Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Renegade "Jimmy Hart has programmed me to TOS, terminate on sight"

Maybe he saw a mirror later...

Edit: and a crowd of casual people who didn't even have to pay to attend the PPV decide to cheer for Mr Wonderful instead. Booing Renegade's offence and popping for Orndorff's cheating.

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

billy cuts
Aug 14, 2003

wrists of fury
Buglord
It's too bad they're rotating content out so quickly. I was really hoping to watch the first episode of Raw, but it's already been taken down. It shows up in the search but just redirects to the live stream.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I pulled up Fatal Four-Way 2010 randomly, and Evan Bourne and Chris Jericho have a nice little match on there I had completely forgotten about.

I miss...both of them. :smith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

billy cuts posted:

It's too bad they're rotating content out so quickly. I was really hoping to watch the first episode of Raw, but it's already been taken down. It shows up in the search but just redirects to the live stream.

What are you trying to view it on? I just loaded it up on my Mac and it played fine.

billy cuts
Aug 14, 2003

wrists of fury
Buglord

Phenix Rising posted:

What are you trying to view it on? I just loaded it up on my Mac and it played fine.

Well, it's working now. Not sure what the problem was earlier.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I need this Heenan shirt. Make it happen, WWE. http://imgur.com/7vWezjr

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Is VOD not working for anyone else? I try to click on a PPV and keep getting taken back to the live stream.

EDIT: And it's fixed.

Crowe
Sep 10, 2003
Where is the bomb!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is VOD not working for anyone else? I try to click on a PPV and keep getting taken back to the live stream.

EDIT: And it's fixed.

I still regularly keep getting issues in playback where either the video skips forward a couple of seconds, or the audio desyncs by about ten seconds and the video freezes until it catches up with itself. I'm trying to watch Wrestlemania 24 and it keeps happening every couple of minutes.

Does anyone else get this?

Crowe fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 8, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait till you get to the Mike Awesome match where Joey Styles acts like a big dumb baby.

"Suicide dive by Mike Awesome and it's a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life"

:smith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Crowe posted:

I still regularly keep getting issues in playback where either the video skips forward a couple of seconds, or the audio desyncs by about ten seconds and the video freezes until it catches up with itself. I'm trying to watch Wrestlemania 24 and it keeps happening every couple of minutes.

Does anyone else get this?

I was getting the video skipping forward this morning when I was watching an old episode of RAW. The audio stayed in sync the whole time, but there were maybe four or five times where everything just jumped a few seconds. Crush had Lex Luger in an armbar, then suddenly he was on the turnbuckle yelling at multiple Doinks in the crowd.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

i get a weird thing on my Xbox where old stuff in 4:3 works fine for a while, then randomly zooms and shifts the picture to the right of the screen (leaving a massive gap on the left) then changes back after about a minute. it does this every so often

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Sprecherscrow posted:

Sabu vs. Terry Funk Born to Be Wired. Is that on the Network yet?

this match is bad and gross and I would not recommend it

Max Overthruster posted:

Wrestling was baanned in my house when WCW was around so I never got to see much, but after watching Wargames at Fall Brawl 96 I'm totally in love with the concept even if the ending was dumb and lame, what are the best Wargames matches?

as was mentioned, WrestleWar 91 and 92 both have great War Games main events. Those were the last two WCW matches to get a ***** rating from the Observer.

Plus, 91 ends with Sid being a complete idiot and almost murdering Brian Pillman, so that's a sight to see.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

nasboat posted:

this match is bad and gross and I would not recommend it

No way, it's highly recommended to see a guy in a barb wire match have to duct tape his own bicep back together so he can finish the match.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's worth seeing in the context of a really bizarre performance art where two men are eventually rolling around in a cocoon made of barbed wire.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Willninho posted:

The ending of the Freebirds w/ Von Erich 6man is pretty great setup for what happens next in WCCW continuity. It's on the most recent WCCW TV on the vault.

Oh I loved WCCW when I was a kid, I can't wait til there's a ton of it up.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

savinhill posted:

Oh I loved WCCW when I was a kid, I can't wait til there's a ton of it up.

I want more just to see if I can spot my parents in the audience at one of the shows with my 3 to 7 year old self sitting in my dad's lap, depending on the year :shobon:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I've let my trial expire and cancelled the account.

I imagine they are still a couple of weeks away from sorting out the kinks, especially with the xbox version. So I may aswell save one months worth of subscription and sign up before wrestlemania

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Phenix Rising posted:

What's the general consensus on Fall Brawl/War Games 97? I've always remembered Hennig smashing Flair's head in the cage door to be particularly brutal, but I haven't actually seen the match again since it originally aired on PPV. Was thinking of watching that today, but man, the rest of the card doesn't sound very good at all (aside from Eddy/Jericho for the Cruiserweight Title).

I don't know what the consensus is, but the finish pissed off my 11 year old self so much that I completely stopped watching WCW.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It probably wouldn't have been such a pisser if it hadn't just come on the back of that amazing My Spot promo from Arn Anderson. Then again the more I thought about it, that's pretty much exactly what Arn did to Dustin Rhodes, so.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

I've let my trial expire and cancelled the account.

I imagine they are still a couple of weeks away from sorting out the kinks, especially with the xbox version. So I may aswell save one months worth of subscription and sign up before wrestlemania

If Summerslam would have been a week or two later, I'd have done the same, but eh.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

so I just got done watching Undertaker/Mankind HIAC, and does anyone who was watching at the time remember the build for that match? It's weird seeing such a brutal match come about from less than a 4 week build, seeing as Mick was Dude Love and wrestling Austin the month before.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Retromancer posted:

so I just got done watching Undertaker/Mankind HIAC, and does anyone who was watching at the time remember the build for that match? It's weird seeing such a brutal match come about from less than a 4 week build, seeing as Mick was Dude Love and wrestling Austin the month before.

I don't remember the build up, but wasn't he just fired from the Corporation and acting kind of depressed and deranged?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Also, the brutality of that match came out of nowhere. If I remember right, it was only the 2nd HIAC match (?), and no one had ever seen anything like Foley getting thrown off the cage before. I can still remember sitting in my basement being completely shocked watching that. I'm pretty sure it would've been a standard PPV match in terms of build and eventual match if not for those crazy loving spots.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
At the time it was out of the blue with basically no expectation for what was coming. The lack of expectation was a big reason Foley thought they needed to go insane - it was a main event lead-in but had no real hype (audience or backstage). So Foley went ahead and told Taker to murder him for real.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The craziest thing to me is that those spots are like the first 2 things they do. It's nuts that Foley takes those bumps and then goes on to wrestle like a 7 minute match afterwords, to say nothing of the fact that he does a run in during the main event.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah the run in later on is just insane. Its so over the top unbelievable its almost more impressive than the hitc match. Like i can't imagine who has to go to Mick and talk about the run in after all that's happened and then there's a silence and Foley says ok and Jesus gently caress just think of something else cuz he takes a chair shot during the run in.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I was visiting family during that PPV and while flipping through channels found out they accidentally ordered it. I ran back into the living room at some part and told them Mankind was nearly dead.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Retromancer posted:

As I recall, the build was on the Raw before the PPV they were basically like, "Hey, this match"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As I recall, it was the same show where Dude Love had been fired for not beating Austin. Fast forward to the end of the show and Undertaker was against Kane in a #1 Contender match, Foley showed up as Mankind to put Taker down with the Claw (for the eleven millionth time), Kane won. So the setup for KotR was Taker wanting to beat seven shades of poo poo out of Foley.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Not entirely clear on how their old WCW/ECW vault works. Do episodes just get rotated through like 'This week watch ECW Hardcore TV #14!' and then that episode is gone and replaced by another episode the next week? Or are episodes of things getting added and left in the catalog to be viewed whenever you want?

edit; also any chance they'll put up things like Thunder or WCW Worldwide or are we strictly getting Nitros?

Burt Buckle fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 9, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Burt Buckle posted:

Not entirely clear on how their old WCW/ECW vault works. Do episodes just get rotated through like 'This week watch ECW Hardcore TV #14!' and then that episode is gone and replaced by another episode the next week? Or are episodes of things getting added and left in the catalog to be viewed whenever you want?

edit; also any chance they'll put up things like Thunder or WCW Worldwide or are we strictly getting Nitros?

I'm pretty sure the episodes remain; all 15 episodes of the original RAW are still up, as are the seemingly random 8 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV. I think the problem is that they don't always display properly. On my PS3, I couldn't find RAW Episode 14, and the search sucks so bad on that system's app that I couldn't find it by searching. On a computer, though, I was able to search and find the episode despite it not being displayed on the actual show page.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was, out of morbid curiosity, watching WCW Greed, their last PPV. It froze during a Kanyon/The Cat match.

okay

edit: lmao and there's some weird subplot where Dusty Rhodes ate a tray of 40 burritos

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 9, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Little Mac posted:

edit: lmao and there's some weird subplot where Dusty Rhodes ate a tray of 40 burritos

Now THAT I'd believe is a shoot.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm pretty sure the episodes remain; all 15 episodes of the original RAW are still up, as are the seemingly random 8 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV. I think the problem is that they don't always display properly. On my PS3, I couldn't find RAW Episode 14, and the search sucks so bad on that system's app that I couldn't find it by searching. On a computer, though, I was able to search and find the episode despite it not being displayed on the actual show page.

As far as I can tell, episodes 6 and 11 are not there at all. Episodes 1 and 14 are not in the list with the others, but can be found through search.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

It might take a while but they'll get around to Thunder. Worldwide and the other C shows are probably low priority.

Meltzer says the WCW stuff was "way more popular than [WWE] expected." :wcw:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i've been watching all the old wcw ppv's because all i used to watch was wwf

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Little Mac posted:

Are you sure Dusty didn't just eat a tray of 40 burritos on camera?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Holy poo poo Rob Bartlett is intolerable.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Holy poo poo Rob Bartlett is intolerable.

I apparently blocked him out of my memory, because it took rewatching the episodes for me to remember he did it. I still don't know why him over literally any other commentator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They seriously had Bobby Heenan running around doing dumb skits backstage while Bartlett was on commentary. What the hell is that?