Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Toymachine posted:

He'll be a Bronco by the end of today.

In other news, more details about the Saffold fiasco are coming to light

More importantly...

I'm sure McKenzie will find a way to passive aggressively diss them and they will all leave without signing though.

I don't think Reggie's problem is getting players to sign. I think he's got an eye for talent but gets really unlucky with injuries. He's great at getting players to sign (he has a problem at valuing players terribly though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

shiksa posted:

For some reason I thought Tracy Porter was way older than he is. Is there a reason he's been bouncing around teams for the past few years?

When he plays well, he's good. But when he sucks, he really sucks.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Raiders just reek of the de facto 'last paycheck' team who are desperate to get anyone to come in. I remember the parade of declining players that came into Cincy every offseason a decade or so ago.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Has anyone said anything about Wilfork that wasn't true? No one ever said he was a lovely player. But he's 300+ pounds, turning 33, and he's coming off an ACL tear, which is difficult to come back from even when you're young and not a big fat dude. The Patriots asked him to restructure and he said no, and as good as he's been he's no longer worth $11 million.

I expect some team somewhere in need of an NT will back a dump truck full of cash up to his house though.

Man it will emotionally be tough if he goes to the Broncos.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong but the last year the cap hit from the signing bonus is the same whether you cut a player or not. He has no reason to resign with the pats before seeing his value on the market. He still probably winds up there because they need a NT badly.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Ozu posted:

It looks like Nicks left Carolina without a deal. They were offering $4-5m/per.

@RapSheet
With Hakeem Nicks visiting Indy, #Panthers have renewed interest in Brandon LaFell, who left NE without a deal. LaFell is in Charlotte today

I would much rather be trying to retain Ginn than LaFell.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Toymachine posted:

When he plays well, he's good. But when he sucks, he really sucks.

Ehhhhh, gently caress it still better than Josh Wilson.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Where else could Nicks wind up if not in Carolina?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Often injured, high potential player?

He's getting a phone call from Oakland

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Cleveland.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

davecrazy posted:

Indy. I don't see it though, Carolina can offer more money, a bigger role in the offense, and it's his hometown.

Like unless Gettleman is sitting there meeting with Nicks and threatening to break his ankles I can't see how it's not getting done.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Marketing New Brain posted:

Correct me if I am wrong but the last year the cap hit from the signing bonus is the same whether you cut a player or not. He has no reason to resign with the pats before seeing his value on the market. He still probably winds up there because they need a NT badly.

This is correct, since it's his last year there's nothing left to accelerate to this year if he's cut

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

shiksa posted:

Ehhhhh, gently caress it still better than Jason David.

Fixed that for you.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Indy or San Diego. He wants to play with a good QB.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Blitz7x posted:

Often injured, high potential player?

He's getting a phone call from Oakland

Oft injured is a little strong.

He's never played fewer then 13 games a year. A foot injury would gently caress anybody up, especially a skill position guy.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Ex-Texan LB Darryl Sharpton signs with Washington on 1 year deal worth up to $2m. He was injured a lot but was an okay ILB when healthy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sharpton's just a body, really. Doesn't react all that well, doesn't shed blockers, isn't the best tackler, is a liability in coverage. Of the LBs that left, it's Joe Mays I would have preferred to keep, but neither one of them were really worth getting into any kind of bidding war for. Not that there's anyone better waiting to step up either... It really says something that Sharpton and Mays were the best options once Cushing went down

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Justin Tuck is a Raider, 2 years / $11m barring his physical

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Schefter reporting Tuck a Raider

e;fb

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Tuck's a Raider. 2 years 11 mil.

Beaten so have this

Evil Mike Tomlin @EvilMikeTomlin
Vince Wilfork says he wants out of New England because there's no food left for him. 2:46 PM 13 Mar 14

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

1 down

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Intruder posted:

This is correct, since it's his last year there's nothing left to accelerate to this year if he's cut

Someone said though that cutting Wilfork would bring about 20 million free in the cap, so that's something real positive. Time to splurge! :v:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Justin Tuck is a Raider.

e: fb

Godspeed Justin. I will never forget you sacking the poo poo out of Tom Brady when it mattered, also that strip sack fumble of swollen hand Romo to win the 2011 NFCE.

Enjoy playing in a stadium that is filled with literal poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Welp, so long sweet prince

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Twice as many sacks last year as Lamar Houston, thank jesus

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Mister Fister posted:

Someone said though that cutting Wilfork would bring about 20 million free in the cap, so that's something real positive. Time to splurge! :v:

Uh, no.

Who keeps telling you these things?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

davecrazy posted:

Justin Tuck is a Raider.

They're converting him to an OT

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'd wait on that news with Tuck, because if the raiders had buyers' remorse on Saffold's shoulder, boy do I have something to tell them about tuck's shoulder(s)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
gently caress it, trade up for Clowney. The Giants without a DE from the Strahan tree just feels wrong. We're the god damned Giants, we can't get by on our schtick with a third round sophomore and a lower back injured freakazoid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mister Fister posted:

Do you believe everything positive everyone tells you about the Patriots? Like, you have no filter?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

$8m in cap savings, $3.6m in dead money.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This season coming up.

But then why... Did you put was...

Huh?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

gently caress it, trade up for Clowney. The Giants without a DE from the Strahan tree just feels wrong. We're the god damned Giants, we can't get by on our schtick with a third round sophomore and a lower back injured freakazoid.

Ah that's what happened to JPP! Something didn't feel right about Romo surviving a Giants game without getting pounded by a d-lineman.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Giants declined to match Tuck.

@RVacchianoNYDN
The terms of the contract are two years, $11 million, according to @AdamSchefter. As promised, Tuck gave the Giants a chance to match.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Tuck probably just wanted the chance to play on a dirt infield.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ozu posted:

$8m in cap savings, $3.6m in dead money.

Yeah, the Pats had 12 million already free, so that 8 million in cap savings would make it 20 million.

NC-17 posted:

Do you believe everything positive everyone tells you about the Patriots? Like, you have no filter?

:rolleyes:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I'm assuming that I should be angry and depressed about this?

Also, wtf is up with Wilfork? I thought he was one of the true believers up there?

Donald Penn is young and seemed to be pretty drat adequate so I'd be happy with that at RT compared to the Jon Martin shitshow

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ozu posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN
The terms of the contract are two years, $11 million, according to @AdamSchefter. As promised, Tuck gave the Giants a chance to match.

Jerry Reeses FA negotiating tactic is to tell a player: We think you're with X, take it or leave it.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah, the Pats had 12 million already free, so that 8 million in cap savings would make it 20 million.

:rolleyes:

Yeah but you could not have worded that any worse. 'Cutting Wilfork frees up 20 million in cap money'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ozu posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN

Tuck owned as a Giant and I'll still wear his jersey with pride for a long time, but the dude was kinda finished for 3 years. Fought through a lot of injuries to keep playing and I hope he has a good finish to his career in better weather :unsmith:

Flozell ruined his career with a dirty leg whip a long time ago. gently caress Flozell Adams.

• Locked thread