Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rcman50166 posted:

The Furai was one of my favorite looking cars :(

Mazda always has the best concepts. Sure some of them are goofy but the bulk are so awesome they're allowed to have one or two that look inbred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Suicide doors, lambo doors, who the gently caress needs doors?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I'm hoping that opens like a jet's canopy

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

VikingSkull posted:

Suicide doors, lambo doors, who the gently caress needs doors?

I want this car so bad. :getin:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

I'm hoping that opens like a jet's canopy

It's like a funny car, the whole body shell tilts upwards

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

rscott posted:

That's good too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

rscott posted:

It's still wrong if they don't put a rear facing bench in it, performance be damned. :colbert:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Whats wrong with the front of that ca...:catstare:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNiXU42Sdhg

Don't worry, it loves you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Hahahahaha that's so loving awesome hahaha

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I love that at a quick glance you could mistake the turbo for some horns. ....if you, you know....not pay attention to the intercooler.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
The foam finger is loving aces. Where was this car when we participated in the Olympic ceremonies?

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
If you're going to drive a purple Challenger, you may as well own it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

travisray2004 posted:

I love that at a quick glance you could mistake the turbo for some horns. ....if you, you know....not pay attention to the intercooler.

Much better than the guys try to point out their supertone horns as being turbos :rolleyes:

I would drive that thing into the ground, rolling burnouts erryday.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Time Travel by T1g4h, on Flickr

Spotted this on Main Street, thought for a second I'd gone back in time.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 13, 2014

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

karma.jpg

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
This is from the same neighbor that owns (owned? haven't seen it in a while) a Porsche 928

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Hirethor posted:

This is from the same neighbor that owns (owned? haven't seen it in a while) a Porsche 928

That's awesome and I have wanted to do something like that for a long time.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What does it say on the back window?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

CharlesM posted:

What does it say on the back window?
Looks like "I AM BOOMERJINKS HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I HAVE THE NUMBER #1 GREATEST REPLICA JP JEEP EVER SERIOUSLY NO ONE HAS EVER BUILT ON THIS GREAT AND AUTHENTIC AND STUFF BEFORE AND oh hey that's a good idea i'm going to steal those images and sell them as posters AND OMG I LOANED YOU MY JEEP AND NOW IT HAS SCRATCHES that i caused AND YOU OWE ME MONEY"

Serious answer: It appears to have a phone number at the bottom, so it's probably either "Give your kids the real life Dinasaur XXperience (708)555-2368" or "I sell lotions that will magically make you skinny (even though I obviously don't use them) (708)555-2386" or, finally, "I AM A REALTER AND YOU NEED TO BUY A HOUSE (708)555-2386".

Oh, and :hfive: Slavvy, and wrong loving thread, dude.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 13, 2014

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Krakkles posted:

Looks like "I AM BOOMERJINKS HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I HAVE THE NUMBER #1 GREATEST REPLICA JP JEEP EVER SERIOUSLY NO ONE HAS EVER BUILT ON THIS GREAT AND AUTHENTIC AND STUFF BEFORE AND oh hey that's a good idea i'm going to steal those images and sell them as posters AND OMG I LOANED YOU MY JEEP AND NOW IT HAS SCRATCHES that i caused AND YOU OWE ME MONEY"

Serious answer: It appears to have a phone number at the bottom, so it's probably either "Give your kids the real life Dinasaur XXperience (708)555-2368" or "I sell lotions that will magically make you skinny (even though I obviously don't use them) (708)555-2386" or, finally, "I AM A REALTER AND YOU NEED TO BUY A HOUSE (708)555-2386".

:lol::lol:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
If they actually made a production bubble roof kit for Explorers I would have already gone broke doing this to my 93 XLT...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Krakkles posted:

:master:

Wasabi the J posted:

If they actually made a production bubble roof kit for Explorers I would have already gone broke doing this to my 93 XLT...

Those would've been utterly useless if you actually wanted to, you know, see the dinosaurs.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh gently caress yes, I was completely drawn to the Ford Explorers in JP as a kid due to that goddamn roof bubble.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Were they Explorers in the book or 4runners? Is that a Bronco grille?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CharlesM posted:

Were they Explorers in the book or 4runners? Is that a Bronco grille?

Nope, it's a Ranger grille! the Explorer and Bronco were both Ranger derivatives.

And they were actually Landcruisers in the book. Downsizing for 'merica! :911:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
...and in The Lost World, they used the Mercedes ML-class as their GRR TOUGH OFFROADER, since I'm sure Mercedes put up a chunk of money to make sure their all-new ML-class was front and center. Hooray product placement!

e: Also, that grille looks like the regular 91-94 Explorer grille to me.

bandman fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 13, 2014

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

bandman posted:

...and in The Lost World, they used the Mercedes ML-class as their GRR TOUGH OFFROADER, since I'm sure Mercedes put up a chunk of money to make sure their all-new ML-class was front and center. Hooray product placement!
Still not as blatant as...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bandman posted:

That's literally what happened. Jeff Goldblum also got one for free to show up at MB headquarters to say, "Hi," when the movie was released.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 13, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Oh yeah, I know they put up a bunch of money for the placement. Poor choice of words, I suppose.

They have one of the movie MLs on display in the museum at their plant outside Birmingham, Alabama, where they've made those pieces of poo poo since they were introduced.

Lastronaut
Oct 18, 2006

Motronic posted:

karma.jpg

Ah, Shitpart. Karma indeed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Lastronaut posted:

Ah, Shitpart. Karma indeed.

What is it with Brits and bad puns, especially when it comes to car names? It's getting ridiculous on a couple of the British-based car forums I read.

For instance, Cistern or Shitroen instead of Citroën, Pickarsehole instead of Picasso, Mondingo istead of Mondeo, Vulva instead of Volvo, and the list goes on and on.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

KozmoNaut posted:

What is it with Brits and bad puns, especially when it comes to car names? It's getting ridiculous on a couple of the British-based car forums I read.

For instance, Cistern or Shitroen instead of Citroën, Pickarsehole instead of Picasso, Mondingo istead of Mondeo, Vulva instead of Volvo, and the list goes on and on.

I think that particular brand of dim wit is localised to car forums (this one excepted for the most part)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Found a couple more. Highway cod/clod instead of highway code and Audi Titty instead of Audi TT :rolleyes:

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

KozmoNaut posted:

It's the natural evolution of cockney rhyming slang

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

As someone who spends alot of time around car folks and mechanics alike, I have never heard any of those. Maybe Shitroen once or twice.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fucknag posted:

the Explorer and Bronco were both Ranger derivatives.

While the Explorer was a derivative of the Ranger (a 1/4 ton truck) the Bronco sure wasn't. That's based on an F150. It then became the Expedition, with the Excursion being similar but based on the F250/350.

The only thing called "Bronco" that was based on the Ranger was the short-lived Bronco II, which was just an Explorer before they called it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
God, the Bronco IIs always make me laugh. That and the Mustang II. Ford...LOL.