Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
HM: Prince Devitt vs Lance Archer 3/15/14 New Japan Cup Day One
HM: Ishii vs Naito 3/15/14 New Japan Cup Day One

SaberToothedPie fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Did everyone overlook the Orton vs Cesaro match from 02/14/14 Smackdown right before the Elimination Chamber? Or was it not worthy of any nomination?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I thought it was good but nothing special. Especially when Bryan/Cesaro happened like a week before it.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

friendo55 posted:

Did everyone overlook the Orton vs Cesaro match from 02/14/14 Smackdown right before the Elimination Chamber? Or was it not worthy of any nomination?

It was right between Bryan/Cesaro and Cena/Cesaro, which were both much better.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

It was right between Bryan/Cesaro and Cena/Cesaro, which were both much better.

Yeah, the only thing that really made it stand out was that Cesaro won it, and even then I thought the Cena match made him look better.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora posted:

Yeah, the only thing that really made it stand out was that Cesaro won it, and even then I thought the Cena match made him look better.

The AA reversal flip was god-drat incredible.

Really, I'd say they were all great and people should watch all of them regardless.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
MOTYC: Ricochet & Rich Swann (The Inner City Machine Guns/Martin Luther Kings of Wrestling/Malcolm DeGeneration X) vs. AR Fox & ACH, PWG DDT4, 1/31/2014
MOTYC: Chris Hero vs. Drake Younger vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Johnny Gargano, PWG DDT4, 1/31/2014

These matches were very good **** affairs and the best on a good DDT4 card.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: Ricochet & Rich Swann (The Inner City Machine Guns/Martin Luther Kings of Wrestling/Malcolm DeGeneration X) vs. AR Fox & ACH, PWG DDT4, 1/31/2014
MOTYC: Chris Hero vs. Drake Younger vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Johnny Gargano, PWG DDT4, 1/31/2014

Second on the tag match,so many terrible life choices but what a loving match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

I think DDT4 has become my favorite PWG big event. Even more so than ASW or BOLA.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Jay Lethal vs. Tomasso Ciampa, ROH TV, 3/15

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Really, I'd say they were all great and people should watch all of them regardless.

yeah it was a really good series of matches for Cesaro. they'd really be crazy to not actually do something with him.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Jay Lethal vs. Tomasso Ciampa, ROH TV, 3/15

Seconding this.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah it was a really good series of matches for Cesaro. they'd really be crazy to not actually do something with him.

I'm expecting him to win the Battle Royal and to use that to get him face time post-Mania for a rub.

It legitimately feels like the Battle Royal at mania exists solely to put over Cesaro, actually, since they want to push him and they know a win over Swagger might not be enough (though the two could probably put on a good match in the first hour).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm half expecting him to Giant Swing El Torito and fling him over the top rope.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MOTYC

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate - Champion Gate In Osaka 2014 - Day 1 - 03/01/14

Don't watch a ton of DG but I caught this in psp.tv tonight and it was terrific.

For those who missed it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hpzii_ricochet-vs-masato-yoshino-c-dragon-gate_sport

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 20, 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Masato YOshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate Champion Gate In Osaka 2014 - Day 1 - 03/01/14

2nd this masterpiece

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SaberToothedPie posted:

HM: Ishii vs Naito 3/15/14 New Japan Cup Day One

seconding the HM after a rewatch

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate Champion Gate In Osaka 2014 - Day 1 - 03/01/14

Don't watch a ton of DG but I caught this in psp.tv tonight and it was terrific.

Third

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate - Champion Gate In Osaka 2014 - Day 1 - 03/01/14

For those who missed it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hpzii_ricochet-vs-masato-yoshino-c-dragon-gate_sport

Fourth

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Haha, looks like nobody else has nominated anything from Dragon Gate since uh, the one I nominated. But now that some more people have gotten the chance to see the thing:

MOTYC: Ricochet vs Masato Yoshino (c) - 03/02 Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka

Fantastic high-flying main event that in true Dragon Gate fashion still contains a thread of psychology to it such that it's not just a string of highspots, impressive though those are. Lots of swank reversals with a good dose of unique and painful looking submissions; that said, definitely NOT Jim Cornette or Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose approved!

EDIT: Curse you Thauros! You told me to post since you didn't feel like doing it! WELL THEN! I'll throw in another we watched tonight shortly prior:

MOTYC: KENTA vs Yuji Nagata (c) - 02/22 NOAH: The Second Navigation

If this match had happened in a New Japan ring, we'd likely be discussing this one in the same breath as last month's Naito vs Ishii matchup, Okada vs Ibushi, and such. Nagata, typically an uber-babyface these days, is booed as an outsider as he gives KENTA a mauling so vicious it'll make you forget he's actually the same age as Batista. The word "backdrop" is something of a half-truth since I don't think backs are making any contact with the mat on these maneuvers. I suppose they're "backdrops" in the sense that they're being dropped back? KENTA's not exactly backing down even though he's clearly giving up size to Nagata despite now being classified as a heavyweight instead of a junior.

If either sound interesting, you can find them on DailyMotion or Youtube or the like. Or, for the next seven days, I'll have them in my playlist.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 20, 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

second on that kenta match that was spectacularly brutal.

If you don't watch Channel of Doom every week you are missing the best 2 hours of non-cornette approved wrestling that can be seen in a 7 day period

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cena vs. Harper, 3/24 Raw

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Rodney the Piper posted:

Hell yeah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Honorable Mention

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale 3/23 New Japan Cup Final

The accidental hardway blood and the subsequent crowd response raised this to a level I never thought it would achieve. By far the best match I've seen Fale have.

Edit:Updated with link

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 25, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
3rding Cena vs Harper, I feel like it elevated Luke, which is the best thing a top guy like Cena can do in a free TV match.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Rodney the Piper posted:

nthing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Shield vs. Real Americans, Raw 3/24

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I will second this.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

NienNunb posted:

3rd, enjoyed the heck out of this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NienNunb posted:

Oh yes.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daryl Surat posted:

MOTYC: Ricochet vs Masato Yoshino (c) - 03/02 Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka
MOTYC: KENTA vs Yuji Nagata (c) - 02/22 NOAH: The Second Navigation

Just watched these, giving them both MOTYC nods. KENTA/Nagata was brutal and awesome

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Thauros posted:

Honorable Mention

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale 3/23 New Japan Cup Final

The accidental hardway blood and the subsequent crowd response raised this to a level I never thought it would achieve. By far the best match I've seen Fale have.

Seconding. I got hype for a Fale match. That alone earns it the HM.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
MOTYC: Scorpion vs. Illidan Stormrage, VGCW 3/25/14

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

can ypou stop that

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

MOTYC: Scorpion vs. Illidan Stormrage, VGCW 3/25/14

Second

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

no

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

the waluigi-dracula TLC and duke-guile were better anyway

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Only just watched RAW, I'll nth The Shield vs Real Americans, I loved that match, I feel it's accurately just shy of being a match of the year.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Please stop nominating video game matches, it was funny the first time* but now it's just annoying

*it was never funny :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Drac/Waluigi match was better anyway :colbert:

• Locked thread