Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Noyemi K posted:

Not buying till he adds the Cyber-glove to the cyber-peripherals. :colbert:
(Cyberstove? Really, buddy?)

At least know we know what the gently caress the console's supposed to look like. But seriously, "Cybermatrix 100 u01"?

You guys are so loving autistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

This is the most amazing thing ever:

quote:

so there's no worry about also dying in cyberspace...you'll be allowed to exit, even if there's an outage where you all may live. all included devices [look at diagrams on frontpage], work independently together to make sure everyone is able to leave anytime despite the trouble. plus, you all won't feel pain, suffering and death.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I'd like to find out what's the difference between those user levels on that diagram mean. "Administrator" is under "Creator"? What the gently caress is an "Administrative Agent"? A secretary?

Also, he's got a 360 controller he'd like to add to this mess of "diagrams"

Fake edit: eh, he switched the B and X buttons so good job guy?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is working in a patent office just the equivalent of working in a nuthouse? The poo poo they must get... do they have to take someone seriously if they can't even write?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh you laugh now, but just wait 15 years when we're all living in the Cybermatrix spending our Bitcoins.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
This is how it starts. The machines have already gained sentience, and the Cybermatrix is the first fumbling attempt on their part to get us into the Matrix. The fact that their avatar is a basement dwelling lunatic shouldn't surprise anyone, that's the only kind of person the internet has ever seen.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

vxskud posted:

2 years and over 50 grand for a crummy "retro" platformer the kind that people are churning out for free in flash.

Still not released

http://kotaku.com/kickstarter-game-...dium=Socialflow

Yes, we will release this game on OUYA. I can't believe how many people are asking!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Madcosby posted:

Is working in a patent office just the equivalent of working in a nuthouse? The poo poo they must get... do they have to take someone seriously if they can't even write?

Just like Valve has an economist on staff, I'm beginning to think Kickstarter needs a social worker or psychologist to talk some of these folks off their ledge.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What the hell is an OUYA

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Shadeoses posted:

What the hell is an OUYA

It's something you shout to celebrate not blowing $100 on a piece of poo poo.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Meatwave posted:

It's something you shout to celebrate not blowing $100 on a piece of poo poo.

Preferably while crashing through a wall.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Shadeoses posted:

What the hell is an OUYA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shadeoses posted:

What the hell is an OUYA

A company fleeced millions of dollars out of Kickstarter backers and even more from private investors for the privilege of playing cell phone games on your TV. The project was stillborn the day it released and after less than a year they've stopped making consoles and are focusing on being a "ecosystem" for existing platforms.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

pathetic little tramp posted:

Vince McMahon bought WCW plus their library of tapes for, what, 3 million? And WCW, even at the end when they had Chucky from the Child's Play movies in a feud with Rick Steiner (who I believe literally thought he was a dog at this point?), did better numbers than TNA is doing.

I didn't know this existed, and now I do, and my life is so much better for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1DHgdVKeE

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The guy who wrote the Super Action Squad postmortem ( http://www.explodingrabbit.com/news/super-action-squad-is-being-put-on-hold) removed everyone's names from the post after people pointed out how unprofessional it was to throw your entire team under the bus.

Somehow I don't think replacing specific names with "****" is any more professional.

Edit: Haha, I didn't get all the way through reading this yesterday. I just got to the part where he blames Unity for not being fun enough. This is an A+ read.

Also blames -

- Backers for being mean to him when he didn't have good news.
- Backers for having unrealistic expectations (based on what he promised)
- "Trolls"
- "Schadenfreude"
- A blogger who writes mean things about him

His heart is in the right place with that post, namely this: "To be completely honest, I think I would have just not done a Kickstarter until after I had experience releasing at least one original, commercial game."

But everything else in the post-mortem is immature as hell.

Blast Fantasto has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Mar 19, 2014

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Did y'all hear about the 'White Man March' that happened a few days ago?

"The anti-White media has billions of dollars at its disposal. As much as we might not like it, we still need dollars to get things done in this world."

Help The White Man March Keep Trucking

We have now made international news and gotten our message to the masses. We need to keep hammering away at the anti-White system that seeks our destruction.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-the-white-man-march-keep-trucking

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

The guy who wrote the Super Action Squad postmortem ( http://www.explodingrabbit.com/news/super-action-squad-is-being-put-on-hold) removed everyone's names from the post after people pointed out how unprofessional it was to throw your entire team under the bus.

Somehow I don't think replacing specific names with "****" is any more professional.

Edit: Haha, I didn't get all the way through reading this yesterday. I just got to the part where he blames Unity for not being fun enough. This is an A+ read.

Also blames -

- Backers for being mean to him when he didn't have good news.
- Backers for having unrealistic expectations (based on what he promised)
- "Trolls"
- "Schadenfreude"
- A blogger who writes mean things about him

His heart is in the right place with that post, namely this: "To be completely honest, I think I would have just not done a Kickstarter until after I had experience releasing at least one original, commercial game."

But everything else in the post-mortem is immature as hell.

This was posted a few days ago..showing what two years of progress on this game looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pjyjExPMas

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

Specifically, the problem stems from them wanting to keep it 2D and working with Unity. You can make side scrollers and there's enough tutorials out there that you can easily replicate the original game in 3D. Just keep your models and animation simple enough (which you kinda have to do since you'll be doing it inside Unity) and it's possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please give us money to rip off comics whose artist we probably don't have permission from.

loving sleazy.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

100Dachshunds posted:

Did y'all hear about the 'White Man March' that happened a few days ago?

"The anti-White media has billions of dollars at its disposal. As much as we might not like it, we still need dollars to get things done in this world."

Help The White Man March Keep Trucking

We have now made international news and gotten our message to the masses. We need to keep hammering away at the anti-White system that seeks our destruction.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-the-white-man-march-keep-trucking

The scary Dystopian music really sells the thing.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Fratopoly. So revolutionary that the creator won't show anything specific about it, presumably in case somebody else stole his idea for Monopoly + Bad Frat Jokes.

Be sure to watch the video, it's not long.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Oh boy, they're going to make more Hiimdaisy comics except this time they won't be funny!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Great Rumbler posted:

Oh boy, they're going to make more Hiimdaisy comics except this time they won't be funny!
Also, gigidigi/hiimdaisy explicitly isn't pleased that they're doing this (read bottom to top):

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Yeah dude, this is your biggest challenge, forget about the fact that you're asking for money so you can rip off some else's work.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
That White Man March thing is great. ":qq:It's so hard to be a White Man these days, you can't even rape a woman or lynch a black without someone calling you a bad person:qq:"

Delusibeta posted:

So this made funding (of $10k) in three hours. :suicide:

Euthanize all anime nerds.

RottenK has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Mar 20, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Elysiume posted:

Also, gigidigi/hiimdaisy explicitly isn't pleased that they're doing this (read bottom to top):

If they know better they'll stop the Kickstarter and begin discussions with the gigidigi, or attempt the comic with a different art style.

But they wont. They'll keep going until gigidigi make a big enough fuss to get the Kickstarter cancelled.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

RottenK posted:

That White Man March thing is great. ":qq:It's so hard to be a White Man these days, you can't even rape a woman or lynch a black without someone calling you a bad person:qq:"

I watched the whole thing.

You mistakenly thing it's reached its peak with the hand-wringing about the KNOCKOUT GAME, but then the narrator goes on to blame the ills of the white race on A "CERTAIN TRIBE OF PEOPLE." *Wink :jewish: wink*

I realize that IGG is basically the Kickstarter for poo poo that is too stupid for Kickstarter, but they don't have a thing in their rules against crowdfunding a literal Neo-Nazi rally?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

A bacon musem.

quote:

Bacon has earned a right in society to call a place home; Filled with the History, Art, and Culture of it's deliciousness.

Imagine a space where it smells like Bacon during all opening hours, imagine the walls lined with history of your favorite cured meat, imagine a walk along the corridors and seeing artistic works of savory art, now imagine it's REAL!

Well it can be, but it will take a lot of time, effort, and funding to make it happen. We have looked at several locations, and they all have promise but each one has it's own challenges.

What about when the bacon fat goes bad? Upkeep and re-ordering new bacon? Other silly little costs associated with a loving museum about a food product?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Young Freud posted:

Specifically, the problem stems from them wanting to keep it 2D and working with Unity. You can make side scrollers and there's enough tutorials out there that you can easily replicate the original game in 3D. Just keep your models and animation simple enough (which you kinda have to do since you'll be doing it inside Unity) and it's possible.

There is no way that working in 3D would have been better for them.

Sticking to flash would probably have been a good idea though, since they had no experience with anything else.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Autechresaint posted:

This was posted a few days ago..showing what two years of progress on this game looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pjyjExPMas
...Is the background supposed to be connected to the player?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

1-Up posted:

Two years and no collision detection. What a fuckup.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Bubble-T posted:

Fratopoly. So revolutionary that the creator won't show anything specific about it, presumably in case somebody else stole his idea for Monopoly + Bad Frat Jokes.

Be sure to watch the video, it's not long.

Yeah I'm sure Kappa Alpha Theta is just a-ok with him using their name for a board game. Hopefully he's not already graduated, people who still talk about their frat/sorority days after graduation are the saddest.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

1-Up posted:

Actually that's fine since the player can't see outside the camera anyways.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator

I don't know if this is a good Kickstarter or a bad one.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's an AMAZING Kickstarter.

But seriously, the game actually looks interesting and clearly the creator put a lot of effort into the presentation.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's awesome and the creator actually registered to answer some questions in the Kickstarter Gaming thread.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

1-Up posted:

That video reminds me so much of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqKiVHS6x4

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Waffleman_ posted:

I like to imagine that the bear arms up like in the video means he's actually flying like superman.

Superbear, last bear of Krytpon.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

There is no way that working in 3D would have been better for them.

Sticking to flash would probably have been a good idea though, since they had no experience with anything else.

TBH, I had no experience with either Unity or Flash before taking two game development courses in university where we had to produce a functional game within a semester. And that's with a final year course load.

I checked the Unity site when I made that post, because I remember them having a side scroller tutorial, but it seems the developers got tired of people making indie faux-retro shovelware games which don't demonstrate the power of the Unity engine so the tutorials now are "Third Person Stealth Action Game" and "Top Down Space Shooter".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Waffleman_ posted:

I lost it when he swats the loving butterfly. This is amazing.