Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Haha that is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

Well yea, that would be amazing. But at the very least take that as a good sign you won't be drafting Manziel #1.

Every time I think about drafting Clowney I get sad about no Teddy, every time I think about drafting Teddy I get sad about no Clowney. Sure is tough to have the #1 pick

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Intruder posted:

Every time I think about drafting Clowney I get sad about no Teddy, every time I think about drafting Teddy I get sad about no Clowney. Sure is tough to have the #1 pick

That's what I felt about Jamarcus, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis that year. CHOOSE WISELY!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There's an alternate timeline where Calvin Johnson ate his way out of the league and Jamarcus Russel just lead the Detroit Lions to their second Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. That's got to be a funny place to hang out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Toymachine posted:

That's what I felt about Jamarcus, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis that year. CHOOSE WISELY!

Peterson is a tragic enough story on the Vikings, I can't even imagine what it would be like if he were laboring in Oakland. :smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There's an alternate timeline where Calvin Johnson ate his way out of the league and Jamarcus Russel just lead the Detroit Lions to their second Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. That's got to be a funny place to hang out.

Alternate Universe JaMarcus Russell is repulsed by purple drank, and runs a childhood fitness charity in his spare time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt Barrows
‏@mattbarrows
The Raiders announce they've signed former #49ers CB Tarell Brown.

Boooooo.

Edit: missed it was already posted. Whoops

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nice knowing you guys. I'm going to hang myself.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's okay buddy. You'll draft O'dell Beckham Jr. and he'll be your next Steve Smith.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Glad to see Raji got a "prove it" type contract. My guess is the line will be D. Jones, Raji, Daniels this season. Raji has suffered since moving from NT, so putting him back there will probably help a lot. Plus it's a huge re-do for him this year because the interest seemed pretty quiet.

Little sad but not surprised that EDS got picked up by Tampa. He was painfully average, but very consistent. Not a super high ceiling. The organization has been pretty clear that they weren't big on him and I guess Rodgers' even slight lobbying didn't help. Tampa did, however, overpay. Looks like Tretter will be our starter unless we draft someone.

Now's the time that Ted gets his two-year contracts ready. I still wouldn't be surprised if we pick up Owen Daniels on the cheap, same goes for Hester. Both spots are really needed. Not sure what if anything they would do on the defensive side of the ball.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Nice knowing you guys. I'm going to hang myself.

How did you manage to go forward in time and quote exactly what Cam Newton's post-game presser in Week 14 will consist of?

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Chichevache posted:

The makings of? That's a loving hell of an understatement. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Revis and Browner is probably the best corner tandem in the league right now, unless Byron Maxwell makes a loving huge leap in 2014.

Huge leap? Maxwell was better than Browner last year. I'm betting the same holds true this year. No disrespect to Browner, who is great and I love the man, but Maxwell was flat out fantastic. Nobody thought Browner was getting his starting job back even if he'd won the suspension appeal.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's okay buddy. You'll draft O'dell Beckham Jr. and he'll be your next Steve Smith.

Everyone in the world has mocked him to KC so they'll have to trade up.

Please trade up, we could use more picks.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Obvious solution is to trade all of next years draft for the number 2 spot too!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

And the Raiders upgraded with Justin Tuck. I ain't mad

I'll take it one step further and say the Raiders have had a really solid FA strat, the Safford poo poo notwithstanding. They're building up the def/off lines, which is really a smart way to rebuild a franchise. Even the deal McFadden signed is actually a pretty smart move, seeing how it's structured.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

quote:

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Steelers
ESPN reports free agent Emmanuel Sanders may not receive the long-term contract he wants due to medical concerns regarding his feet.
Sanders has a screw in each of his feet and was limited by a foot injury the last two months of 2014. He is reportedly looking for something close to the five-year, $31 million, $13 million guaranteed deal Golden Tate received from the Lions, but his injury history should put that kind of money out of reach. Sanders may have to settle for a one or two-year deal. He is our No. 5 remaining free-agent wide receiver.

Yeah I can't see Emmanuel Sanders getting that much. If that's what he wants, KC is gonna let him walk.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That seems like a reasonable deal for a completely healthy Sanders but if you sign him for two years (which is the preferred option there I would assume) then he's almost definitely holding out for an extension the second year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

EvilBeard posted:

Colts get Nicks for 1y/3.5M base with incentives. If he's healthy, that's a pretty solid deal. He can't be any worse than DHB was.

A one year deal for that little was the best he could manage and the Giants didn't want to match that? What the gently caress did this guy do to piss them off so bad, have a 3some with Rooney and Kate Mara?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Yay for Browner.

I bet what happened was the Pats and Browner basically had a verbal agreement in place and had yet to finalize it with the contract, but at the same time, maybe the agent made one last push from other teams to try to put some leverage on the Pats in order to tweak the contract some more, but Browner probably blabbed to his friends at the same time about signing with the Pats and that's how we got that clusterfuck from yesterday to today.

Edit: hopefully we get some of this in the secondary now, haven't really had a hard hitting safety since Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison (assuming he's put there that is):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV0rDXO0o20&feature=youtu.be

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 15, 2014

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The raiders are going to offer Cam 6 years 180 all guaranteed next offseason.

Dolphins gave Finnegan almost as much as Verner got :(

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If his feet checked out fine, I could see him fetching 5 per year. Chiefs can't afford it unless it's a completely backloaded deal.

Also seems the Vance Walker signing is official finally. He had 43 QB pressures to Tyson Jackson's 8 in 2013. :laugh:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Who else do they really need to worry about in the AFC?

Ravens are winning the AFC, man

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm actually not that interested in winning the Superbowl this year. I just want Joe Flacco to shatter Manning's yardage record.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Free Agency is kinda kicking rear end this year

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Sanders is a pretty solid #2, especially if you have a QB like Ben who scrambles to extend plays. He is really good at helping a QB extend the play and showing up at the right spot. Guys like Romo, Wilson, and JFF would utilize him best.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

swickles posted:

Guys like Romo, Wilson, and JFF would utilize him best.

Joe Fuckin' Flacco could use him, sure.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Athanatos posted:

The draft is going to be even more fun, one of the best ones in recent memory.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Athanatos posted:

As a Colts fan, the signings they've made this year make 10x more sense than the ones they did last year. I don't feel they've drastically overpaid for anybody and each FA fills a pretty big need. The only one really don't like is the center from Dallas. Why they didn't go all-in for Mack surprises me. Even a 1-year deal could set up a long-term contract next year. Maybe there's another deal in the works with the remaining 8 or so million they have. We need a safety and some interior lineman badly.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Athanatos posted:

We still have 15 mil or so if you take out the rookie cash, but nobody to spend it on. Might make an offer to Mack that Cleveland has to match, and hey maybe scoop up Wilfork if he gets cut.

FooF posted:

As a Colts fan, the signings they've made this year make 10x more sense than the ones they did last year. I don't feel they've drastically overpaid for anybody and each FA fills a pretty big need. The only one really don't like is the center from Dallas. Why they didn't go all-in for Mack surprises me. Even a 1-year deal could set up a long-term contract next year. Maybe there's another deal in the works with the remaining 8 or so million they have. We need a safety and some interior lineman badly.

We need a FS, yes, and a Center. Guard is pretty much set since Donald Thomas will be back from injury and they will surely draft another interior backup outside of Costa. I think at this point the Colts may do some bargain shopping but will hold some cash to upgrade in case teams cut valuable guys around training camp.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

FooF posted:

At least with Costa there's the benefit of his dad-in-law Hulk Hogan possibly showing up and hanging out in the locker room.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy crap :stare:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-WR-Steve-Smith/b0036393-6872-4ceb-8cf2-67469af32d56

That's a Ravens media guy interviewing Steve Smith and it's sort of shocking. I guess I've only ever seen Smith during or right after games. I never would have expected him to be so pleasant and personable. The guy is downright neighborly.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm Real Mad the Niners didn't retain Brown if that was all it took for him to sign. If they land Thurmond or Sanders I'll feel better about it, but if they go into the season expecting Cook or Wright to get significant playing time then that's hosed.

Also if the Panthers were cutting Steve Smith expecting Nicks to be their silver bullet they're pretty hosed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon 38m
So glad to be the newest member of the Buffalo Bills...gonna make this thang offficial in the morning...#BillsMafia

Well LaMichael James, your roster spot may be safe for one more year. Why don't you go tweet about it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@JasonLaCanfora: Hearing Cowboys interest in Julius Peppers is quite real. Obvious ties to Marinelli and with DAL Front 4 being picked clean, big need too

money is no object

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Nice thing about Steve Smith being signed by the Ravens is that it takes them out of the running for Edelman and from the looks of it, the chance he returns to the Pats has increased quite a bit.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

LiquidFriend posted:

If his feet checked out fine, I could see him fetching 5 per year. Chiefs can't afford it unless it's a completely backloaded deal.

Also seems the Vance Walker signing is official finally. He had 43 QB pressures to Tyson Jackson's 8 in 2013. :laugh:

Walker is a huuuge upgrade over TJax

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon 38m
So glad to be the newest member of the Buffalo Bills...gonna make this thang offficial in the morning...#BillsMafia

Well LaMichael James, your roster spot may be safe for one more year. Why don't you go tweet about it?

I'm glad Boobie found a home, but also happy to have him gone. My off-season will be perfect if we can trade LMJ for (insert anything of value here) and draft Devonta Freeman.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Puppy Bowl posted:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-WR-Steve-Smith/b0036393-6872-4ceb-8cf2-67469af32d56

That's a Ravens media guy interviewing Steve Smith and it's sort of shocking. I guess I've only ever seen Smith during or right after games. I never would have expected him to be so pleasant and personable. The guy is downright neighborly.

Until he tries to murder a teammate in practice anyway

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Steve Smith is a grown rear end man with like 5 kids. He just takes no poo poo.

Steve Smith definitely votes Republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

NC-17 posted:

Revis, Browner and McCourty are the makings of a very good secondary.

Dennard will be out of jail by the time the season starts, right? And Logan Ryan made some great plays. I agree with everything you said about Arrington being a decent nickel corner and special teamer, but he might be 5th best corner on the team now, if that.

• Locked thread