Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I was going to say "a conservative politician" HEY-OHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Joramun posted:

Gay men do have bigger penises on average, scientific research has shown.

It has shown.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hunky Joe posted:

http://fantasy-faction.com/2014/rogues-cover-list-of-authors-new-g-r-r-martin-asoif-tale

This new story by George R.R. Martin is another side tale from A Song of Ice & Fire. In this tale, Westeros fans will be told the story of the years leading up to the calamitious events of ‘The Princess and the Queen’ (a short story printed in Dangerous Women) during the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen, with particular attention to the role played by the king’s brother, Prince Daemon, a rogue if there ever was one.

I'm really glad he is building up more background for the Princess and the Queen! Very exciting stuff going on here guys!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

SaviourX posted:

It has shown.

It has NOT shown! :colbert:

Neeps or gtfo. Will also accept myrish swamps or reek nubs.

Wait, is incest even on the Kinsey scale?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

kcroy posted:

I'm really glad he is building up more background for the Princess and the Queen! Very exciting stuff going on here guys!

lol, he can't even be bothered to finish the Dunk and Egg story that he's been saying was at least 75% written for a couple years now and was supposed to be in the last Gardner Dozious anthology.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I can't understand why he hasn't gotten a ghostwriter. He's got to understand by now that HBO is going to outrun him. He's going to be more of a punchline, the only author to have his life's work usurped by someone else and watch it happen.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

savinhill posted:

lol, he can't even be bothered to finish the Dunk and Egg story that he's been saying was at least 75% written for a couple years now and was supposed to be in the last Gardner Dozious anthology.

Writing Old Nan sex scenes is difficult yo.

Hexaemeron
Oct 19, 2003

Florence Henderson's hand-jobs have Wesonality!

Kavak posted:

I can't understand why he hasn't gotten a ghostwriter. He's got to understand by now that HBO is going to outrun him. He's going to be more of a punchline, the only author to have his life's work usurped by someone else and watch it happen.

Maybe they'll move the show to run concurrent with the football season so he won't have to watch it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kavak posted:

A significant increase in quality and work-rate would defy the point of it being a ghostwriter.

It'd be the same thing as saying "Hey, this guy is writing ASOIAF now while I masturbate a lot and cry on livejournal about my football team being poo poo."

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joramun posted:

Writing Old Nan sex scenes is difficult yo.

Those will be so extra sexy when they're narrated by Roy Dotrice.

Kavak posted:

It would be awesome if GRRM got Herbert-Andersoned while still alive.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I used to wish this fat gently caress would die. Now I wish he lives long enough to see two other people get credit for his life's master work.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I take great joy in the fact that Gurm seems legitimately upset that HBO will surpass him.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
And the best part is that it's entirely within his control.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's like a kid getting mad because he was a lazy rear end in a top hat and didn't do his homework, So he blames it on everyone else.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

nooneofconsequence posted:

I take great joy in the fact that Gurm seems legitimately upset that HBO will surpass him.

Does he? I think he legit doesn't give a gently caress about ASOIAF at all anymore beyond cashing checks and creeping on women at conventions/everywhere. Let us not forget that this is the pear shaped man that groused about Dany not having one boob out all last season of the show.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
Now that he has finished this "World of Ice and Fire" (he says written by the maesters of the Citadel), he is also talking about an upcoming book called "Fire and Blood" aka "Grrm-arillion"? I'm still not 100% certain what the difference will be between the two books.

World of Ice and Fire is supposed to be a huge coffee table book. He sure likes writing short story prequels and history books on Westeros rather than finishing the drat story.

Board, video, and roleplaying games; a tv series, tons of merchandise: all for a story with no ending in sight and in danger of never being told. This just boggles the mind.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

No, it upsets him. He's talked about HBO doing prequels, splitting up seasons, or dragging AFFC and ADWD out to 3 seasons, just so they won't catch up. Anything other than him writing faster. Of course, none of these things will happen. He's starting to sound desperate.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol at Feast/Dance being three seasons. 30 episodes of Breinne looking for her sister, a maid of three and ten? 30 episodes of Mereen and making GBS threads? 30 episodes of Quentin wandering the desert on a journey with no point?

If I were running the show, Feast/Dance starts during season four and is concluded by season five's end. It looks like David and Dan agree with me, based on the season previews.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Even if it was three seasons he still needs to finish two books in 4-5 years. Not gonna happen.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
I almost feel bad for him, but not really.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He could do it. He could. But if he's whinging now, he's already so far behind he'll never pull it off, not with the casual approach he seems to take to the main series nowadays. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy at this point.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Yeah, if he hadn't made two posts in this month alone about how he's been writing all this other poo poo with only a passing reference to his dumb Kong thing, I would think he doesn't care at all. It's such a deliberate thing instead of bearing down a week a time to get at least a rough done and telling us about his progress.

But hey, there's a theatre full of popcorn to get to, so if you don't mind, I am not your bitch *ffarrrt*

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

rypakal posted:

And the best part is that it's entirely within his control.

So true.

This man is sad because some people keep doing their jobs, while he's puking his nose and making truckloads of money? Please.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Franz von Dada posted:

I don't. He knew this would happen the moment he sold the rights to HBO.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What's the over/under on the Iron bank using their mercenaries to betray Stannis? It's might odd that they'd send mercenaries to support some rebels durdling in the north when they most likely know of Aegon's mercenaries arriving.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The Iron Bank doesn't send mercenaries. What they do send is Tycho Nestorius, but he's a diplomat type. Presumably Stannis is going to use the money they give him to buy a poo poo ton of mercenaries, but that's par for the course for a medieval bank.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jokes on you assholes. Last two books are complete and ready to be released. Bad news is that they are choose your own adventure. The outcome with most twitter votes gets filmed by hbo

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Just a reminder that we're a month away from George Rape Rape I'm Not Your Bitch's 3 year anniversary of not working on the newest book! Wau I just can't wait!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
He needs one of those life coaches that forces you to stop procrastinating and getting distracted and actually makes you sit down and get poo poo done

Y'know, like Kathy Bates

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He could do it. He could. But if he's whinging now, he's already so far behind he'll never pull it off, not with the casual approach he seems to take to the main series nowadays. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy at this point.

I'm sure any other professional author with over forty years of writing experience on the face of the earth could knock out the last two books at a higher quality than AFFC and ADWD within 3 years.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Franz von Dada posted:

I'll bet he thinks he will give it a different ending, and then everyone will have to buy the books ( cuz you know you totally would ). This is the salve he will use on his bruised ego. Of this I have no doubt.

What will be interesting is whether he will be able to keep his mouth shut about his plans until AFTER the HBO finale. I think he will have a hard time doing this. Too much pride. In the next 2 years expect to see the GRRM let slip the possibility of different endings. Then watch HBO stomp on his balls for suggesting it.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that he will have to watch other writers "finish" his book for him. Finish it as a TV series! Finish it not because he is sick, or infirm, but because of greed and laziness. It is loving delicious, like a lemoncake salted with Sansa's sweet tears.

GRRM may not be "my" bitch. But he sure will be HBO's.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
fanart time!

http://bloggr.in/2014/03/artist-pays-tribute-ladies-popular-show-game-thrones/
bronn is pimpin'

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

All of that is wunderbar but whoever did the 80s versions of characters seemed to be off by about ten years. The Simpsons, NIN, Nirvana those were not things of the 1980s. The clothes, maybe, but all the artifacts were off by about one standard GRRM.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The best 80's/ASOIAF thing is the Safety Dance video.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

kcroy posted:

I'll bet he thinks he will give it a different ending, and then everyone will have to buy the books ( cuz you know you totally would ). This is the salve he will use on his bruised ego. Of this I have no doubt.

What will be interesting is whether he will be able to keep his mouth shut about his plans until AFTER the HBO finale. I think he will have a hard time doing this. Too much pride. In the next 2 years expect to see the GRRM let slip the possibility of different endings. Then watch HBO stomp on his balls for suggesting it.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that he will have to watch other writers "finish" his book for him. Finish it as a TV series! Finish it not because he is sick, or infirm, but because of greed and laziness. It is loving delicious, like a lemoncake salted with Sansa's sweet tears.

GRRM may not be "my" bitch. But he sure will be HBO's.

He will have to give it a different ending. There's no way he's going to release the last book after HBO finishes the series and not change things up. That is if he bothers releasing it all. He'll probably just keep saying (still working on it, it will be out soon) for years after the series ends. Then, eventually just like Robert Jordan, he'll die and some other dude will publish the book posthumously, and will probably have to write most of it himself.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

All of that is wunderbar but whoever did the 80s versions of characters seemed to be off by about ten years. The Simpsons, NIN, Nirvana those were not things of the 1980s. The clothes, maybe, but all the artifacts were off by about one standard GRRM.

good call. here are my band choices:

Jon Snow : U2 ( So much Edge! )
Dany: Bauhaus
Ygritte: Minor Threat
Khal Drogo: Ted Nugent, Skynard, .38 Special
Sandor tshirt: Deep Purple or uh.. one of those iron-ons you could get from a motorcyle magazine

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fatkraken posted:

He needs one of those life coaches that forces you to stop procrastinating and getting distracted and actually makes you sit down and get poo poo done

Y'know, like Kathy Bates

What do when find out he kills Tyrion?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kcroy posted:

fanart time!
All the images on the base article just look like templates modified a bit. Dany is rocking a mean boss-eye too. The 90's ones are sweet though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

All the images on the base article just look like templates modified a bit.

You just described nearly all fanart made in the last ten years. Nerds love paper doll poo poo because it doesn't require talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

kcroy posted:

What do when find out he kills Tyrion?

Celebrate?