Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

What a deliciously Browns thing to do..

laughing pretty hard about Rex being on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Packers fought off #Cardinals RT @mneal96: Hi Green Bay!!! I'll enjoy your winters for two more years!!

also sign rex, why the gently caress not

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

superaielman posted:

Also, any Packer fan going full retard about Ted Thompson not overspending in free agency needs to take a deep breath and remember that he's done an excellent job in drafting Aaron Rodgers who is keeping the Packers competitive in spite of bleeding talent and an appalling amount of injuries. (Not so much here, but man the JSonline comment section is a thing to behold)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Burger Trench posted:

Hey, the Bills signed a pretty good cornerback! Turns out he's a Buffalo native to boot!

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 6m
CB Corey Graham agreed to a 4yr, $16 m deal with the #Bills, source confirmed.

Gonna miss Graham. Good signing for the Bills.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Burger Trench posted:

Hey, the Bills signed a pretty good cornerback!
:snicker:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

@DawgsByNature
Someone on Reddit says #Browns leaked free agent board when Farmer came out for the presser...

You know what though Ben Tate would probably be way better than what they've had for RB the last few years.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Andio posted:

With Collins, Ted Ginn, Charles Tillman, the Pats LB and Emmanuel Sanders visiting some space may be required.

I think Collins is their number one target, but like relentless said, if they sign him that's probably it for Penn (7 million). Tillman is the other obvious choice and I got to believe they sign him, but I don't think he's going to get more than 4 million a year. They're going to try to sign one of Ginn or Sanders but they're both obviously #3 receivers so at most another 4 million a year. They also only have 5 draft picks this year so they don't need quite as much money for those guys. It might be tight but I'd be against getting rid of Koenen if its at all possible to keep him.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Grossman2Edelman

Grossman & Edelman sounds like a lawfirm or a diamond dealer.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
That board is just screaming for a Draw Play

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Verisimillipede posted:

What a deliciously Browns thing to do..

laughing pretty hard about Rex being on there

I've been told for weeks by Browns insiders that Grossman is the ideal veteran backup for the new scheme going in. That or Schaub. I've come to terms with it. Hell, it guarantees him another gig as a starter when the Browns go through their annual 3 QBs per season cycle.

:shrug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In news that I'm sure will be earth-shattering, DE Chris Clemons is visiting the Jaguars.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

A Pale Horse posted:

Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I was sort of expecting a disaster, especially with Licht being another New England product and after his introductory press conference in which he came off as completely amateurish. The proof will be in the play next year, but right now I'm cautiously optimistic.

The only thing that has me concerned is with them spending up to the cap limit is it will leave no money to renegotiate McCoy and David next year. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Well they can cut Goldson and/or Carl Nicks and save 18$ mil which can be used on David and McCoy. They could also restructure Vincent Jackson since his number is close to 12$mil per year in 2015. This is all without any cap increase which is guaranteed to happen.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I forgot Joe Mays was the guy who brutalized Schaub. That's just great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

@DawgsByNature
Someone on Reddit says #Browns leaked free agent board when Farmer came out for the presser...

I wonder why Moats is in brackets

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Well they can cut Goldson and/or Carl Nicks and save 18$ mil which can be used on David and McCoy. They could also restructure Vincent Jackson since his number is close to 12$mil per year in 2015. This is all without any cap increase which is guaranteed to happen.

Cutting Nicks and Goldson actually would only save ~$2m. I think VJax just restructured last year but he would still save around $5m.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Buccaneers&Year=2014

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

DangerKat posted:

I am curious if they would use Melton to run some more 3-4 looks or set up big bodies across the line while moving Griffen/Robison around the field.

Munnerlyn is appealing - would also be nice if they'd look into DRC.

I believe that Melton was used as a 3-4 DE in college, but he's been used as a 4-3 UT in the pros. If the Vikings use some 3-4 looks, then he can play DE in that scheme, but his best use would be rotating in with Floyd and Joseph and lining up at NT in obvious passing situations.

Also of note, Sharrif Floyd did line us as a 3-4 DE in college and is capable in playing in either front.

Dexo posted:

Melton has absolutely no use to anyone in a 3-4. He is a 3 Tech DT Full Stop.

If the Vikings are switching to a 3-4 and picking up Melton then they have fuucked up.

The Vikings aren't switching to a 3-4, but there have been talk about them using some 3-4 looks at time, so Melton and Floyd lining up occasionally as 5-techniques wouldn't be too big of a deal. They'll also still need to add at least one more DT, so it may not even be Melton lining up as a 5-technique if they use those fronts.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow wasn't Nicks the best guard ever when you signed him? Has he regressed that badly?

Also that was obviously some sneaky poo poo by the Browns with their fake leaked draft board, very cunning you guys.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Cutting Nicks and Goldson actually would only save ~$2m. I think VJax just restructured last year but he would still save around $5m.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Buccaneers&Year=2014

I was talking about 2015: http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Buccaneers&Year=2015

Although, the cap hit is 18mil but they'll only have 13 of that available after the cuts.

Eltoasto posted:

Wow wasn't Nicks the best guard ever when you signed him? Has he regressed that badly?

Also that was obviously some sneaky poo poo by the Browns with their fake leaked draft board, very cunning you guys.

No he's almost dead from loving MRSA. They're seeing if he can go this year, I was talking about cutting him for 2015.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm just hoping Gerald doesn't want something ridiculous like 15mil/per but that's entirely possible.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Eltoasto posted:

Word is that it was a board for the video production team, so it's certainly relevant but I'm guessing brackets are around guys they expected to be off the market quickly? Moats would be red because Pettine already knows him, I'd think.

Also, the quintessential Cleveland picture from someone taking 480 to go to Berea for the press conference:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eltoasto posted:

Well thanks to MRSA he has nerve issues in his toe. He is supposedly doing better and might be able to return this year.

I was talking about 2015: http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Buccaneers&Year=2015

Although, the cap hit is 18mil but they'll only have 13 of that available after the cuts.

No he's almost dead from loving MRSA. They're seeing if he can go this year, I was talking about cutting him for 2015.

Ah, gotcha.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 27m
The #Lions offense is going to be really, really good.

Yup, Golden Tate sure is going to push them over the edge and Stafford won't make dumbass throws anymore, I'm convinced!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 27m
The #Lions offense is going to be really, really good.

Yup, Golden Tate sure is going to push them over the edge and Stafford won't make dumbass throws anymore, I'm convinced!

I mean it's been really good the last few years with only one receiver to throw to, so yea he's right especially if Caldwell can do anything to reign in Stafford.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

especially if Caldwell can do anything to reign in Stafford.

Not very likely.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Yep, looks about right.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
When has Caldwell done anything ever?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Homestar Runner posted:

When has Caldwell doing anything ever?

Agreed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Homestar Runner posted:

When has Caldwell done anything ever?

Well he did ensure the next decade of successful Colts franchises

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Agreed.
hahaha

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nevermind i forgot that schwartz isn't caldwell.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Oh man, I forgot Detroit took Caldwell from the Ravens so they didn't have to fire him and they signed Kubiak instead. Hahahahahahahaha.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jim Caldwell can do literally nothing and the team is still going to be pretty competitive.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jim Caldwell can do literally nothing and the team is still going to be pretty competitive.
Quoting for posterity.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Aniki posted:

The Vikings aren't switching to a 3-4, but there have been talk about them using some 3-4 looks at time, so Melton and Floyd lining up occasionally as 5-techniques wouldn't be too big of a deal. They'll also still need to add at least one more DT, so it may not even be Melton lining up as a 5-technique if they use those fronts.

I did read that Melton might be looking for a prove-it deal and the Vikings could leverage that to continue easing Floyd into a full-time role. Even if it's just for depth, I'm not opposed to bringing him in.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah, it's hard to imagine an offense with Megatron, a strong #2 WR, a good O-Line, two legitimate #1 RBs, and the possibility of Matt Stafford playing like good Matt Stafford for more than 5 or 6 games being good

pack it in boys, season over in march

However, I will pass on talking about the secondary...

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 3m
Lovie: QB job is McCown's to lose

Lovie got no love for the Glennon

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Seahawks re-sign Tony McDaniel for two years. $6.3m max. That's nice, but I'd like to hear more about them moving on a replacement pass rusher for this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Baltimore Sun posted:

(Jacoby Jones' contract)has a maximum value of $14 million if he hits all of his incentive clauses, sources said. He's guaranteed $4.5 million and he has a $2 million incentive clause based on catches.

3.5 a year is a lot for Jacoby Jones.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
So uh, how about those tight ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The Puppy Bowl posted:

3.5 a year is a lot for Jacoby Jones.

If he hits every single incentive clause in his contract I'd imagine you're probably getting your money's worth.

• Locked thread