Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I dunno, his age 29 season seems like a bad time to be signing two year deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Ozu posted:

For the uninitiated, Revis' camp runs very sophisticated media leak campaigns. I don't believe a goddamn tweet about him until he signs. And whatever contract he signs will be good for 2 years max.

So much antipathy for the best CB your team has ever had

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Despite birthing Mel "Todd!" Kiper Jr Baltimore's biggest sports talk embarrassment is Jason La Canfora.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It seems pretty good strategic maneuvering to say you want to sign with the pats. Since theres a perception that people are willing to sign for less money to play here, thus making other teams feeling they have to throw more money at the solution because they're a less attractive destination.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

Probably better than Whitner, as he was an above average deep safety.

That's good to hear. I feel like that was whitner's biggest weakness.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

Raiders are going after Raji. I'm buying that one Packer fan a goatse avatar.

If the Raiders sign Raji, the Saffold deal ends up being almost impossible to get the full amount of money, they sign that Jets RT, sign DRC, grab a few DTs, grab a WR and announce Menelik Watson as the new stud LT I'll call today a wash

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So do agents just call up La Canfora and tell him some BS rumor to drive up the value of their clients?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Conquistador posted:

It seems pretty good strategic maneuvering to say you want to sign with the pats. Since theres a perception that people are willing to sign for less money to play here, thus making other teams feeling they have to throw more money at the solution because they're a less attractive destination.

This is probably not going to trick anyone beyond rivals.com posters

Intruder posted:

So do agents just call up La Canfora and tell him some BS rumor to drive up the value of their clients?

somewhere, Scott Boras nods sagely

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
LaCanfora is really good at leaking picks on draft day, I haven't found him to be particularly reliable for anything else beyond that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Serisothikos posted:

He's right though.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Conquistador posted:

Wow, I just saw that thing about Talib. Well, I'm going to go ahead and say no great loss. Decent talent but never liked his attitude or his effort to be honest. He wasn't the worst but he didn't really fit my ideal of the Patriot Way

Oh I get it you're Colin Cowherd IRL

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Serisothikos posted:

Best player we've ever had at any position.

I love Revis and I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I don't think for a second that he'd take less than top dollar or ever play out a contract though.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Things Darrelle Revis is interested in:

• Money

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

a possibility of Revis a Pat, MJD a Jet

This day rules and also:

Intruder posted:

I have a feeling the Texans are going to let most if not all of their FAs walk, sign some minimum salary level talent, and completely tank next season :sigh:

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
God bless Talib. Hell of a player, no way I'd want him for that contract. Dude played well and got paid, no hard feelings.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Best player we've ever had at any position.

I love Revis and I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I don't think for a second that he'd take less than top dollar or ever play out a contract though.

Completely agree with this. Revis is actually a very easy guy to predict what he's going to do and he's completely honest about it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah that's insane

quote:

@BenVolin: The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is highest ever for a CB.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

• Money

And good on him for it, you gotta make what you can while you can still play. I dunno if he has any ambitions after his NFL career is over, though.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Detroit_Dogg posted:

• Money

He might be interested in not playing in a sea of MRSA

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah that's insane

they're not so much hitting the window as removing the entire wall surrounding it

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
Schaub not a Jet

@RapSheet
It seemed obvious to link #Jets to Matt Schaub when he’s released by the #Texans. But source tells me that won’t happen. #Crossthemoff

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

And good on him for it, you gotta make what you can while you can still play. I dunno if he has any ambitions after his NFL career is over, though.

Oh I have no complaints with him going after money, he's a premier talent and should get whatever he's worth.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Homestar Runner posted:

Schaub not a Jet

@RapSheet
It seemed obvious to link #Jets to Matt Schaub when he’s released by the #Texans. But source tells me that won’t happen. #Crossthemoff

Also makes no sense. Not like anything the Jets do makes any sense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

Schaub not a Jet

@RapSheet

Somebody take Schaub :smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

If the Raiders sign Raji, the Saffold deal ends up being almost impossible to get the full amount of money, they sign that Jets RT, sign DRC, grab a few DTs, grab a WR and announce Menelik Watson as the new stud LT I'll call today a wash

Raji has nothing left IMO, and he'll probably end up overpaid. I think Reggie is looking for a lot of things in players that aren't "is a good player." It's bumming me out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Homestar Runner posted:

Oh I get it you're Colin Cowherd IRL
Some people are "get you breakfast" guys. Some people are "get me breakfast" guys. I've been saying it every day, said it to my wife yesterday. Guy in the mailroom shows up 2 minutes late every morning, leaves at about 4:45. I know it because I see him outside my window. He's a "get you breakfast" guy. And that's why he's still in the mailroom. Aqib Talib.. will not get you breakfast. Doesn't play by those rules. Thought he was excellent in New England. Great tackler. Works hard. Been telling my girlfriend this constantly. But at the end of the day, Aqib Talib will NOT get you breakfast. And that's why he's somewhere else right now.

Just made myself hungry. *wav file of chomp sound* I'll have to get some lunch after I call 1-800-Flowers dot com. Keyword Colin.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hate free agency. gently caress today :suicide:

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

ironically the Jets were one of the few teams I haven't heard Schaub linked to, it was always Oakland or Cleveland as frontrunners

I just want him to go somewhere, do well, and be happy :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Homestar Runner posted:

Schaub not a Jet

@RapSheet

Speaking of which why the gently caress is Schaub still a Texan

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Intruder posted:

Speaking of which why the gently caress is Schaub still a Texan

I heard they were holding off until June 1st to make a decision

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I heard they were holding off until June 1st to make a decision

I wish they'd just take the full dead money hit this year so they can afford to reup JJ after next season

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some people are "get you breakfast" guys. Some people are "get me breakfast" guys. I've been saying it every day, said it to my wife yesterday. Guy in the mailroom shows up 2 minutes late every morning, leaves at about 4:45. I know it because I see him outside my window. He's a "get you breakfast" guy. And that's why he's still in the mailroom. Aqib Talib.. will not get you breakfast. Doesn't play by those rules. Thought he was excellent in New England. Great tackler. Works hard. Been telling my girlfriend this constantly. But at the end of the day, Aqib Talib will NOT get you breakfast. And that's why he's somewhere else right now.

Just made myself hungry. *wav file of chomp sound* I'll have to get some lunch after I call 1-800-Flowers dot com. Keyword Colin.

Uncanny :aaaaa:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

[go to] Oakland or Cleveland

be happy

impossible

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

haha, touche

Intruder posted:

I wish they'd just take the full dead money hit this year so they can afford to reup JJ after next season

same

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
I am still in shock over that Byrd signing. This team is going to be so hosed in the future, but once Brees leaves/retires it's going to be vintage lovely Saints football either way.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I wouldn't say Raji has 'nothing left' but he's definitely done in Green Bay. He was frustrated with our defensive coordinator and scheme for years and yet continued to play and never uttered a peep. In the right 4-3 scheme, he could be a very solid player, and he could probably play well until his age 33 season.

Unfortunately for him, his value will never be lower than it is right now, and that's partly his fault for dogging it last season, but as I said, he was just burnt out in Green Bay.

I still like him, and I hope he succeeds elsewhere. If someone can lock him in at a low price for 4 seasons, I expect they'll be very happy about it down the line.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Talib never makes me protein shakes in the morning :smith:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That Talib contract is terrible, yikes

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Nodoze posted:

That Talib contract is terrible, yikes

It's win now at apparently any cost, I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The Raiders signed Austin Howard

• Locked thread