Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Khaba posted:

I knew what was coming before I clicked that link. Damnit, that show was cut down before its time.

That show deserved to fail for having a combining robot that is impossible to make into a toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Full Flash costume reveal.

Awkward pose and photoshopping aside it looks like a Flash costume so good job TV people.

source

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waterhaul posted:

Awkward pose and photoshopping aside it looks like a Flash costume so good job TV people.

source

:gizz:

When is coming out? :suspense:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I always considered the Flash's costume to be by far the hardest to adept to a movie/series, mostly because it would always look to close to a scuba suit to actually work, so consider my deeply impressed. drat!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

source

drat that looks good. Curious how they are going to make his powers look though. While running really really really fast in comics allows artists to be creative I just fear it might come off goofy in live action (and yes I know it will be CGI but still).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

drat that looks good. Curious how they are going to make his powers look though. While running really really really fast in comics allows artists to be creative I just fear it might come off goofy in live action (and yes I know it will be CGI but still).

Based on the Arrow episode, I bet they'll do a lot more "Him moving at normal speed and everything else going in slow motion" than super speed effect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I heard they were trying out some new tech or techniques for superspeed for the Flash show, so they are at least aware of the issue of doing convincing super speed on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:gizz:

When is coming out? :suspense:

Still just a pilot, not even finished filming.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Aphrodite posted:

Still just a pilot, not even finished filming.

Yeah the big thing is that sure The Flash series may never actually take shape and he could just be relegated to guest extra on Arrow depending on how things go.

Though that does seem unlikely.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Medullah posted:

Based on the Arrow episode, I bet they'll do a lot more "Him moving at normal speed and everything else going in slow motion" than super speed effect.

They'll probably do both, but This definitely plays into Grant's dance/theater background.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah the big thing is that sure The Flash series may never actually take shape and he could just be relegated to guest extra on Arrow depending on how things go.

CW has a much lower ratings threshold for success than other networks, or even cable. Arrow, I think, is either their #2 or #3 show, Grant Gustin was very well received by fans and I know that Arrow fans are super psyched about it. Of course, the list of good live action superhero TV shows is exactly one name long, so it could be terrible and everyone could hate it. Then again, Smallville had 10 seasons, so I think that prospects are good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You have to give Smallville credit in that their super speed scenes and effects were very well done, so I'd have to imagine this team doing even better could be pretty sweet.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

greatn posted:

You have to give Smallville credit in that their super speed scenes and effects were very well done, so I'd have to imagine this team doing even better could be pretty sweet.

Well, besides the one scene where it's just a camera cut and poof he's gone.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

Well, besides the one scene where it's just a camera cut and poof he's gone.

You do have to admit that's pretty realistic from an outside observer's POV. Not exciting or dynamic or particularly fun to watch, but it's realistic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm talking more like the scenes where he wraps a lead vest around an exploding kryptonite bomb and runs it out of the hospital, or where he rescues Chloe from Cadmus to a weird strobe effect, or races the flash.

Even simple stuff like running down a highway looked decent enough.

I'm sure Flash will use the cheap "whoosh, camera cut, gone" effect as well because there's really no reason not to.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

greatn posted:

Even simple stuff like running down a highway looked decent enough.

Eh, I thought the 'aura' thing looked weird in practice but maybe I'm in the minority there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

WarLocke posted:

Eh, I thought the 'aura' thing looked weird in practice but maybe I'm in the minority there.

I was thinking more "fish eye lens, actor in front facing camera, composite onto low speed background highway traveling footage" effect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd say the gold standard for super speed on film is the Faora vs. soldiers fight in Man of Steel, but that may be a bit beyond a CW's show budget.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I assume he won't look like a bobsled player outside of weird-as-hell photography.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

zoux posted:

I'd say the gold standard for super speed on film is the Faora vs. soldiers fight in Man of Steel, but that may be a bit beyond a CW's show budget.

Yeah, I can't see the Flash fighting quite the same way (that combination of speed and strength was just brutal) but that's what I would point to for 'super speed done right'

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

ufarn posted:

I assume he won't look like a bobsled player outside of weird-as-hell photography.

I would presume so.

It was the same with Arrow where every promo piece things looked weird but were fine on screen.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

I was just going to post that. Definitely the best high speed fighting I've seen

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

Arrow's producers have said that if the Flash TV show doesn't happen Barry is moving to Starling and will just join Team Arrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Arrow's producers have said that if the Flash TV show doesn't happen Barry is moving to Starling and will just join Team Arrow.

They better hope that doesn't happen. There's literally no way to have Barry be a regular and not make Oliver totally obsolete.

:mad:"Shrapnel planted bombs all over town, I can't search the whole cit-"

:flashfact:"Done."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gaz-L posted:

They better hope that doesn't happen. There's literally no way to have Barry be a regular and not make Oliver totally obsolete.

:mad:"Shrapnel planted bombs all over town, I can't search the whole cit-"

:flashfact:"Done."

Remember, Barry Allan is a goofy nerd. Now he's got enough power to do cool stuff, but also to get himself into serious trouble.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Also, since this is going to be an origin story, he's not going to have full use and will probably be inconsistant as he learns what he can do.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And in stark contrast with the Flash, webpage, logo and description for Gotham

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

quote:

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), GOTHAM follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, JAMES GORDON (Ben McKenzie, “Southland,” “The O.C.”) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, BARBARA KEAN (Erin Richards, “Open Grave,” “Breaking In”), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend HARVEY BULLOCK (Donal Logue, “Sons of Anarchy,” “Terriers,” “Vikings,” “Copper”), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, BRUCE (David Mazouz, “Touch”), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss FISH MOONEY (Jada Pinkett Smith, “The Matrix” films, “HawthoRNe,” “Collateral”), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged SELINA KYLE/the future CATWOMAN (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and OSWALD COBBLEPOT/THE PENGUIN (Robin Lord Taylor, “The Walking Dead,” “Another Earth”).

Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain SARAH ESSEN (Zabryna Guevara, “Burn Notice”), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, ALFRED (Sean Pertwee, “Camelot,” “Elementary”). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

GOTHAM is based upon characters published by DC Comics and is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Executive producer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist”) wrote the pilot, which will be directed and executive-produced by Emmy Award nominee Danny Cannon (the “CSI” series, “Nikita”).

This is gonna be such a trainwreck.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
How many episodes until Gordon sleeps with Essen?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And in stark contrast with the Flash, webpage, logo and description for Gotham

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

This is gonna be such a trainwreck.

I was down with the first 2 paragraphs but then they went on about introducing the villains and it lost me. I don't mind a mention to Cobblepott here and there, but I worry that it might try jam goofy villains into a police procedural.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Cobblepot is pretty much the only one that makes sense since his family has history in Gotham.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea. Hell I could even accept mention of the Red Hood and his gang if they played it up being a complete shlub under the hood everytime but Joker wouldn't work without Batman and I would hate for them to try make it some random serial killer who becomes the Joker later on.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Bets on how long until a Joesph Kerr shows up in some fashion, I'll take before mid-season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Napier or Joe Chill?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Meanwhile in Canada, some blurry on-set Flash-in-costume photos are coming in. Blur puns unintentional.

And one that's a bit more clear.

Heck, one more for the road. Doesn't look quite as spandexy and skintight as in the promo shot, but I'm digging it either way.

Aiight gently caress all those, here are some HQ ones

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 12, 2014

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I am liking forward to making fun of a lovely Constantine show. At worst, I'm guessing it'll be drunk detective mage learns valuable lesson, or drunk wizard in an urban version of lost.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BrianWilly posted:

Meanwhile in Canada, some blurry on-set Flash-in-costume photos are coming in. Blur puns unintentional.

And one that's a bit more clear.

The suit looks amazing :flashfap:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So Shield was actually good with good plot moving along and a neat twist. Still a couple of incredibly dumb things(mainly that the villain could control men with voice, they knew this, and went in with zero countermeasures, and then didn't shoot her on sight).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also name dropped a bunch of alien races as Coulson asked Sif about any blue ones.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

They also name dropped a bunch of alien races as Coulson asked Sif about any blue ones.

She said one in particular had visited Earth before, and that the others hadn't, but I didn't catch the name of the one she said did. I don't think it was Kree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Waterhaul posted:

source

So um

Barry, did you... step on something on your way to stop crime?