Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Only if I get to bard :getin:.

Okay but you'd better be good. You let resonance drop even once and you're never barding again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Grittykitty posted:

I hope this is true.

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/feature/8284/Rift-Introducing-the-Liberator-A-Raid-Healing-Warrior.html

The warrior heal and mage tank soul are horribly overpowered on PTS at the moment and I don't see Trion fixing it until 2.7.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

KaneTW posted:

The warrior heal and mage tank soul are horribly overpowered on PTS at the moment and I don't see Trion fixing it until 2.7.

Is the Rogue soul up?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Marceline Abadeer posted:

Is the Rogue soul up?

Yeah. It's terrible. Cleric support is fine.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Not gonna say I wasn't carried like crazy through that but still nice:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

so after hounding rough for like 3 hours last night for liberator lessons, he said that its output had been nerfed by around 50% on pts. however, this puts the peak HPS of liberator somewhere around...35-45k with medical facility still being the most ridiculous and overpowered poo poo in the game.

i dont think the mage tank soul is going to be balanced at all; the majority of feedback is from players saying "it's too weak" because they dont understand that the mitigation is based on the mage's charge, not raw mit stats. the parses we got of inyrkta being single tanked with no vigilance, big shield cds etc are being taken as more of a testament to the viability of it than whether it's op or not, since the dot isnt affected by mitigation. if anything, it'll be at a point where it can tank content it's bizarrely undergeared for, as the mitigation stats are so meaningless (stupid as gently caress).

overall unless there's drastic balance changes and retooling in the next few weeks, 2.7 is going to be pure comedy :allears:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

shut up gelly posted:

it can tank content it's bizarrely undergeared for

Now you are talking my language :getin:

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittykitty posted:

I hope this is true.

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/feature/8284/Rift-Introducing-the-Liberator-A-Raid-Healing-Warrior.html

I spend most time in this game duoing with my :siren:BOYFRIEND:siren:, so balance is less of a concern for me, but I love playing Paladin type classes so this will be a nice addition.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

KaneTW posted:

Not gonna say I wasn't carried like crazy through that but still nice:

Fill us in, what did you have to do for that title? I don't know my achievements and don't raid

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The news about the new souls is kind of interesting. I've a quick question about the state of the game, if anyone does a lot of PVP.

Is PVP gear still doled out based on currency that's gained from Dailies/Weeklies? Or is it just currency that you get at the end of every PVP match thing?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

mr. nobody posted:

Fill us in, what did you have to do for that title? I don't know my achievements and don't raid

It's the Abominus title.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

How should I handle my gathered materials (plants and ores)? The dailies are kind of nice, but I'm thinking about holding off on that stuff until I'm higher level and just selling everything I gather on the auction house until then.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Propagandist posted:

The news about the new souls is kind of interesting. I've a quick question about the state of the game, if anyone does a lot of PVP.

Is PVP gear still doled out based on currency that's gained from Dailies/Weeklies? Or is it just currency that you get at the end of every PVP match thing?

Random daily WF, weekly list of WFs to win, weekly win a conquest game, weekly kill 2000 players in conquest games, random patron chests daily and weekly.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Pete Zah posted:

How should I handle my gathered materials (plants and ores)? The dailies are kind of nice, but I'm thinking about holding off on that stuff until I'm higher level and just selling everything I gather on the auction house until then.

I suggest selling it all. When you're high level you go out and explore/farm up materials yourself cause it's fun or kill things for platinum and buy it from people like today-you.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Could I grab a Goonsquad invite for Illudere?

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Please send an invite to Antileterim

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Please also send an invite to Doctorgreenthumb

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
40-50 is suffering.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Please send an invite to Takegami

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

liquidfire posted:

-Please send an invite to Takegami
-Please send an invite to Antileterim

Invites are caught up to here but these two characters are already in a guild so have them leave their guild then whisper somebody in <Goon Squad>.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Murvin posted:

Invites are caught up to here but these two characters are already in a guild so have them leave their guild then whisper somebody in <Goon Squad>.

All set in the squid!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I don't want to live anymore.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
thats some noob tier crit power

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

thats some noob tier crit power

I'm trying to get more ok

(just abolish DST so I don't miss a GA next year)

Metrodextrous
Aug 6, 2007

alright dude whatever

i hope ur asshole grows shut
Would like a guild invite for Shivara!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

shut up gelly posted:

with medical facility still being the most ridiculous and overpowered poo poo in the game.
What numbers are you getting on it? (And at what gear level?)

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

What numbers are you getting on it? (And at what gear level?)

liberator underwent a lot of fundamental changes (ie calculating healing output) after we tested it. part of this was pvp related - liberator did gently caress all healing - but i dont pvp in this game as it is terrible :colbert:

we tested in our live gear, which is about as close to full BIS as anyone in the game is right now, and we were pushing out ridiculous healing (close to 70k hps on inyrkta - 20k hps and 50k overhealing). over the next couple of days vladd nuked the healing output, but i'd say liberator is still overtuned. fixing it involves nuking medical facility - its ridiculous in its current form - tuning mass casualty response (aoe hot) to be balanced, and maybe reworking the aegis moves so they dont require healing finishers to work. liberator also has (expected) zero synergy with other souls, so dont expect any viable hybrids.

the new souls are going to be on the pts for public testing on monday so im sure theyll be tuned even more. you have to realize that the person most involved in designing liberator is roughraptors, who is a useless retard and has absolutely no loving idea on how to play warrior other than three or four tank specs. at some point in the next few weeks before binding of greenscale hits live i'm going to have to sit him down and teach him tempest. :smithicide:

i'm not sure what has changed in the last couple of days but we're testing laethys and maelforge's t3 versions on monday/tuesday so i guess we'll find out. i won't be there since i'd rather kill myself than do qa for trion so you'll have to bug zoness or esthi for details!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Yeah I'm just curious about how it compares to other things because the only thing I can find are the base values, which are are usually an order of magnitude off the values in a proper spec/gear and mostly worthless.

I'll check Monday I guess.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
You guys might wanna think about either a new thread or a title change soonish, I doubt many people who play mmos don't already know rift is F2P but you never know when some poor confused soul will wander in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I can ask a mod to change the title if people have suggestions. Or if someone wants to start a new thread, they are more than welcome to. I figured we would want one when 3.0 was announced.

nonent
Nov 26, 2000
I'd like a guild invite for nonentsmash, please.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Today I found out what's underneath Tempest Bay:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 17, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Today I found out what's underneath Tempest Bay:

I've been there! It was weird.

kiriana
Mar 8, 2011
Can I get an invite for Jyynnie please

Gholam99
Feb 10, 2010
can I get an invite for piratess? thanks.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Invites are done through this post!

I sent invites to all of your characters listed on this page liquidfire, they all said guild invite sent.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Been playing with defiler specs - looking at replacing inquisitor points in the heal-based specs with oracle points. You lose pushback reduction and range but emblem of ice into pain transmission is so juicy. Also 9 Oracle is enough to get a support flag :3:

Also all the sweet things Oracle Gets:

AoE Cleanse (warden cleanse)
Shield/Heal cooldowns
Applies debuffs as an aura - mobs moving into debuffs pick up the debuffs
Other things I haven't messed w/ yet.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 18, 2014

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009
Can I get an invite for Orcrez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Been playing with defiler specs - looking at replacing inquisitor points in the heal-based specs with oracle points. You lose pushback reduction and range but emblem of ice into pain transmission is so juicy. Also 9 Oracle is enough to get a support flag :3:

Also all the sweet things Oracle Gets:

AoE Cleanse (warden cleanse)
Shield/Heal cooldowns
Applies debuffs as an aura - mobs moving into debuffs pick up the debuffs
Other things I haven't messed w/ yet.

All hail our new cleansing and purging bard replacements, since the latter's exactly 12 points up in inq, probably end up with it in a spec for someone who runs dedicated support.

• Locked thread