Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Waroduce posted:

Guys maybe if we do the football fun house combine the raiders will sign one of us. They need to throw some money away anyway

I wasn't good enough to be drafted out of college but I'm sure I could do slightly better than Lucas goddamn Nix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mister Fister posted:

It's always weird when coaches try to shoehorn their schemes on players rather than fitting the scheme to the players they have.

I think it's an ego issue. My scheme is perfect therefore any failings are due to the player and I refuse to adjust the scheme to fit a player who is the reason the scheme isn't working. Or something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nail Rat posted:

Wait they're keeping him?

Yeah. There's no real benefit in cutting him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Could the Dolphins get Wilfork if he decides to leave? Obviously not at his current salary, but I could see Wilfork wanting to come back to Miami.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Why did he go to a 3-4 team when he looked terrible under Pagano's scheme?

E: Educate me. What's the difference between an MLB in a 4-3, and an ILB in the 3-4? Which traits are more important to which?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Vince no :smith:

jeffersonlives posted:

I know y'all aren't going to want to admit it because of his name value and popularity, but Wilfork was dreadful and looked like a dude who was too hurt to be out there even before he blew his Achilles. He was a hell of a player for a long time before that, but the Patriots absolutely got improved interior line play from the generic replacement quality guys from what Wilfork was giving them very early in the season.

I know that objectively but...

:smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

John Brown posted:

Why did he go to a 3-4 team when he looked terrible under Pagano's scheme?

To the team ran by Pagano's brother, no less

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
The Dolphins run a 4-3 right? Seems like a bit of a waste for the Dolphins.

e: to swickles

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Freeney was like 8th ranked at his position in the three games he played and only costs 4 million. Why would you cut him?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

shiksa posted:

The Dolphins run a 4-3 right? Seems like a bit of a waste for the Dolphins.

e: to swickles

Wilfork can play either scheme, it's just that he's old and coming off an achilles injury (plus he has other nagging injuries).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nawid posted:

Freeney was like 8th ranked at his position in the three games he played and only costs 4 million. Why would you cut him?

Yeah pretty much. Low risk high reward

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Mister Fister posted:

Wilfork can play either scheme, it's just that he's old and coming off an achilles injury (plus he has other nagging injuries).

don't forget he's good in coverage :v:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aw man we missed out on Collins, and now Nicks is visiting Indy. I gotta go to work in a minute and call a bunch of people because half my staff have food poisoning and the owners away on holidays so I get to run the poo poo show. Then this morning I broke a shoe lace.

Sometimes I don't believe in karma then I have a day like today and remember all the poo poo I've done in my life.

If we lose out on Nicks probably going to kill myself.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Serisothikos posted:

Vince no :smith:

I know that objectively but...

:smith:

in the arms of the angel

fly away from here

from this dark cold hotel room

and the endlessness that you fear

you are pulled from the wreckage

of your silent reverie

you're in the arms of the angel

may you find some comfort here

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The Vikings have re-signed Fred Evans to a 1-year deal. He's a good rotational player. Decent against the run and he has a very quick first step. It sounds like signing him may not preclude the Vikings from adding Melton, since they need DL depth.

No word on Munnerlyn or Melton yet. The last I heard was that Munnerlyn was still at Winter Park and Melton was supposed to arrive in the afternoon. Hopefully, a deal with Munnerlyn can be reached soon.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
And just like that, the post-revis high is gone

Why couldn't you have restructured vince, take an extra year for a pay cut

If this is the end, I'll miss you, you glorious man.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
We'll make sure you have plenty of gigantic Big Y pizzas and grinders packed for the trip, Vince. :smith:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Vince Wilfork is probably going to have some cray cray medical bills when he retires, so I hope he can get every penny possible right now.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Titans just signed Charlie Whitehurst, 2yrs, up to $8mil. Seems pretty steep for Whitehurst.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

$8M for two years of Charlie Whitehurst. Huh.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Titans just signed Charlie Whitehurst, 2yrs, up to $8mil. Seems pretty steep for Whitehurst.
Haha what is the NFL's fascination with giving Charlie Whitehurst money

Nov 6, 2002

Well there are a lot of evangelical types in the NFL.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Quest For Glory II posted:

Haha what is the NFL's fascination with giving Charlie Whitehurst money

He's got the best hair in the league, dude.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

NC-17 posted:

Vince Wilfork is probably going to have some cray cray medical bills when he retires, so I hope he can get every penny possible right now.

You're probably right, sadly.

He's 32, I get it, but the two sides couldn't do a restructure for 2/15 with the first year fully guaranteed & converted to signing bonus or something?

The NFL is just ruthless, man. If he ends up in Denver somehow I'm going to drown myself

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope Miami offers him a new washer/dryer combo set AND a brand new dishwasher as a signing bonus.

Nov 6, 2002

Just wait till they cut Brady in a year and he finishes his career with the Jets. TFF will drink the sweet, nourishing tears that flow.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

ShakeZula posted:

Jake needs a mentor.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Ziggy Hood got 16 million over 4 years. That's really banking that he'll be as good a pro in a 4-3 as he was in college.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ugh, Colts signed Phil Costa. Hope it's for the minimum and not to be the starter.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
DT Vance Walker may be visiting the Packers soon.

AFC West fans, is this guy any good?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chargers signed Kellen "Why isn't this guy the starte---ohh... ohhhh oh why would you throw that" Clemens to be Rivers' backup.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is there anyone still out there that the Eagles can/should get? Preferrably dudes to make the defense at least not a laughingstock?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

superaielman posted:

On a different note, Andrew Quarless reupped with the Packers.

I guess that means we won't be keeping Finley. Quarless showed flashes of potential while playing with Flynn this season, but didn't seem to click as well with Rodgers.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

StarcraftM posted:

You're probably right, sadly.

He's 32, I get it, but the two sides couldn't do a restructure for 2/15 with the first year fully guaranteed & converted to signing bonus or something?

The NFL is just ruthless, man. If he ends up in Denver somehow I'm going to drown myself

Poor thing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What the gently caress Titans. You're supposed to spend that money on an inside linebacker or a defensive end. $8 million!?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Is there anyone still out there that the Eagles can/should get? Preferrably dudes to make the defense at least not a laughingstock?
Depends on whether they release Cary Williams tomorrow I guess. At this point the Eagles will probably look to the draft for their pass rusher. The only big name rusher left is Peppers who is 34 and deserves no more than a "2 year" deal.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

Ziggy Hood got 16 million over 4 years. That's really banking that he'll be as good a pro in a 4-3 as he was in college.

If the Jags get Clowney, Hood will be that good. That could end up being a very good DL.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

It's not a laughingstock so long as they hold onto Cole, Cox, and Graham. I mean really, our defense was league average last year and we just improved our S and CB situations a bit.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

What the gently caress Titans. You're supposed to spend that money on an inside linebacker or a defensive end. $8 million!?

hey hey, up to $8 million!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

You can't pass up a talent like Charlie

• Locked thread