Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't wait for this movie :allears:

I like how the stock of marky mark's swordgun actually gets sharper the closer it gets to his shoulder. That looks real comfortable.

If that film has a scene where Wahlberg has a swordfight with a robot though, I might go and see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

nice...sword...discipline?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

His fingers look positively twisted. That cannot be a comfortable grip at all. It looks like the index and middle finger part of his hand has been stretched out just so he could reach whatever buttons are on that thing.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
I love the addition of the nylon rope. Really grounds the visuals in reality.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

pyrrho posted:

His fingers look positively twisted. That cannot be a comfortable grip at all. It looks like the index and middle finger part of his hand has been stretched out just so he could reach whatever buttons are on that thing.

Well it's probably designed for a big beefy robot hand.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Wahlberg doesn't seem to be planning to use that thing. He's holding on to it while Optimus takes a leak.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope he says "Say hello to your mother for me" before he kills a decepticon

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

That's an interesting tag line.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

spookygonk posted:

That's an interesting tag line.

Steven Tyler's looking pretty good on this poster.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, Wahlberg doesn't seem to be planning to use that thing. He's holding on to it while Optimus takes a leak.

Judging from the look on his face, Prime is hung like an elephant.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Frostwerks posted:

Judging from the look on his face, Prime is hung like an elephant.

From a railcar-mounted industrial crane?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There's going to be an adaptation of Annie out at the end of this year. It's rather :effort:.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least lovely minimalist posters go to the effort to draw something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

There's going to be an adaptation of Annie out at the end of this year. It's rather :effort:.

That's the one with Quevenzhane Wallis from Beasts of the Southern Wild, right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's the one with Quevenzhane Wallis from Beasts of the Southern Wild, right?

And Jamie Foxx as Daddy Warbucks Benjamin Stacks.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Vagabundo posted:

Man that's a bad poster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Yeah, this is what it must be like to have a poo poo cookie sandwich in front of you, with the slight possibility that it isn't poo poo but a really delicious mousse. You kinda wanna try it, but more importantly you don't wanna be the guy who ate a poo poo cookie sandwich.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't you do this to me, Bay. Don't you do this.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I hope the sword transforms into a smaller Optimus Prime, with its own sword. And that sword will transform into a smaller Optimus Prime, etc.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Yeah, this is what it must be like to have a poo poo cookie sandwich in front of you, with the slight possibility that it isn't poo poo but a really delicious mousse. You kinda wanna try it, but more importantly you don't wanna be the guy who ate a poo poo cookie sandwich.

How could this not be poo poo?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Spazzle posted:

How could this not be poo poo?

Yeah, "throw more kinds of robots in, maybe with swords I guess" is not the key to making the Transformers movies good.

I'm curious as to why Mark Wahlberg signed on at all- either it really is better than we're expecting or he thought it would be a reasonably easy paycheck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I'm curious as to why Mark Wahlberg signed on at all- either it really is better than we're expecting or he thought it would be a reasonably easy paycheck.

Probably because they paid him whatever he was asking. The guy's been in lovely movies before, and he'll probably be in plenty of lovely ones after this as well. It's not like he's John Cazale; he was in The Happening for gently caress's sake.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Nikaer Drekin posted:

John Turturro, Frances McDormand, and John Malkovich are in the Transformers series. Mark Wahlberg doesn't hit the radar when it comes to the question of whether someone is slumming it to appear in them.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Vagabundo posted:

Probably because they paid him whatever he was asking. The guy's been in lovely movies before, and he'll probably be in plenty of lovely ones after this as well. It's not like he's John Cazale; he was in The Happening for gently caress's sake.

Sir Kodiak posted:

John Turturro, Frances McDormand, and John Malkovich are in the Transformers series. Mark Wahlberg doesn't hit the radar when it comes to the question of whether someone is slumming it to appear in them.

Ahaha, yeah, I sort of forgot about those other ones, Kodiak. Or I tried to forget. I guess if the studio basically knows that a movie will make LITERALLY A BILLION DOLLARS, they aren't afraid to shell out for talented people!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, "throw more kinds of robots in, maybe with swords I guess" is not the key to making the Transformers movies good.

He was also in Bay's wonderful Pain and Gain, though I don't know if that would have more influence on him being in the movie than studio dollars did.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Ahaha, yeah, I sort of forgot about those other ones, Kodiak. Or I tried to forget. I guess if the studio basically knows that a movie will make LITERALLY A BILLION DOLLARS, they aren't afraid to shell out for talented people!

I mean jeez, Stanley Tucci is the trailer for this one. Michael Bay can have whoever the hell he wants.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

axleblaze posted:

Man that's a bad poster.

It looks like an edgy reboot of Annie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's probably just a teaser poster, those are never great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

There's a huge number of A-list actors that have been in Michael Bay films. Whatever the critical response has been, it doesn't hurt they're future. Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansen were in The Island, Michael Bay's only financial failure, and it didn't hurt them that much. Will Smith was in 89's Bad Boys, and he's done okay. Armageddon had a murderer's row of great actors, and Ben Affleck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's probably just a teaser poster, those are never great.

You're right. Teaser posters are always poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell, some of those are more memorable than the official posters!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

He was also in Bay's wonderful Pain and Gain, though I don't know if that would have more influence on him being in the movie than studio dollars did.

Pretty sure the only reason he did it was to get cast in Transformers.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

While its a bad poster, its not bad marketing. They're going to hammer home Jay-Z's involvement with the remake as much as possible in order to attract a younger demographic that otherwise wouldn't give it a second thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtn6-XQupM

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Well i could have told you that.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Wait, wait. The giant robots that look like cyclones of metal and have destroyed half the major cities of the world...are dangerous?

HOLD THE PHONE

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

goodog posted:

They're going to hammer home Jay-Z's involvement with the remake as much as possible in order to attract a younger demographic that otherwise wouldn't give it a second thought.
I doubt that the younger demographic is even aware that that song exists.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Alhazred posted:

I doubt that the younger demographic is even aware that that song exists.

He's talking about this version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is the new version going to be all about bootstraping like the original comic strip?