Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah, I have trouble with the down escalator too.

More like the downs escalator.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Well, to be fair she DID get down faster than anyone else. Maybe she's just an overachiever?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, to be fair she DID get down faster than anyone else. Maybe she's just an overachiever?

Would you say she....escalated quickly?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Help Me Out Hammy posted:

Having an autistic brother it really makes me sad seeing so many people casually state they'd have punched a guy with downs syndrome in the same situation. :sigh:

As an apology for continuing the derail, have some stupid cats:

I don't think anyone here would readily admit to punching the guy if they knew beforehand that he was mentally disabled. Protecting your kids is pretty drat instinctual.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
*activates Autistic Vision* *sees child's Hit Points go down* Hmm yes the remaining amount is perfectly adequate for life. Please, sir, stop kicking my child or at least take off your heavy shoes.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I remember the first time I was in London, I took a while to get adjusted to how the British drive on the left side of the road and nearly got run over a bunch of times. Their escalators were (from a higher floor) left side goes down, right side goes up (opposite to everywhere else I recall being, anyway) and I tried walking down the up escalator before I knew what I was doing :downs:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Anyone else gleefully rubbing their hands over today's Real Housewives schadenfreude?

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Giudice,%20Giuseppe%20and%20Teresa%20Pleas%20PR.html

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I got an invitation to a shower a while back, where the bride-to-be asked point blank on the invitation for cash. I saw the mother of the bride this weekend and she was crying that nobody came.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

lamb posted:

I got an invitation to a shower a while back, where the bride-to-be asked point blank on the invitation for cash. I saw the mother of the bride this weekend and she was crying that nobody came.

poo poo, if any of my friends was tacky enough to do that I wouldn't even show up for the wedding.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CzarChasm posted:

poo poo, if any of my friends was tacky enough to do that I wouldn't even show up for the wedding.

Don't worry, if I know anything about people with that kind of attitude you can always catch the next one.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Well at least they didn't ask for bitcoins.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

lamb posted:

A friend from work plainly stated that anything that wasn't cash would be returned for cash.

Cue half of her guests not even attending. I still went. But with a personally engraved wedding album for her gift.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

arg. Wrong thread.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 03:02 on Mar 5, 2014

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

The TV show Almost Human is trying to make bitcoin a 'thing' through a lot of recent references. It's hilarious to watch while SA keeps me so gleefully informed about all the coin explosions going on a near daily basis. I have a hard time believing the bitcoin will survive 2014, forget making it 2048.
It's gone from being an obscure internet thing to a news item, to hearing actual human beings talking unironically about it at work. I'm not sure what to call the feeling that I know the whole thing to be a scam to the bone while the other person argues about how amazing it's going to be and how they're totally going to get some soon.

Vancouver also having a few businesses accepting bitcoin makes the argument worse - See, now there's places you CAN use it in real life! For coffee even!

All I can do is point out how volatile the value itself is and that the main bitcoin exchange is a Magic the Gathering website with a 5+ year waiting list to withdraw. People are so enamored with the idea of a cryptocurrency they don't realize bitcoin is a terrible one and will throw money at it.

:shrug:

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Desperado Bones posted:

Why don't you guys make your own thread to rant about airline's prices?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUAkmKAObU

You guys may be too busy complaining about hitting people with down's to notice, but 2:05 in this is one of the funniest goddam things I have seen. Stop drop and roll, chingamadres!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VELQcCxMDMQ

Worth it just for the 2 min mark where the kid has some WONDERFUL advice that really should have been mentioned beforehand.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

BerkerkLurk posted:

*activates Autistic Vision* *sees child's Hit Points go down* Hmm yes the remaining amount is perfectly adequate for life. Please, sir, stop kicking my child or at least take off your heavy shoes.

drat, y'all, this isn't an either/or thing. When you see someone kicking at your kid, place yourself between them and ascertain the situation. Thats protecting your kids. Punching them when you've already stepped in to separate them is just vengeance. I take my kids for a walk all the time, and if we stay out too late, sometimes the homeless drunks come out. More than once they've lunged at my kids and I just step in between them and say whatsup. Turns out they hAd parkinsons once and the other times were just trying to be gentle but failed . I never had to slug someone, although it would've felt great.

For content: I was on a packed elevator today, and a rotund man insisted on forcing his way in, to the discomfort of all. He then took the elevator down exactly one floor. Upon leaving he tripped in the gap and fell. I'm glad he got up right away and seemed okay, because it made everyone laughing at him much more enjoyable.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If you kick my cat I WILL punch you

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I keep looking at this and can't figure out the person's anatomy. Is that Octodad?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

This image gets so much better when you realize how much he looks like Harry Knowles.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

I can't stop looking, this is magical :allears:

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

I love the look her friend gets as she pulls the thing away from her.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Beep boop this is how humans react within literally two seconds of time boop beep.

Let me tell you what I'D do... :smugbert:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Escalators are very confusing apparently.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

I'm glad to know bottle caps can confound even the most giant-armed of us.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Caedus posted:

All I can do is point out how volatile the value itself is and that the main bitcoin exchange is a Magic the Gathering website with a 5+ year waiting list to withdraw. People are so enamored with the idea of a cryptocurrency they don't realize bitcoin is a terrible one and will throw money at it.

In fact, MtG:ox went under last week, because someone had been stealing from them for years and they didn't even notice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

His hands might've been damp. It's frustrating to try to open a water bottle with them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If you kick my cat I WILL punch you

If you punch me, I'll kick your cat.

Also re: Wedding schadenfreude, I can see how its a bit tacky to ask for cash, but if the couple is having financial difficulty due to changing circumstances, I have a hard time faulting them for not wanting a new blender, and instead having cash to pay off credit card bills for the wedding :shrug:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

It asked for cash on the bridal shower invite, not the wedding invitation

For wedding invites, I see nothing wrong with setting up a honeyfund instead of registering a huge gift list.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

fork bomb posted:

It asked for cash on the bridal shower invite, not the wedding invitation

For wedding invites, I see nothing wrong with setting up a honeyfund instead of registering a huge gift list.

Not usually, but sometimes it's a poo poo thing to do. My stepmom's nephew has been with this woman for a few years (he's already divorced, had 3 kids, she has a kid). They're doing ok for themselves, he's a cop. One day he decided he wants this new boat, but can't afford it or get a loan. Suddenly, a few days later, he begins spamming facebook with a nonstop stream of posts about his undying love for her (very out of character), and suddenly they're engaged and planning a really fast wedding and starts straight up asking everyone for cash instead of gifts.

This didn't go over so well with the family. His grandfather has forbidden anyone in the family from giving him money (old-school Italian family, it's like living in a horrible Sopranos episode sometimes); if you go to the wedding, give him small gifts that can't be re-sold easily, because they strongly suspect he's only getting remarried to get the money for the boat.

He got wind of this and mysteriously all talk of the wedding stopped soon after....

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

Rip Torn hits Norman Mailer with a hammer and Norman bites Rips ear.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=776_1393812574

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Rip torn was someone I just assumed was born old. Is he the one saying "you trust me baby?"

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Rip torn was someone I just assumed was born old. Is he the one saying "you trust me baby?"

Rip was the green shirt guy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dudes! posted:

Rip was the green shirt guy

See, that's loving crazy. I was assuming he was the shirtless guy until greenshirt started calling the other guy "Mailer."

Taking his shirt off seems to be the sort of thing Rip would do and also shirtless is definitely the stockier of the two.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

He ruins that poor barbell! :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

His hands might've been damp. It's frustrating to try to open a water bottle with them.

It was a prank, the cap was superglued to the bottle.

• Locked thread