Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

Only one of the demons has memory problems. The rest probably remember the person who founded their guild.

This is a world where Jellal convinced everyone that he was totally not Jellal but another magic dude who just happened to look exactly like Jellal. Also at the same time there was another Jellal running around also claiming not to be Jellal, though at least he was honest since he was just alternate dimension Jellal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Gyges posted:

This is a world where Jellal convinced everyone that he was totally not Jellal but another magic dude who just happened to look exactly like Jellal. Also at the same time there was another Jellal running around also claiming not to be Jellal, though at least he was honest since he was just alternate dimension Jellal.

Except he really didn't have to convince anyone except Erza that he wasn't Jellal because no one even knew who Jellal was or why they should care if he is or isn't some guy named Jellal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gyges posted:

So what you are saying is that End is definitely Jellal.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Well E.N.D. is either going to be Jellal or Zeref since that's been literally everything else so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

This is a world where Jellal convinced everyone that he was totally not Jellal but another magic dude who just happened to look exactly like Jellal.

I must've missed this. When did this happen?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RatHat posted:

I must've missed this. When did this happen?

Remember the first thing we see in the entire series are Sieglein and Urtear.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

New Chapter

Could still go either way with"You're Silver's..."

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My guess is that soul absorber guy took the tree guy's soul

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SgtSteel91 posted:

So he super double hosed with the Guild then? Dude's pretty hosed.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Well thank God Natsu showed up right then, Lucy almost had to do something.

I think it has to be someone they quite like, from their expressions. I'm thinking either Gildarts, because he's been conspicuous by his absence, or Gerard, because Gerard.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh, the former guild.. guy? When would he have had a chance to do that? :confused:

He also took souls from Natsu in their previous fight, didn't he? Maybe he is now DARKBAD Natsu.

Lucy looked so aghast I'd almost think he had her sister's (No she doesn't have a sister that I know of I'm just saying) or mother's soul or something.
Hey wait.. we don't know how Lucy's mom died, do we? :ohdear: *edit* oh wait Happy said "his," so much for that theory! :downs:

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Could still go either way with"You're Silver's..."

I don't want this to be the case, but "human form" or along those lines seems more likely if only because I doubt Silver keeps a My Dead Family Album around such that the others would immediately recognize him at first sight. Maybe I'll get lucky and Mashima just didn't think that through!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Franmalth is the strongest villain yet it appears.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
New Chapter

Does magic have a soul?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Poison Jelly Valley, you say?

I do like how that demon is just a big goofy Cell though.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

New Chapter

Does magic have a soul?

That enemy at the end looks like he has tentacles. Please don't do this Fairy Tail.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I thought FT had already done tentical rape?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Suspicious Lump posted:

I thought FT had already done tentical rape?
Kinda, albeit not quite. It also did this thing where people would refer to it and then people would post another, not quite as so panel and be like SEE IDIOTS, NEVER HAPPENED.

Which honestly only makes me like Fairy Tail more.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
I'm getting a bit annoyed. The set-up for this arc made it pretty clear that Gray would have the deepest emotional stake in it, what with Silver and the Deliora demons, but all we're getting is the regular 24/7 Natsu Show. It feels like a waste of his character and a whole lot of dramatic potential. (Gray really should have been the one threatened with being turned into a demon. That's like writing 101; if you have a villain who throws snakes at people then the hero who has to fight him should be the one with the crippling phobia of snakes.)

I guess Mashima could still have something spectacular planned. I should probably wait until the arc's over to start passing judgement on it.

Anyway.

Of course the twelve-year-old girl ends up fighting the tentacle demon.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

attackbunny posted:

I'm getting a bit annoyed. The set-up for this arc made it pretty clear that Gray would have the deepest emotional stake in it, what with Silver and the Deliora demons, but all we're getting is the regular 24/7 Natsu Show.

This is almost always the case though - with occasional interjections of the Erza or Jellal show. Cana, Lucy and several others have been eclipsed in arcs that could/should have focused on them given the setup.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

This is almost always the case though - with occasional interjections of the Erza or Jellal show. Cana, Lucy and several others have been eclipsed in arcs that could/should have focused on them given the setup.

Cana's 'arc' just revealed that she is largely incompetent and kind of dumb even when given an enormous power boost. Her latest bit was probably the first time she has done anything but get drunk in the background successfully. I think she might have won a fight in the tournament too, but I'm probably mistaken.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cana's 'arc' just revealed that she is largely incompetent and kind of dumb even when given an enormous power boost. Her latest bit was probably the first time she has done anything but get drunk in the background successfully. I think she might have won a fight in the tournament too, but I'm probably mistaken.

It wasn't a direct fight, but she won a game in the tournament with Fairy Glitter.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Silver2195 posted:

It wasn't a direct fight, but she won a game in the tournament with Fairy Glitter.

Well, came in second technically. That was the one where Erza beat 100 monsters and didn't give anybody else the chance so they had to rank them based on the magic equivalent of a punching machine, and Cana basically pulled a Vegeta.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Cana's 'arc' just revealed that she is largely incompetent and kind of dumb even when given an enormous power boost.

To be fair, this was against an opponent that defeated Natsu et al by standing in his vicinity.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zogundar posted:

To be fair, this was against an opponent that defeated Natsu et al by standing in his vicinity.

It isn't like that just happened. Mashima had Cana get a big powerup and supposedly learn from her mistakes (she really, really didn't) and then pop in to save the day. Only she did not save the day. She got her rear end kicked and accomplished nothing. It is very strong evidence that Mashima is just making up most of this as he goes along. Sure, that is true of every manga author to some extent, but Mashima goes nuts with it. Just toss in some explosions, punching, tits and speeches about friendship and call it a day. I'm not even certain if he figured out what the hell is supposed to be up with Natsu and Zeref yet.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

It isn't like that just happened. Mashima had Cana get a big powerup and supposedly learn from her mistakes (she really, really didn't) and then pop in to save the day. Only she did not save the day. She got her rear end kicked and accomplished nothing.

Did you also get upset when Charlie Brown failed to win the spelling bee? Do you run a Cobra Kai dojo? :v: ("You're nothing! You lost! You're a loser!")

But seriously, I think you missed the point on that one. Cana's arc was finally letting go of her anxiety about failing to meet her imagined impossible expectations of being Gildart's daughter. It would have been awful if Cana resolved that by being handed an ability that let her KO someone out of her weight class just so that she could feel she was suddenly a worthwhile enough human being to deserve a father.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
New Fairy Tail Side Story - http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/Side%20Story/2299/1

SPOILERS!!! Juvia pleasures herself with a toy of Gray, I wish to god I was making this up

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
There's also a new proper chapter: http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/376/2298/1

Dragonforce :black101:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

DeadBonesBrook posted:

New Fairy Tail Side Story - http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/Side%20Story/2299/1

SPOILERS!!! Juvia pleasures herself with a toy of Gray, I wish to god I was making this up

I really think the poor girl needs therapy at this point. :(

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I do to. Oh wait, you are! :jerkbag:

I agree still needs therapy, though. A cute side chapter overall.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Robviously posted:

I do to. Oh wait, you are! :jerkbag:

I agree still needs therapy, though. A cute side chapter overall.

Look having a sponge or whatever in the shape of a person is really really creepy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Given that she's seen from the back, in the shower, holding the mini Gray sponge and going "Oh ~Gray-sama~, you're touching me - even in that place" he might not be right, but he's not far wrong either. I actually found the fact that her house is basically one big Gray shrine filled with Gray everythings more disturbing frankly. The sponge is just a personalized sex toy for all intents, but the fact there's basically no part of her house that isn't filled with Gray memorabilia means she really doesn't seem to have any interests that aren't Gray. Which is just sad. Erza's speech, Gray digging out the scarf and the hug-pillow thing were all kind of nice and/or funny and I do like the Juvia stalker jokes - the manga gets away with it most of the time because she appears so little. Still, it'd be nice for her to show some interest in something other than Gray in the one special she's ever likely to get. I guess knitting might count?

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Oben posted:

I always love when Mashima takes a character and says, "You know what? Today... you're the badass."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Oben posted:

Did not expect that to be for Wendy.

:golfclap: Mashima

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
All the dragons should just keep eating everything and power up.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I wanna see the Earth dragonslayer just to see a dude power himself up by eating a load of dirt.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I think it's hard to top Wendy in that regard to be honest, since she's an air dragonslayer and I still laugh at the idea of eating air to power up/rejuvenate. On the other hand, I wonder if there's a vegetable dragonslayer or pudding dragonslayer or something like that out there.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

tsob posted:

I think it's hard to top Wendy in that regard to be honest, since she's an air dragonslayer and I still laugh at the idea of eating air to power up/rejuvenate. On the other hand, I wonder if there's a vegetable dragonslayer or pudding dragonslayer or something like that out there.

If you think about it, "Sky Dragon's Roar" is really just a huge belch, which is what happens when you swallow a ton of air.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Nahxela posted:

All the dragons should just keep eating everything and power up.

I had some dumb theory during the fight against the dragons that each guild would pool their power and then feed it to one of the dragon-slayers. I guess it could still happen.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I want Natsu to wind up in Toriko's world. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Fairy Tail Side Chapter An Erza Chapter. So starts off good, adds fan service, then ends.

• Locked thread