Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I too would like to join a goon team, and I can afford to open a slot.

Edit: joined AgentsofGOON as mylan. Will buy a slot when I'm approved.

Mylan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
mm1sa approved, waiting for him to open 18th spot for mylan

E: as someone who loves exploiting things I've noticed that even though we are full up (to 17), we have 3 people pending approval to our private alliance that are flagged as members of AgentOfGoon anyways. Maybe we leave that 20th spot open and see if we can amass pending approvals to see if they will count toward the alliance total?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 16, 2014

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I bought the 19th slot.

Victory!

Also I took the liberty of adding mylan.

messagemode1 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 16, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nice. Seem like G.O.O.N. finally accepted my join request. I'll try to buy a slot as soon as I get enough HP, which -at 600 HP- should take a few days.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Joining Wailing Fungus as Schneider Heim.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Just bought another slot in AgentsofGOON

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
^joined up, will buy a slot as soon as my next hp daily reward comes up (or I get lucky with the standard cover hp draw)

edit: almost forgot, i'm in as MrTom

JohnnySmitch fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 16, 2014

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Apologies for the late reply, but 5/5 slots have now been filled in G.O.O.N. I've promoted all confirmed users in this thread.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John Mirra posted:

Apologies for the late reply, but 5/5 slots have now been filled in G.O.O.N. I've promoted all confirmed users in this thread.

Great, I'll add an extra slot as soon as I get enough HP. (there are other three people who want to join)

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I'd like to join AgentsOfGOON. I'll pony up for a slot too.

Lagotto
Nov 22, 2010

John Mirra posted:

Wouldnt mind buying an extra slot either, username Kazaam. You are full right now, so I'll check later!

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake

Schneider Heim posted:

Joining Wailing Fungus as Schneider Heim.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Wailing Fungus has 5/6. Anyone that wants to join will need to add a roster space for 700.

I have gone ahead and promoted all confirmed goon members

Moon Man fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 16, 2014

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
Jumped in Agentsofgoon as JimJumper

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

Sindri posted:

Hey, added myself to your alliance if you'll have me.
Puzzle Quest name is zetsubousensei, but mostly I've interacted with other goons as Iblis Trigger Warning.

If you are still looking, we can take you if you are willing to pony up for a seventh slot

Sindri
Nov 4, 2009

Moon Man posted:

If you are still looking, we can take you if you are willing to pony up for a seventh slot

Thanks, but I'll pass.
Created PoorGoons if someone wants to join an alliance and doesn't have HP to spend on it at the moment.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sindri posted:

Thanks, but I'll pass.
Created PoorGoons if someone wants to join an alliance and doesn't have HP to spend on it at the moment.

I just signed up here, thanks.

Zinglon
Nov 12, 2007
LP Subforum Reader

Sindri posted:

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Moved my application over here, I'm rds121488.

Sindri
Nov 4, 2009

Fyrbrand posted:

I just signed up here, thanks.

Zinglon posted:

Moved my application over here, I'm rds121488.

Alright, you're in! Still got a couple slots open.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
Joined PoorGoons as "Pbob".

Looking forward to some povvo action!

Zinglon
Nov 12, 2007
LP Subforum Reader

Sindri posted:

Alright, you're in! Still got a couple slots open.

Thanks. Got some points on the current event, so hopefully we'll all get a bit of HP.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
Joined PoorGoons as SillymanSA.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Trying to fight level 77 Daken, Magneto, & Ragnorak did not go well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Largepotato posted:

Trying to fight level 77 Daken, Magneto, & Ragnorak did not go well.

Fighting high levelled Dakens is just a pain really. You pretty much can't turn off his regen, green matches are inevitably gonna happen, and most tile clearing moves are green anyway so you can't get rid of the Strike tiles if they're out of the way. He's more annoying than hard though, what with the low health.

SuperGoons seems to be doing ok, we're at around 750 despite having only 5 members right now. I think we jumped up 500 ranks in just a few hours.
I'm at #39 in my bracket right now but I kinda want to go down a bit since my Thor's moves aren't maxed out yet. Heck, I haven't got his yellow yet.

Sindri
Nov 4, 2009

Positronbob posted:

Joined PoorGoons as "Pbob".

Looking forward to some povvo action!

Sillyman posted:

Joined PoorGoons as SillymanSA.

And that makes 5 -- when I save enough HP to add a slot, I will, but overall I think this'll be a more laid-back type of alliance.
(Add me if you wanna talk about alliance business, because I only check the thread occasionally: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mashfigaro/)

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

Did anyone from here try to join Wailing Fungus as ren84?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fighting that last Daken mission for points, finally kill him and have opportunity to wipe up the Hammer mooks.

Game crashes

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The top 3 (EDIT: and the 6th, 8th and 9th) guys in my bracket have just thrown up shields, just as the timer dropped below 8 hours. That's 150HP for an event where the only difference between 2nd and 10th is 500 ISO. I understand it if you are number 1 and have a 200 points advantage, but for the 2nd onwards?

EDIT: I would exchange my roster with number 9 in a heartbeat.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

I made one called bad alliance if anyone else is still looking for a home. Just post here if you join up as I made it private.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahah oh god the top alliance has Polkio, Nemek and a whole bunch of other obsessive MPQ players. No wonder their alliance score is twice that of the #2 alliance. Pizza Dog still holding on though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahah oh god the top alliance has Polkio, Nemek and a whole bunch of other obsessive MPQ players. No wonder their alliance score is twice that of the #2 alliance. Pizza Dog still holding on though.

Is there some kind of scoreboard to track that or something? Or do they just own everything at maxed out levels and shield everything by spending hundreds of dollars?
Also, the top 5 or so always feel pretty far from everything else.
What rank is Pizza Dog at right now?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

HGH posted:

Is there some kind of scoreboard to track that or something? Or do they just own everything at maxed out levels and shield everything by spending hundreds of dollars?
Also, the top 5 or so always feel pretty far from everything else.
What rank is Pizza Dog at right now?

15th with 7500-ish points ATM.

Friendly Fire posted:

I have done this before when the event was going to finish while I am unavailable and I really wanted the 3* covers. Previously it meant that you spent as many HP on the event as you gained if you hit the 500 point progression reward.

Yeah, but in this particular case you have a bigger buffer than usual because you lose so little dropping from 5th to 6th. As for the guys in the lower end of the scale, 8th and 9th have already disappeared from the top 10.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 16, 2014

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Fat Samurai posted:

The top 3 (EDIT: and the 6th, 8th and 9th) guys in my bracket have just thrown up shields, just as the timer dropped below 8 hours. That's 150HP for an event where the only difference between 2nd and 10th is 500 ISO. I understand it if you are number 1 and have a 200 points advantage, but for the 2nd onwards?

I have done this before when the event was going to finish while I am unavailable and I really wanted the 3* covers. Previously it meant that you spent as many HP on the event as you gained if you hit the 500 point progression reward.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm proud of you Pizza Dog :love:

Prizes are the same for 2-50 anyway.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

2-50 is a pretty generous range for alliances. I hope they keep it.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

With the newest addition, Wailing Fungus is now up to 6/7

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fat Samurai posted:

15th with 7500-ish points ATM.

Yeah, but in this particular case you have a bigger buffer than usual because you lose so little dropping from 5th to 6th. As for the guys in the lower end of the scale, 8th and 9th have already disappeared from the top 10.

I shielded my 800 points for the glory of AgentsOfGoon :patriot:

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
applied to Wailing Fungus

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

2-50 is a pretty generous range for alliances. I hope they keep it.

that's because they removed one cover from the regular awards list and moved it to the alliance one. So now you have to do well in both of them to get two or three covers. The developers are some extreme penny-pinchers.

Ahahaha, some guy with 500 points just retaliated against my 129 points defenders team an took 2 points away from me (and is going to give 42 when I beat his rear end). Why do people do this?

Edit: Wow! He did it again!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 17, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He really, really wanted that iso bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

trucutru posted:

that's because they removed one cover from the regular awards list and moved it to the alliance one. So now you have to do well in both of them to get two or three covers. The developers are some extreme penny-pinchers.

Ahahaha, some guy with 500 points just retaliated against my 129 points defenders team an took 2 points away from me (and is going to give 42 when I beat his rear end). Why do people do this?

Edit: Wow! He did it again!

I dunno why but all my current attack options don't give more than 10 points as rewards, no matter how many matches I skip. I guess it's a problem with the bracket I'm in though.