Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

@JeffDarlington: Hickey says he and some players dined with Branden Albert last night: "The happiest person at the dinner table was Ryan Tannehill."

hahahaha

Likely because someone gave him dinosaur chicken nuggets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Eagles should sign Ware AND Tuck and we can have the most awkward NFC East year ever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seahawks just cut Chris Clemons.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Kalli posted:

Hmmmm. Allen incoming?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Eagles should sign Ware AND Tuck and we can have the most awkward NFC East year ever

They should. It'd be great. NFC East is always entertaining.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

He isn't close to the player Byrd is but Maybe Idzik won't ignore him cause he's from seattle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Man... He was our only pass rusher for so long that it is going to be weird without him. He still definitely has a year or two left, so if someone uses him right he can absolutely be productive.

Have fun in Jacksonville, Clemons.

mcmagic posted:

He isn't close to the player Byrd is but Maybe Idzik won't ignore him cause he's from seattle.

Wrong Clemons. This is a 30 year old pass rusher, not a safety.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Boba Phat posted:

Hmmmm. Allen incoming?

Allen reportedly wont take a pay cut so unlikely.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shyfted One posted:

They should. It'd be great. NFC East is always entertaining.
Cris Collinsworth is already gettin a boner just writing up his Here's a Guy summaries

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Kalli posted:

Man imagine if it was legal to award contracts like Bobby Bonilla's in the NFL.

Now I'm happy again :allears:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Comfortador posted:

Hah I just realized Golden Tate is going to be getting schmoozed during this clusterfuck of a snowstorm. He's going to be like "gently caress this wasteland I'm out of here"

Didn't he play college ball at notre dame? He's familiar with snowy wastelands.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Chris Clemons, safety of the Dolphins, is not the guy being released. This one is a defensive end.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

Allen reportedly wont take a pay cut so unlikely.

Now that Denver is likely making a play for Ware it could be that he doesn't have a choice. I'm not sure what other teams would be that high on signing Allen.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

How the hell have the Colts spent that much so far?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HappyHelmet posted:

Now that Denver is likely making a play for Ware it could be that he doesn't have a choice. I'm not sure what other teams would be that high on signing Allen.

Yeah, his money for what amounts to a situational pass rusher these days ain't gonna happen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

commy gun posted:

Jim Irsay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arent they saving money by not having a #1 this year.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Doltos posted:

What a salty rear end in a top hat. The Giants have a huge question mark at HB and needed rotational rush help at OLB. They also signed the best guard in FA and had a massive, massive hole at guard. He's knocking them because they should have had hindsight and signed these guys a year ago? gently caress off with that noise.

The point he was making is that if the Giants want these guys they should sign the 750,000 dollar versions of them and not the $8 million dollar versions. You don't wanna end up like the Cowboys, gutting your team because you gave too much money to mediocre players.

But as an Eagles fan I love these moves. :getin:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

euphronius posted:

The worst way to save money

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

commy gun posted:

Punting and Kicking is very important in Indiana.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

HappyHelmet posted:

Yeah, he said that if he doesnt get the money he wants he's just going to retire.. So we might have seen the last of Jared Allen in the NFL.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

euphronius posted:

Not for a few years now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

commy gun posted:

Re-signed Vontae Davis, signed Arthur Jones and D'Qwell Jackson.

Threw some money at their punter, kicker and Ahmad Bradshaw as well.

I think that's all the moves they made?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

commy gun posted:

Well they are probably counting Davis, Jones. Jackson, McAfee, Bradshaw, vinny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Chris Clemons, safety of the Dolphins, is not the guy being released. This one is a defensive end.

Oh NM then haha. We're just going to play with one safety this season I guess.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Sick of finding out his own news on twitter, @DarrenSproles takes control of his deal. He told @JosinaAnderson: “I want to get released.”

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

euphronius posted:

That won't save them money for a while since they're paying...hahah....hahahahaha they're paying Trent Richarhahahahah

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Good for him. Its pretty lovely that the Saints took away his choice of where to go next without telling him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Trade for Cousins as a backup so we can have the castoffs from every team in the division.

Is there anything to the Ware/Revis rumors with the Eagles? Last time we signed a big name free agent it blew up in our face so I'm a bit worried :ohdear:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

If theres one word that you can describe the NFC East as it would be incestuous

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Blitz7x posted:

^^^^^ tbh it never leaves it. I'm like wheez da roux but with michelob ultra

So what you're saying is the Raiders defense next year could be this?

Hayen - Woodson - Branch - Revis
Woodley - Roach - Burnett/Moore
Clemons - Melton - Raji - Tuck

That is some Madden poo poo with 6 new players and a brand new line. But I would not be mad.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Revis told the Raiders not to bother.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Toymachine posted:

That is some Madden poo poo with 6 new players and a brand new line. But I would not be mad.

You're doing this thing where you're raising your expectations of the Oakland Raider Football Club and I don't recommend it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Revis told the Raiders not to bother.

I don't believe this. Revis would play for the Taliban team if they paid him 16M per. He probably said no to a restructure.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

Yeah, he said that if he doesnt get the money he wants he's just going to retire.. So we might have seen the last of Jared Allen in the NFL.

I find that a little hard to believe. I think if Seattle offered him something like 2 years and 8 million plus the opportunity to play on a team that has good odds to make the playoffs he'd take it.

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Toymachine posted:

Stop telling yourself this, I worry for your liverdamage.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

HappyHelmet posted:

I find that a little hard to believe. I think if Seattle offered him something like 2 years and 8 million plus the opportunity to play on a team that has good odds to make the playoffs he'd take it.

You may be right but I still always kind of roll my eyes a bit when people say that players who want fair value will surely take less than that to play for MY team!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell did the Chargers sign Donald Brown? It's a deep position and they were hurting for cap space to begin with.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
CB Terrell Thomas and RB Andre Brown are also at the Raiders today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

You may be right but I still always kind of roll my eyes a bit when people say that players who want fair value will surely take less than that to play for MY team!

that's because your team sucks :smug:

But really some players want to move on to contenders and get a ring, and it would be really cool if Seattle, or anyone really, could do that for Allen.

• Locked thread