Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

That's Strafe though, he's a mix between Strafe and Swoop because of the two-nosecone thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have feeling that the deluxe movie generations dinobots are going to be retooled for normal generations line down the road.

They have actual headsculpts which a shitload of movie figures did not have, and their bodies are actual transformer bodies rather than a skeleton that rolled in a bunch of crushed glass.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rei_ posted:

That's Strafe though, he's a mix between Strafe and Swoop because of the two-nosecone thing.

O yeah, that. I forgot it was Strafe, but I meant to answer that it's indeed one of the dinobots and not a Predacon or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

O yeah, that. I forgot it was Strafe, but I meant to answer that it's indeed one of the dinobots and not a Predacon or something.

It's like Hun-grrs wife or something.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't ordered this thing, so I just did.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ka0 posted:

I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't ordered this thing, so I just did.

I want one ¯\(°_o)/¯ I'll probably get one in Chicago. People will probably be talking about how sick they are of the movie toys by then.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Iced Cocoa posted:

Didn't he tell Swerve that the briefcase was opened when he didn't have it? I think he also had the briefcase before or very shortly after the events of Wreckers.

Plus, not too long ago, Brainstorm was MIGHTY interested in that green spark they found on Luna 2. He kept it and it hasn't been touched on again since.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

GrimGypsy posted:

Plus, not too long ago, Brainstorm was MIGHTY interested in that green spark they found on Luna 2. He kept it and it hasn't been touched on again since.

He installed that spark into his chest and its glowing out of him and he ran away when someone noticed it

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Given that Cyclonus is getting wrecked in the Dead Universe and Hardhead is alive and well I guess it's very hard to kill Hardhead to begin with, and it doesn't have to do only with his hard noggin. And the bolt that "kills" Brainstorm comes from Nova Prime's "shell", so it might be that Brainstorm was in some way killed by the Dark Universe. Or it might be like a death clock, except it just outright tells you if you're dying or not.

The green spark might very well be his last chance to survive.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Brainstorm has an upcoming toy that hasn't been revealed yet, and I have a hunch it's an actual Headmaster and the green spark thing is building up to that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rei_ posted:

Brainstorm has an upcoming toy that hasn't been revealed yet, and I have a hunch it's an actual Headmaster and the green spark thing is building up to that.

I suspect a vain attempt to keep Megatron's new design under wraps is also why we haven't seen the Leader figure yet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

C'mon Hasbro. Leader class stealth bomber Megatron. You can do it. Two jet leaders in one wave. Gerwalks for everyone.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It's already been said that Leader Megatron is a tank in his G1 colors. I'd say the Alex Milne MTMTE design from that cover and his Twitter fit the bill nicely and explain why Hasbro hasn't shown it yet.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

I don't know if I want the Minicon team or not. It might be cool for my desk at work. 3 little guys, 3 vehicles, 1 big guy. Hmm.

It's pretty cool, if you like G1 toys, you'll like those guys. it's that same blockyness with more posability, plus they're combiners.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So is the next Dark Cybertron issue just never coming out? It's been weeks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Toys R Us has a one day 20% sale on a few bits including FoC Bruticus/Grimlock.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

An Angry Bug posted:

So is the next Dark Cybertron issue just never coming out? It's been weeks.

It comes out next week, according to iTunes.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks. The sooner this gets over with, the sooner we get back to good comics.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Rei_ posted:

Where the gently caress do I find this Bumblebee piggy bank that's been circulating around the internet? Walmart?

I saw Bumblebee head piggy banks at Target in Newport News VA about two weeks ago.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

I suspect a vain attempt to keep Megatron's new design under wraps is also why we haven't seen the Leader figure yet.

I figure it's going to be a tank because a tank would be his most versatile of modes as far as repaints go. That way you can have G1 Megs, G2 megs, and Bludgeon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I saw Bumblebee head piggy banks at Target in Newport News VA about two weeks ago.

Prepping for the Secret Santa already, I like it!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I figure it's going to be a tank because a tank would be his most versatile of modes as far as repaints go. That way you can have G1 Megs, G2 megs, and Bludgeon.

Oh god an IDW leader-class Bludgeon (pre-Pretender process) would be a dream come true.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

The new design is a tank, judging by the kibble, so that works out nicely.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I recently ordered the Megatron Chronicle pack and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I wanted to have a G1 Megs, I wanted DOTM Megs(and heard good things about him), and I liked the improved look on the one this one came with, so it was a pretty good deal for me. DOTM Megs in particular surprised me with really how good it is. The joints seem a little loose in the legs, and it's a bit annoying to get the cowl attached that first time, but it's nothing that can be ignored. It seems like a crime that he didn't get a Leader class version of his DOTM incarnation, because overall he's fantastic.

I'm thinking of eventually getting the Optimus Prime Chronicle pack, but I haven't decided yet. The YOTH Masterpiece Prime is the one thing that I really am hoping to get this month.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DotM Megatron is one of the very, very few DotM figures I own, and yeah, he's a good little toy. He was the "sit on the coffee table to absent-mindedly transform while watching TV" TF for a very long time.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

DotM Megatron is one of the very, very few DotM figures I own, and yeah, he's a good little toy. He was the "sit on the coffee table to absent-mindedly transform while watching TV" TF for a very long time.

He's one of very few toys that instantly turns me into a TFW2005 poster. He needs to be BIGGER. Where's all the paint apps, HASBLOW?? The little guy just has so much potential that's tragically unfulfilled.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone once pointed out that it has a deluxe upper body with voyager size legs, so I can't unsee that. I still like him a lot, though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Size-class restrictions are hard misstresses.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

Size-class restrictions are hard misstresses.

For the record I'm pretty cool with classics Galvatron, but for some reason DOTM Megs sticks in my craw. Go figure.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Did Hasbro just think it was close enough to the old design?

I wonder if anybody will be confused by the combiner head in the Energon Grimlock?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Lepecard posted:

I wonder if anybody will be confused by the combiner head in the Energon Grimlock?

I ... I ... I want all of these! No no no no :negative: Toys R Us

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

I ... I ... I want all of these! No no no no :negative: Toys R Us

You should be ashamed of yourself. They're passing off Energon Grimlock as G1 Grimlock.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lepecard posted:

Energon Grimlock was nothing too special to begin with and he has NOT aged well. The G1 mold, even if they somehow replaced the die-cast with plastic (or some other similar cost-cutting measures), would've been a better choice.

So are they also doing a G1 repaint of Energon Swoop? Because I'm ok with that.

edit: Looks like there's a Swoop 2-pack planned as well, so that answers that. I also saw that there's a Slag 2-pack planned, I can't imagine what they would use for the "G1" version. Surely not Animated?

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 6, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Someone once pointed out that it has a deluxe upper body with voyager size legs

And a scout-class head.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

edit: Looks like there's a Swoop 2-pack planned as well, so that answers that. I also saw that there's a Slag 2-pack planned, I can't imagine what they would use for the "G1" version. Surely not Animated?

Get ready for Generations Slag coming in a future wave I guess.

Because the only other slag other than animated was the Beast machines and Wal-Mart Dinobot that used the Beast Wars neo Mold.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Get ready for Generations Slag coming in a future wave I guess.

Because the only other slag other than animated was the Beast machines and Wal-Mart Dinobot that used the Beast Wars neo Mold.

I would laugh and laugh if they went with the Neo triceratops mold. Whole lotta sad kids if they try that. Alternate hilarity: PCC Grimstone sans limbs.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Just think, an entire generation of kids will grow up thinking THAT is the original Grimlock toy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Rage posted:

You should be ashamed of yourself. They're passing off Energon Grimlock as G1 Grimlock.

I don't get that. Why not use the FOC mold?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
...wait a minute. Is the movie's Swoop going to turn into a wing backpack for Grimlock? Because that would explain the Energon mold, and make it clear which Swoop they're going to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I don't get that. Why not use the FOC mold?

This is the right answer.