Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

forbidden lesbian posted:

I can't wait until Magic has rape and incest as important plot points, for the sake of realism.

Been there, done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nooooooo dont derail this derail into that magic derail.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Veyrall posted:

As for picture sleeves, what are some decent sources? My LGS only has anime girls (of the clothed variety), Game of Thrones, and Boris Vallejo pin-ups. Is there a way to get custom sleeves?

FFG has a few, most notably the GoT sleeves. Legion Supplies sells some generic skulls and things or internet memes. Somebody (Ultra Pro maybe?) sells various bits of MTG art sleeves.

I play (Netrunner, anyway) with anime sleeves from Legend of Galactic Heroes (like my av) but finding them amongst a sea of thousands of scantily clad anime girls took an unreasonable amount of time on amazon and international shipping was horrible, so I do not recommend it unless you are really determined to find sleeves nobody else is also playing.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

jassi007 posted:

Been there, done that.

:colbert:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I have sleeves that are a giant squid attacking a submarine and I sometimes start every game with 'lets get kraken'

You better be playing UG with Kiora.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

George RR Martin spotted

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I have sleeves that are a giant squid attacking a submarine and I sometimes start every game with 'lets get kraken'

You deserve to go to prison and I hate you.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Blue has ways to shut that down.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm so sorry

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
I found that this is one site where you can design your own sleeves (http://www.yourcardsleeves.com/), although there's videos that proved he's able to make some, production still seems to be in the beginning phase, based on the order page.

On the topic of terrible sleeve discussion, am I a bad person for running these in the past? I have no shame for buying them or using them :colbert:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Stinky Pit posted:

You deserve to go to prison and I hate you.

I have never seen you be so terribly wrong about something before.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

whydirt posted:

Blue has ways to shut that down.

I want to empty quote this forever :allears:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Anyone getting the Jace vs. Vraska duel deck? Pre-ordered mine at my local store today. :D

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I just found the best card sleeves ever

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forbidden lesbian posted:

I can't wait until Magic has rape and incest as important plot points, for the sake of realism.

Clearly you missed Onslaught Block.

Darker and grittier card games.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Clearly you missed Onslaught Block.

Darker and grittier card games.

I don't remember either of those things happening. I mean, I know Phage ( a zombie resurrected from the corpse of Kamahl's sister, Jeska whose mere touch causes things to rot away) and the Cabal Patriach/ The First (a man whose power causes beings to instantly die at his touch) had sex giving birth to the the black (as in mana) god-baby Kuberr.

I know Akroma was created from Ixidor missing his wife and wet-dreaming her into existence.

I also know that Karona was created when Kamahl killed Phage, Akroma and Zagorka at the same time with the Mirari Blade.

I however don't remember any incest or rape, just some necrophilia and magical wet-dreams.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Boxn posted:

I found that this is one site where you can design your own sleeves (http://www.yourcardsleeves.com/), although there's videos that proved he's able to make some, production still seems to be in the beginning phase, based on the order page.

On the topic of terrible sleeve discussion, am I a bad person for running these in the past? I have no shame for buying them or using them :colbert:

Get some sleeves with the normal card back on them, it'll tilt the gently caress out of your opponents.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

vOv posted:

Get some sleeves with the normal card back on them, it'll tilt the gently caress out of your opponents.

You can already get those, I have like 100 or so of them. I've never seen anyone tilt over those, though I have gotten a few "That's Neat" from people.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I just got an e-mail from Strike Zone saying that, of the $101 worth of cards I sent to them, they'd be crediting me with $31. I don't hold out much hope for them actually paying me. Is this just their business model?

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I just got an e-mail from Strike Zone saying that, of the $101 worth of cards I sent to them, they'd be crediting me with $31. I don't hold out much hope for them actually paying me. Is this just their business model?

I sent them a buylist order of about $68 two weeks ago and got PayPal for the full amount the same day that they received the cards. Did they give a reason for the difference in amount?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

OssiansFolly posted:

WHOA WHOA! They have Horse Sleeves that I can use for Murderhorse?! I am on board with owning some!

Do they really cost $300 for 75!? :stare:

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Samael posted:

Do they really cost $300 for 75!? :stare:

They are $4.50 for 50 of them

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

jhorphear posted:

They are $4.50 for 50 of them

Oh I thought it was for singular. I should read better :)

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

ScarletBrother posted:

I sent them a buylist order of about $68 two weeks ago and got PayPal for the full amount the same day that they received the cards. Did they give a reason for the difference in amount?

Nope, just a list of what I sent them, and a smaller list of what they were accepting.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Nope, just a list of what I sent them, and a smaller list of what they were accepting.

Did you send more than they listed that they were buying or something?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

ScarletBrother posted:

Did you send more than they listed that they were buying or something?

Nope, I painstakingly went through their list and they wouldn't let me submit more than they were taking anyways. Not to mention that they've labelled the order as complete even though I haven't been paid yet, so at this point I'm pretty sure they're screwing me.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Nope, I painstakingly went through their list and they wouldn't let me submit more than they were taking anyways. Not to mention that they've labelled the order as complete even though I haven't been paid yet, so at this point I'm pretty sure they're screwing me.

Granted I have only dealt with them the one time, but that went really smooth. I would call them and ask what's going on. Couldn't hurt.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I'd call you a terrible person, but I've cracked too many bad jokes involving Boros Reckoner to judge.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A friend gave me a pack of Pinky Pie sleeves as a gag gift for my birthday.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Star Man posted:

A friend gave me a pack of Pinky Pie sleeves as a gag gift for my birthday.

I lost to a guy unironically using those at the BNG prerelease. Seppuku was not out of the question.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Did you value them at $101, or did they value them at $101?

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

jhorphear posted:

Did you value them at $101, or did they value them at $101?

Also, are they sending you cards back? Copy/paste your order email.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Exhibit A: The list of items I originally submitted.

quote:

Sell to us Items:
These items were invoiced by customer.
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - 4th Edition - Counterspell Near Mint Normal English $0.54
3x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - 4th Edition - Swords to Plowshares Near Mint Normal English $5.13
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Commander - Oblivion Stone Near Mint Normal English $6.67
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Notion Thief Near Mint Normal English $0.13
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Turn / Burn Near Mint Normal English $0.16
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Warleader's Helix Near Mint Normal English $0.20
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Wear / Tear Near Mint Normal English $0.14
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Magic 2014 Core Set - Ratchet Bomb Near Mint Normal English $1.64
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Magic 2014 Core Set - Trading Post Near Mint Normal English $0.22
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Knight of the Reliquary Near Mint Normal English $4.99
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Pestermite Near Mint Normal English $0.10
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Relic of Progenitus Near Mint Normal English $0.70
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Nemesis - Submerge Near Mint Normal English $1.88
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - New Phyrexia - Surgical Extraction Near Mint Normal English $5.54
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Counterflux Near Mint Normal English $0.14
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Detention Sphere Near Mint Normal English $1.33
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Golgari Charm Near Mint Normal English $0.20
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Loxodon Smiter Near Mint Normal English $1.66
12x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Trostani, Selesnya's Voice Near Mint Normal English $62.76
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Revised - Swords to Plowshares Near Mint Normal English $1.91
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Shards of Alara - Relic of Progenitus Near Mint Normal English $0.68
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Theros - Anax and Cymede Near Mint Normal English $0.05
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Theros - Anger of the Gods Near Mint Normal English $1.70
2x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Theros - Bident of Thassa Near Mint Normal English $0.08
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Theros - Phalanx Leader Near Mint Normal English $0.02
1x Sell to us - Magic the Gathering - Urza's Legacy - Mother of Runes Near Mint Normal English $2.48

Exhibit B: The items that they decided to actually pay me for.

quote:

Sell to us Accepted Items:
These accepted items were paid at original invoice rate.
1x Magic the Gathering - 4th Edition - Counterspell Near Mint Normal English $0.54
2x Magic the Gathering - 4th Edition - Swords to Plowshares Near Mint Normal English $3.42
1x Magic the Gathering - Commander - Oblivion Stone Near Mint Normal English $6.67
1x Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Notion Thief Near Mint Normal English $0.13
2x Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Turn / Burn Near Mint Normal English $0.16
2x Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Warleader's Helix Near Mint Normal English $0.20
1x Magic the Gathering - Dragon's Maze - Wear / Tear Near Mint Normal English $0.14
2x Magic the Gathering - Magic 2014 Core Set - Ratchet Bomb Near Mint Normal English $1.64
1x Magic the Gathering - Magic 2014 Core Set - Trading Post Near Mint Normal English $0.22
1x Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Knight of the Reliquary Near Mint Normal English $4.99
1x Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Pestermite Near Mint Normal English $0.10
1x Magic the Gathering - Modern Masters - Relic of Progenitus Near Mint Normal English $0.70
1x Magic the Gathering - Nemesis - Submerge Near Mint Normal English $1.88
1x Magic the Gathering - New Phyrexia - Surgical Extraction Near Mint Normal English $2.77
1x Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Detention Sphere Near Mint Normal English $1.33
2x Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Golgari Charm Near Mint Normal English $0.20
1x Magic the Gathering - Return to Ravnica - Loxodon Smiter Near Mint Normal English $1.66
1x Magic the Gathering - Revised - Swords to Plowshares Near Mint Normal English $1.91
1x Magic the Gathering - Shards of Alara - Relic of Progenitus Near Mint Normal English $0.68
1x Magic the Gathering - Theros - Anax and Cymede Near Mint Normal English $0.05
2x Magic the Gathering - Theros - Anger of the Gods Near Mint Normal English $1.70
2x Magic the Gathering - Theros - Bident of Thassa Near Mint Normal English $0.08
1x Magic the Gathering - Theros - Phalanx Leader Near Mint Normal English $0.02

Missing cards: 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Surgical Extraction, 1 Counterflux, 1 Mother of Runes and 12 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice (the whole reason I sold to them was because they had this many on their buylist).

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Exhibit A: The list of items I originally submitted.

Exhibit B: The items that they decided to actually pay me for.

Missing cards: 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Surgical Extraction, 1 Counterflux, 1 Mother of Runes and 12 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice (the whole reason I sold to them was because they had this many on their buylist).

So it looks like they decided not to accept your Trostanis, Counterflux and Mother of Runes. I'm pretty sure they're going to mail them back to you. Just call them.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Boxn posted:

This guy ran a Kickstarter sometime last year, and nobody has seen product from him at all. I'm one of them. gently caress this guy; he's been screwing us around for about a year now and I'm calling the whole thing a loss.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Does anyone know about a card alterist who will alter cards to be historically significant politicians? That would be dope.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

What a Judas posted:

This guy ran a Kickstarter sometime last year, and nobody has seen product from him at all. I'm one of them. gently caress this guy; he's been screwing us around for about a year now and I'm calling the whole thing a loss.

drat, I'm sorry to hear that :(
Are there any other places that make custom sleeves as far as you know?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Boxn posted:

drat, I'm sorry to hear that :(
Are there any other places that make custom sleeves as far as you know?

Nobody does. That's why the Kickstarter was so successful.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

Does anyone know about a card alterist who will alter cards to be historically significant politicians? That would be dope.

I want a playset of Teddy Roosevelt Lightning bolts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

jhorphear posted:

I want a playset of Teddy Roosevelt Lightning bolts!

Some people like foreign language cards, some people like foils.

Me?

I like to cast Force of Wills altered to look like LBJ

• Locked thread