Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The talk of recommended episodes makes me wonder again, as I am wont to do, if it would be worth it to make a new OP. I have some ideas for one but it'd be a few hours out of my life and I'm not sure it's at all necessary. I'm guessing no, but I'm thinking maybe I'll do it anyway one of these days (if caveman thug poo poo is okay with it).

cams posted:

On this, I do think Todd knows why it's funny, that's why he tells it. He's fine playing the character of the punching bag in these instances and does it very well.

Yeah, definitely. He plays that role a lot, especially with people like Scott and PFT who are good at poking fun at people. He's a weird guy (in a good way) and he enjoys a good ribbing, so it's kind of natural that he'd fall into that role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

When you gently caress as much pussy as Todd does you can let yourself be the butt of the joke now and then.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Cake Boss is getting a spin-off show on ABC.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Andy Daly did Jake Fogelnest's podcast on Thursday and it's really good if you want to hear Andy just shoot the poo poo and talk about comedy without doing characters.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Conduit for Sale! posted:

(if caveman thug poo poo is okay with it).

Absolutely. I still listen every week but rarely have anything to contribute here so go for it.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I hope the SXSW ep is a video one because:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Is he playing Inigo Montoya?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sheriff of Nottingham, according to his Twitter feed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

That's fine but my brain went straight to Inigo Montoya as well.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm sick of James Adomian.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I thought I was the only one.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

you guys are bad

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

Typical Hollyweird elitist.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I thought he worked with the crowd really well, I bet that would have been a blast to have been at live.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

This made me love him again

also comedy bang bang more like comedy buzz buzz amirite

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Same^

This is the first time in a while I've loved an appearance of an older Adomian character. I wish he'd do Leykis and Gordon Ramsey more.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I loved Adomian on this but Jonah Ray was a real snoozefest. That "Shallow Cut" joke really irritated me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to this one because I don't really like live episodes of podcasts or Jonah Ray, but James Adomian owns

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Woffle posted:

I loved Adomian on this but Jonah Ray was a real snoozefest. That "Shallow Cut" joke really irritated me.

I thought he was alright. Much like every other Jonah Ray podcast appearance. I didn't find myself wishing he wasn't there (unlike Matt Mira on that live ep of something he did with Matt Besser - dude wouldn't shut up), but I can't remember anything really funny that he said.

The Denver guy was surprisingly good though.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I thought Jonah was good, getting into mock fights with Scott is always a good way to make laugh

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought he was alright. Much like every other Jonah Ray podcast appearance. I didn't find myself wishing he wasn't there (unlike Matt Mira on that live ep of something he did with Matt Besser - dude wouldn't shut up), but I can't remember anything really funny that he said.

The Denver guy was surprisingly good though.

His group The Grawlix, or one of them, is eventually gonna be big. Their Amazon.com pilot last year was the only one that wasn't from a professional TV writer or Gary Trudeau.

I wish his name was Adam Clayton-Holland though, which would've made for some sweet, sweet U2 jokes.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's odd to me that Amazon pilots are still a thing. After the initial buzz, I never heard anything about that first batch again.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's odd to me that Amazon pilots are still a thing. After the initial buzz, I never heard anything about that first batch again.

Alpha House got renewed for its second season and it's really good. I haven't heard anything about Betas, but the pilot was kind of weak. Even Jon Daly didn't make me want to watch the rest of it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Not a joke: President Barack HUSSEIN Obamacare is appearing on Between Two Ferns tomorrow.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/03/obama-to-between-two-ferns-184882.html?hp=r6

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Not a joke: President Barack HUSSEIN Obamacare is appearing on Between Two Ferns tomorrow.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/03/obama-to-between-two-ferns-184882.html?hp=r6
From this article:

quote:

This isn't a "public relations gamble." It's betting the farm. Unless Galifianakis goes easy on the president and offers an uncharacteristically tame interview.
Someone should take whoever wrote this aside and explain to them how comedy works.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I watched it, and can still barely believe it exists. How can they ever follow that?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hopefully he does the podcast circuit next, I wanna see him on Improv4Humans

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He'd ace Who Said It.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The episode lists Scott as the director like always, so that's got to be a pretty crazy story that I hope he tells.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
It wasn't as bad as I expected.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Apparently funnyordie.com is #1 source of referrals to healthcare.gov right now (or so says @healthcaretara).

Man, Hot Saucerman.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

My only worry was that they couldn't get as funny as usual.

"What's it like to be the last black president?" holy poo poo

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee
From Scott's twitter:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Really, Choctaw, jeans? I know you know someone who could have told you how to dress nice when you're going to go meet the president.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Seriously, didn't the guy model for American Apparel for a couple of weeks?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poopy Palpy posted:

Really, Choctaw, jeans? I know you know someone who could have told you how to dress nice when you're going to go meet the president.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by this.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

urk the quack posted:

Seriously, didn't the guy model for American Apparel for a couple of weeks?

American Apparel nothing, where was Bonobos when we really needed them?!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Saucerman is a cool middle-aged business owner, of course he wears jeans when he could dress up.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He co-owns Earwolf. He is bound by start-up law to wear brown belts and brown shoes with jeans and a tucked in dress shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Interview with Scott about it - nothing mind-blowing, but pretty interesting.