Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Manning will restructure his deal however they need it to push his cap hit farther out, aka Colts burning through 40 million in dead money two or three years ago and sucking for Luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Quest For Glory II posted:

I have bad news, time traveller from 15 years ago

I meant this coming season, jerk :mad:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

This is what happens when you ask for "anything".

I guess I lowered my standards a bit too much, huh?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Brannock posted:

The Bears seem weirdly active in free agency. Am I just imagining things? The NFC North typically aren't heavy participators in free agency, but I've seen the Bears come up frequently the past couple days.

Its inflated by the fact that they had like over 20 free agents from the 2013 roster. The Bears needed to be active just to have 53 men on the roster for 2014.

Edit:

Also here are some fun Panthers facts:

quote:

@joshkatzowitz 2m

W/out Steve Smith, here are the Panthers WRs right now. King, McNutt, Pilares, Webb, Bersin, Clemons. They combined for 0 catches in '13.

Cam doesn't deserve this.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
gently caress this dumb team

Mike Valenti ‏@MikeValenti971 1m
Per Former NFL Agent Joel Correy on cbssports Tate will get 5yr $35M, 17.5M guaranteed, $22.5M first 3yr. Dear god.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Holy gently caress Carolina. If this holds WRs in the first and third will be mandatory.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I'm gonna guess the official was from Kansas City

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Giants locked up Schwartz for 4 years 16.8 million.

That'll do, Reese. That'll do

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Per Former NFL Agent Joel Correy on cbssports Tate will get 5yr $35M, 17.5M guaranteed, $22.5M first 3yr. Dear god.
This is basically the same contract I want Decker to sign.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

TheChirurgeon posted:

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1m
Cowboys adding DE Jeremy Mincey as well. He can play LDE and RDE.

No word yet on compensation.

Lose Ware and gain a 30 year old malcontent with 20 career sacks. Cool. Any chance we keep Spencer or is this defense going to somehow be even worse?

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Chris Gaines posted:

I doubt it. We already have an old OLB in Tamba Hali and no cap room.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Golden Tate right? That seems really uh, high

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chris Gaines posted:

Yeah, I bet KC wanted a 13mil/year edge rusher to back up either Hali or Houston

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Kalli posted:

Golden Tate right? That seems really uh, high

Well they need a #2 receiver and drafting one would be too easy so

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ok san diego then

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris Gaines posted:

I don't know how you can read that about a declining front-7 defensive player and not immediately assume it was Oakland.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Glennon Time is over.

@AdamSchefter
Bucs gave former Bears QB Josh McCown a two-year deal worth $10 million -- $4.75M this year $5.25M next year, per sources.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hahahaha

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Lose Ware and gain a 30 year old malcontent with 20 career sacks. Cool. Any chance we keep Spencer or is this defense going to somehow be even worse?

Meh. They need to retain Hatcher and nab Spikes so we can use the first on Clinton-Dix...

Then we'll go back to the front 7 in 2nd and 3rd round.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That makes 2/2 for the Bucs having a McKown at QB.

Is he an automatic upgrade over Glennon or is this just for competition in camp?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Searching Twitter for "Broncos 19-0" is the most enjoyable thing I've done all day.

Oh you sweet summer children :allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ozu posted:

Glennon Time is over.

@AdamSchefter
Bucs gave former Bears QB Josh McCown a two-year deal worth $10 million -- $4.75M this year $5.25M next year, per sources.

That's not bad at all. Wish the Texans could have matched it for that price

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Okay to be fair that's just what the CBS guy expects his target range to be, nothing official.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Ozu posted:

Glennon Time is over.

@AdamSchefter

I'm pretty hyped to watch Bears South.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Is it possible some of these ridiculous overpays (ie Tate) are happening because teams know that the cap is going to shoot up drastically the next three years or so? Because Christ that is way too much for Golden loving Tate.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears: Lions

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Call me crazy but "former NFL agent on CBS Sports" doesn't sound like an airtight source.

In other words, this smells like bullshit and I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
Tate got how much? Edelman must be elated.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

MindlessHavok posted:

Is he an automatic upgrade over Glennon or is this just for competition in camp?

Yes. No matter who you're talking about.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^^^ Glennon was not terrible at all last year. He's not great, but he also wasn't bad...kinda like McCown.

MindlessHavok posted:

That makes 2/2 for the Bucs having a McKown at QB.

That's the question. He has been terrible his entire career up until Trestman came there last year so we have to wait and see.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Hey, at least it's not Brandon Tate.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Professor Funk posted:

Is it possible some of these ridiculous overpays (ie Tate) are happening because teams know that the cap is going to shoot up drastically the next three years or so? Because Christ that is way too much for Golden loving Tate.

Whats so bad about him

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Why is everyone so down on Glennon? He's a rookie who threw for 19TDs and 9INTs.

Yea the TD/INT ratio isn't everything but that's loving impressive for a rookie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ok I said Tate was a serviceable #2 because of his route running ability but not 7m a year serviceable

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

Whats so bad about him

He's not worth $23m guaranteed?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Bundt Cake posted:

Whats so bad about him

Locker-making GBS threads aside, you mean?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

some of them, sure. This one, no. This one is just stupid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Tate's normal market value was probably in the $6m per range. I don't really see $7m/High-end #2 money as all that outrageous considering there were other teams with ample cap space waiting to get him out of Detroit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You guys, there's literally no deal yet. That post was just some agent pulling numbers out of his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Giants locked up Schwartz for 4 years 16.8 million.

That'll do, Reese. That'll do

That's a better contract than what I was expecting.

Losing Joseph kinda sucks but on the whole I'm liking the Giants off-season so far.

• Locked thread