Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sir Kodiak posted:

It doesn't hurt that this installment is being helmed by the Russo brothers, whose proven directing chops with quirky TV comedies makes them a natural fit for a big-budget sci-fi/action movie.

It's weird that I dont know if this is sarcasm or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Marvel is so happy with how they did The Winter Soldier that they've already hired them for Captain America 3.

"In talks" or something like that. They are waiting to see how Cap 2 will perform, but since it will likely make a lot of money it's almost a certainty.

They directed the action movie parody episode of Community. The episode was apparently really good so the logic that Marvel has is probably anybody who knows action movies enough to parody them certainly knows how to make a real one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

"In talks" or something like that. They are waiting to see how Cap 2 will perform, but since it will likely make a lot of money it's almost a certainty.

They directed the action movie parody episode of Community. The episode was apparently really good so the logic that Marvel has is probably anybody who knows action movies enough to parody them certainly knows how to make a real one.

They were originally saying that but Marvel changed their mind a couple of weeks ago and just hired them.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

effectual posted:

I thought imax stopped doing posters?

They stopped handing posters out at the Midnight/10pm showings of IMAX shows, but they still make IMAX-exclusive posters that only get sent to and only get hung up in theaters with IMAX screens.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it just me or does Chris Evans look an awful lot like Nic Cage?

Yeah, in that poster he's definitely got the Rage of the Cage in him. It's weird, because he's definitely not a man I'd describe as jowly and weird looking, like Cage is - so I dunno what happened there.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Ariza posted:

Is there anyone in the world that is looking forward to Captain America part II? I know I saw the first one, but the only thing I remember about is Quarles from Justified was in it and I kept expecting him to get creepy. I think Chris Evans is so goddamned boring and interchangeable with a few other guys who I can't name off of the top of my head.

The first Captain America film is perhaps my favorite comic book movie, so I'm looking forward to it, but honestly will likely just wait until it comes out on DVD.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

They directed the action movie parody episode of Community.

Modern Warfare was directed by Justin Lin. If you're thinking the second paintball episode, that was a Western. :spergin:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Infamous Sphere posted:

Yeah, in that poster he's definitely got the Rage of the Cage in him. It's weird, because he's definitely not a man I'd describe as jowly and weird looking, like Cage is - so I dunno what happened there.

I think it's the beakish nose and straight brow. His face is kind of making a "T" shape there, which is very SternNic™.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Not sure if it's been posted before but I really enjoy this:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
uck.

that's a clever poster.
And color halftone is a filter that doesn't get enough love.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

LightsGameraAction posted:

Besides the fact that there's probably some kind of contractual agreement with the car companies that the robots that turn into their cars be used for publicity purposes as much as possible, Bay has been very vocal in publicity for the previous three movies about what a stupid idea he thinks the Dinobots are and how he was very adamant about not using them in the first three movies, so it's possible he just wants to shy away from publicizing them.

I mean I'll cheerfully admit I don't know anything about how this works, but does Michael Bay give a gently caress how they market the movie? Obviously he wants it to do well but I'd just assume he would trust the marketing team that helped the previous 3 movies gross a zillion dollars to do their job right without much input from him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This is an indie movie that was filmed (mostly) here in Mississippi and we did a ton of equipment rental for. It's supposed to be pretty good!

It premiered at SXSW and won the audience choice award for poster design (done by Corey Holms).

I like it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why's the title in Cyrillic?????

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"Harry Lloyd" is an unfortunate name for an actor.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Corek posted:

"Harry Lloyd" is an unfortunate name for an actor.
Is that Jake Lloyd's brother? Or father?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Neither, he's the guy who played Viserys in Game of Thrones.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He was Viserys in Game of Thrones. Wil Scarlett in BBC's Robin Hood Boy Band Edition.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It's because "Harry Lloyd" is the diminutive version of this guy's name.

Granted, he won't mind, being dead and all, but naming yourself after a major, major actor is kinda a Hollywood faux pas. It would be like calling myself Bradley Pitt or Tomas Cruz.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:| really now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why are they referencing Johnny Depp's Willie Wonka now? That movie isn't recent at all.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why are they referencing Johnny Depp's Willie Wonka now? That movie isn't recent at all.

Don't you realise, its only America's greatest stand up comedian Jamie Kennedy playing Willy Wanker.

Utter dreck.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can't tell if that back right guy is supposed to be Thor or Brad Pitt from Troy, which would make as much sense as a loving Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference in 2014.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Not sure if it's been posted before but I really enjoy this:

Yeah, we just hung that up in our theater and it looks great.

Speaking of, this is right across from it and I'm totally going to ask if I can have it when it goes down, even if the movie is bad:

Such a good looking poster.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Who's the black guy in the back supposed to be

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hat Thoughts posted:

Who's the black guy in the back supposed to be

Django probably.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Wait, so there are two parody movies of the same movie? This one is on netflix..

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
No you see, The Hungover Games parodies Ted and The Hangover alongside The Hunger Games.

Completely different.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

BonoMan posted:

This is an indie movie that was filmed (mostly) here in Mississippi and we did a ton of equipment rental for. It's supposed to be pretty good!

It premiered at SXSW and won the audience choice award for poster design (done by Corey Holms).

I like it.

It's clever but boy it took me a bit to realize it wasn't called "Big Magnificent Thighs".

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

computer parts posted:

Django probably.

Wow that really fails even on the level of broad caricature.

I like this but the amount of work involved in actually reading the title doesn't seem like a great decision.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Autechresaint posted:

Wait, so there are two parody movies of the same movie? This one is on netflix..

I think we may enter a time where these "parody" movies are going to parodize each other, thereby creating a contained spiral of more and more lazy and derivative poo poo, until eventually there remain just two movies that claim to be parodies of each other, and both are just 80 minutes of an animatronic dog turd making fart noises.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Hat Thoughts posted:

I like this but the amount of work involved in actually reading the title doesn't seem like a great decision.

My initial reaction was being annoyed at having to decipher it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My initial reaction was being annoyed at having to decipher it.

Yeah, I basically went "Oh that looks pretty coo... oh god that's the title that's backwards like that?"

Good idea and it looks nice, but not very practical for advertising your film.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

davidspackage posted:

I think we may enter a time where these "parody" movies are going to parodize each other, thereby creating a contained spiral of more and more lazy and derivative poo poo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I read Chevy's label as "Awful Stupid Head" at first.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I Before E posted:

I read Chevy's label as "Awful Stupid Head" at first.

Same,and thought it was about right for these movies. Also, why no label for Tara Reid?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

I can't tell if that back right guy is supposed to be Thor or Brad Pitt from Troy, which would make as much sense as a loving Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference in 2014.

Noted Asgardian prince, Bore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lobok posted:

Same,and thought it was about right for these movies. Also, why no label for Tara Reid?

Because it would say "Tara Reid".

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Lobok posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking but that's not Tara Reid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Avril Lavigne posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking but that's not Tara Reid.

I was posting from my phone so the image was a lot smaller. Feel like the label could still apply though. Either "Junkie Train Wreck Actress" or "Low-Rent T&A".