Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

All hail our new cleansing and purging bard replacements, since the latter's exactly 12 points up in inq, probably end up with it in a spec for someone who runs dedicated support.

Luckily 12 Inq isn't optimal for parsing but we already dip into 12 inq to get a purge for defiler so I'm sure it'll get used :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Been playing with defiler specs - looking at replacing inquisitor points in the heal-based specs with oracle points. You lose pushback reduction and range but emblem of ice into pain transmission is so juicy. Also 9 Oracle is enough to get a support flag :3:

Also all the sweet things Oracle Gets:

AoE Cleanse (warden cleanse)
Shield/Heal cooldowns
Applies debuffs as an aura - mobs moving into debuffs pick up the debuffs
Other things I haven't messed w/ yet.

Welp, I'm done with this game. :suicide:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Welp, I'm done with this game. :suicide:

Buuuuuut:

Kervik posted:

Vladd and I have talked some about what changes are needed when comparing Oracle and Bard. We're currently leaning towards buffs for Bard, but haven't settled on anything solid just yet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dude posted an Arbiter rundown video, pumped :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-6aji_68Q

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Dude posted an Arbiter rundown video, pumped :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-6aji_68Q

I looked at it a bit on the PTS and it looks pretty nuts. There's a lot of abilities, and the 25/75 charge buffs seem pretty nifty.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Buuuuuut:

when we were testing stuff with vladd and kervik a couple of days ago the general consensus was

-oracle is op, buff bard - most likely damage, maybe a broader range of buffs/utility added
-liberator op, nerf deliverance (add a cast time), fix gcd so there's no fuckery with ttb+search and rescue, remove some of the damaging abilities and replace them with useful abilities
-arbiter op as gently caress, basically no need for any other class to tank ever with arbiter in its current state. i didnt hear much about this but i seriously doubt it will go live in its current state
-physician getting looked at for energy issues, slight reduction in st, slight increase in aoe healing

the parses we got from laethys on monday pretty much back up the opinions re: arbiter, theres no way varm should have stayed alive for longer than 20 seconds when the silver adds started spawning en masse. the maelforge parses show liberator doing anywhere between 20-50% more hps than other healers (aoe chloro/warden).

even if bard gets buffed and arbiter gets nerfed i dont see a reason to use rogue tanks or support to a raid :/

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

shut up gelly posted:

-oracle is op, buff bard - most likely damage, maybe a broader range of buffs/utility added

even if bard gets buffed and arbiter gets nerfed i dont see a reason to use rogue tanks or support to a raid :/

Pssh, come on, like people are really gonna take the oracle just because it has a more efficient form of healing, significantly more dps, and the warden cleanse over bard which can charm 5 critters into following it. And further, there's nothing to hybridize with bard because there's nothing in rogue that can give it a punch in only 30 or 40 points, so there's nothing to even compare the 20k dps oracle hybrid to, so obviously no one's gonna take one for 10 man content.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
New patch has added vouchers for converting ESS to IS at a 3.5:1 ratio. You can buy the vouchers at the adventure dealer but you have to check every class checkbox for some reason.

Unfortunately, even though the vouchers are off GCD, you can't macro them without making everything else in the macro fail, even if you put them at the bottom.

Fortunately, they have no cooldown so you CAN fill a hotkey bar with nothing but vouchers and play the piano.

edit: Apparently, for some reason, you will use up vouchers a LOT faster if you make a macro with "use: Voucher: Empyreal Sourcestone to Infinity Stone" and mash a bunch of keys bound to that than you will by mashing a bunch of keys bound to use it directly.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 20, 2014

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

But I need those ESS to buy my new mage tank gear :(

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

edit: Apparently, for some reason, you will use up vouchers a LOT faster if you make a macro with "use: Voucher: Empyreal Sourcestone to Infinity Stone" and mash a bunch of keys bound to that than you will by mashing a bunch of keys bound to use it directly.

Maybe because of how queuing works with macros.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

But I need those ESS to buy my new mage tank gear :(

ESS Stampy, not ESM. ESS were the crappy 51-56 sourcestones.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I played basically right when the f2p came out and you could get that awesome raptr free expansion deal thing.

Is there anywhere that has catch up information? I seem to always pop into this game once or twice a year.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Saxophone posted:

So I played basically right when the f2p came out and you could get that awesome raptr free expansion deal thing.

Is there anywhere that has catch up information? I seem to always pop into this game once or twice a year.

Read or skim through first post of this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/401629-welcome-back-v4-guide-whats-changed.html

Free to Play started with patch 2.3

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Man I just rolled a chloro for fun and all this does is confirm all my jealousy with regards to the spec.

It is dumb and overpowered for straight up throughput like holy crap.

I get that it gets no mitigation but christ the throughput is nuts, maybe it's a grass is greener thing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Zoness posted:

Man I just rolled a chloro for fun and all this does is confirm all my jealousy with regards to the spec.

It is dumb and overpowered for straight up throughput like holy crap.

I get that it gets no mitigation but christ the throughput is nuts, maybe it's a grass is greener thing.

Well for straight up tank healing the chloro is pretty great, yeah. AoE starts to get dicey though because they can't heal each either and don't have the flexibility that cleric souls have.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Well for straight up tank healing the chloro is pretty great, yeah. AoE starts to get dicey though because they can't heal each either and don't have the flexibility that cleric souls have.

Having more hp than any other spec barring bard and possibly some archon variants tends to offset the veil issue on most fights, assuming you're not stacking them egregiously (which to my understanding is why the veil thing exists).

I know movement can be a problem but between Nature's Touch and Corrosive Spores chloro movement really isn't that bad and they're just so good for 10-man content :qq:. I realize that Inyr is probably one of the worst fights for a chloro but like, that's it afaik in terms of raid fights that are tough for a chloro. (And historically, Grugonim).

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Does the goon guild ever do older raids to gear people up? I'm debating coming back to RIFT for awhile until wildstar releases, but my 60 character's gear is mostly fresh 60 stuff, and my Wildstar guild's rift section doesn't do anything like that, just progression.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Deki posted:

Does the goon guild ever do older raids to gear people up? I'm debating coming back to RIFT for awhile until wildstar releases, but my 60 character's gear is mostly fresh 60 stuff, and my Wildstar guild's rift section doesn't do anything like that, just progression.

We do T1s on Sunday nights at 6pm server specifically for this.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Deki posted:

Fresh 60 gear should never be a problem. I'm always down for some dungeons when not raiding, although you probably won't find me in guild chat (although I'll be transferring my ~raid ready~ Mage back to Deepwood tonight if someone wants to invite it :3:).

But yeah, it took me about 3 days after hitting 60 to get my mage raid-ready (mostly chaining experts with a friend tanking for me), and if you want to learn how to play any class ~competitively~ I'm sure there's plenty of people here and on the rift forums with the resources. I'm almost competent at playing Cleric and almost passable as a chloro!

Ninja Edit: isn't Unionizer a goon? :v: Because man that purifier spec you posted is shameful.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 24, 2014

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
If someone new is doing experts hit me up as Bojner (i am bad at everything cleric) and I will help gear you up. I can always use the tokens and don't have much to do on off raid days.

EDIT: Anyone know of a 65hit ring or wand thats easy to get? I already got the 9k expert ring and I am at 496 hit - so loving close to t2.

Foil fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 25, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Ninja Edit: isn't Unionizer a goon? :v: Because man that purifier spec you posted is shameful.

Let me tell you about the one time we pugged someone for Proteus back in Oct or so and it turned out to be Unionizer.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.
Screw it, my wife and I will join Goonsquad if you'll have us.

Marollan and Sadianne (she is goon LadySadi)

Jadz fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 25, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Foil posted:

If someone new is doing experts hit me up as Bojner (i am bad at everything cleric) and I will help gear you up. I can always use the tokens and don't have much to do on off raid days.

EDIT: Anyone know of a 65hit ring or wand thats easy to get? I already got the 9k expert ring and I am at 496 hit - so loving close to t2.
There's usually something to get from events that's pretty good, i.e. the winter event had some really good 65 hit necks, but sometimes there isn't, like this last event with the pitchforks that needed an obscene number of upgrades to be as good as the buyable weapons that cost less.

Short of that, I think the only real options are to get raid drops or farm ESMs and buy a hat/gloves(/weapon, but those are expensive).

Zoness posted:

What puri spec is this? I didn't know it was possible to make a bad one, it's the second-most cookie-cutter soul in the class behind Shaman.

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like an invite for Malheureuse, please.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I'm thinking about maybe picking up Rift again after a long break, but I'm stuck with the same time zone issue that made me quit in the first place. Where I live, goon prime time falls at around 5AM, so that's pretty much no raids for me ever, and even finding people to do dungeons and random PvE stuff with was often not very easy.

I'd like to know if goon squad has more active EU players now, or, if the answer is "No", if goons can recommend a good non-:spergin: guild that's active at european time. I live under GMT+4.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently this is from Rift's facebook page:

quote:

"We’re doubling down with bonus loot from 20-player Storm Legion Raids plus the final boss of Storm Legion Expert Dungeons and Slivers! This all starts on Wednesday and ends on April 2nd. No joke."

That's pretty neat. Also doubles mark drops apparently.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I'm kind of done with Rift, but wanted to sell the account. Is there a known place to do that anywhere? (Hopefully this is okay to ask?)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

playerauctions.com

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

Also doubles mark drops apparently.
Wonder how that stacks with token tablets. If it's multiplicative, then that means backlogging a weeks worth of expert completes (or doing FT+half of EE) and popping a 160% tablet will put you at the cap.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Wonder how that stacks with token tablets. If it's multiplicative, then that means backlogging a weeks worth of expert completes (or doing FT+half of EE) and popping a 160% tablet will put you at the cap.

My understanding is that the cap has also been expanded this week, but I'm not sure about that. I hit esm cap on expert completes and patron vials every week anyway.

Also, justicar changes

quote:

Below is the current list of changes set to go out to PTS with the next update:
Mien of Leadership no longer causes overhealing to generate threat.
Healing from Salvation no longer generates threat.

Even Justice and Hammer of Faith now hit up to 10 enemies.
Hammer of Faith now deals its damage instantly and no longer has a travel time or bounces between enemies.
Light of Creation now increases damage done with Strike of Judgment, Reckoning, Bolt of Radiance, and Doctrine of Authority by 15/30/45%.
Increased damage of Reckoning and Precept of Refuge.
Mien of Leadership now increases threat by 400%. Up from 350%.
Increased the threat multiplier of Hammer of Duty and Hammer of Faith to 3. Up from 2.
Confidence now grants a Conviction every 6/3s.
Doctrine of Bliss and Doctrine of Loyalty now consume up to 4 Convictions when cast. Healing is increased for each Conviction consumed.
Light Makes Right now causes casting Hammer of Duty or Hammer of Faith to apply a buff to you, increasing your Life damage by 2% for each Conviction consumed by the Hammer. Lasts 15s.

How the hell am I supposed to pretend to know how to cleric tank now :qq:. I'll have to play like I'm on my paladin tank or something, only Reprieve won't act like Life's Rapture. Gross!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 26, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

The DoL/confidence change might make putting points in a Justicar off-spec on Defiler or something borderline viable, depending on how they convert (probably not). It'll be good on Justicar main-specs during tank swaps too.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

The DoL/confidence change might make putting points in a Justicar off-spec on Defiler or something borderline viable, depending on how they convert (probably not). It'll be good on Justicar main-specs during tank swaps too.

Justicar off-spec has alread ybeen used for health on volan, but if it'll be useful for something other than raw hp that would be nice.

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!
In as Tittlywinks

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Giving this another shot since I'm in the mood to press 1-9 for a few months but I'm a bit burnt out on WoW. In as Luano.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
With the way Rift's macros work, you can have one button press 1-9 for you! :eng101:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Thistledown posted:

With the way Rift's macros work, you can have one button press 1-9 for you! :eng101:

Yeah but shame on you if you have a macro that casts more than like, 3 abilities, barring warlord and probably some mage specs.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Yeah but shame on you if you have a macro that casts more than like, 3 abilities, barring warlord and probably some mage specs.

All of my archon specs have like 8 ability macros.

Nothing else has a macro with more than 3 really...

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Zoness posted:

NB and old NB/Sin builder macros, potentially other rogue builds that lack an inherent ranged builder themselves and are borrowing from MM (NB/Sin was my favorite of those since it used Fiery Spike at range and Swift Shot at greater range and it always had expose weakness at the bottom of the macro), possibly new NB/Sin macros as well since it doesn't have automatic expose weakness refreshing either. Also 1-button sab.

Also if you have serpent strike in the sin macro, it's 4 abilities because again, MM. Only other macro I have with 4 abilities is in my double interrupt tank spec. And that's because I have reprisal in the builder macro since I'm gonna have LE in the two fights I use that on. The second one doesn't need the interrupts, I just like popping side steps on Goloch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The UI person was on the livestream and talked about UI improvements for 2.7

- Crafting window recipe list will be collapsed by default and will remember what you made last, and has the option of hiding grey recipes.
- Default preview window will be like the store preview window, and will be able to preview dyes and add/remove specific gear.
- Macro UI is being reworked and they are exploring ways to sort or filter it.
- Added a lot more options for colorblind adjustments, more things you can change the color of.
- You can choose cheevs to track on your quest log, and you can now search within achievements.
- Working on a a lookup option that would allow you to click on something with inspecting someone or in your inventory and automatically pulling up the store page for it.

Nothing earth shattering but some nice QOL stuff. Also in good news, the old patch notes dev Amary (not to be confused with Amory, a foul mouthed New Englander) I guess didn't leave Trion but instead sneakily went over to be one of the producers on Archeage, so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

#show rising waterfall
suppressmacrofailures
cast final blessing
cast rising waterfall
cast reaping harvest
cast death touch
cast setting moon
cast flurry
raidwarning nice dps roughraptors you loving noob

• Locked thread