Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

If the event chain has Meldrick and/or "a cunning plan" involved at all, it's a Blackadder plot.

The dung gatherer that you frame! Now I remember. I love that chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

The dung gatherer that you frame! Now I remember. I love that chain.

Still not as funny as the stewardship chain. How to gently caress up an inn in 6 amazing ways.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

double nine posted:

Still not as funny as the stewardship chain. How to gently caress up an inn in 6 amazing ways.

Wait, what? I have never hosed up the inn, how do you do that?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

> You book the wild rear end

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

drat, now I want to make a mythology/occult mod with new events and traits like witches, warlocks, druids in celtic areas, vampires in slavic areas, werewolves, djinn, dwarves...

Not that they dominate the game, but every once it awhile a random character will dabble in the black arts and start hexing people. Or some random Wallachian duke will turn out to be a vampire.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

drat, now I want to make a mythology/occult mod with new events and traits like witches, warlocks, druids in celtic areas, vampires in slavic areas, werewolves, djinn, dwarves...

Skeleton hordes rampaging across Germany...

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Rumda posted:

Skeleton hordes rampaging across Germany...

Where is that screenshot from? I can't find the mod no matter how hard I look.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TaurusTorus posted:

Where is that screenshot from? I can't find the mod no matter how hard I look.

It never got finished. It was an attempt to create wizards and magic just like sheng is suggesting.

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

quote:

-Vampires

-can turn prisoners into vampires
-have their own religion
-immortal
-largely infertile
-become stronger with age

-Werewolves

-can turn prisoners into werewolves
-immortal
-get stronger with age

-Giants

-unique ethnicity and culture
-trait follows ethnicity, and thus can die out through dilution
-much stronger infantry units, but less of them

-Zombies

-may or may not spawn as a result of a voodoo curse
-ruthlessly conquers everything possible
-many troops, but no archers, cavalry, or boats, and infantry are weak

-Mummies

-may rise up when Egypt is ruled by non-egyptians
-immortal
-have their own culture and religion
-infertile

-Wizards

-have an entire new educational tree
-different tiers of skill have access to different spells
-higher tiers will be more likely to succeed with spells
-less healthy and less fertile

-Djinn

-immortal
-always wizards
-have their own culture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k1e90a77macb0c/Mythos.rar
It's for version 2.0.4, also compatible with HIP

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Cantorsdust posted:

Fixed for you.

On culture, how does province culture change over time? My own provinces will occasionally change culture to match mine, but it seems like my vassal's provinces never will. What are the factors that influence changing province culture/how can I get a bunch of newly conquered/wrong-culture land to change quickly?

Give newly conquered provinces to men with 15+ stewardship and you will see much better results. I also think culture flips are more likely if the province is also of a different religion than your own, but not too sure on that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DStecks posted:

> You book the wild rear end

I always loved that option/result. You can be a fearsome king, ruler of a vast realm, and what do you book for the grand opening of your inn? A wild rear end.

Your courtiers must be beside themselves and wondering how you manage to rule your realm in the first place. :v:

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Node posted:

I really need to see the Spawn of Satan event text where Satan regrows your testicles.

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

I love this game's events

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I just wish there were carnivals chain of events in most Catholic countries. I would actually buy an events DLC, specially if there are many of them and it included multi-generational events chains (turns out that the evil ghost who was haunting your family for 3 generations was just that other family who wanted to "avenge" some old feud! And they I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling gypsy kids and their dog!)

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Anticheese posted:

I didn't see this posted in the last few pages, so here it is: Rajas of India will release on the 25th. Get your wallets ready.

I can't wait! I'm really stoked for this one, love the map extension! It's a shame I got so much stuff going on right now, otherwise I'd be playing it constantly next week. :(

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'd kill for a DLC of "Witches, Miracles and Shamans" events.

-Maimed? Go to the weird old woman with the smelly garden and see if her strange brews will fix it. Or pray hard and hope God will perform a miracle

-Witch Hunts? Witch Hunts

-Charlatans selling spooky magic geegaws, which the character may or may not believe it works depending on traits

-Oh no! A Hex! What do? Turn to Jesus/Allah/YVWH? or desperation run to a witch.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 20, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That Halloween-monster mod also needs Frankensteins, Trolls, Fairies, and Ghosts (bed sheet type).

EDIT: From September-November you can celebrate Halloween. It's just like a feast, but instead it has event text showing that you dress up like kings, knights, princesses, merchants, and peasants.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 20, 2014

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Earwicker posted:

you seem to have interpreted my post as a passive aggressive jab at non-historical features, but you are wrong... it was in fact a serious request for spellcasting.

Another vote for mythic/magic DLC.

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does anybody know what the requirements are for the "And Stay Out!" achievement? Defeating the initial Aztec invasion didn't seem to trigger it. Was I supposed to let them gain a foothold before handing them their asses?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Word of warning for anyone who's thinking of trying CK2+ again or for the first time: use the dev build and not the main one. Siege attrition rates are hilariously broken and I ended up going from a 2500 man siege on Nicaea to a non siege-capable force of 750 in the space of a month due to constantly pinging "Raiders hit your camp events."

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Main Paineframe posted:

Kings already have an "Desires the Empire of _____" opinion penalty against the holder of the empire title their kingdom is de jure part of, though.

(pre-next patch, anyway) this modifier only applies to empires that are not the primary title of the Emperor...so don't make that second empire, it's only hurting you.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

So my Duke of Burgundy thinks he has Stigmata, I wonder if there's a follow up for it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Semquais posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k1e90a77macb0c/Mythos.rar
It's for version 2.0.4, also compatible with HIP

Holy poo poo dude, did you just make this since my post? This is awesome, going to give it a try.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Holy poo poo dude, did you just make this since my post? This is awesome, going to give it a try.

Yup, all 2.0.4 versions of it :v:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Chevalier Cat posted:

Does anybody know what the requirements are for the "And Stay Out!" achievement? Defeating the initial Aztec invasion didn't seem to trigger it. Was I supposed to let them gain a foothold before handing them their asses?

You have to destroy all their event troops in addition to ridding their holdings (if they get any). If you get to 100% in the initial invasion but they still have some scattered armies and you make peace you're screwed, in my experience.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Man. I'm doing my first Norse game since SoA came out, and it's easy to see why those holy orders keep getting territory for themselves. A crusade happens, and suddenly you're facing multiple 10,000 man stacks containing 2,000 heavy cavalry. Even if you can get equivalent numbers together (no easy task), they punch way above their numbers. It's rough.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

catlord posted:

Wait, what? I have never hosed up the inn, how do you do that?

I've heard the priest and castrato are great as well. This chain competes with Warhammer and the Karate Kid for my favourite of the "Improve X" ambitions.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

gently caress. My Heir grew up, but the other guy won't accept the marriage I arranged and I'm not seeing any option to break it off, any help? This is iron man mode so I can't cheat console my way out.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
Married my Norwegian king to a Greek wife with the genius trait. She has produced 7 children so far, no geniuses, but three sets of twins, with one twin in each set having the ugly trait. Of all my CKII games, she takes the prize for Weirdest Womb.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

gently caress. My Heir grew up, but the other guy won't accept the marriage I arranged and I'm not seeing any option to break it off, any help? This is iron man mode so I can't cheat console my way out.

No break betrothal under your heir's diplomacy menu?

I had one happen to me today where the original liege died and the new one refused the betrothal but had no problem accepting a marriage under the same terms after I broke it :downs:

TheBlackRoija fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 20, 2014

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I'm planning to finish my Ironman Zirid Granada game before RoI releases, but after a long hiatus after usurping the Sultanate of Andalusia I need some extra motivation.

Would anyone be kind enough to repost that comic strip of the guy who didn't want to play as a Muslim but changes his mind after seeing how awesome they are?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

beefart posted:

Word of warning for anyone who's thinking of trying CK2+ again or for the first time: use the dev build and not the main one. Siege attrition rates are hilariously broken and I ended up going from a 2500 man siege on Nicaea to a non siege-capable force of 750 in the space of a month due to constantly pinging "Raiders hit your camp events."

Can I use the same save for both or is my current save unusable if I change to dev build? This is so broken.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

Can I use the same save for both or is my current save unusable if I change to dev build? This is so broken.

I switched from the current release to dev build mid-game and did not have issues. I only played it for about another 20 or so years, however.

Anything to be rid of that awful bug. I hope to god they don't keep it around for the sake of "immersion."

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

TheBlackRoija posted:

No break betrothal under your heir's diplomacy menu?

I had one happen to me today where the original liege died and the new one refused the betrothal but had no problem accepting a marriage under the same terms after I broke it :downs:

None, ended up having to reload for it to show up. Also had the 'game won't recognize new succession laws' error (which meant my quick, diligent, just duke who was a clincher for the elections got passed over)

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

DrPop posted:

I switched from the current release to dev build mid-game and did not have issues. I only played it for about another 20 or so years, however.

Anything to be rid of that awful bug. I hope to god they don't keep it around for the sake of "immersion."

Ah, thanks! Going to restart my game anyways I think, do you know if VIETPlus, cultural titles and additional titular titles work?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

Ah, thanks! Going to restart my game anyways I think, do you know if VIETPlus, cultural titles and additional titular titles work?

I haven't been using VIETplus or cultural titles, but ATT works for sure. How do you like running VIETplus with it?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

DrPop posted:

I haven't been using VIETplus or cultural titles, but ATT works for sure. How do you like running VIETplus with it?

Haven't tried VIET before, it had some errors with CK+ before, but it seems those are fixed.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?741618-VIETPlus/page5

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

Haven't tried VIET before, it had some errors with CK+ before, but it seems those are fixed.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?741618-VIETPlus/page5

Ah word. I am curious to get some perspective on it, 'cause I'd love to have some more exciting poo poo happen to my rulers in their lifetimes than wars every 5 years.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Robindaybird posted:

I'd kill for a DLC of "Witches, Miracles and Shamans" events.

-Maimed? Go to the weird old woman with the smelly garden and see if her strange brews will fix it. Or pray hard and hope God will perform a miracle

-Witch Hunts? Witch Hunts

-Charlatans selling spooky magic geegaws, which the character may or may not believe it works depending on traits

-Oh no! A Hex! What do? Turn to Jesus/Allah/YVWH? or desperation run to a witch.

It's not specifically what you're looking for, but if you want to add some more fantasy into CK2 get the mythos mod. :) It's a mod that adds vampires & werewolves.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

DrPop posted:

Ah word. I am curious to get some perspective on it, 'cause I'd love to have some more exciting poo poo happen to my rulers in their lifetimes than wars every 5 years.

Apparently I can't even get CK2 to run with all those mods. Not sure if I should go back to the stable ck2+ for this to work. It just crashes at database load.

Edit: Apparently it's cultural titles that don't work.

Edit2: Can I convert a country's culture to Roman if my ruler is roman? Or is being roman just screwing with me?

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Edit2: Can I convert a country's culture to Roman if my ruler is roman? Or is being roman just screwing with me?

Roman is treated no differently than any other culture, so you just have to wait for the events that convert the county culture.

• Locked thread