Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I apologize, that was a bit harsh I guess. But there are a lot of reasons to complain about that game and I can't pretend it still doesn't piss me off that a company and a series I loved so much put out a product that seems like such a blatant ripoff after producing four excellent titles that I still play to this day. And I'm also still bitter about Forza Horizon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
My old 360 finally stopped reading discs so I got a new one. Forgot to get my Forza data before selling it to a friend, so now I am playing it all over again. I forgot how much money T10 gave out over the course of the game; makes getting a pimped out garage a bit tougher. Is AUGR completely gone? I wanna race with goons again, even if I'm constantly borrowing cars from the club garage.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GOD IS BED posted:

My old 360 finally stopped reading discs so I got a new one. Forgot to get my Forza data before selling it to a friend, so now I am playing it all over again. I forgot how much money T10 gave out over the course of the game; makes getting a pimped out garage a bit tougher. Is AUGR completely gone? I wanna race with goons again, even if I'm constantly borrowing cars from the club garage.

Apply to EASA. I'm not sure if any of the leaders or co-leaders are very active, so it might take a little while to get approved.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

There's one thing FM4 has over FM5:

Porsches :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

That is not a positive :colbert:

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Sometimes you just feel like having a "Fifty years of Beatles" race.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Is it even possible to get a 1:30 or better time on Top Gear with the Suzuki Liana like on the show in this game?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

911s are awesome, stop being such a negative nancy.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

GOD IS BED posted:

On the note of racing with goons, is there a chance that we could race on some other day than saturday at some point? I keep having either poo poo to do or friends over on saturday and this looks like a trend that isn't ending soon and I'd like to race with goons sometime soonish, maybe run some spec races again.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AzMiLion posted:

On the note of racing with goons, is there a chance that we could race on some other day than saturday at some point? I keep having either poo poo to do or friends over on saturday and this looks like a trend that isn't ending soon and I'd like to race with goons sometime soonish, maybe run some spec races again.

We actually haven't raced the past couple Saturdays anyway. As I said before, I'm totally open to whatever other day and time works best for people, and cool with whatever specs and whatnot.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Yeah we need to get the band back together and start doing some series stuff again, all those screenshots Jarf posted are making me miss racing with you guys... if people can't do Saturdays, what about same time Sundays?

Is anyone around this weekend?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Typical GBS posted:

Yeah we need to get the band back together and start doing some series stuff again, all those screenshots Jarf posted are making me miss racing with you guys... if people can't do Saturdays, what about same time Sundays?

Is anyone around this weekend?

If we get enough people i'd definitely resub to live, as long as theres sustained interest!

I'm not around on saturday, i'll be up at bedford autodrome!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Are you guys mostly Europe time zones? I would absolutely be down to take part in another spec racing series, but I'm US time.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

skooma512 posted:

Is it even possible to get a 1:30 or better time on Top Gear with the Suzuki Liana like on the show in this game?

I don't think anyone sniffed the 1:30s in the Liana. They were all 1:40 or higher?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

JPrime posted:

I don't think anyone sniffed the 1:30s in the Liana. They were all 1:40 or higher?

The fastest time in the Liana is 1:42.9 by Lewis Hamilton.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I wish they had a mode for just a single lap on the TG track from a standing start...make me feel like a NSIARPC for a bit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JPrime posted:

I wish they had a mode for just a single lap on the TG track from a standing start...make me feel like a NSIARPC for a bit.

That's what the rivals event is.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

The fastest time in the Liana is 1:42.9 by Lewis Hamilton.
To be fair, it was his second try, even though the first was "wet and oily". I want to see Kimi in the dry, and Alonso.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Are you guys mostly Europe time zones? I would absolutely be down to take part in another spec racing series, but I'm US time.

By the looks of it, Smelly Cabin Filter, Jarf and myself are GMT, Azmilion might be GMT+1

The Saturday night @ 8pm worked for me, or I don't mind starting a bit later.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Typical GBS posted:

By the looks of it, Smelly Cabin Filter, Jarf and myself are GMT, Azmilion might be GMT+1

The Saturday night @ 8pm worked for me, or I don't mind starting a bit later.

I'm in GMT+1 indeed. Luminaflare is also GMT, but he doesn't really play Forza at the moment. I'm usually not busy on saturdays, it's just that the past few weeks have been busy unexpectedly.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Ah, bummer. I'd love to race with you chavs but during the week I'm at work and Saturday's now impossible for me too.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Would people be more interested in running a racing series, or would y'all be OK with a time attack like I ran previously where you drive a certain car on a certain track and just post your fastest lap and compete with everyone for a faster lap time a la the community bounty hunter style?

A racing series is definitely more fun, but with the number of people in different time zones, the low turnout for recent racing, and the ease of running laps whenever you want, it's a lot easier for more people to participate in a time attack style event.

I'm definitely good with organizing another time attack, as long as the interest is there and I don't feel like I'm wasting my time. I don't have time to run a regular series, however.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
I'd participate in a rivals style event.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

I'm up for either, would prefer the series stuff if we can all agree on a time though.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Also up for either, serues would be fun to run in for once, i missed the last season of whatever SAEG was running.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm up for either.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I don't think I can manage a series at the moment, but I could definitely find time for a time attack type of thing.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

If its time attack, the thing last summer was a type of car on a certain track(like 50s roadsters E class on Maple valley or whatever), I think this time should be a certain car with stock setup on a certain track.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Time attack would work for me, since im moving this weekend. Preferably something lower classed.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

GOD IS BED posted:

Time attack would work for me, since im moving this weekend. Preferably something lower classed.

We could do time attack runs in the Clio 510 tune? or maybe the Miata tunes, those are still pretty zippy.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

AzMiLion posted:

We could do time attack runs in the Clio 510 tune? or maybe the Miata tunes, those are still pretty zippy.
I stole your Clio tune and we ran those in the league I had, good fun cars.

I actually have this Saturday off so I will take some time to put a time attack together. We'll do just about the same as last time. I'll have two specs and two tracks to run them on and it will last for a week. We'll do 4 weeks, so 8 times to post. Count on it starting this Monday (Mar. 23rd). I'll organize this via everyone's favorite method: a Google Docs spreadsheet. Times to be submitted by picture.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Is there a tuning calculator or database around that's decent? I've use forzatune and a spreadsheet and both result in undriverable cars that spin out if you so much as think about turning the wheel.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

skooma512 posted:

Is there a tuning calculator or database around that's decent? I've use forzatune and a spreadsheet and both result in undriverable cars that spin out if you so much as think about turning the wheel.

Both of those are to be used as a guideline to creating a base tune that you tweak to your liking. But really the resulting tunes should at least be stable. Perhaps you're putting too much power in a car that can't handle it or just aren't that good at driving.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

GutBomb posted:

Both of those are to be used as a guideline to creating a base tune that you tweak to your liking. But really the resulting tunes should at least be stable. Perhaps you're putting too much power in a car that can't handle it or just aren't that good at driving.

Both valid points. I can't say I'm Kimi Raikonnen, though a slight twitch to the right on a straight shouldn't result in a spin out.

I was using a Corvette Grand Sport upgraded one level up to S.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

skooma512 posted:

Yeah, I posted it a while ago: click

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

Both valid points. I can't say I'm Kimi Raikonnen, though a slight twitch to the right on a straight shouldn't result in a spin out.

I was using a Corvette Grand Sport upgraded one level up to S.

When you say upgraded one level, do you mean you let the game do the upgrades automaticaly? Because usualy those are some dogshit for sure.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It's a Race!

Alright goons, time for a new Time Attack competition! Each week, starting Monday morning, I will post up a pair of car/track combos in which you will race against the clock. The events will last 4 weeks with the last set ending midnight, April 20th.

Everyone who submits a valid time will be ranked, and points will be scored from 1 for 1st place to x for xth place. Times must be posted in this thread by Sunday at midnight of that week. The next event will then start Monday at 12:01am. Everyone will get to drop their two lowest results. The driver points will then be averaged, and the person with the lowest average points wins.

There are also prizes! I have purchased a :20bux: Xbox Gift Card and 2 :10bux: cards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively.

To submit your time, you will need to take a picture of the screen and post it in this thread, clearly showing the PI, Car Model, lap time, and the area where the dirty lap marker would show up if you run a dirty lap. The picture should be legible.

As the results start coming in, I will populate a spreadsheet, which I will post with the second set of events next Sunday night.

Week One
Event 1: C-Class at Iberian Full Reverse [car must remain *STOCK*, no upgrades]

Event 2: A-Class at Hockenheim National [all upgrades free]

Good luck!

Note: All times referenced are US Central times.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh poo poo there's prizes? Guess that means I shouldn't use a dumb gimmick car like I always do.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hey is anyone else even gonna make an effort, the leaderboards tell me I'm the only one who has tried at all yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Hey is anyone else even gonna make an effort, the leaderboards tell me I'm the only one who has tried at all yet.
Kind of what I expected, unfortunately :smith:

• Locked thread