Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

GNU Order posted:

lllllladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Enfys posted:

I want to be in ladyhaus but I don't really know how the sim personalisation thingy works as I've never played it. Can I have a puppy? Are all sims white? Or is yours the one where you can be something supernatural cos that would be cool. I want a chill job that actually allows me to eat and sleep and wear fun clothes. Is puppy wrangling a job? I want this job.
If you want to get into Sims, it's pretty fun but can be addictive. You should be able to pick up Sims 2 and a couple of packs (including Pets for pets and Apartment Life for witches :iiam:) for super cheap since it's been out forever. Sims 3 is also an option, but Sims 2 people look better out of the box, the game has way more custom content, and graphics haven't aged too badly imo (especially with cc).

Sims come in different races for sure. There are 4 different default skintones but you can add a much wider range, including paler, darker, and all kinds of undertones. Features are controlled when creating a face, plus there's cc applied as "makeup" to make changes as small as different eyelids, freckles, etc. You can also download a ton of different clothes and furniture, and all of this custom content is community-created and free. It's stupidly addictive creating all these realistic barbies with the best wardrobes and interior design, and that's before you even start playing.

In conclusion, it looks like I'll be breaking out my copy this weekend.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

hubba hubba

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
amarantine can you make my character a bit more military historiany if that doesn't conflict with the sex pirate thing you've got going

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

pshh play with your friends in xcom. nothing like seeing your roomate's cousin get beaten to death by a giant monster as her best friend watches helplessly and its all your fault.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Kinda weirded out by how much sim me resembles me in this shrunk-down computer created photo. I'm even standing where I'd be standing in the back, hiding behind everyone else.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Help me lady thread I am having a sad attack and I can't even cry in peace because the people in the office building next door watch me while making their coffee and also I have a blood nose now

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kat Delacour posted:

Help me lady thread I am having a sad attack and I can't even cry in peace because the people in the office building next door watch me while making their coffee and also I have a blood nose now

Would you like a puppy picture

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Maybe idk cute animals are a mixed blessings because they are cute but they also remind me I can't cry on my cat anymore cos she lives with mum

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
SO I didn't get the internship :( I kinda expected that, but still.

I really just want to work.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Kat Delacour posted:

how about pictures of beautiful asian men

those seem to be on the list of the things this thread knows how to find

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Kat Delacour posted:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Great now I have mountain dew bloody snots on my phone

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

amarantine can you make my character a bit more military historiany if that doesn't conflict with the sex pirate thing you've got going
if they had a military history option, surely she would have used it on me

catty sims drama among the military historians

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A tampon in the nose will fix the nose bleed

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

A tampon in the nose will fix the nose bleed

you are just getting a lot of mileage out of that new username

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Ladythread there is a very good chance that in less than a month I will be saying goodbye to my friends & family and moving out West to work on the railroad and I am terrified.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Al Borland posted:

SO I didn't get the internship :( I kinda expected that, but still.

I really just want to work.

Ugh that sucks sorry dude :(

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

bathroom sounds posted:

Ladythread there is a very good chance that in less than a month I will be saying goodbye to my friends & family and moving out West to work on the railroad and I am terrified.

You'll have your fancy coffeepot with you, it will be ok. Yay adventure!

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Kat, I drew you a bread person in honor of the deliciousness of bread.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Thora posted:

This is true.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Best Tasting! posted:

Kat, I drew you a bread person in honor of the deliciousness of bread.

i am not a fan of bread people

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Dang

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i leave for five minutes and people start making thinly-veiled jokes about putting me in a concentration camp UGH it's high school ALL OVER AGAIN

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in other news, my workplace was sponsored by a stationery company for a recent exhibition. the company donated an absurd number of pens. there were way too many to be used up on the night, so i've just inherited about 200 marker pens in varying colours and now have to figure out what to create with them

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Anne Whateley posted:

If you want to get into Sims, it's pretty fun but can be addictive. You should be able to pick up Sims 2 and a couple of packs (including Pets for pets and Apartment Life for witches :iiam:) for super cheap since it's been out forever. Sims 3 is also an option, but Sims 2 people look better out of the box, the game has way more custom content, and graphics haven't aged too badly imo (especially with cc).

Sims come in different races for sure. There are 4 different default skintones but you can add a much wider range, including paler, darker, and all kinds of undertones. Features are controlled when creating a face, plus there's cc applied as "makeup" to make changes as small as different eyelids, freckles, etc. You can also download a ton of different clothes and furniture, and all of this custom content is community-created and free. It's stupidly addictive creating all these realistic barbies with the best wardrobes and interior design, and that's before you even start playing.

In conclusion, it looks like I'll be breaking out my copy this weekend.

It sounds tempting, but the last thing I need is an addictive game. I barely have time to eat or sleep at the moment, and I keep getting a game, playing it for 2 hours some weekend, then not having time to play any games again for another month or so by which time I have forgotten what I was doing and have to start over.

Ok, for my sim I want to wear awesome clothes since I have a closet full of great stuff I never get to wear since I rarely have time to go out in the world any more. Also having some kind of chill puppy wrangling job or exotic crazy job that never requires going near a hospital. Traits: overworked, obsessive, cyclist, puppies (these are totally traits). I don't know what else I need to put. I am bad at sims.

Actually I want to get this game and become addicted and quit my job and play dress up all day instead of going back to work in a few hours. Thanks Anne! :v:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
a scary story for lady crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdxQdGqQzg

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kat Delacour posted:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Avshalom posted:

in other news, my workplace was sponsored by a stationery company for a recent exhibition. the company donated an absurd number of pens. there were way too many to be used up on the night, so i've just inherited about 200 marker pens in varying colours and now have to figure out what to create with them

Post some to me. I will buy a canvas and draw a terrible picture of my mental image of all the lady thread posters. Or a cat. Whichever.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Thora posted:

i bring my french press AND coffee grinder with me on international trips

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I ended up playing a different house in the sims. i am sorry, I just wanted to get used to some of the features- back to you guys next time~.

But, also, i was watching a little sim play little sim computer games on her little sim pc at 3am, and i look at my clock and it's 3am, and here I am sitting here playing computer games, and i look up the sky and think... is it me? am I the sim?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Schmetterling posted:

Post some to me. I will buy a canvas and draw a terrible picture of my mental image of all the lady thread posters. Or a cat. Whichever.
aren't you in sydney? i could leave them on your doorstep, knock and then run away to avoid human interaction, all you'd see of me is a giant brown puffball disappearing slowly over the treetops

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Meis posted:

I ended up playing a different house in the sims. i am sorry, I just wanted to get used to some of the features- back to you guys next time~.

But, also, i was watching a little sim play little sim computer games on her little sim pc at 3am, and i look at my clock and it's 3am, and here I am sitting here playing computer games, and i look up the sky and think... is it me? am I the sim?
i'm behind you on pink fart wings rn

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i drood u a kat

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

CAn't you just draw this anyway? I want to see inside your mind.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Pick posted:

i drood u a kat

can i keep it?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
No it probably has fleas now come inside and wash your hands this instant.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

you think that's scary check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNFx28NGLfI

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
i'm revising an article now and i wish i could do that to these loving books i am reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Avshalom posted:

aren't you in sydney? i could leave them on your doorstep, knock and then run away to avoid human interaction, all you'd see of me is a giant brown puffball disappearing slowly over the treetops

I'm in brisbane, unfortunately. I could try just drawing stuff but I am a bad artist and also I just have a thing for getting free stuff.

Guys I said I'd go meet my bf and his friends downtown but I'd have to put on a shirt and get up and go outside. But if I don't go I have to make myself do my week 1 readings probably.

Why can't I not wear a shirt. This is unfair.

• Locked thread