Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's still possible they could have a trade in the works. I don't know who it would be, and they're kind of over a barrel now, but uh hang in there Panthers fans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Ian rapport
"@RapSheet: The #Patriots are closing in on a deal with Brandon LaFell, according to a source. The deal is expected to be for 3 years and roughly $11M"

Way to rich a contract for Brandon LaFell. Glad Panthers let him go. Honestly the Panthers have let two guys go from last year that were worth keeping. Gross and Smith. All the other WR's on the roster were JAGs.

They don't have the money to sign anyone really, and it isn't getting better next year. Cap hell until 2016, until then they are going to try to develop the young WR's on their roster and build for the future.

SpclKen fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 16, 2014

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

CVagts posted:

I'm not much of a drinker, but the Panthers are determined to get me to start. And I have this sinking feeling that they're going for an OT in the first round.

That wouldn't be the worst thing, seeing as this WR class is very deep and our offensive line is also in shambles. We just have so many glaring needs on this team that it's hard to see how the draft can adequately address them all. At least we have a full complement of picks for the first time in forever, I guess.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
If LaFell was a Pokemon he'd be Geodude

(stone hands)

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Homestar Runner posted:

If LaFell was a Pokemon he'd be Geodude

(stone hands)

So he'll just use Self-Destruct at the slightest provocation?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LEGO Genetics posted:

That's Graveler

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

LEGO Genetics posted:

That's Ryan Leaf.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

That wouldn't be the worst thing, seeing as this WR class is very deep and our offensive line is also in shambles. We just have so many glaring needs on this team that it's hard to see how the draft can adequately address them all. At least we have a full complement of picks for the first time in forever, I guess.

It wouldn't, but I kind of had my heart set on a receiver in the first, assuming the run of them doesn't come too early and leave it barren when the Panthers come up. But anything O-line or receiver is an automatic upgrade.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

That's Graveler

So who is the evolved form of Lafell?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

@DeAngeloRB 5m

Well looking at things as they stand Jonathan and I will be high fantasy draft picks

:allears:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Jesus this is like a nightmare.

How the hell does Rivera deal with this? He must be furious.

Sorry Deangelo, you actually have to produce for that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Toymachine posted:

I was hoping the Raiders would make a harder push for Melton but it seems like our FO took the weekend off. Maybe they're waiting for the market to settle a bit.

Whoa, Usama Young didn't re-sign himself son.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Raider fans are just going to moan about everything the team does this offseason then give us back Tarell Brown :mad:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grozz Nuy posted:

If Raider fans are just going to moan about everything the team does this offseason then give us back Tarell Brown :mad:

I don't know why you're so upset at losing Brown, Grozz. It practically guarantees this will be your favorite draft, ever (because they'll be taking three or four DBs this year).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LEGO Genetics posted:

So who is the evolved form of Lafell?

Jermichael Finley

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Jermichael Finley

Before or after the spinal injury?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

We have one DT on the roster, and he's a 6th round pick from last year who did nothing. You don't get our best CB in years because we're worried about that. :colbert:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
According to overthecap.com, the Raiders still have $51 million left in salary cap after all their signings. They are projected to be $90 mil under the cap in 2015.

:staredog:

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Raiders

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Toymachine posted:

According to overthecap.com, the Raiders still have $51 million left in salary cap after all their signings. They are projected to be $90 mil under the cap in 2015.

:staredog:

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Raiders
If they are actually keeping this updated during the weekend, the Raiders have more than 51 million left.

https://nflplayers.com/reports/public-salary-cap.htm

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo. Who's left to spend 40 million on?? We'll never keep pace with the cap floor this season. 2015 and 2016, we'll have to spend like 98% of the cap just to squeak past the floor.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Volkerball posted:

Holy poo poo. Who's left to spend 40 million on?? We'll never keep pace with the cap floor this season. 2015 and 2016, we'll have to spend like 98% of the cap just to squeak past the floor.

Raiders should trade a 6th for Sam Bradford and agree to take on his full contract. Problems solved all around.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Coldforge posted:

Raiders should trade a 6th for Sam Bradford and agree to take on his full contract. Problems solved all around.

I would actually be totally ok with this, but I don't hate the poo poo out of Bradford like everyone else. His next deal will probably be less than his rookie deal.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Trading for Bradford would actually be a fairly shrewd move by the Raiders. Shame it would never happen.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Well, uh, there's a Wilfork that's probably headed your way soon, so there's that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

I just read this thing because I was curious about the floor too and was surprised that you guys managed to spend 72% of the cap last year. I mean that's not even close to where you need to be over the four year window but it's not as bad as I was thinking.

I'm guessing some guys are going to end up with completely massive signing bonuses over the next couple of years in Oakland. It's also worth noting that the salary floor and salary cap are completely different things and don't have as much to do with each other as you'd think, if the immediate money payout from whoever you manage to sign this year is high enough you're probably a lot closer to ok than we'd assume.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Sounds like Sanders' agent is a real gem.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal?campaign=Twitter_atl

quote:

Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Broncos tomorrow, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Bucs, according to another source involved in the process.

The Dallas-based agent was recently reinstated by the NFL Players Association, which had barred and decertified him in 2003 because it had reportedly found he diverted assets to an offshore account during a dispute with a partner and collecting a fee from a client prematurely.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WugLyfe posted:

Well, uh, there's a Wilfork that's probably headed your way soon, so there's that.

Do you think Wilfork would really want to go to that hell hole? Unless the Pats somehow get the Raiders to trade a pick for him, which would be just so appropriately Raiders.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This guy probably wonders why he only had 3 clients when he goes to sleep. :shobon:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I wasn't really mad before, just more a desultory gently caress the Broncos state of mind which is normal for me. But gently caress this if it's even close to true.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Coldforge posted:

We'll just draft Clowney and sign Kaepernick to a 4 year $100 million deal next year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

I just read this thing because I was curious about the floor too and was surprised that you guys managed to spend 72% of the cap last year. I mean that's not even close to where you need to be over the four year window but it's not as bad as I was thinking.

I'm guessing some guys are going to end up with completely massive signing bonuses over the next couple of years in Oakland. It's also worth noting that the salary floor and salary cap are completely different things and don't have as much to do with each other as you'd think, if the immediate money payout from whoever you manage to sign this year is high enough you're probably a lot closer to ok than we'd assume.

We're already in a position where we have to spend 95% of the cap each of the next 3 years to meet the floor. Need to get up there, quick. If the punishment ends up being draft picks, then this whole deconstruction thing was less metaphorically cutting ourselves to the bone, and more physically.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

It's like a reverse Saints/Sproles :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

We're already in a position where we have to spend 95% of the cap each of the next 3 years to meet the floor. Need to get up there, quick. If the punishment ends up being draft picks, then this whole deconstruction thing was less metaphorically cutting ourselves to the bone, and more physically.

Oh you should definitely be mad, I'm not arguing that. But if they really need to they can just frontload the living hell out of everything and spend two or three hundred percent of the cap for floor purposes in one year if need be. Unless the NFL steps in, which they should but I'd be a little surprised by.

e: Assuming I'm reading this stuff correctly, which very well might not be the case.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Toymachine posted:

We'll just draft Clowney and sign Kaepernick to a 4 year $100 million deal next year.

That's alright, Harbs will have Gabbert trained (and bulked) up enough at that point, the transition will be seamless. It'll just mean more compensatory picks :smug:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Oh you should definitely be mad, I'm not arguing that. But if they really need to they can just frontload the living hell out of everything and spend two or three hundred percent of the cap for floor purposes in one year if need be. Unless the NFL steps in, which they should but I'd be a little surprised by.

e: Assuming I'm reading this stuff correctly, which very well might not be the case.

But in that situation, assuming the new CBA relies on the same system, we owe a gently caress ton of money that dominates the cap, none of which would count towards the new cap floor.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The top WR left on the Panthers is Marvin Mcnutt? Is this a cruel loving joke?

Dave Gettleman is MourningView

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you think Wilfork would really want to go to that hell hole? Unless the Pats somehow get the Raiders to trade a pick for him, which would be just so appropriately Raiders.

Playing next to Tuck? Why not? He's never had that kind of talent on the edges.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

davecrazy posted:

Playing next to Tuck? Why not? He's never had that kind of talent on the edges.

And a possibly maybe potentially semi-healthy Woodley!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cam Newton is going to throw to......himself next season. At least a dozen times per game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

But in that situation, assuming the new CBA relies on the same system, we owe a gently caress ton of money that dominates the cap, none of which would count towards the new cap floor.

True, but it would push the problem away for four years, which is a pretty Raiders thing to do. Survive that next cycle and there's a whole new CBA to deal with before it matters again.

Seriously I can't believe McKenzie is as bad as this free agent year makes him seem to be. There has to be a plan of some sort doesn't there?

• Locked thread