Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Why do we live in the world where the Patriots got Revis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Raiders are meeting with Tuck and Woodley right now per Mike Silver.

C'mon guys give me loving something, ANYTHING to make this night better. I know Mike Silver is a a certified POS but PLEASE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

There is no god, and sometimes we just need to be reminded of that

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lessail posted:

Wait for them to get shithoused by any one of five or six NFC teams in the Super Bowl.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^^ I don't want to see them or the loving Broncos in the Super Bowl again. That's sort of the point. Give me the Chiefs or Bengals or the drat Browns. Something new, please god.

BlindSite posted:

If they get him alive and loving well, rumor is buccs, panthers and cincy have put together comparable money. I guess it depends on whether he wants to leave cincy and where he wants to go. gently caress if the panthers pull this off, the pressure for the rest of the offseason is a lot lighter.

Which means he'll make more with the Bucs with the whole FL no income tax deal. I don't get how the Panthers are even in the running. More money with the Bucs vs the place you know with the Bengals. Although maybe he wants to play with a real QB which would disqualify Bengals and Bucs but mostly the Bucs :smith:

Also, who the gently caress is Cam throwing to next year?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lessail posted:

Because it's a world that sent Ware to the Broncos. It hates us.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Marvin Mcnutt baby.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do people forget the Patriots were like 1 minute from being 9-7 last year? They aren't that good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Wait for them to get shithoused by any one of five or six NFC teams in the Super Bowl.

The Panthers have waited 11 years to avenge their loss. The new Patriots are tough and have returned to their roots with a revamped defense led by star corner Darelle Revis. But the Panthers have a secret plan in place for Revis... no receivers for him to cover.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

FizFashizzle posted:

Marvin Mcnutt baby.
Is DJK on a roster / not in jail?

That would be a fun combo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Greg Olsen's gonna have a 1500 yard season.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

PantsFreeZone posted:

Do people forget the Patriots were like 1 minute from being 9-7 last year? They aren't that good.

I don't want to be not that good I want them to completely suck.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I don't want to see them or the loving Broncos in the Super Bowl again. That's sort of the point. Give me the Chiefs or Bengals or the drat Browns. Something new, please god.

It's been over 13 months since the Ravens were in the playoffs, I figure they're due for another run.

I figure they're going to drop two of their first 3 draft picks on WR and in this draft that might work out beautifully. It probably won't but they have a better shot then they usually would.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 13, 2014

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
All right, home from work, guess I'll see what happened in free agency today. Oh lots of posts, wonder if Rev-

Ozu posted:

@MikeSilver
According to a Raiders source Mark Davis pulled plug on Saffold deal. Could have had surgery and been ready for training camp. Mark said no

:reject:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lessail posted:

I just want them to be called for defensive holding and pass interference like every other team. If I have to see another Patriots wide receiver not getting touched, stand up and gesticulate for a flag that comes in late, I might go Aaron Hernandez on some poor official.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Alternatively, they were 1 minute from being 15-1.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'd really like to see them making Wide Receivers begging for flags a flaggable offense, like diving in soccer and basketball.

i know it has no real outcome on the effect of the game, but it just irritates me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lessail posted:

I want 6-10 Patriots for a decade after Brady retires, because you just know if they absolutely hit rock bottom they're going to get another generational QB a la Indy.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

shiksa posted:

I want 6-10 Patriots for a decade after Brady retires, because you just know if they absolutely hit rock bottom they're going to get another generational QB a la Indy.

Alternatively, I'd take Bill Belichik accidentally strangling to death while performing auto-erotic asphyxiation using his hoodie.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

shiksa posted:

I shouldn't touch that at all since I'm a Packers fan but I think Belichick would have to stay on for that type of thing to happen. Otherwise too much would've changed.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Bye-bye Golden Tate you beautiful bastard.

Seahawks receivers are gonna be pretty pedestrian next year. And if/when Harvin gets injured again they will be downright awful.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

They should just pick a region or state and be done with it. Hartford is a city. So is London. :downs:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

^^^^ I don't want to see them or the loving Broncos in the Super Bowl again. That's sort of the point. Give me the Chiefs or Bengals or the drat Browns. Something new, please god.

Which means he'll make more with the Bucs with the whole FL no income tax deal. I don't get how the Panthers are even in the running. More money with the Bucs vs the place you know with the Bengals. Although maybe he wants to play with a real QB which would disqualify Bengals and Bucs but mostly the Bucs :smith:

Richie Brockel who just quietly is apparently a ridiculously good blocker. I kind of like the Panthers to throw some poo poo tier money at someone like Kellen Winslow to get some two tight end sets going.

Somethings better than nothing at this point. Right now their goal line package contains the best receivers on the team.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DancingMachine posted:

Bye-bye Golden Tate you beautiful bastard.

Seahawks receivers are gonna be pretty pedestrian next year. And if/when Harvin gets injured again they will be downright awful.

Baldwin and Tate are way too similar to get paid by the same team, and I'd rather keep Baldwin for less money. This is a good year to move on from a guy like Tate because I think they'll be able to find a reasonable replacement for his production in the draft.

The biggest problem with losing Tate is that he and Wilson were friends off the field and seemed to spend a lot of time together. Losing a target he trusts might hurt him a bit, but I can't imagine it'll be too bad.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm really looking forward to Tate taunting the rest of the NFC North. I won't even mind.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Marvin Mcnutt baby.

:lol: Still enough to beat the Bucs 6-2.

They have to sign at least one veteran guy even if they go double rookies which isn't a bad idea. You'd think they'd jump on Emmanuel Sanders or someone equally steady.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Much more importantly they were a miraculous onside kick away from losing to the Browns.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Best news of the day:
Tarvaris Jackson
@7tjackson
12's one more year?! Let's go!

Sounds like TJack reupped with the Seahawks for at least another year. Kind of weird timing, but I'm guessing the signing was done today and the announcement will be tomorrow.

He's a good backup.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:lol: Still enough to beat the Bucs 6-2.

They have to sign at least one veteran guy even if they go double rookies which isn't a bad idea. You'd think they'd jump on Emmanuel Sanders or someone equally steady.

Much more importantly they were a miraculous onside kick away from losing to the Browns.

They're heavy into nicks apparently. Makes too much sense not to happen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so drat happy T-Jax is back. Best offseason move so far. :unsmith:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

I remember reading something about Sidney Rice too. Is there a chance we could make a run at both (Obviously not if we land Collins, but otherwise)?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browner's visiting the Patriots today hahahaha kill me

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Intruder posted:

Seahawks fans knew Browner was never going to play another down for them so they entered sasfreeagentchart.jpg territory early

Also his replacement outperformed him

This. Browner is an amazingly physical man coverage corner, but god forbid you put him in zone coverage (for which he got benched briefly in Seattle).

TLDR: Let Revis do the thinking and let let Browner lay the wood. ==Success.

Benne posted:

I'm so drat happy T-Jax is back. Best offseason move so far. :unsmith:

Let's be honest, resigning Michael Bennett was the best move. This is a close second. Resigning Mike Rob would be in strong contention for third best move.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Yea that's a great fit. I hope they have a backup plan if it falls through so they're not trotting out guys with zero career receptions.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I remember reading something about Sidney Rice too. Is there a chance we could make a run at both (Obviously not if we land Collins, but otherwise)?

If we land Collins and either Nicks or Rice it'll be a ridiculously advantageous situation (all three is crazy talk).

The money can probably be finagled depending on how they decide to weight it all, if all three are willing to chill the gently caress out and get cash on the back end (no good agent would allow this to happen). We could get all three theoretically. A more likely scenario is they're going to offer Collins and Nicks what they're worth based on what we can pay and try to sell them on winning a superbowl and all that bullshit. If they're interested great, see if Rice will take a vet minimum Ginn type - prove it deal. If Collins and Nicks say no, see what happens with Rice and hope that for some reasons some rear end in a top hat like Oher isn't picked up and could at least keep Cam from being protected by some fourth round pick from rear end in a top hat st university.

Gettleman isn't stupid he knows the Panthers could never outbid really anyone for a players service. My personal feeling is Collins is the better play than either receiver. It's crazy to go to the draft without a WR on the roster, but I'd rather that than blow our wad chasing receivers, end up with nothing and have to find a few offensive linemen as well as receivers picking at the rear end end of every round.

I knew it would be a rough offseason with 19 free agents that included just about all our wide receivers, secondary guys and half the offensive line but I didn't realise the cap situation was that dire. If they sign Kraken to a long term deal in the next few poo poo gets a lot easier.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was expecting to be mad about a lot more players Denver signed today but, what the gently caress Oakland :stare:

Mitch Holthus seems to think the Chiefs are about to bring in a "big named" free agent offensive lineman. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be Oher.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^ Don't feel too bad. Oher isn't awful, he's just extremely not good.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/3/12/5500070/report-broncos-interested-in-ravens-linebacker-daryl-smith

John Elway was around during one of the rougher time periods for quarterbacks. Pass rushers were legally allowed to crush the QB, PEDs were likely easier to conceal, and the era had some of the best DEs/LBs of all time. Plus Elway played the game for 16 years.

How many years do you think that knocked of his life?

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 13, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Quick someone take DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart on a hike through the Himalayas with an unscrupulous sherpa.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

You realize that Denver in the Superbowl WAS new, right? I mean, they were the first AFC West team to be in the superbowl in more than a decade, it's not like they go every other year

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

^^^ Don't feel too bad. Oher isn't awful, he's just extremely not good.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/3/12/5500070/report-broncos-interested-in-ravens-linebacker-daryl-smith

John Elway was around during one of the rougher time periods for quarterbacks. Pass rushers were legally allowed to crush the QB, PEDs were likely easier to conceal, and the era had some of the best DEs/LBs of all time. Plus Elway played the game for 16 years.

How many years do you think that knocked of his life?

I really hope we can hang on to Smith but if he wants a deal similar to D'Qwell's he can walk.

At the very least Baltimore plays neither New England nor Denver this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

You realize that Denver in the Superbowl WAS new, right? I mean, they were the first AFC West team to be in the superbowl in more than a decade, it's not like they go every other year

I think he just meant Peyton Manning when he said Denver.

• Locked thread