Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Irish Joe posted:

You just blew my mind.

said Lizzie to Carol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Lizzie, her face smug.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Buzkashi posted:

said Lizzie to Carol

:bravo:

You know what was the last thing that went through Lizzie's mind?

the bullet

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Loved the last 3 episodes. The only criticism was the magical silent horde of walkers when Daryl opened the door to feed the dog, which conveniently tuned into "runners" chasing him through the house.

Carol is now my favorite character. Mildly disappointed that Carol actually killed Karen and the other guy, but Lizzie's reveals (rats, rabbit), killing of her sister and subsequent execution made up for it.

Also love the Bob is just a normal guy with a box now. :unsmith:

Can anyone point to the episode where Maggies sister is said to be in her teens? If not it would be kind of entertaining for her to reveal that she is in fact 28 like irl. After all, Hershel was no spring chicken and seemed more like a grandfather to them. So I could see how she could be older than she appears. I can dream. :)

edit: Hoping Daryl's new friends are not governor v2.0

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 19, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's whatever episode Axel/whatever that prisoner's name with the mustache was gets killed in.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

So it just occurred to me that there are now no Woodbury characters left. They really did just use them as meat shields this season.

I still havent caught the relationship between Tyrese and Sasha. Are they just two people that ended up together for survival purposes or did they know each other before everything went to poo poo?

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

No More Heroes posted:

I still havent caught the relationship between Tyrese and Sasha. Are they just two people that ended up together for survival purposes or did they know each other before everything went to poo poo?

Brother and sister.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Surlaw posted:

It's whatever episode Axel/whatever that prisoner's name with the mustache was gets killed in.

Well, iirc that was more of Carol assuming her age because of her looks.

Hey, the killer of Karen and the feeder of mice/killer of bunnies theories are resolved so I have to have SOMETHING. :colbert:

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Crankit posted:

Has anyone said Of Mika and Men?

Yes i posted the Lenny scene earlier in the thread.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

Fog Tripper posted:

Well, iirc that was more of Carol assuming her age because of her looks.

From the episode:

Axel: How old are you?
Beth: 17.
Axel: Interesting...

And then Carol tells him to stop being a creeper and he assumes that she's a lesbian because of her hair.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pretty creepy territory here, let's go back to making fun of how Rick says his son's name.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Crankit posted:

I realised what this season is really missing. Water wastage.

Just updating this to point out Carol dropping the pot full of water last episode. (apologies if this has been pointed out).

Speaking of utilities, is it odd that gas would still be supplying stoves after this long?

Tin Miss posted:

From the episode:

Axel: How old are you?
Beth: 17.
Axel: Interesting...

And then Carol tells him to stop being a creeper and he assumes that she's a lesbian because of her hair.

drat
I couldn't even have that.

Thank god we have had no cooooooorrrrrl and rick episodes of late. Kind of dreading the point where they are back to being a main focus.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Most gas stoves in the country rely on personal tanks in their backyard, so no.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blue Raider posted:

I watch the show in vain hope that one day it becomes well written and engaging as opposed to what we've had 4 seasons of with the exception of a couple episodes.

My theory is that quality of the show is directly inverse to the number of people in one place at one time.

Counterpoint: corl and rick.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

moist turtleneck posted:

Most gas stoves in the country rely on personal tanks in their backyard, so no.

What powers the ignition spark on the stove though?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A match?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

Just updating this to point out Carol dropping the pot full of water last episode. (apologies if this has been pointed out).

Speaking of utilities, is it odd that gas would still be supplying stoves after this long?

In a rural place like that gas is usually supplied by a large company to a large tank on the property. So it's entirely possible to still have some gas left in the tank, but it must have been an old stove with a pilot light because most gas stoves now use electricity to create the spark to light the burner.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

fletcher posted:

What powers the ignition spark on the stove though?

The Power of Love.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rypakal posted:

They can also smell fresh human scent.

Zombies can smell fresh human, unless they have zombie smell on them, unlike the smell a zombie would be giving off themselves...

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Best episode since the one where Herschel killed all those sick people in the prison.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

She didn't use a match to light it in the episode, iirc

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Fog Tripper posted:

Zombies can smell fresh human, unless they have zombie smell on them, unlike the smell a zombie would be giving off themselves...

Man, once they find a time machine and establish THOSE rules on top of the zombie stuff this show is going to be a real mess.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Apologies if this has been discussed before but are we expecting to actually see Terminus or are the gates going to be the big season end cliffhanger or something

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Toaster Ding posted:

Apologies if this has been discussed before but are we expecting to actually see Terminus or are the gates going to be the big season end cliffhanger or something
It's going to be exactly like the season 2 finale where they just showed the prison off in the distance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

At the rate this is going, they will arrive at the end of the last episode, but we won't see anything really. Everyone still has to get there, and we have to deal with Daryl and that gang he joined up with first. Plus Glenn and the military people.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

FlamingLiberal posted:

At the rate this is going, they will arrive at the end of the last episode, but we won't see anything really. Everyone still has to get there, and we have to deal with Daryl and that gang he joined up with first. Plus Glenn and the military people.

No. All the rail lines will merge and all groups will simultaneously arrive at that junction, they will hug and cry, then link arms and skip towards Terminus gates singing We're Off To See the Wizard.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fletcher posted:

She didn't use a match to light it in the episode, iirc

Old gas stoves used pilot lights, which are small constantly burning flames, in the base of the unit. However, they do use up gas, so you would turn off the gas flow if you are planning to be gone for a while or just interested in saving gas. Most gas stoves now use electricity to generate the spark to light the burner, which is why you hear them click when you turn them on.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Otisburg posted:

Man, once they find a time machine and establish THOSE rules on top of the zombie stuff this show is going to be a real mess.

TWD: Reloaded

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

xxEightxx posted:

No. All the rail lines will merge and all groups will simultaneously arrive at that junction, they will hug and cry, then link arms and skip towards Terminus gates singing We're Off To See the Wizard.

I'd like to see a map of where the prison is in relation to terminus and the paths each group took upon leaving the prison. IIRC, Carol mentioned that Terminus was probably another 4 days walk. Most (all?) of the characters have come across the railroad tracks (same tracks?). How many days has it been since they left the prison?

Dude who took whatserface was pissed that someone burnt down his house and still.

Jun 23, 2010

Toaster Ding posted:

I'm guessing it'll most likely be a cliffhanger

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

xxEightxx posted:

The only way this could get any worse is if Rick, Carl and Michonne board a sentient train.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

TMMadman posted:

Old gas stoves used pilot lights, which are small constantly burning flames, in the base of the unit. However, they do use up gas, so you would turn off the gas flow if you are planning to be gone for a while or just interested in saving gas. Most gas stoves now use electricity to generate the spark to light the burner, which is why you hear them click when you turn them on.

Could have sworn I heard the *click click* of the electric spark when she turned on the burner!

MassiveTrauma
Mar 31, 2010

fletcher posted:

Could have sworn I heard the *click click* of the electric spark when she turned on the burner!
Let me save your immersion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezo_ignition

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

It's going to be exactly like the season 2 finale where they just showed the prison off in the distance.

Why didn't even make sense. Season three was what, 7-8months later? It took them that long to go nowhere and end up like 2km from where season two ended?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Yup thats what I was going to say. Older stoves use these as do almost all gas grills.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

JEEVES420 posted:

Yup thats what I was going to say. Older stoves use these as do almost all gas grills.

Yeah I've got one on my backpacking stove, but you have to push the little button pretty hard to get it to spark. I saw no button pushing when she lit the stove!

Not like this actually matters though, I just thought we should nitpick the ignition method rather than the source of gas if we are nitpicking things.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

gohmak posted:

Yes i posted the Lenny scene earlier in the thread.

It was a joke where I replaced Mice with Mika.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Here's a pretty good short film I think this thread would enjoy (if it does such things :v:). It's only 7 minutes long for the busy folks among you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Has anyone got a link to that youtube deconstructing series 2 and why it was so terrible? The one that explained why Dale got suddenly killed off and had that Battlestar Galactica guy talking about the plans for flashback episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiteski posted:

Why didn't even make sense. Season three was what, 7-8months later? It took them that long to go nowhere and end up like 2km from where season two ended?

It was through the winter and there usually aren't houses near prisons so they probably just hunkered down in a town (yes I know the line about them running from house to house but there's a lot of houses even in a small town).

• Locked thread