Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

"Woah Cam! I didn't mean to drop that pass. Don't chimp out hro."

I can only dream of all the redtext avatars that come from this. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eifert Posting posted:

Baby hawk gone. :smith:

God I hate free agency. What's it like having a team that improves in FA?

Everyone wonders how in the hell you did it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

waah posted:

He's referencing something Fiz said a long time ago.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Fiz said "don't chimp out" once and didn't realize it was pretty racist. Like a good goon I'm running that poo poo into the ground.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Everyone wonders how in the hell you did it.

I haven't bothered to check but someone's going to write a good breakdown of how you did that I'll read when I'm bored and missing football. And it will make me angry about my own team even if there's no way they could have swung it.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Chichevache posted:

Fiz said "don't chimp out" once and didn't realize it was pretty racist. Like a good goon I'm running that poo poo into the ground.

"Chimp out" was a pretty popular ironically racist phrase in LF for a while and Fiz posted there quite often, he knew what it meant :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mister Fister posted:

"Chimp out" was a pretty popular ironically racist phrase in LF for a while and Fiz posted there quite often, he knew what it meant :colbert:

Click his rapsheet. I believe you can find the post as well as his befuddlement.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Philly is offering DeSean Jackson for a 3rd round pick. You hear that, Panthers?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Philly is offering DeSean Jackson for a 3rd round pick. You hear that, Panthers?

Thanks but no thanks. We're all set over here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chichevache posted:

It's right up there with SA2K's drunken crack about Jews.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's right up there with SA2K's drunken crack about Jews.

Which only got a probation lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This loving forum could not be more of a horrible circle jerk, jesus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I depute that.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Two packers related bits of news:

Guion's deal with the Packers is for 900k and one year. I don't have a ton of faith that he'll show much or be an addition, but hey. He's basically free and the Packers have some openings on the defensive line with Pickett and Jolly as FAs.

Marshall Newhouse is visiting the Bengals. He was a decent swing tackle at one point but looked awful last year. Probably some of that was due to playing out of position at RG but whoof. He has experience and is young at least.

I also expect John Kuhn to return at this point on a one year deal. Nothing concrete there, just that no other team's going to give him as much as the Packers and they have no other FBs on the roster. Also the longer Jermichael Finley goes unsigned, the more likely it is that he's done with football. I really hope his neck's good enough to play for anyone next season.

superaielman fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 19, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

last night I dreamed a hamburger was eating me

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe we're all just hamburgers eating each other.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
Christ, I didn't realize DeSean Jackson's cap hit this year is 10.5m for any team that would trade for him. Yikes.

This made me look up Bowe's #. 12m. What a terrible contract.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

I haven't bothered to check but someone's going to write a good breakdown of how you did that I'll read when I'm bored and missing football. And it will make me angry about my own team even if there's no way they could have swung it.

I had put it earlier, but it got lost in the Revis signing. Essentially for this year, Jarius Byrd is being paid the same that Darren Sproles would've been.

Here's how the Saints signed Byrd.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans...gainst-2014-cap

Byrd received a signing bonus of $11 million on the six-year, $54 million contract. But for salary-cap accounting purposes, that figure gets divided over the first five years of his deal. His first-year salary is $1.3 million.

He will then count close to $10 million against the Saints' cap over the final five years of his deal -- assuming he lasts the entire six years (never a safe assumption in today's NFL).

Byrd, 27, will receive a total of $20.3 million in fully-guaranteed money over the first three years, plus another $6 million that is guaranteed for injury only. He's due to make a total of $27.9 million over the first three years -- which is always the key time frame on deals like this, since those years are virtually guaranteed.

Here's the breakdown:

2014: $1.3 million salary, $3.5 million cap number

2015: $2 million salary, $6 million guaranteed roster bonus, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.3 million cap number

2016: $7.4 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $9.7 million cap number

2017: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.9 million cap number

2018: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.9 million cap number

2019: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $8.7 million cap number

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

excidium posted:

Christ, I didn't realize DeSean Jackson's cap hit this year is 10.5m for any team that would trade for him. Yikes.

Pretty sure any trade for Jackson would involve a new contract, which has to depress his market. He wants a new deal and as you noted, that's an ugly cap hit to take.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just found out that we resigned Joe Morgan too. Nice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/54699/saints-re-sign-wr-joe-morgan

And this little blurb was in that story:

quote:

They have shown interest in veteran free agent Sidney Rice.

Huh.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

superaielman posted:

Pretty sure any trade for Jackson would involve a new contract, which has to depress his market. He wants a new deal and as you noted, that's an ugly cap hit to take.

Which would definitely explain why they're willing to take a 3rd round pick for him. He's worth more than that if it weren't for the necessary re-signing. There was a time when I'd be yelling for the Packers to jump on this but WR is almost the rock bottom of our need list these days, even with Jones going to Oakland (I'll miss Jones though :( Hope you do good with the Raiders, mr. turtleneck).

e: Also, why hasn't anyone taken a flyer on Avant on the cheap yet? I mean, he's nothing special but he's practically a guaranteed 500 yards a year out of the slot. I know he's gonna be 31 soon but still, is he just asking for too much money?

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 19, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MourningView posted:

This loving forum could not be more of a horrible circle jerk, jesus.

Don't forget that Team Bandwagon threads were once a thing that existed.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

excidium posted:

This made me look up Bowe's #. 12m. What a terrible contract.

If he had a QB who threw to him, it'd be worth it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

superaielman posted:

I think just the fact that he wants to be paid even more per year than he's already being paid will make it extremely difficult to find a trade partner.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Raiders signed Donald Penn, by the way, continuing their incredible free agency period.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

last night I dreamed a hamburger was eating me

You've had some good observations, but it's over.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Cowboys are signing Henry Melton.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Scheftner is reporting its multi-year. Good for Melton, I hope the tear doesn't effect him too much.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Glad he's getting a multi-year deal. Felt terrible for him to go down like that right before he was due a huge payday.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Raiders signed Donald Penn, by the way, continuing their incredible free agency period.

Compared with anything they trotted out past year every signing has been an improvement , he has to be absolutely dreadful to not improve the line.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

YMB posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335079/article/report-desean-jackson-draws-patriots-49ers-interest

I will be so sad if DJax gets traded. I seriously don't understand this move (even with the bullshit justification given in the article) - and if he goes to the Pats I'll literally cry

I will lose my loving mind if DJax gets traded for a third round pick. If its to the Patriots or the 49ers.. :suicide:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

E: Nothing to see here, definitely did not quote a fake twitter account

VVVVV That was fake and wrong thank god

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 19, 2014

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Overpaid!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DupaDupa posted:

Scheftner is reporting its multi-year. Good for Melton, I hope the tear doesn't effect him too much.

It has to be multi-year so they can push as much of his salary onto next year's cap as possible.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I will lose my loving mind if DJax gets traded for a third round pick. If its to the Patriots or the 49ers.. :suicide:

I will lol if the Panthers manage to miss out on yet another receiver

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

quote:

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 7m
Still working on numbers but sounds like a one year deal for Melton with a club option for 3 other years if performs well.

I'll be interested to see the terms. I doubt he's making bank.

E: Hopefully Marinelli was a big determinant in him coming to Dallas.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 19, 2014

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Lamadrid posted:

Compared with anything they trotted out past year every signing has been an improvement , he has to be absolutely dreadful to not improve the line.

You can try and poo poo on the Raiders' FA signings all you want, it's been a great off-season so far.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Declan MacManus posted:

I will lol if the Panthers manage to miss out on yet another receiver

If that hit to the cap mentioned earlier was true (and I understand these things, which is unlikely) I don't think they could even afford him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Which would definitely explain why they're willing to take a 3rd round pick for him. He's worth more than that if it weren't for the necessary re-signing. There was a time when I'd be yelling for the Packers to jump on this but WR is almost the rock bottom of our need list these days, even with Jones going to Oakland (I'll miss Jones though :( Hope you do good with the Raiders, mr. turtleneck).

e: Also, why hasn't anyone taken a flyer on Avant on the cheap yet? I mean, he's nothing special but he's practically a guaranteed 500 yards a year out of the slot. I know he's gonna be 31 soon but still, is he just asking for too much money?

I would be really happy with avant in Carolina. He's nothing special but at least he's experienced enough to recognise coverage and sure handed enough to bail cam outta trouble. Maybe in the coming days when the britt and cotchery stuff cools down.

I love to get Jackson but the team couldn't afford to outbid Indy for Nicks no shot they take him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Asnorban posted:

If that hit to the cap mentioned earlier was true (and I understand these things, which is unlikely) I don't think they could even afford him.

I think they are waiting for the June 1st cuts to free of cap space to sign him.

• Locked thread