Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Yeah, was he gay or just very Prussian?

gay as all hell

it did not work out so good when he was a young man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

James Buchanan to Cornelia Roosevelt posted:

I am now 'solitary and alone,' having no companion in the house with me. I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them. I feel that it is not good for man to be alone, and [I] should not be astonished to find myself married to some old maid who can nurse me when I am sick, provide good dinners for me when I am well, and not expect from me any very ardent or romantic affection. I'm a really huge gay, just the biggest gay you ever saw. Peace out.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
gay world leaders snype

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

A source of this interest has been Buchanan's close and intimate relationship with William Rufus King (who became Vice President under Franklin Pierce). The two men lived together in a Washington boardinghouse for 10 years from 1834 until King's departure for France in 1844, after which point they never again shared a residence. King referred to the relationship as a "communion",] and the two attended social functions together. Contemporaries also noted the closeness. Andrew Jackson called them "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy" (the former being a 19th-century euphemism for an effeminate man), while Aaron V. Brown referred to King as Buchanan's "better half". James W. Loewen described Buchanan and King as "siamese twins." In later years Kat Thompson, the wife of a cabinet member, expressed her anxiety that "there was something unhealthy in the president's attitude".

Buchanan adopted King's mannerisms and romanticised view of southern culture. Both had strong political ambitions and in 1844 they planned to run as president and vice president. One historian has found them both to be soft, effeminate, and eccentric. In May 1844, Buchanan wrote to Cornelia Roosevelt, "I am now 'solitary and alone,' having no companion in the house with me. I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them. I feel that it is not good for man to be alone, and [I] should not be astonished to find myself married to some old maid who can nurse me when I am sick, provide good dinners for me when I am well, and not expect from me any very ardent or romantic affection."

e: dammit Pick

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

oh yeah, i'd do that

were it not for the obvious
he had sex with a bunch of women too, and may have enjoyed it

so you could have Hit That

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
not to take away from gay political leader talk but cripes i have spent a lot of my tax return on toys

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

not to take away from gay political leader talk but cripes i have spent a lot of my tax return on toys

this is unrelated to gay political leaders how?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dongicus posted:

gwyn is kicking my rear end =(

is solaire helping u

if not you have failed the sun

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
there are a lot of bad places and times to be a sensitive young gay sperg who is interested in french poetry and flute music, but the court of the Soldier King is probably one of the worst

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Yeah, I knew that his friend lover guy was shot, but I usually just associate being kind of army gay with Prussia. The entire state was militarized and the men seemed a little confused, sexually, overall

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

there are a lot of bad places and times to be a sensitive young gay sperg who is interested in french poetry and flute music, but the court of the Soldier King is probably one of the worst

new GBS?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Middle school is also pretty bad

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I did just fine thank you very much

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

amarantinesky posted:

this is unrelated to gay political leaders how?

not those kinds of toys

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Buchanan is an interesting case to use to point out that acceptance is not a linear progression. "Wow, if it was bad to be gay in the 1950s, imagine how bad it was in 1860!" it's always more complicated than that

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

there are a lot of bad places and times to be a sensitive young gay sperg who is interested in french poetry and flute music webcomics and public meltdowns, but the court of the Soldier King e/n is probably one of the worst

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Pick posted:

Buchanan is an interesting case to use to point out that acceptance is not a linear progression. "Wow, if it was bad to be gay in the 1950s, imagine how bad it was in 1860!" it's always more complicated than that

The gay panic stuff didn't really start up till the 20s so I've read

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I usually just associate being kind of army gay with Prussia. The entire state was militarized and the men seemed a little confused, sexually, overall
i'm giggling a lot over here

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

to be fair you'd probably still get hella murdered out in the boonies

the boonies will always be terrible

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Dongicus posted:

gwyn is kicking my rear end =(

try parrying. Everyone says block his first hit, parry his second. I couldn't get it to work but maybe you can!

VanSandman posted:

is solaire helping u

if not you have failed the sun

also this

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

president gay.so what.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

according to my graphs the trends relative acceptance of french political figures' homosexuality is

furthermore

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

no sauerkraut because I'm a dumbass and forgot it, but heres what ladythread made me make for dinner

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I always thought a doubt proxy wedding would be a really funny place to meet your SO

"So, I was standing in for Princess Melia, and he was standing in for Marquis Furtner, and we just, like, CLICKED."

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

VanSandman posted:

to be fair you'd probably still get hella murdered out in the boonies

the boonies will always be terrible
actually, i've heard that hillbillies don't give a drat what you do in private as long as you stay out of their business in return

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

no sauerkraut because I'm a dumbass and forgot it, but heres what ladythread made me make for dinner

nice table

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gay King James I of England posted:

...lists sodomy among those “horrible crimes which ye are bound in conscience never to forgive”. He also singled out sodomy in a letter to Lord Burleigh giving directives that Judges were to interpret the law broadly and were not to issue any pardons, saying that "no more colour may be left to judges to work upon their wits in that point."

Though tbh Alexander the Great wasn't adverse to hooking up with guys and he was The Best Ever so...

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm hungry :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Pick posted:

I always thought a doubt proxy wedding would be a really funny place to meet your SO

"So, I was standing in for Princess Melia, and he was standing in for Marquis Furtner, and we just, like, CLICKED."

If the scientist thing doesn't work out, you have a bright future in writing medieval rom-coms

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

according to my graphs the trends relative acceptance of french political figures' homosexuality is

furthermore
rousseau was straight. kinky as hell, but straight.

BUUUUUT there's tons of anecdotes in the Confessions about how while he was travelling as a young man he got propositioned by dudes all the time. He'd say he wasn't interested, but it didn't like...freak him out or offend him deeply or anything.

Once the guy jerked off while looking at him though, that was real awkward

but at around the same time (mid 1700s) england was having a gay panic. different cultures, same time, different social mores

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

actually, i've heard that hillbillies don't give a drat what you do in private as long as you stay out of their business in return

thats moonshiners. hillbillies are the ones that butt-rape you and then call you gay

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
sodomy referred to any unnatural sex and some historians think he may have been talking about child molestation

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

rousseau was straight. kinky as hell, but straight.

BUUUUUT there's tons of anecdotes in the Confessions about how while he was travelling as a young man he got propositioned by dudes all the time. He'd say he wasn't interested, but it didn't like...freak him out or offend him deeply or anything.

Once the guy jerked off while looking at him though, that was real awkward

you're right crow jane, this thread does need to write a rom-com

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*whips it out and starts furiously masturbating while staring at JJR*

**laugh track**

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Rosalind dressed up like a dude, named herself Ganymede, and then flirted with her love interest Orlando until she orchestrates the quadruple wedding at the end of As You Like It.

A very gay play.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

you're right crow jane, this thread does need to write a rom-com

if you like staring at the depths of the human capacity to be awkward while telling you all about it, read the Confessions. rousseau invented the genre then went on a road trip with Hume, where he went insane

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Then the dude playing Rosalind comes out on stage still dressed like a woman and flirts with the men and women in the audience.

I'm gonna have a daughter and name her Rosalind.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

amarantinesky posted:

Rosalind dressed up like a dude, named herself Ganymede, and then flirted with her love interest Orlando until she orchestrates the quadruple wedding at the end of As You Like It.

A very gay play.
she would have been played by a beautiful young man, don't forget that bit

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
From my friends republican mother I learned that oral sex is sodomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

amarantinesky posted:

A very gay play.

i fuckin love as you like it

• Locked thread