Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jason Campbell also released

I'd love to swap Chase Daniel for him but that ain't happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens are out of the Steve Smith hunt. Apparently his agent told Baltimore that Smith had reached an agreement with another team which will be announced shortly.
Quack quack?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens are out of the Steve Smith hunt. Apparently his agent told Baltimore that Smith had reached an agreement with another team which will be announced shortly.

Good news if only because a Smith and Smith WR tandem would be weird.

How is this possible if he hasn't even been released?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jason Campbell is another guy that should be starting through Halloween so Bridgewater doesn't die.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Jason Campbell also released

I'd love to swap Chase Daniel for him but that ain't happening

It would probably be a cheaper deal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm pretty okay with the contract. I mean, my fever dream of Sammy Watkins was really cool but yeah.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

zimbomonkey posted:

How is this possible if he hasn't even been released?

"Legal tampering" again? Either way gently caress off Gettleman. From what I read they never approached him for a renegotiated contract.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm pretty okay with the contract. I mean, my fever dream of Sammy Watkins was really cool but yeah.

Mayhew should trade up for Watkins anyway. :unsmigghh:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Quest For Glory II posted:

Of course they're expected to be, just like they were expected to be in the mix for Byrd before they signed Average McHighmotor

No way they get Revis. Fletcher, Williams and Boykin were perfectly serviceable corners last year, and the problems with the defense didn't originate in the secondary. Why overpay for a guy who isn't going to fix the source of the problem?

StarcraftM posted:

Also GTFO Sopoaga, you were worse than useless

Err, really? He was a pretty average NT for us when we traded him. Maybe you're just spoiled by years of Vince Wilfork?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Bucs press conference introducing the new free agent signings is on right now at Buccaneers.com

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sopoaga sucked and our secondary also sucks except for Boykin

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Err, really? He was a pretty average NT for us when we traded him. Maybe you're just spoiled by years of Vince Wilfork?

He was mediocre and injured most of the time we had him. A bit unfair to say he was terrible, but he wasn't on the field much.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
According to NFL.com, the Colts and Ravens are talking to Alex Mack.

Oh please dark lord :allears:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

On what planet do we need help at receiver

We have a #1 who doesn't really run a full route tree, but is a great deep threat. Thats not a knock on him, thats just how Pit used him. Hes def matured though and gotten better. However, Tannehill cant throw deep, like at all, even with Wallace stacking a db and nothing between him and the endzone. At this moment he is a very expensive decoy that doesn't always call for a safety over the top because, well, Tannehill can't reliably hit him. Im a believer in Tannehill though, and hopefully during training camp he learns to hit Wallace. I like our #1.

Our #2 is a white guy not named Wes Welker or Jordy Nelson who has reliable hands, runs good routes, but lacks speed, explosion and playmaking ability. He is a chain mover, and we could absolutely do worse for a #2, but we could also do alot better. He tore his PCL. I would like to see us do better here.

Mr. Gibson, our #3/slot was a stud. He consistently converted third downs, made great catches and was a great asset to the team. He tore his patella tendon, so who knows how well he will recover, or when he can be 100% again. I would like insurance at this position. When healthy though, Gibson is amazing.

So a deep guy, and 2 dudes coming off knee injuries makes me nervous.

Everyone after that blows, and Rishard Matthews one game explosion doesn't make me trust him since he was uninspiring for the rest of the season.

Im not saying go out and take a WR in the first, or even sign a marque free agent. I think we have much much bigger holes like all the LB spots, #2 corner, and 3 holes on the o-line, but I would very much like to see some money throw at a middle tier #2/3 receiver who can bring some health and playmaking ability to the squad. I want some quality depth or insurance here at the least. We have the cap room to go after a James Jones, and I'd love to see him here. He was great for the pack last year. If the fins go into the season with their X,Y and slot being Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson I would be concerned.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I keep waiting for some news about the Packers making some free agency moves, but apparently they're going to do jack poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nail Rat posted:

According to NFL.com, the Colts and Ravens are talking to Alex Mack.

Oh please dark lord :allears:

Doesn't his tag mean the Colts would have to give up a first? How does that work when they don't have a first? A 2015 first then?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

Doesn't his tag mean the Colts would have to give up a first? How does that work when they don't have a first? A 2015 first then?

Its only a transitional tag iirc

edit: Basically the Colts can make an offer, but the Browns have the right to match it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Vertical Lime posted:

He's back on the bottle

Joe Namath ‏@RealJoeNamath
What other QB that may become available is better than Mark Sanchez?

Good news! There's already a QB under contract with the Jets who's better than Mark Sanchez. Possibly two!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting.

@McClain_on_NFL
Matt Schaub is better than any QB who was or is on the market. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leon Einstein posted:

I keep waiting for some news about the Packers making some free agency moves, but apparently they're going to do jack poo poo.

Are you surprised by this? That's been their MO for like the last ten years.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

Interesting.

@McClain_on_NFL
Matt Schaub is better than any QB who was or is on the market. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Has Houston finally wised up and gotten on board the Clowney train

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Bad Moon posted:

Donut shops' security in Detroit all go collectively on red alert.

Goodbye Tate, I'll always love you for making a completely legitimate game winning catch against the Packers :unsmith:

Tate will be stopped at the Canada-US border in Detroit trying to come back from Windsor with contraband Tim Horton's timbits.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Interesting.

@McClain_on_NFL

I tend to agree with this.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Quest For Glory II posted:

Sopoaga sucked and our secondary also sucks except for Boykin

Williams and Fletcher are pretty average, but they're not being asked to cover top receivers 1-on-1. It's a fairly passive scheme that doesn't demand top-flight DBs.

That being said, I would love if they grabbed Revis. Just not if they had to pay Revis-level money for him. And that's not going to happen.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The Colts definitely won't put more money into the front seven or corners, and they have 18 million, so I could honestly see them offering Mack close to 10 million a year and then trying to draft a safety and a guard.

They haven't filled many holes with quality guys, but until they cut the stopgaps they have in place, for better or worse center's one of the few places left.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I tend to agree with this.

On this we agree.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
If Washington can finish up free agency with Carlos Rogers and safety Chris Clemons and then call it a day I'd be totally psyched. Really anything to get most of that abomination of a secondary out forever.

They're going to resign Brandon Meriweather aren't they.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I consider Cary Williams well below average considering his skills consist primarily of committing pass interference but we also don't even know if he's staying on roster yet (his salary becomes guaranteed on the 16th).

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

The Colts definitely won't put more money into the front seven or corners, and they have 18 million, so I could honestly see them offering Mack close to 10 million a year and then trying to draft a safety and a guard.

They haven't filled many holes with quality guys, but until they cut the stopgaps they have in place, for better or worse center's one of the few places left.

To be honest, they might just hope that Donald Thomas is healthy and try Hugh Thornton at RG, though they'll definity draft some interior OL. I'd LOVE to get Mack though. That'd be sweet.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 38s
WR Emmanuel Sanders set to visit the Bucs following his visit with the Jags, today.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
As a Raiders fan, I would like to fast forward to the draft.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@LaMarrWoodley
Heading to oak for a visit... Always best to follow the money.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah, there just aren't any safeties left on the market worth big money, and Grigson seems to prefer veteran Olinemen as his starters. I had been advocating going after EDS, but if Mack is there for the taking then he's absolutely worth a strong push. Drafting a FS in the second seems pretty likely at this point.

Edit:

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen · 4m
So, on Alex Mack... It's murky, and I don't know how realistic it is, but I hear you would be wise to not ignore the smoke. #Colts

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

EvilBeard posted:

To be honest, they might just hope that Donald Thomas is healthy and try Hugh Thornton at RG, though they'll definity draft some interior OL. I'd LOVE to get Mack though. That'd be sweet.

Well they're going to blow ten million more on free agents, and looking at what's available, Mack makes more sense. There's not a safety who's a longterm starter left, and the wideouts available wouldn't be worth splurging. Mack would be.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Ozu posted:

@LaMarrWoodley

Least he's honest.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Ozu posted:

@LaMarrWoodley

Raiders sign Lamarr Woodley to a 5 year 100 million contract, all guaranteed.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Least he's honest.

The real tweet

quote:

LaMarrWoodley ‏@LaMarrWoodley 5m
Heading to oak for a visit

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Who the gently caress is Joe Mays?

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
KC signs Joe Mays to 2 years 6 mil. Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

The real tweet
Whoops. I hate people who separate their comments with ellipses.

• Locked thread