Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yall getting upset at a dude who defended Aatrek, simmer down a bit.
I just read conquistador/mcmagic posts in the voices of Pete White and Billy Quizboy and it feels better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, no one actually believes the Pats will offer the most money to Revis right? He doesn't do discounts.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ryan Mallett is worth at least a few O's.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skip My Posts posted:

Okay got it. Thank you.

Like, I know that we give Pats fans a lot of poo poo for being mad about their really good team, but Pats fans were right to be pissed off about the way the Welker thing went down. Denver got him for pennies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was really happy when it came out that the Mallett to the Texans thing was very unlikely to happen

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalli posted:

Earlier today Mike Tanier was loving around with how dumb Free agency rumors are by fake tweeting about an imminent 3 team deal of Ryan Mallet Steve Smith and a 2nd round draft pick that some pats fans then went around crowing about as proof of Ryan Mallet's value.

:sigh:

That is great. I'm loathe to admit to it but there was a fake Jeff Ireland account that kept getting me by proclaiming he'd been fired. For like 2 years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Ozu posted:

I mean, no one actually believes the Pats will offer the most money to Revis right? He doesn't do discounts.

HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR A WINNER

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Magicpants posted:

:(
I really wanted Verner. Now we lost Talib. There's no way we outbid anyone else for Revis. This secondary is gonna suuuuuuck.

So, which Rutgers players are eligible for the draft?

All of Steve Belichick's drinking buddies have probably already graduated by now, so the Rutgers-Patriots pipeline might finally dry up.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I really want the Chargers to sign a corner.

What's their cap situation like? I wonder if they could feasibly make a play for Revis.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Like, I know that we give Pats fans a lot of poo poo for being mad about their really good team, but Pats fans were right to be pissed off about the way the Welker thing went down. Denver got him for pennies

BB is a giant baby.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

What happened?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If Revis somehow ends up on the Pats for less than $10m AAV then god is dead

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Revis isn't dumb and he likes money.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

What's their cap situation like? I wonder if they could feasibly make a play for Revis.

If the Saints can sign Byrd, the Chargers can sign Revis.

San Diego has like 6m~ but that isn't counting a Rivers re-structure that he said he'd do, Jarret Johnson's new deal, Eddie Royal's paycut, etc.

DRC would be nice.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's gonna go to the Raiders.

E: Revis

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Skip My Posts posted:

What do you guys think of swapping Whitner for Bethea?

I can't really judge Whitner's ability, but Bethea is a good safety. If the Colts had their choice, they would have jettisoned Landry into the sun and made Bethea the strong safety. As it was, Landry is stuck in place for another year and Bethea would not have been worth that money as a FS. Good tackler, durable, solid teammate. I was surprised he got the cash he did, but I don't think you will be disappointed in his play.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Skip My Posts posted:

What happened?

As I recall, he and Belichick had some kind of beef so the Patriots lowballed him during the exclusive negotiating period, signed Amendola almost immediately after free agency started and he signed with Denver for like half what they paid Amendola.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

He's gonna go to the Raiders.

No one is going to the Raiders

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grozz Nuy posted:

Donald Brown will be confused in San Diego because his quarterback won't be constantly swearing at him

GEE GOLLY DONALD

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah :(

Intruder posted:

I was really happy when it came out that the Mallett to the Texans thing was very unlikely to happen

I don't think there ever has been anything to that outside of Pats' fan fever dreams. Which is, if nothing else, consistent.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
NFL.com's reporting on the Talib signing thing and saying there's also talk flying around that the Bronco's are after Ware too.

How would they even have the cap space

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nilbop posted:

NFL.com's reporting on the Talib signing thing and saying there's also talk flying around that the Bronco's are after Ware too.

They had like 30m to spend

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

I don't think there ever has been anything to that outside of Pats' fan fever dreams. Which is, if nothing else, consistent.

Battle Red Blog seemed to take the rumor seriously

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Hey what's going o..............

:stare:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Donald Brown will be confused in San Diego because his quarterback won't be constantly swearing at him

He'll be perplexed at why his qb is always making dumb faces at him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

I can't really judge Whitner's ability, but Bethea is a good safety. If the Colts had their choice, they would have jettisoned Landry into the sun and made Bethea the strong safety. As it was, Landry is stuck in place for another year and Bethea would not have been worth that money as a FS. Good tackler, durable, solid teammate. I was surprised he got the cash he did, but I don't think you will be disappointed in his play.

He sounds a lot like Whitner. How is his coverage?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They have the room to sign the over the hill gang as long as they're at a "ringz" discount.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders are going after Raji. I'm buying that one Packer fan a goatse avatar.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora
Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Although isn't JLC the one who's always wrong?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know, whenever I hear Patriot Way I hear it in Teddy Bruschi's voice and picture him and it feels right, and it would feel weird not to capitalize it at that point I guess. Probably not many outside the pats nation that even really think of it I guess

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora
Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Revis has every reason to be open to everyone.

He could want to play in New England, he could be wanting to make the Jets FO poo poo themselves. He may want to convince the Jags / Raiders to pay him $15m per

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Skip My Posts posted:

Not as good, but he had a lot less talent around him in Indy than he'll have in SF and he commits a lot fewer penalties. The Niners projected starting safety duo committed zero penalties in 2013, despite both starting all 16 games.

e: Whitner also had a really lovely year in 2012, not sure what that was about comparison to 2011/2013. As long as Bethea plays better than that the Niners defense will be fine.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
I'm uh... I think that might have been a lot of money and a lot of years to give Talib if 57/6 is the real figure, considering that he's had a history of hip issues.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Okay Revis, I know the Raiders are offering you 25mil per, but we can give you 10, the chance to win a ring, and naming rights to Tom Brady's next child.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Skip My Posts posted:

Probably better than Whitner, as he was an above average deep safety.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
pats nation

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Intruder posted:

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

yes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"Join us Darrelle, we've got half of Rob Gronkowski and a box of wheat thins"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Intruder posted:

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

For the uninitiated, Revis' camp runs very sophisticated media leak campaigns. I don't believe a goddamn tweet about him until he signs. And whatever contract he signs will be good for 2 years max.

@HubbuchNYP
Cracking up at all the "Darrelle Revis would love to play for [fill in the blank]" tweets. Revis will love whoever pays him the most.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 12, 2014

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

an endless tide of poo poo stuck on route 1 northbound

Intruder posted:

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

well, I suppose you can hear yourself when you talk to yourself so he's not TECHNICALLY wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jason La Canfora is like the Skip Bayless of information.

• Locked thread