Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The guys behind Myth just launched MERCS: Recon. The art is pretty cool, but I'm not familiar with the MERCS world at all.

Also, it looks like 50 backers got double orders of Myth by mistake - they were told to pass on the extra to a friend or their local game store as a demo copy. I thought that was a pretty cool way to handle that snafu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

berzerkmonkey posted:

The guys behind Myth just launched MERCS: Recon. The art is pretty cool, but I'm not familiar with the MERCS world at all.

Also, it looks like 50 backers got double orders of Myth by mistake - they were told to pass on the extra to a friend or their local game store as a demo copy. I thought that was a pretty cool way to handle that snafu.

The MERCS miniature game is rad as hell and holy crap I'm kinda psyched about this. I wish there were more pledge levels, though.

e: Okay the drone mini and server minis are rad and now I really wish I had the money for this right now :(

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 13, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

S.J. posted:

The MERCS miniature game is rad as hell and holy crap I'm kinda psyched about this. I wish there were more pledge levels, though.

e: Okay the drone mini and server minis are rad and now I really wish I had the money for this right now :(

Any thoughts how it compares to a game like Infinity?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Rafael Chandler has a new project up for an OSR bestiary. I believe this is the first crowd funding campaign he has personally run and it shows a little bit with the very small amount of promotion I have seen so far. Still, his other works have been quite good if you like the kinds of things he is into creating.

Lusus Naturae
kickstarter.com/projects/rafaelchandler ... l-bestiary

As a bonus, here are some people playing through a session of his Viewscream game with puppets that is pretty entertaining:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXHU_u-Ibq0&t=186s

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

alchahest posted:

Great, now I've got an image in my head of a bunch of LARPers dancing around to the theme from Miami Connection.

Thank you
Good news, there's an official THE RÄNGËRS LARP sword available as part of the backer rewards!

Gonna be honest though, I didn't see it at first in that chart because that's one of the few KS reward tracker thing that makes figuring out what you get more complicated.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Any thoughts how it compares to a game like Infinity?

There are some aesthetic similarities, but it's much less complicated (kind of a duh comment, infinities skill interactions are bananas). All movement in MERCS is done via the stat cards for a model - you literally just put the card in base with the model and then place the model on another edge of the card. All guns have infinite range, but LOS, height and cover are very important. It's also nice that in to have an entire faction you literally just have to buy the half a dozen or so models in the faction's range, and then when you go to play a game you pick I believe 5 of them to use, each model having particular synergies with the other models in the faction. They also have game mats that you use rather than putting out terrain to make things even quicker and easier - though that wouldn't actually prevent you from using terrain if you wanted.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

S.J. posted:

There are some aesthetic similarities, but it's much less complicated (kind of a duh comment, infinities skill interactions are bananas). All movement in MERCS is done via the stat cards for a model - you literally just put the card in base with the model and then place the model on another edge of the card. All guns have infinite range, but LOS, height and cover are very important. It's also nice that in to have an entire faction you literally just have to buy the half a dozen or so models in the faction's range, and then when you go to play a game you pick I believe 5 of them to use, each model having particular synergies with the other models in the faction. They also have game mats that you use rather than putting out terrain to make things even quicker and easier - though that wouldn't actually prevent you from using terrain if you wanted.

Thanks for the info. You are spot on about the minis by the way, I got 4 FCC troops to use in my Ariadna force I thought they looked so nice.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

One week left on the 100 Deluxe Dungeons KS. Stretch goals for some more lists and a new cover by Miguel Santos have been met, and we are a little under $200 from the goal to add dungeon generators by our very own FuegoFish.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Is Myth available for purchase yet? The game looks cool but the name is generic enough that searching for it is kind of difficult

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 13, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm waiting to get my copy of Myth before I think about backing Recon, but if the minis and stuff in Myth deliver, I'm sure I will. I don't see a lot of point in the $200 level, though.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm waiting to get my copy of Myth before I think about backing Recon, but if the minis and stuff in Myth deliver, I'm sure I will. I don't see a lot of point in the $200 level, though.

I got my shipping notice for Myth today and should have it next week, so you'll probably have the opportunity to play it well before Recon ends.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Myth available for purchase yet? The game looks cool but the name is generic enough that searching for it is kind of difficult

Nope, they're still in the process of filling KS orders.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Nope, they're still in the process of filling KS orders.

HA! Like that has ever stopped companies from selling retail copies before. :)

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

TTGAMES posted more finished designs of their Wild-West HDF terrain

Industrial set:

Train set:

These should fit right into my Infinity-table. Bit low-tech, so it'll work as Ariadnes backwater.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

adhuin posted:

These should fit right into my Infinity-table. Bit low-tech, so it'll work as Ariadnes backwater.

I gave in and backed this just so I could get the Water Tower and Oil Derrick for infinity.

I'm really hoping they do a sci-fi set next, because being able to pick up small terrain pieces for £4 with free shipping is amazing

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Games & Gears just posted that all 6x4 Battle Board sets will ship with a heavy duty carrying box with handle and plastic inserts to protect the boards in the box. Very nice.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
48 hours left in Arcadia Quest. I keep trying to make myself feel excited for it, but I can't really do it. I like Eric Lang as a designer, but the rules just aren't jumping out at me. Even the miniatures aren't grabbing me, and I keep wanting an alternative to Super Dungeon Explore for chibi anime miniatures. :(

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

demota posted:

48 hours left in Arcadia Quest. I keep trying to make myself feel excited for it, but I can't really do it. I like Eric Lang as a designer, but the rules just aren't jumping out at me. Even the miniatures aren't grabbing me, and I keep wanting an alternative to Super Dungeon Explore for chibi anime miniatures. :(

What's wrong with SDE? I keep looking for a nice Dungeon raiding game, but really hate the look of the Arcadia's miniatures.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

adhuin posted:

What's wrong with SDE? I keep looking for a nice Dungeon raiding game, but really hate the look of the Arcadia's miniatures.

It's overly long and fiddly, and requires an "boss player" for what amounts to rolling a bunch of D6s.

Mice and Mystics does it better by being simpler, Descent 2nd edition does it better by being more tactical/involved.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

adhuin posted:

TTGAMES posted more finished designs of their Wild-West HDF terrain

Industrial set:

Train set:

Warmachine terrain :allears:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

demota posted:

The new SDE kickstarter is coming soon, and it looks like they will have a coop PvE mode, a 1v1 both-players-control-a-hero mode, along with the normal classic mode (which I prefer to play).

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah. A new co-op mode, a campaign mode, rebalanced cards for the previous sets, and I think they're also working on a revamped "normal" mode that has less crap that the Consul(DM) needs to track.

Edit:

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 14, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's the last week for Counterblast!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-miniatures-game

Space pirate sharks!

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Baron Snow posted:

Yeah. A new co-op mode, a campaign mode, rebalanced cards for the previous sets, and I think they're also working on a revamped "normal" mode that has less crap that the Consul(DM) needs to track.

Edit:

I like that I don't have to screw off at work to ensure I get an early bird (there are none,) and I really don't care that some people don't like SDE. I think it's a fun game with decent minis and a overall solid ruleset. It's got my pledge immediately.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I don't think I've seen mention of the Legends of the Wulin board game here yet. So I present it without further comment.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

I don't think I've seen mention of the Legends of the Wulin board game here yet. So I present it without further comment.

"We will include other gifts specials as the project progresses."

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

Has EOS finished fulfillment for their other kickstarter yet? After the debacle with the Legends of the Wulin RPG book (pre-orders were supposed to ship 45 days after purchase, ended up taking a little over a year), I'm still kind of wary of them as a company.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
That would be the Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine one?

Nope, by the looks of it they have not.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of asian themed games, the Journey boardgame manager will be coming out next week. It will even let people who didn't pledge pre-order it:
https://www.facebook.com/marrowproduction

They are hoping to get more people on as there is a "hidden" stretch goal during preorders to get some extra tiles for the game.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

LordAba posted:

Speaking of asian themed games, the Journey boardgame manager will be coming out next week. It will even let people who didn't pledge pre-order it:
https://www.facebook.com/marrowproduction

They are hoping to get more people on as there is a "hidden" stretch goal during preorders to get some extra tiles for the game.

Son of a bitch I wish I would have caught this before it closed. This looks quite interesting and the models do ACTUALLY look like good quality.
Curious to see what the actual price point will be, assuming 100 bucks or so.
Really wish I would have started looking at Kickstarters earlier. The only thing making me hesitant to back more is....what if the game sounded good and ends up freaking sucking.

Eh its a risk I guess

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Son of a bitch I wish I would have caught this before it closed. This looks quite interesting and the models do ACTUALLY look like good quality.
Curious to see what the actual price point will be, assuming 100 bucks or so.
Really wish I would have started looking at Kickstarters earlier. The only thing making me hesitant to back more is....what if the game sounded good and ends up freaking sucking.

Eh its a risk I guess

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588487845/journey-wrath-of-demons/posts The rules are piecemeal in the updates, but they are there. Also, in case you didn't know, there is a lot of overlap between the people who backed this game and the people who backed Kingdom Death... stay away from the comments if you value your sanity.

TLDR it's a cross between zombicide and Super dungeon explore.

It's a coop that focuses on position, as the enemy AI will make them go after Trip and if he dies you lose. There is a lot of random chance: die roll to hit, die roll to purify, a 50/50% chance that searching will curse you. Not enough to break anything, but there you go.

The missions look decent with big boards, huge fuckoff optional bosses, etc.

They are still fine-tuning a lot of the elements of the game. The recent updates mentioned they are working on a new search mechanic that allows you to control the risk better.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ron Edwards of the Forge and Sorcerer fame has a new kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847190685/circle-of-hands

You can get the playtest rules for free here:
http://adept-press.com/wordpress/wp-content/media/Circle-Playtest-Draft.pdf

The pitch is:
"Circle of Hands is a stark, mud-and-dung Iron Age fantasy role-playing game. I don't mind saying that it features the most brutal, jarring, fine-grained, frighteningly playable combat I have ever seen at a role-playing table. At first, the game looks like a fairly traditional tabletop RPG build, with GM, players, dice, and so on, but I've knocked every turnbuckle of this sort of play sideways with extremely consequential mechanics twists."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

InShaneee posted:

Has EOS finished fulfillment for their other kickstarter yet? After the debacle with the Legends of the Wulin RPG book (pre-orders were supposed to ship 45 days after purchase, ended up taking a little over a year), I'm still kind of wary of them as a company.
You still can't get the Wulin RPG from anywhere other than ordering it from them and then hoping they actually get the notification past the Great Firewall of China, I think.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zereth posted:

You still can't get the Wulin RPG from anywhere other than ordering it from them and then hoping they actually get the notification past the Great Firewall of China, I think.

Which I admit I just do not get. There are so many POD options out there, why did they go that route?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait I think you can also get a thirty loving dollar pdf from Drivethru.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

InShaneee posted:

Yeah, Wulin shipped ages and ages ago. The book is really nice too. They replaced Fax's shipping damaged copy free of charge too. The game looks pretty neat, although I am sort of swamped with options on KS at this point.

Zereth posted:

Wait I think you can also get a thirty loving dollar pdf from Drivethru.

Boo hoo hoo, someone is charging too much for something in some goons estimation. Oh the humanity. Maybe you can visit the 40k thread next and complain about prices there too.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Evil Mastermind posted:

Which I admit I just do not get. There are so many POD options out there, why did they go that route?

In a lot of ways they seem really bad at making money, I knew a bunch of people who missed the KS and wanted the book and were sad because it was so goddamned hard to get.

That said, $55 gets you the game, and the game looks neat as hell. Well, I have 25 days to decide I reckon.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Ron Edwards of the Forge and Sorcerer fame has a new kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847190685/circle-of-hands

You can get the playtest rules for free here:
http://adept-press.com/wordpress/wp-content/media/Circle-Playtest-Draft.pdf
I'm really glad he released the playtest document because the setting makes me :histdowns: so much. Leather armor was a real loving thing, you dumbass, and there is no bloody way to throw a spear hard enough to make it go through mail "as if it wasn't there". :argh:

Still, guess I can always disregard the dumb poo poo. I have a soft spot for violent dungfar-

Ron Edwards posted:

The gentry fight one another, and if you lose, you can expect to be hung from your feet and eviscerated, so you can look at your guts while you die. Or if male, castrated and kept naked on a leash in your enemy's hall; if female, given no food and raped daily until you starve.
:whoptc:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Man, Ron has some weird hobbies any more. I thought GNS was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dreadball Xtreme is into the final 24 hours and is already offering a lot for the sweet spot Rampage pledge, and even more if you want and are able to get some of the last completionist Frenzy packages. Lots of stretch goals still to come too, though it won't make it to the season 7 teams. Still, you get or can choose teams such as shark men, teleporting psychotic cybernetic spiders, blue crystal dudes made from translucent plastic with a junkie general mvp, warehouse droids turned battle robots, the awesome Rebs, and a select group of convicts, plus a few others, so it's a good selection already.

• Locked thread