Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

The Panthers have put an offer in on Anthony Collins.

At least we know they're alive?

If they get him alive and loving well, rumor is buccs, panthers and cincy have put together comparable money. I guess it depends on whether he wants to leave cincy and where he wants to go. gently caress if the panthers pull this off, the pressure for the rest of the offseason is a lot lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
How much cap space do the Pats have after Revis? How much do they need for rookies?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thats a great signing by the Jets

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

jeffersonlives posted:

The headline numbers on Decker, per Schefter, are 5y/$36.25m total/$15m guaranteed, or very slightly north of Golden Tate money. Devil is of course in the details, as always with the NFL.

Was expecting worse, that looks very reasonable

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I used to hate the Raiders and their fans because they would own the Seahawks during the 70s and 80s. But man I just feel sorry for Raiders fans now.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

G-Fresh posted:

You know what, this is ok. Mark Davis just doesn't trust Reggie and he's going to fire him after this season, and in the meantime we'll just have to sign Alex Mack and draft Jake Matthews and we'll have a good line set up for next year when we draft a franchise QB with the first overall pick.

This isn't so bad, right?

.......right, guys?

Would you really trust the judgment of some doughy gently caress who willingly rocks that haircut

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Mister Fister posted:

How much cap space do the Pats have after Revis? How much do they need for rookies?

They will have about $5m left, and their rookie pool will eat up nearly all of that. They have one really obvious major candidate for a restructure or cut in Wilfork for up to an $8m savings, and a handful of other guys for simple conversions or relatively painless releases that can get them a few million here and a few million there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah, Slater and Adrian Wilson are the obvious cuts. And Jason Avant once they sign him.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I just don't even know any more. If we don't hit 6-10 this year I want everyone gone.

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Internet Predator posted:

At this rate the Raiders will bring back JaMarcus Russell :(

As a qb or a guard?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

jeffersonlives posted:

They will have about $5m left, and their rookie pool will eat up nearly all of that. They have one really obvious major candidate for a restructure or cut in Wilfork for up to an $8m savings, and a handful of other guys for simple conversions or relatively painless releases that can get them a few million here and a few million there.

Thanks! I think the Pats really only need to snag an average to above average receiver or tight end in FA then they'll be set for the year.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

japtor posted:

They've already been Rock Bottom'd.

:thurman:

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Quest For Glory II posted:

Plus add James Jones as a complementary piece and possibly draft a rookie that can eventually see the field in the slot and you've changed that situation dramatically.

Jeremy Kerley's already a decent slot receiver. If they sign James Jones, I kind of wonder if they'd draft Eric Ebron instead of a wideout. Decker/Jones/Kerley would be a solid-if-unspectacular receiver group, but a real fast receiving TE could make it a pretty good one.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

mcmagic posted:

Let's see what the money is. It's probably going to be ugly for a slow WR who has done nothing without Peyton manning.

...except Decker's best attribute, if anything, is his speed?

The knock on Decker - and it's reasonably justified - is that he doesn't play all that physical and can get totally overpowered at times. But he's definitely quick and he has very good hands.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I worked a 13 hour day today so I didn't get to see much of today's moves. I did, however, get a text alert that said "Matt Schaub not leaving Texans any time soon" though so that was a fun trip outdoors to throw things at a dumpster.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pats are meeting with Browner tomorrow. DO IT BILL

Also sign Peppers and Smith so Fiz's head will explode.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I'm shocked, I figured Decker would be overpaid, but that seems almost exactly what he's worth, and a perfect fit for the Jets. He should probably fire his agent.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pats are meeting with Browner tomorrow. DO IT BILL

Also sign Peppers and Smith so Fiz's head will explode.

I thought browner was supposedly mediocre according to hawks fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I worked a 13 hour day today so I didn't get to see much of today's moves. I did, however, get a text alert that said "Matt Schaub not leaving Texans any time soon" though so that was a fun trip outdoors to throw things at a dumpster.

That was courtesy of Pancakes so you can expect him to be gone tomorrow

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Good loving lord the Raiders are the embodiment of :stonklol:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

He'd be a very solid number 3 and the price will probably be right.

Also cut Arrington Bill. I don't care if it frees up just enough cap to get a Big Mac.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 13, 2014

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Intruder posted:

That was courtesy of Pancakes so you can expect him to be gone tomorrow

ah yes, Pancakes wheezin' his way through another wrong opinion on football

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

He's a quality nickel who's missing a quarter of the season. He'll be a cheap, good signing for someone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He'd be a very solid number 3 and the price will probably be right.

Also cut Arrington Bill. I don't care if it frees up just enough cap to get a Big Mac.

Browner is a legit #1 for most teams and combining him with Revis is going to result in the best CB duo in the league.

Ozu posted:

He's a quality nickel who's missing a quarter of the season. He'll be a cheap, good signing for someone.

The gently caress?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Gone for 4 hours, missed about 400 posts but I can't imagine that much hap

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Browner is probably a #1 or #2 on a lot of teams, it's just that Seattle has some pretty good dudes back there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Seahawks fans knew Browner was never going to play another down for them so they entered sasfreeagentchart.jpg territory early

Also his replacement outperformed him

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Did the Raiders get sorta Jay Ratliffed lmao?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Seahawks fans knew Browner was never going to play another down for them so they entered sasfreeagentchart.jpg territory early

Which Hawks fan said something disparaging about Browner? Browner loving rules.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Browner is the dude with the drug issues right? And by issues I mean NFL rules bullshit and not actually a debilitating addiction.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chichevache posted:

The gently caress?
Not sure why I got confused with Thurmond but there it is. Quarter season ban thing still stands.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

He's not as good in the world where the league actually penalizes poo poo like this, but evidently we don't live in that world, so he remains quite effective.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Browner is the dude with the drug issues right? And by issues I mean NFL rules bullshit and not actually a debilitating addiction.

Yes.

Ozu posted:

Not sure why I got confused with Thurmond but there it is. Quarter season ban thing still stands.

Thurmond is actually a great starter too, but he never made it past the nickle for Seattle.

smuggler posted:

He's not as good in the world where the league actually penalizes poo poo like this, but evidently we don't live in that world, so he remains quite effective.

Yea... he doesn't do that every play. He is rough as hell though and gets away with a lot of other poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm of the opinion that Browner would be an awesome signing for anyone other than Seattle. What does the potential suspension drive his market down to, 4-4.5 a year?

I'd be happy to pay that in Baltimore to build us an astoundingly good secondary.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
those decker numbers seem really mild. i'm almost happy. as if anything that happens this day could actually make me happy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
It's almost as if NFL GMs aren't all complete morons and know that he's a good player but at the same time not worth top 5 money.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Raiders are gods gift to football fans

never change

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:lol: Al Davis was the voice of reason with the Raiders.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

:lol: Al Davis was the voice of reason with the Raiders.

That's a scary thought.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

shiksa posted:

It's almost as if NFL GMs aren't all complete morons and know that he's a good player but at the same time not worth top 5 money.

I woulda thought that if Decker had played the field more he might've got some dumb GM to overpay, but maybe the interest wasn't there.

• Locked thread