Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ocrumsprug posted:

Predicting -A- would be evicted 15 minutes after CFC went home was the safest prediction that could be made in the aftermath of B-R.

Oh, sure, that's easy to say in hindsight, but what about last week when they were riding high on achieving their ultimate goal of holding their staging system for 4 whole days, and had a record 6 dreads in fleet? I didn't think so. :mmmsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Alexzandvar posted:

Old grudges don't hold much weight in EVE after a while, Mole was in BR on the side of PL, an Alliance he hated and which hated him in the days of olde.

Also the -A- of yesterday is not the -A- of today, sure they suck but they have no ill will towards the CFC so while N2 continues is "grr goon related entities" crusade -A- will probably stay blue.

That depends on if the grudge is worth holding. Prime example. BoB.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah I can't honestly say I hate N2. I have more problems with TEST.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
N2 is not as easy to hate as test, but they do pose a mild threat unlike Test and thus must be dealt with.

Personally I dislike N2's and their elite pvp mantra of "Good fights already replaced" when they get stomped and "lol we told you goons are poo poo :smug:" when they win.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mikey posted:

Oh, sure, that's easy to say in hindsight, but what about last week when they were riding high on achieving their ultimate goal of holding their staging system for 4 whole days, and had a record 6 dreads in fleet? I didn't think so. :mmmsmug:

Jan 31st, YOOL2014 I pegged them and Solar for getting all their space back, and to then immediately losing it all to the first gentle breeze that happened.

Solar was the risky part of that prediction, but honestly things are going really good for RUSRUS so I likely won't have to walk that one back either.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ocrumsprug posted:

Jan 31st, YOOL2014 I pegged them and Solar for getting all their space back, and to then immediately losing it all to the first gentle breeze that happened.

Solar was the risky part of that prediction, but honestly things are going really good for RUSRUS so I likely won't have to walk that one back either.

Personally I didn't predict RUS to take all of the sov they lost over the past year back. They'd probably get as far as Insmother or so then I expected to see more of what we're seeing now. I'm honestly shocked that SOLAR aren't doing as well, they were fun to fight against and now they're just not for some odd reason.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
I'm surprised anyone thought RUS would actually get all of their old space back. The drone regions? Against PL? Really? Honestly, it didn't even look like they were going to get any space back at all until B-R. Querious <-> Catch was a freebie that they didn't have to fight for, and doesn't count.

Levarris posted:

That depends on if the grudge is worth holding. Prime example. BoB.

Does anyone really have a grudge with the BoB remnants anymore? Their alliance and rental paradigms have been completely obsoleted, they've been crushed and scattered so many times, and every attempt they've made to reform has been more pathetic than the last. It kind of feels like justice has finally been served, and they've acknowledged their place as second-class citizens of the elitepvp coalition du jour.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well, obviously not all their space, but they were going to capture what they had targeted in the Hallowe'en War.

Losing it all immediately was the salient part of the prediction.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

mikey posted:

Querious <-> Catch was a freebie that they didn't have to fight for, and doesn't count.

Well -A- did briefly have to fight TRIBE who had some kind of arrangement to take catch, and they briefly camped them in YHN for like a day before TRIBE gave up.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Levarris posted:

Well -A- did briefly have to fight TRIBE who had some kind of arrangement to take catch, and they briefly camped them in YHN for like a day before TRIBE gave up.

Truly a clash of titans.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Levarris posted:

TRIBE the only long time TEST ally that stuck around for any length of time. That should say something.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Rhymenoserous posted:

TRIBE the only long time TEST ally that stuck around for any length of time. That should say something.

It says they lived in Period Basis and needed TEST blue for a safe cyno chain to empire.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

mikey posted:

It says they lived in Period Basis and needed TEST blue for a safe cyno chain to empire.

Say what you will about TRIBE, but The 99 Percent was a cool project.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mimetic posted:

I welped 3 solo Taranises in a row in FW lowsec last week and got paid 70m for each of them, so yes.

I would feel much less guilty using SRP if I had nearly as many kills as I do losses.

In one day I lost two crows, two sabres, four stabbers, a hurricane, two tornadoes, a maelstrom and a tempest. All of them were doing solo or micro-gang stuff in and near Sendaya, where BRAVE is staging. I had lots of fun killing and getting killed by BNI, and all of those losses got paid at the full rate totaling ~1.3 billion ISK. Do not be afraid to use reimbursement. It exists so that you do not need to be afraid of logging into EVE and undocking a spaceship. Attend fleets if you want, or just stick to roaming around solo. You have no reason at all to feel guilty for taking reimbursement money: the fact that programs like this exist to help out newbies and casual players is one of the reasons why sov grinds are so fulfilling for me. Keep on having fun in space and do whatever you want.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

pugnax posted:

Say what you will about TRIBE, but The 99 Percent was a cool project.

There was a german corp in tribe back before the lost there sov who was the never ending butt over every single hitler and jew joke one could think of were it came to the point of them going to the alliance heads to stop it.

then of course it got much worse with on manufacturing nation being renamed "The oven"

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

In one day I lost two crows, two sabres, four stabbers, a hurricane, two tornadoes, a maelstrom and a tempest. All of them were doing solo or micro-gang stuff in and near Sendaya, where BRAVE is staging. I had lots of fun killing and getting killed by BNI, and all of those losses got paid at the full rate totaling ~1.3 billion ISK. Do not be afraid to use reimbursement. It exists so that you do not need to be afraid of logging into EVE and undocking a spaceship. Attend fleets if you want, or just stick to roaming around solo. You have no reason at all to feel guilty for taking reimbursement money: the fact that programs like this exist to help out newbies and casual players is one of the reasons why sov grinds are so fulfilling for me. Keep on having fun in space and do whatever you want.

Confirming that I am continuously getting owned solo, and someone keeps paying me. Once in a while I even learn something.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some people multibox PVP, and when those guys post their losses for a month all at once it will take up entire pages in the reimbursement thread.

Kunmi is a magical creature.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

uwaeve posted:

Confirming that I am continuously getting owned solo, and someone keeps paying me. Once in a while I even learn something.

I am hoping that I am going to claw my way to being someone not terrible at PvP.
This reimbursement is making that a possibility such that I havent even bothered to log on my alt to rat while losing Tempests in Sendaya.:toot:

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

when those guys post their losses for a month all at once

I wonder if they get PMs like this (actual PM I received):

"Read the OP. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere there to post poo poo as you lose it, not 10 at once when you could be bothered. tia"

Neither OP said anything of the sort, but I'm not really gonna argue with the guy spraying money at me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Uh, did Angry Moustache's AMA/CSM whoring disappear from /r/eve? Not quite ready to jump to conclusions about just what happened.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

Uh, did Angry Moustache's AMA/CSM whoring disappear from /r/eve? Not quite ready to jump to conclusions about just what happened.

The main mod for r/eve, Aradon, has a noted hatred for TMC stuff.

Despite Angry Mustache doing it tongue-in-cheek, it was primarily for his CSM 9 stuff but because he mentioned TMC Aradon decided not to delete it, but to shadow ban it. He did the same for the TMC AMA by Tegiminis, the main editor.

Keep in mind this is the same mod who allowed someone to copy/paste Grath's article, which he wrote specifically for TMC, onto the subforum (circumventing his "no TMC" rule) and then argued that it should be allowed because 1) Grath was the one who wrote it and thus it didn't belong to TMC when Tegiminis, Ali Aras, Angry, and myself pointed out it wasn't permitted, 2) made Grath have to post he wanted the copy/paste removed before "considering" to remove it.

The pathetic part is, I'm not making any of that up either.

Edit - Also despite being as neutral as I possibly can in my monthly nullsec video recaps, those always get deleted by him on there.

Reddit: Where we care about freedom of speech, so long as you only say what we want you to say.

Edit 2 - I think Angry Mustache is going to file a complaint as it wasn't TMC promotion or anything, but his CSM 9 candidacy which would be pretty abusive to deny him ability to host an AMA when they allow others to.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 13, 2014

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

Reddit: Where we care about freedom of speech, so long as you only say what we want you to say.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerrineClostermann posted:

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Playing DUST has finally rotted your brain.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

Playing DUST has finally rotted your brain.

It's from Alpha Centauri :v:

And I no longer play DUST.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

PerrineClostermann posted:

One of the best Alpha Centauri quotes, but now I feel compelled to go play it again. drat you!

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
The old -A- is the one who made LV leave a war just by threatening them.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hazdoc posted:

One of the best Alpha Centauri quotes, but now I feel compelled to go play it again. drat you!

AC had so many good quotes. Like this. Or Zakharov's life as chemistry. Or every drat thing out of Morgan's mouth.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

AC had so many good quotes. Like this. Or Zakharov's life as chemistry. Or every drat thing out of Morgan's mouth.

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.
— CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Phobophilia posted:

"Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."
-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

Morgan would be a Theta.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Morgan can suck a fat one.

Chairman Yang posted:

What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Nietzschean posted:

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.
— CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

That's my new personal justification for filing for reimbursement.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

uwaeve posted:

Case in point: Moomin Amatin.

What's wrong with Moomin? He's always fun on comms and doing things.

fakedit: remember when BoB was disbanded and we abandoned the south to take delve? Against All Authorities was taking Feythabolis with about as much opposition as we were facing in Delve. I think we had JBs up before they had even managed to take AZN.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

CainFortea posted:

fakedit: remember when BoB was disbanded and we abandoned the south to take delve? Against All Authorities was taking Feythabolis with about as much opposition as we were facing in Delve. I think we had JBs up before they had even managed to take AZN.

To be fair, at that point goon morale was stratospheric and we flooded Delve with one hell of a blood lust. Maintaining the 319 camp for a month, Capswarm reinforcing/killing 40-50 PoS'es a day, bitter vets and newbies alike resubscribing en masse with the desire to kick BoB in the balls for all their past Titan abuse... I doubt AAA had any of that going for them.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

uwaeve posted:

I wonder if they get PMs like this (actual PM I received):

"Read the OP. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere there to post poo poo as you lose it, not 10 at once when you could be bothered. tia"

Neither OP said anything of the sort, but I'm not really gonna argue with the guy spraying money at me.

That must have been an oversight, because every reimbursement thread I've seen so far has included this rule.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I would not worry about asking for too much from reimbursements. For every person going out and actually losing ships in PvP, I'm guessing there are at least 3-4 afktars sitting in belts for 8-12 hours a day. The top ratters out there are making ludicrous amounts of money, plenty of which goes back to the corporations.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I have a question, if everything in Eve works on 1 second ticks, does this mean a 2.6s targeting time won't lock any differently than 2.4s?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kheldragar posted:

I have a question, if everything in Eve works on 1 second ticks, does this mean a 2.6s targeting time won't lock any differently than 2.4s?

They lock differently, you just get the feedback on whether they locked or not at the same time.

EDIT: The only time that the one-second tick means anything in an actual gameplay context is when delayed information would change the player's response (which is why decloaking is such a minefield of weird behavior) or when the player's input doesn't reach the server in time. Everything else is simulated down to whatever arbitrary unit of time CCP decided to use.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 13, 2014

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

What's wrong with Moomin? He's always fun on comms and doing things.

Yeah Moomin's OK, he's the only ENL-* guy I recognize posting. Sorry Mooman.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Moomin the meany is awesome. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Uba Stij posted:

The main mod for r/eve, Aradon, has a noted hatred for TMC stuff.

I presume enews24 doesn't face these kinds of issues?

• Locked thread