. I'd imagine late 90's or early 2000s though. It's way harder than Skun Anansie. I think it might be a guy actually singing and a woman yelling the chorus.

I'm sorry for being absolutely poo poo at describing this, I wish I had actually paid attention to music instead of trying to put together all these bands in adulthood.

Edit: My guess is that the song is a pretty big hit/by someone pretty popular and I just have no clue. I wish I could remember any words.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 23, 2014

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Anybody know the background song in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhMlqZiW7Q

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

SkunkDuster posted:

Anybody know the background song in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhMlqZiW7Q

It's Henry Mancini's Baby Elephant Walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKDb99JYeM

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is probably a huge long shot, but I'll try anyway.

I heard a song in Cuba multiple times, male singer with multiple singers for the chorus. The notes for the chorus were almost exactly the same as 0:25-0:35 of this version of the Maori song Pokareare Ana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANPs-YjFdk

I hope someone has some sort of idea what it might be. I really liked it.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

This is probably a huge long shot, but I'll try anyway.

I heard a song in Cuba multiple times, male singer with multiple singers for the chorus. The notes for the chorus were almost exactly the same as 0:25-0:35 of this version of the Maori song Pokareare Ana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANPs-YjFdk

I hope someone has some sort of idea what it might be. I really liked it.

Sounds a bit like Barry Adamson's "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Pelvis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKMqKLzE4

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bashez posted:

No idea really. I'm getting to the point where things I think happened 3 years ago turned out to be 7. I'd imagine late 90's or early 2000s though. It's way harder than Skun Anansie. I think it might be a guy actually singing and a woman yelling the chorus.

I'm sorry for being absolutely poo poo at describing this, I wish I had actually paid attention to music instead of trying to put together all these bands in adulthood.

Edit: My guess is that the song is a pretty big hit/by someone pretty popular and I just have no clue. I wish I could remember any words.

Any chance it was "Open your eyes" by the Guano Apes? That one got some radio play and MTV play.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Any chance it was "Open your eyes" by the Guano Apes? That one got some radio play and MTV play.

It's more yelling than this. I have 0 faith it will be found. I'm going to be pissed when I come to find it's Linkin Park or something stupid. It's pretty fast, which is probably why I can't remember any words. Unfortunately I can be given 0 credit for common sense when it comes to music so I think a lot of people are going to pass it up thinking "oh there's no way he wouldn't know this."

Bashez fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 25, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sir Nose posted:

Sounds a bit like Barry Adamson's "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Pelvis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKMqKLzE4

That was actually pretty cool, but not it. But hilariously I just found it on a Trip Advisor forum. Of all the people it could have been, it was March Anthony :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXnjy5YlDwk

I was hoping it was by someone who was actually from Cuba. Oh well, I still kind of like it because now it triggers fond memories.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Bashez posted:

It's more yelling than this. I have 0 faith it will be found. I'm going to be pissed when I come to find it's Linkin Park or something stupid. It's pretty fast, which is probably why I can't remember any words. Unfortunately I can be given 0 credit for common sense when it comes to music so I think a lot of people are going to pass it up thinking "oh there's no way he wouldn't know this."

Violet by Hole?

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
Does any one know what this first song is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRvuH5m8Yj0

Thank you. :)

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
There is an amazing metal video that starts with a kid riding his bike from school to his home, lamenting the lack of metal. In his bedroom, the band materializes from his pile of laundry, bed, closet, etc... and it's amazing. Please tell me who did this video!

king of goat
Feb 8, 2014
I'm trying to find a French music video that I remember seeing on Vimeo a while ago. It was animated, and it had a girl in a red dress marching through a city, and I think there were all these faceless guys that materialize and march alongside her, or something like that. My memory is pretty bad.

The song itself was a pretty typical rock song with a male singer, but I can't remember any details about it that would help.

nacirema
Nov 18, 2008
I have this verse stuck in my head, but my google-fu isn't turning anything up. It is an old negro folk/blues song from the American South sung and hummed by an woman a man.

Part of the verse that I remember:

I'll see king jesus,
I'll see king jesus
When I get home

nacirema fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 25, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bashez posted:

"Young Crazed Peeling" by the Distillers?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

jeff8472 posted:

Violet by Hole?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"Young Crazed Peeling" by the Distillers?

No. Even with my absolutely terrible probably inaccurate description I actually expected this to be found pretty quickly. I'm just going to assume I made the whole thing up.

Edit: I've thought about ways my description could be bad and it's fully possible it's not even a female singer. The voice to me is pretty feminine but it wouldn't be the first time I've made that mistake. I'm just going to assume I will never know what this is. Such a weird fragmented memory with no ties to anything.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 26, 2014

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

Bashez posted:

I'm just going to assume I made the whole thing up.
When I think of shouty-lady late-nineties industrial, I think of Snake River Conspiracy

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Fierce Brosnan posted:

When I think of shouty-lady late-nineties industrial, I think of Snake River Conspiracy

Her voice actually is close to what I'm remembering (I hesitate to say it's close to reality though), what I remember is kind of a rap crossover, it's definitely a lot faster. I feel like such an rear end in a top hat for giving out lovely hints on a stupid scavenger hunt and I don't even know where the stuff is.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bashez posted:

Her voice actually is close to what I'm remembering (I hesitate to say it's close to reality though), what I remember is kind of a rap crossover, it's definitely a lot faster. I feel like such an rear end in a top hat for giving out lovely hints on a stupid scavenger hunt and I don't even know where the stuff is.

Something KMFDM-shaped, then, as fast things go?

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Oh, man, I've not thought of them in years. Saw them open for A Perfect Circle.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008
NOT WORK SAFE:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1abp1r_sunny-leone-s-xxx-video-vines_shortfilms

I would like to know the song if anyone knows it. It is only like a 17 second video of non nude pictures but the name suggests otherwise. If I could know the song and also maybe the TYPE of music that is? Because I'm intrigued. Thanks!

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Bashez posted:

So long as we're throwing out random girl-metal bands from yesteryear, I'll suggest Flyleaf ("So Sick" isn't fast but is screamy) and Evanescence ("Bring Me to Life" isn't screamy but does have a fast rap thing in the middle).

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

Accretionist posted:

A few years ago on an indie station, I heard a dude singing over a guitar and a violin. Refrain included a something like " Helped me become the man I was meant to be ".

In case it's relevant, this was on a station up by Boston. And the violin owned.

edit: I should point out it was like an acoustic indie rock deal and I think there was a drummer involved

This was so long ago but maybe Damien Rice? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZduDvIBu3EU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Wyatt posted:

So long as we're throwing out random girl-metal bands from yesteryear, I'll suggest Flyleaf ("So Sick" isn't fast but is screamy) and Evanescence ("Bring Me to Life" isn't screamy but does have a fast rap thing in the middle).

I spent a lot of time sure it was flyleaf but it's not. Or at least not a song I found. Thanks for the help so far.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Bashez posted:

I spent a lot of time sure it was flyleaf but it's not. Or at least not a song I found. Thanks for the help so far.

Something by F-Minus maybe? Though that'd be more punk than metal.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Bashez posted:

Just to keep throwing out some female fronted metal how about some My Ruin, Jack Off Jill or Kittie?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
While we're orbiting metal bands with female singers, I swear I saw a song on mtv once called "Defenestration" that was basically some woman screaming over guitars. Obviously I can't find it at all because googling "defenestration" brings back the band with that name and someone has helpfully released a "defenestration song" so I can't google that either. Anyone know what the band was called?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

While we're orbiting metal bands with female singers, I swear I saw a song on mtv once called "Defenestration" that was basically some woman screaming over guitars. Obviously I can't find it at all because googling "defenestration" brings back the band with that name and someone has helpfully released a "defenestration song" so I can't google that either. Anyone know what the band was called?

One of thes, maybe? http://www.allmusic.com/search/songs/defenestration

corticalstim
Jan 9, 2005
I saw a music video on YouTube recently. It featured a woman with long braids, or possibly dreads, of a dark black skin tone who was engaging in some sort of ritualistic dance, which was very voodoo-like. She dug a grave and unearthed the lid of a coffin, and then proceeded to use a knife to cut her hands and spill blood on it. At the end of the video she was being taken away by men, when some sort of figure rose from the grave in a leap, which ends the video.

The song itself was was upbeat, with female vocals in a very high register. I cannot remember very much else about it, other than I saw it earlier this week at a friend's house, where I found it listed in the popular songs playlist of his smart TV's YouTube application. I would really appreciate it if someone knew what I was talking about, I really like the song, and keep having it come into my head. I have no clue about lyrics.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Two songs
first what is the song that plays at about 1:56 (it's the clip right before the dress fire.)

Second is another one of a long list of songs that don't seem to exist outside of the muzak at the store where I work. It's a man singing and the chorus goes something like this:
And she says hey hey hey
what you gonna say
it's always better when you're around
and I said ho ho ho
all I really know is
everybody wants to bring me down.

Song is fairly upbeat but doesn't show up on Soundhound or Shazaam.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

Elohssa Gib posted:

Two songs
first what is the song that plays at about 1:56 (it's the clip right before the dress fire.)

Second is another one of a long list of songs that don't seem to exist outside of the muzak at the store where I work. It's a man singing and the chorus goes something like this:
And she says hey hey hey
what you gonna say
it's always better when you're around
and I said ho ho ho
all I really know is
everybody wants to bring me down.

Song is fairly upbeat but doesn't show up on Soundhound or Shazaam.

I believe the 1:56 is a famous classical song with a bit of a beat to it. Unfortunately I cannot get the whole thing. But I know it from a Street Fighter Collab clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ASJacW9ogw
Blanka is listening to it around 40 second marker. So it someone knows that then that would be your first one.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Elohssa Gib posted:

Two songs

Sounds somewhat like the Overture to the Barber Of Seville by Rossini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
It seems to me that this quite a recent song... but it may be from the early 2000s as well.

It's sung by a really small girl (wearing black with colorful hair I think) and the music video is a continuous video shoot at what seems to be the audience area of a stadium. There are some guys wandering around.

She sings with a very soft voice (the entire song is a bit quiet and very chill). No idea about lyrics, but the majority and most memorable parts of the song are her gentle "Aaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaah Nananas"

Brigadier Sockface fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 6, 2014