Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008

The Born Approx. posted:

So has anyone checked antarctica yet?

Actually just Hitler fleeing the bunker to the ice base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Does anyone know FOR SURE where Bush and Obama were that night? It's quite easy to make high quality latex masks these days how do we know they weren't flying the plane?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Sinjang posted:

I think this is where they're getting the Kyrgyz/Chinese border thing from. The last ping was sent from somewhere on this red line. I'm presuming those Malaysian officials have some extra information which leads them to believe it's on the northern line and not the southern one.

Other than wishful thinking? I doubt it. I think its more likely that its now on the ocean floor somewhere west of Australia, and will never be found.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
"We cant find the plane in the ocean or on land, therefore we conclude there never was a plane. Welp, bye. "

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
The dark occultic season of sacrifice (season of mass casualties through false flags) starts from the Spring Equinox of March 20th this year to the Solstice of June 21st. Traditionally this is the season of sowing the seeds and fertilizing the ground and conducting fertility related rituals for a good harvest.

In dark occult traditions the belief is that the soil must be fertilized with blood through sacrifice ("tree of liberty must be fertilized with the blood of patriots and tyrants") and reap the desired 'harvest'.

Its just 5 days to the beginning of the season of orchestrated false flags, with Hitler's birthday on the 20th April as a possible false flag date up to the Beltane Ritual of May 1st.

Assuming the plane is in Diego Garcia, they would be setting the wheels in motion for whatever they are planning, be it the flashpoint in Ukraine or someplace else to galvanize the world into World War 3. The mystery cargo that Sorcha Faal mentioned, assuming it isn't disinformation, might be the stuff required to carry out the false flag that by diverting the flight they prevented the Chinese on Hainan Island from finding out.

Meanwhile up to that point the world's attention will be focused on the search in the Andaman Islands. The disappearance of MH370 has already hogged the headlines effectively over the crisis in Ukraine, hoping less people will voice opposition to what's going on over there, and the latest moves to search that part of the Indian ocean will keep attention away from the situation in Ukraine.

The chess pieces are probably already falling in place. Whatever happens we will have to stay away from getting emotionally sucked into World War 3.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

CactusWeasle posted:

"We cant find the plane in the ocean or on land, therefore we conclude there never was a plane. Welp, bye. "

Fly Solpistic Air.

Jacobeus
Jan 9, 2013
I'm still going with the theory that the crew and passengers defected to Antarctica. It's within range of those satellite pings. It's quite likely that they're building their post-capitalist utopian society as we speak...

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
Bhutan and Bangladesh are getting no respect. The media could at least give them a cursory glance as terror mastermind suspects.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

WastedJoker posted:

They've probably resorted to cannibalism now. Wonder what Chinese people taste like.

Egg roll

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Sinjang posted:

Does climbing above max altitude really lead to depressurization? I thought it just caused a stall.

No

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

So have any of the mainstream media outlets speculated about the possibility of the Langoliers taking the plane yet? This seems to me to be the next rational scenario to be examined.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Fuckstick posted:

So have any of the mainstream media outlets speculated about the possibility of the Langoliers taking the plane yet? This seems to me to be the next rational scenario to be examined.

This was the first thing I thought about and I have been making Langoliers jokes all week but nobody laughs because only like ten people saw that movie.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

bad day posted:

This was the first thing I thought about and I have been making Langoliers jokes all week but nobody laughs because only like ten people saw that movie.

Or maybe it's the fact that every third comment about this on the entire internet is a langoliers or lost reference

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

WastedJoker posted:

They've probably resorted to cannibalism now. Wonder what Chinese people taste like.

Like sesame chicken... so I've heard.

Americans taste like hamburgers and Cheeto dust.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

bad day posted:

You can't expect everyone to have the refined appreciation for cinema that we share, especially when referring to a made-for-tv masterpiece like The Langoliers.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Fuckstick posted:

interesting fact: Langoliers movie is really bizarrely long.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WastedJoker posted:

I checked imdb.my and its apparently between 30 and 650 minutes long.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Just wanted to let you guys know the plane is still missing

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Thanks for the update.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

myshl0ng posted:

Missing what?

MISSING WHAT?!?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I have a theory.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

WastedJoker posted:

it's also incredibly bad, like holy cow. bad 90s tv actors and just being boring as gently caress until the langoliers show up

and even then it's lol because bad cgi

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

WastedJoker posted:

Yeah and the original story was super loving short. oh well it had dean stockwell

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Feranon posted:

it's also incredibly bad, like holy cow. bad 90s tv actors and just being boring as gently caress until the langoliers show up

and even then it's lol because bad cgi

I remember watching it when it aired. It is pretty terrible. At least Mr Toomey is amusing.

Posting this again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqML9D4n1g
This is literally what happened to MH370

KennyLoggins fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 15, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The hijackers didn't kill everyone with hypoxia or jam all the cellphones. They told the passengers to watch the television screens for an important safety announcement then played a hypnotic subliminal brainwashing video to create a small army of sleeper cell terrorist agents to disperse around the world.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

goatse.cx posted:

The disappearance of MH370 has already hogged the headlines effectively over the crisis in Ukraine, hoping less people will voice opposition to what's going on over there, and the latest moves to search that part of the Indian ocean will keep attention away from the situation in Ukraine.

This is the saddest part of the whole thing. 'Look shiny things!' has won over the 24 hour news cycle. :smith:

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Lobok posted:

The hijackers didn't kill everyone with hypoxia or jam all the cellphones. They told the passengers to watch the television screens for an important safety announcement then played a hypnotic subliminal brainwashing video to create a small army of sleeper cell terrorist agents to disperse around the world.

Arrah rackball!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Arrah rackball!

You blew it with the last two L's.

What really boggles the mind is that a fully fueled Long Range 777 can pretty much go anywhere in the world no?

Just imagine if this was a 777-200LR filled to the top.

'OK we have broadened the search to this half of the planet, more to come! Here's Wolf Blitzer!'

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

hofnar posted:

That works just as well at 35,000 or even high 20's for that matter.

I heard an "expert" mention the 45k feet number and I was really amazed, I don't know much about aviation but I know that hypoxia starts well below cruising altitude of commercial jets, any aviation "expert" should have this basic grasp of aviation seeing as if the cabin depressurized they would have to declare and emergency and immediately drastically lower their altitude before the limited supply of emergency oxygen ran out.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner

myshl0ng posted:

It's definitely on earth

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Three Olives posted:

I heard an "expert" mention the 45k feet number and I was really amazed, I don't know much about aviation but I know that hypoxia starts well below cruising altitude of commercial jets, any aviation "expert" should have this basic grasp of aviation seeing as if the cabin depressurized they would have to declare and emergency and immediately drastically lower their altitude before the limited supply of emergency oxygen ran out.

Would it kill/incapacitate passengers significantly faster at 45k than whatever's normal? Those altitude chamber videos posted, those guys seemed like would still have some fight left in them for a minute or 2.

Edit and is there portable oxygen equip available on an airliner like has been posted? Or a fixed system in the cockpit that lasts longer than the 15 mins passengers get?

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 15, 2014

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

this tragedy has relaly hit me hard. I didn't know anyone on the plane, but such a loss of life, it's unthinkable. the fact that there were kids on board makes me extra depressed. i might spend a couple extra hours in bed. it's made me consider not playing video games today. it's a nice day out and maybe i'll go for a walk in the park. this plane has shaken me to my goony core

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Herv posted:

This is the saddest part of the whole thing. 'Look shiny things!' has won over the 24 hour news cycle. :smith:

russia did it for this purpose

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Edit and is there portable oxygen equip available on an airliner like has been posted? Or a fixed system in the cockpit that lasts longer than the 15 mins passengers get?

Not if they replaced the air in the tank with farts. Makes you think no?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Herv posted:

Hey man the news is about making money not the facts. What loving bizarre world do you live in?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
How exactly would you deliberately depressurize the cabin in mid-flight? Would you need to puncture the fuselage somehow or is there a mechanism for it?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Would it kill/incapacitate passengers significantly faster at 45k than whatever's normal? Those altitude chamber videos posted, those guys seemed like would still have some fight left in them for a minute or 2.

LOL

If you ever get the chance to do an altitude chamber ride to 25K dance around and throw a few punches and report back with how that worked out for you. They won't have a minute or two fight in them because at 45K there's no, what's the word...air. FYI at 50K military pilots are required to wear a full pressure suit regardless of whether the cabin is pressurized or not.

Vin BioEthanol posted:

I'd just hold my breath!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Efvl6AwILo

hofnar fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 15, 2014

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Schwarbage posted:

How exactly would you deliberately depressurize the cabin in mid-flight? Would you need to puncture the fuselage somehow or is there a mechanism for it?

There is an automatic pressurization controller that can be operated manually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
doobie double post

• Locked thread