Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Tzen posted:

More good Vikings players? :hawksin:

Apparently Paul Allen is never going to forgive them for the Hutchinson poison pill.

fake edit: nor should he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

wandler20 posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 51s
Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.

This is the worst day ever

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jesus Christ Broncos, hitting that window hard. Makes sense.

Also what, um, are the Patriots doing?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
^^^ Well I'm sure there are some Rutgers CBs entering the draft

Well that was unexpected. I wonder if he and Welker are going to get into a fight ;)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The next 2 Super Bowls are going to be Seahawks v Broncos and it's going to suck

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, I just saw that thing about Talib. Well, I'm going to go ahead and say no great loss. Decent talent but never liked his attitude or his effort to be honest. He wasn't the worst but he didn't really fit my ideal of the Patriot Way

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Am I just not remembering correctly but wasn't last years opening day of FA much more quiet?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo it never ceases to amaze me how stupid Raider fans outside of this website are. I feel bad for Houston and Veldheer. People are acting like they deserve vet minimum because "not like they were all-pros. Totally expendable."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Conquistador posted:

Wow, I just saw that thing about Talib. Well, I'm going to go ahead and say no great loss. Decent talent but never liked his attitude or his effort to be honest. He wasn't the worst but he didn't really fit my ideal of the Patriot Way

Ok now it's confirmed that you're a joke account

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Patriots are going to have to pay $$$ for Revis now.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I really didn't know the Broncos had THAT much cap room to make all these big moves.

Hot drat, Peyton might yet get that second (or third hopefully) ring.

Then the Browns dynasty will begin with 4 straight titles with Gordon, Cameron and Watkins blowing up defenses and Carlos Hyde chewing up yards with Hoyer or CARRorGARRAPOLOWHATEVERHISNAMEIS leading it all. :getin:

:negative:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The dolphins fans hatred of Martin is really, really weird.

I mean he is bad we get it.

edit: well the talib news kind of made this moot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Whatever sign all the big defensive FAs, Peyton is still going to choke away an important game

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why are people reacting towards that Talib deal as if it's not a massive overpay for a mediocre player? I mean granted, it probably improves the Broncos in the grand scheme of things but still, Talib isn't nearly as good as his rep.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Holy poo poo it never ceases to amaze me how stupid Raider fans outside of this website are. I feel bad for Houston and Veldheer. People are acting like they deserve vet minimum because "not like they were all-pros. Totally expendable."

I spend most of my working day educating Raiders fans online

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PantsFreeZone posted:

Patriots are going to have to pay $$$ for Revis now.

Thats what I'm hoping to be honest, and a big reason I don't mind Talib gone at all

Also, I am far from the only person who would be hesitant to take Talib on their team.

E: also this

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why are people reacting towards that Talib deal as if it's not a massive overpay for a mediocre player? I mean granted, it probably improves the Broncos in the grand scheme of things but still, Talib isn't nearly as good as his rep.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Classic Jets offseason. Our clueless GM sits around doing nothing while all the good FA's sign, we lose our starting RT, and Revis signs with the Pats!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eltoasto posted:

Jesus Christ Broncos, hitting that window hard. Makes sense.

Also what, um, are the Patriots doing?

Not giving $10m per for 6 years to the who keeps getting injured / arrested.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Volkerball posted:

This is still, and has been since it was made, one of the best sports forums on the web.

Whether that is saying something good about here or is a testimony to the horrible wasteland sports forums normally are, I don't know. Probably both.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

yeah it's not really hard to improve the Broncos defense

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
@AdamSchefter: And now with CB Aqib Talib a Bronco, Patriots figure to make a real push for Darrelle Revis.

Oooooooo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Donald Brown to the Chargers according to Rapaport.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is my basic position, but I have double hatred going on for Kansas and Denver so I can't be trusted here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's a pretty darn good player, just spent most of last year playing injured which he has spent a fair amount of time doing the past two years, so yeah.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Donald Brown to the Chargers according to Rapaport.

...Huh.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Dang, Broncos firing with all cannons so far. Looks like everybody has come to the "win now" philosophy especially with these aging HoF QBs

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

It allows the Patriots to sign Revis, which is the true crime.

Massive overpay for Talib

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's also a BAD guy with a rapsheet and an even longer medical file.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Am I just not remembering correctly but wasn't last years opening day of FA much more quiet?

I can't remember, the only thing that stands out was the whole Denver fax fiasco. It might have to do with the cap being raised, or it may be because some extremely high value free agents, namely young tackles and cornerbacks, all hit the market together.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blitz7x posted:

It allows the Patriots to sign Revis, which is the true crime.

It isn't a definite. The Patriots are cheap and Revis isn't going to give them a discount.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah, I'm not remotely surprised that he's on the Broncos right now but that contract with 26 guaranteed is pretty :stare:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ummm news has been traveling fast today and I might have missed it but what the gently caress is going on with Eric Decker / Michael Vick?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So how much does Denver have left for Ware

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PantsFreeZone posted:

It isn't a definite. The Patriots are cheap and Revis isn't going to give them a discount.

How are they cheap? They've spent to the cap every year for forever.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Anyone else notice that literally no team has shown interest in Eric Decker yet after all the talk of "HE'LL GET $10M A YEAR"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Ummm news has been traveling fast today and I might have missed it but what the gently caress is going on with Eric Decker / Michael Vick?

Not everyone has to sign within six hours of free agency beginning

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's kind of odd, don't you already have Matthews/Woodhead

A Man and his dog posted:

None of the top WR's have signed, it's kind of weird. I guess everyone is waiting on Decker to set the market.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

So how much does Denver have left for Ware

A lot

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 15s
Donald Brown's deal with Chargers is Gerhart-esque -- three years, $10.5 million, $4 million guaranteed, per source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

That's kind of odd, don't you already have Matthews/Woodhead

He'll replace the corpse of Ronnie Brown.

• Locked thread