Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Caldwell isn't a trainwreck, he will run a solid locker room. He just makes boneheaded decisions at the end of games and is super boring to look at/listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page
The niners RB squad is full but I'm going to hate to see Boobie D leave if the titans pick him up. Anyone know if the niners even gave him an offer?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Dubious posted:

Not very likely.

He got the job on the back of a supposedly exhaustive detailing of Stafford's strengths/weaknesses and his approaches to fixing some of the issues. Minor improvements don't seem absurd to hope for.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Randy Starks deal (per @RavensInsider): 2 years, $10M w/ $5M guaranteed, $2M signing bonus; $3M 1st-year base salary guaranteed

That is a great signing for the Fins.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm unreasonably upset McCown took the opportunity to get paid.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

PantsFreeZone posted:

Randy Starks deal (per @RavensInsider): 2 years, $10M w/ $5M guaranteed, $2M signing bonus; $3M 1st-year base salary guaranteed

I remain baffled that this happened. He's not better than Soliai, and he can't play the nose, but there's no way Soliai is worth three more years. They're the same age even.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Marquis de Pyro posted:

However, I will pass on talking about the secondary...

Hey they've got Chris Greenwood back there, what can go wrong?

My parents teach at the little D3 college Greenwood played for, so I'll admit some bias to that statement.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He got the job on the back of a supposedly exhaustive detailing of Stafford's strengths/weaknesses and his approaches to fixing some of the issues. Minor improvements don't seem absurd to hope for.

Well I'm sold. Let's pick him up as our next QB coach. Oh wai

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can't tell if Jermaine Wiggins is being his usual eccentric self or if his "sources" that Revis has been spotted are actually real.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

tarbrush posted:

I remain baffled that this happened. He's not better than Soliai, and he can't play the nose, but there's no way Soliai is worth three more years. They're the same age even.

Well, Starks was rated above Soliai last year according to PFF and Starks actually produces a pass rush, so I'd say the gap is minimal. But yeah, Paul got overpaid. I think his agent, David Canter (who is awesome) had a lot to do with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't tell if Jermaine Wiggins is being his usual eccentric self or if his "sources" that Revis has been spotted are actually real.

Someone photoshopped Revis at the Logan baggage claim and started passing that around, so I'm gonna go with the former.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine an offense with Megatron, a strong #2 WR, a good O-Line, two legitimate #1 RBs, and the possibility of Matt Stafford playing like good Matt Stafford for more than 5 or 6 games being good

pack it in boys, season over in march

However, I will pass on talking about the secondary...

You're not the only one who is going to pass on that secondary

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey Giants fans, your linebackers have been lovely forever, right? Because the Bills just signed Keith Rivers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

Holy poo poo cheaper than expected that's a sick contract

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Totally different guys. NT vs DT and they clearly want the pass rush

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well I'm sold. Let's pick him up as our next QB coach. Oh wai

I love that TFF has gone so over reactionary to the Caldwell hiring that saying the bare minimum of positive things about one specific position under his purview is just too absurd to handle.

I get it, he was a bad hire. I don't care, past the initial comedy of the moment. I'm more interested to see what effect he'll have on the team.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Totally different guys. NT vs DT and they clearly want the pass rush

I'm not complaining. I just got the impression throughout the last season that both guys were in full "get paid" mode, and I'm struggling to believe that a good, injury resistant DT couldn't get more that $12m on the market.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs signed Joe Mays and Jeff Linkenbach?

Yay?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Burger Trench posted:

Hey Giants fans, your linebackers have been lovely forever, right? Because the Bills just signed Keith Rivers.

Rivers was serviceable when he was healthy, actually. Problem was the infrequency of that happening.

Doesn't matter now, we got Beason woop woop

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans released OT David Stewart today, saving $6.5 million. He broke his leg 2 years ago and hasn't really been the same since, barely practicing last year despite playing 12 games. Hope he can find a team, he might have a few years left in him as he is only 31. So long Big Country.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

DangerKat posted:

I did read that Melton might be looking for a prove-it deal and the Vikings could leverage that to continue easing Floyd into a full-time role. Even if it's just for depth, I'm not opposed to bringing him in.

A prove it deal for Melton would make sense. He's coming off of a torn ACL, he was arrested last year, and was struggling before he got hurt. He has a lot to prove and a rotational role where he's not starting, but could still see a lot of snaps would be good for him. He also shouldn't cost too much and the Vikings would potentially be getting a really talented DT for cheap.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 13, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Oh so apparently O'Brien Schofield, the Lineman we got from the Seahawks, failed his physical and the deal is dead. So no Schofield.

And the Giants signed Center JD Walton from Denver. Any Denver fans able to weigh in on that?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

God drat I just realised Hixon is a free agent as well. When Smith is jettisoned the top 4 Wrs on the depth chart will have been allowed to walk. They literally will not have a wide receiver who caught a pass in the regular season on the roster.

Has that every happened before?

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Burger Trench posted:

Hey, the Bills signed a pretty good cornerback! Turns out he's a Buffalo native to boot!

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 6m
CB Corey Graham agreed to a 4yr, $16 m deal with the #Bills, source confirmed.

Weren't their CBs decent already? Keith Rivers was a decent sign though.

Good value regardless. Maybe the Bills fans around me won't be so depressed tomorrow.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mughe posted:

Weren't their CBs decent already? Keith Rivers was a decent sign though.

Good value regardless. Maybe the Bills fans around me won't be so depressed tomorrow.

They had some holes I think, they had a really decent nickel dude and one good flanker but were a little lacking in depth.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

Oh so apparently O'Brien Schofield, the Lineman we got from the Seahawks, failed his physical and the deal is dead. So no Schofield.

And the Giants signed Center JD Walton from Denver. Any Denver fans able to weigh in on that?

That sucks. I wonder if Seahawks will want him back after all that? He was a decent enough player early on in the year when they were dealing with a thin DL.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wonder how cheap David Stewart would be. He's nothing special and he's 32 but would be an upgrade for probably 15 teams out there.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If Denver doesn't resign Woodyard then who(other than Von) is playing LB?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pretty glad that Tate's coming and he'll get to troll the Packers again. He was supposed to catch a plane out of Detroit today, but his flight was canceled because of the storm.

And with regards to Jim Caldwell, who could be better than the Hero with One Face to stop the Lions from getting in their own way?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

BlindSite posted:

God drat I just realised Hixon is a free agent as well. When Smith is jettisoned the top 4 Wrs on the depth chart will have been allowed to walk. They literally will not have a wide receiver who caught a pass in the regular season on the roster.

Has that every happened before?

What's Lafell up to? He's the one I most wanted gone, but with Smith gone and Ginn looking I would like to have some players with experience in our offense on the team.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Jets get Revis back I'll puke.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Asnorban posted:

What's Lafell up to? He's the one I most wanted gone, but with Smith gone and Ginn looking I would like to have some players with experience in our offense on the team.

Has visited Pats and Broncos so far.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

John Brown posted:

If Denver doesn't resign Woodyard then who(other than Von) is playing LB?

Travathon, Ianacho, Ware

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Also tweeted about being glad FA was about to begin the night before. I don't think he'll be back or wants back.

Gettleman needs to work out a long term deal with Greg Hardy to cut his cap hit. Right now 30 million dollars of the cap hole is spent on defensive ends.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

zimbomonkey posted:

My god. There's no way we lose everyone, right? There's no way we somehow fill it up with all better players, right?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

"Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet): A return to Revis Island? Jets and Darrelle Revis camp talk about a possible reunion, per source"

This and Decker would make up for the lack of anything done thus far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Asnorban posted:

My god. There's no way we lose everyone, right? There's no way we somehow fill it up with all better players, right?

I think the most we can hope for is maybe Hixon to come back cheap or Ginn and maybe, maybe get Nicks in some kind of deal and use picks.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I'm not upset that the Texans are sitting on their asses for the first few days of free agency, although the talk about Schaub being the #1 QB in 2014 that I've heard on local Houston radio, and John McClain kind of making a case for him being on the roster makes me think that O'Brien has some pretty big balls if he's thinking about marching Schaub out onto the field week 1. I really hope the Texans don't trade away any high draft picks for the likes of Ryan Mallet or Brock Osweiler.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

3.5 a year is a lot for Jacoby Jones.

It is probably more like 2.5 per year with a huge final year he will never see to reduce his cap hit this year (4 years instead of 3 with a dummy year), or incentives that he'll only reach if he becomes a starter at WR, in which case he's overachieving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Travathon, Ianacho, Ware
Ihenacho plays safety. I'm guessing noted otaku Nate Irving will take over the middle.

• Locked thread