Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wow that really fails even on the level of broad caricature.

I like this but the amount of work involved in actually reading the title doesn't seem like a great decision.

A nice compromise might be for the text on the sign to be backwards so you can read it from the perspective of the poster.

davidspackage posted:

I think we may enter a time where these "parody" movies are going to parodize each other, thereby creating a contained spiral of more and more lazy and derivative poo poo, until eventually there remain just two movies that claim to be parodies of each other, and both are just 80 minutes of an animatronic dog turd making fart noises.

The original Scary Movie was a parody of Scream, which was itself a comedy that heavily referenced existing horror movies, so that well was poisoned the day they dug it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funnily enough, Scream was originally going to be titled Scary Movie.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Why is the writer framing the shot? COME ON.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

penismightier posted:

Why is the writer framing the shot? COME ON.

Well, he IS terrible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe he really wants to direct but can only get a writing job.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chevy. And you called Community the lowest form of television.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Do directors even do that hand thing anymore? Or is everything pre-vis'd and such so much that there's no surprise on the day of shooting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The original Scary Movie was a parody of Scream, which was itself a comedy that heavily referenced existing horror movies, so that well was poisoned the day they dug it.

Scream is a comedy in the same way that Nightmare on Elm Street is a comedy. I mean, yeah it has funny moments, but most horror movies do.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

effectual posted:

Do directors even do that hand thing anymore? Or is everything pre-vis'd and such so much that there's no surprise on the day of shooting.

My understanding is, if it's not some big set piece, the director will have a planned shot but are usually willing to do a bit of experimentation.

But they probably don't actually do the hand thing cuz it's dumb.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ThatPazuzu posted:

My understanding is, if it's not some big set piece, the director will have a planned shot but are usually willing to do a bit of experimentation.

But they probably don't actually do the hand thing cuz it's dumb.

I've done the hand thing before on location scouts where I didn't have an actual view finder (...my phone because this is 2014) on me.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Do you also wear riding pants and carry around a bullhorn?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Irish Joe posted:

You joke, but there are still some people in this industry with some class

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Yes on the bull horn, but only to honor my idol, Jimmy Heart.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes on the bull horn, but only to honor my idol, Jimmy Heart.

Hart :eng101:

(God bless that old man and his loud self)

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Perhaps someone already posted this turd. But, just in case...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm imagining a rom-com remake of The Ghost Writer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know they're writers and smart and stuff because they wear glasses.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Isn't Dennis Farina dead? How long has the movie been lying on a shelf somewhere?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

That's the :smug:est face alive. "I'm an author"

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Antti posted:

Isn't Dennis Farina dead? How long has the movie been lying on a shelf somewhere?

Dead since July 2013 so quite a while :smith:

May he :doink: in Heaven.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Suzuki Method posted:

That's the :smug:est face alive. "I'm an author"

No, you got that wrong. It's just

:smug: "I'm Chris Klein."

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh
Filmed August 2012 apparently. Guess they got tired of waiting for Kaley Cuoco to get more popular.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

The longer you look at this, the more irritating it gets.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Franz von Dada posted:

The longer you look at this, the more irritating it gets.

I'm reasonably sure that's the intent.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I cannot believe Chris Klein still has a job. Also, I thought with the success of The Big Bang Theory, Kaley would have a better co-star.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that Dennis Farina's last film? Shame, shame.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hand of the King posted:

I cannot believe Chris Klein still has a job. Also, I thought with the success of The Big Bang Theory, Kaley would have a better co-star.

Chris Klein carried the Chun Li movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

effectual posted:

Chris Klein carried the Chun Li movie.

You can't just say this without posting the proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VjdE9Y8VQA

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Oh so that's not Photoshopped-to-look-younger Bob Saget.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Antti posted:

Brittany Murphy died in 2009 and her final movie is just now coming out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TheJoker138 posted:

Oh.
My.
loving.
God.

I had forgotten that existed!! JESUS UGH!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891592/

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Oh.
My.
loving.
God.

I had forgotten that existed!! JESUS UGH!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891592/

The worst part about it the same as the Van Damme Street Fighter: the lack of game-accurate hairstyles.

This is what Charlie (Nash in Japan) looks like in Street Fighter Alpha games:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Its pretty amazing when you can ask a professional actor, a man who's had a pretty drat successful career and made millions of dollars, what his seminal performance was, and his answer could legitimately be Street Fight: The Legend of Chun Li.

I feel bad for Klein because he's one of those actors whose career was totally derailed by a single (really)bad movie that he participated in at precisely the wrong moment. Rollerball was just terrible for everyone involved, but it was Klein's first big role after the success of American Pie so Hollywood assumed he wasn't bankable after that.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm pretty sure Chris Klein is slowly turning into Jason Lee....

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Its pretty amazing when you can ask a professional actor, a man who's had a pretty drat successful career and made millions of dollars, what his seminal performance was, and his answer could legitimately be Street Fight: The Legend of Chun Li.

I feel bad for Klein because he's one of those actors whose career was totally derailed by a single (really)bad movie that he participated in at precisely the wrong moment. Rollerball was just terrible for everyone involved, but it was Klein's first big role after the success of American Pie so Hollywood assumed he wasn't bankable after that.

It doesn't help that he's a goddamn terrible actor. He seems like a nice, humble guy though so I don't mind him getting work.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Am I hallucinating, or is there something just a little bit off about this poster for The Wire?

What is going on with the reflections and Jimmy McNulty's super pasted-in overlarge head? It also seems like his head isn't in the right place in relation to his arm. Or maybe I'm insane. You tell me.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Rollerball is the second best film about rollerball ever made.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
What's the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spazzle posted:

Rollerball is the second best film about rollerball ever made.

And the best to feature Paul Heyman.