Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Finally my reprocessing skills I trained has a purpose ! Also this nerfs Minnie stations and now officially makes Amarr stations the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerok
Feb 23, 2014

Vatek posted:

Ask argleblargle about flying supercaps in groon!

He got it blown up in some kind of awesome fashion?

Otacon posted:

If this BNI noob was in GW he'd be a trillionaire within 30 minutes

That is some cute newbie right there

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zerok posted:

That is some cute newbie right there

This is the same newbie who sent out a corp mail saying "I just joined hi everyone", then about 30 seconds later, a second, which said "sorry I was just asked not to do this sorry everyone"

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Otacon posted:

If this BNI noob was in GW he'd be a trillionaire within 30 minutes

Is there a response where a TEST guy is like FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR loving SELF JESUS CHRIST WE'RE NOT RUNNING A CHARITY.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

uwaeve posted:

Is there a response where a TEST guy is like FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR loving SELF JESUS CHRIST WE'RE NOT RUNNING A CHARITY.

Yes, there were actually about 10 corp mails about that yesterday. People just arguing through mail and higher ups trying to stop it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Zerok posted:

He got it blown up in some kind of awesome fashion?

We purposely bit on a bait carrier with 4 supers, got dogpiled, argle/tim and 2 others died. (Obligatory I escaped e-peen stroking goes here. Massive EHP tanked supers is the way to go. :toot:)

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
Nope, I've yet to see any of the TEST guys do anything like that. One of them tossed a few hundred million spacebucks at me the other day which is making it really hard for me to hate on them too. Having said that my fun per hour has decreased dramatically since arriving in Sendaya and that sucks. I just read that whole thread Hollow was talking about too and aside from not a soul actually directly answering his very poignant questions I only learned one thing. This isn't a deployment. This is a move.

It's really got me wondering if leadership is in control or if someone else is pulling the strings.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Otacon posted:

This is the same newbie who sent out a corp mail saying "I just joined hi everyone", then about 30 seconds later, a second, which said "sorry I was just asked not to do this sorry everyone"

Now that is one adorable newbie.

uwaeve posted:

You'd think people would be lining up to help him out. It's a shame they don't realise that those little newbies are going to get good and get good ships eventually and when they do they ain't exactly going to feel thankful toward them.

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012

goodness posted:

Yes, there were actually about 10 corp mails about that yesterday. People just arguing through mail and higher ups trying to stop it.
I thought the last drama EVE-Mail thread was about someone throwing a hissy fit over people saying that they were leaving BNI in reply to all EVE-Mails?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

kick_the_penguin posted:

I thought the last drama EVE-Mail thread was about someone throwing a hissy fit over reply to all EVE-Mails?

Yeah i was just talking about bitter test vets raging at BNI newbies in general. That mail thread was hilarious.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
I once offered BNIs diplo to stock the station and alliance contracts and charge only fuel cost on collaterable JF service for their members cause I felt bad them losing poo poo moving. Got no response.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

uwaeve posted:

Any guy named 'Orbital Construction Platform' makes me seriously doubt whether he's actually new to the game. Sounds more like a PL alt who's come over for some :laffo:

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Thaxxas posted:

Nope, I've yet to see any of the TEST guys do anything like that. One of them tossed a few hundred million spacebucks at me the other day which is making it really hard for me to hate on them too. Having said that my fun per hour has decreased dramatically since arriving in Sendaya and that sucks. I just read that whole thread Hollow was talking about too and aside from not a soul actually directly answering his very poignant questions I only learned one thing. This isn't a deployment. This is a move.

It's really got me wondering if leadership is in control or if someone else is pulling the strings.

BNI sold off its syndicate moons so you are right about that. They aren't planning on coming back any time soon which is a huge shame.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

goodness posted:

Yeah i was just talking about bitter test vets raging at BNI newbies in general. That mail thread was hilarious.

Having moved to one of the non-retarded BRAVE membercorps, I kinda miss the corpmail comedy.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Any guy named 'Orbital Construction Platform' makes me seriously doubt whether he's actually new to the game. Sounds more like a PL alt who's come over for some :laffo:

I didn't even notice that. My luls were in vain :(

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012

AAPsel posted:

BNI sold off its syndicate moons so you are right about that. They aren't planning on coming back any time soon which is a huge shame.
I didn't know that BNI had sold off the Barle assets. No wonder nobodies getting SRP.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

kick_the_penguin posted:

I didn't know that BNI had sold off the Barle assets. No wonder nobodies getting SRP.

Yeah but presumably BNI got some ISK from selling them? What are the leadership doing with that ISK? Secondly, Lychton's original deployment announcement was pretty clear about the fact BNI are getting paid to be in Catch.

Margaret Thatcher fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 20, 2014

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Yeah but presumably BNI got some ISK from selling them? What are the leadership doing with that ISK? Secondly, Lychton's original deployment announcement was pretty clear about the fact we're getting paid to be in Catch.

Skimming it, obviously.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Yeah but presumably BNI got some ISK from selling them? What are the leadership doing with that ISK? Secondly, Lychton's original deployment announcement was pretty clear about the fact we're getting paid to be in Catch.

Saving it for sov bills when they "take somewhere over"? I have no clue if that's the case, I don't know how much sov upkeep is.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

We?

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Oh sorry, I'm part of BNI.

The corp is definitely losing the touch it once had, it's not even really to do with the boringness of sov grinds or null sec politics - but to do with BRAVE leaders being really unclear about what we're doing, why and how we're meant to do it.

Margaret Thatcher fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 20, 2014

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Sorry, I'm a BNI member.

The corp is definitely losing the touch it once had, it's not even really to do with the boringness of sov grinds or null sec politics - but to do with BRAVE leaders being really unclear about what we're doing, why and how we're meant to do it.

I couldn't agree more. Had a really good time in Hek, Raha and Barle but this Sendaya thing. Not so much. I'm fairly sure it's because there's no clearly defined goal. The reasons Hollow was given aren't goals.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
BNI should have stayed the gently caress away from TEST and kept doing what they were doing.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Oh sorry, I'm part of BNI.

Huh, what BNI toon are you using now? Didn't you get booted from BNI when you were playing as Jim McMorris?

Your application to Rote is framed on our wall, metaphorically speaking. The word "superchill" became a short-lived meme here :)

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

ullerrm posted:

Huh, what BNI toon are you using now? Didn't you get booted from BNI when you were playing as Jim McMorris?

Your application to Rote is framed on our wall, metaphorically speaking. The word "superchill" became a short-lived meme here :)

I've taken up some of the advice here and decided to make a character completely separate from the prencleeve identity. This game gets pretty difficult when you're blacklisted and vilified from half the alliances.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
Hate to break out the schadenfreude but what did BNI line members expect when they got in to bed with an alliance that is the dictionary definition of perfidious? Were it me I'd grab what few people that were interested in leaving with me and go back to Barle and carry on doing my own thing. Failing that I can't help but imagine that you and other unhappy newbies would be better served by joining RvB, ENL-A or Waffles or whatever they're called.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've taken up some of the advice here and decided to make a character completely separate from the prencleeve identity. This game gets pretty difficult when you're blacklisted and vilified from half the alliances.

Wait you're prencleeve? The one that used to spend jillions of :10bux: on SA accounts only to out yourself a few hours later?

Or am I thinking of someone else

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

CainFortea posted:

The reprocessing fucks newbie salvagers. This makes me angry.

Not much. 90% of the isk is in shipping meta 4 loot to Jita anyway.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ashcans posted:

If BNI had said 'poo poo, we can't win this anyway, we're putting this guy up to bat and we'll pay for all your losses for laughs' then it might have been pretty cool. But doing it when you're apparently not even handing out frigates? That's just terrible.

Also I can't believe that any actual alliance is not simply handing out frigates.

It takes like 9 clicks to assemble, fit and rename a frigate. This week I've done ~243 frigates in QPO, Brave's staging system would probably need a lot more than that per week. Think of the carpal tunnel syndrome!

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Bean Head posted:

Hate to break out the schadenfreude but what did BNI line members expect when they got in to bed with an alliance that is the dictionary definition of perfidious? Were it me I'd grab what few people that were interested in leaving with me and go back to Barle and carry on doing my own thing. Failing that I can't help but imagine that you and other unhappy newbies would be better served by joining RvB, ENL-A or Waffles or whatever they're called.

The BNI line members weren't expecting anything, it's not like they had any democratic say-so at all regarding whether the alliance went to null sec or not. If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure the atmosphere was pretty anti-0.0 for the exact reasons people are getting angry now.

Tusen Takk posted:

Wait you're prencleeve? The one that used to spend jillions of :10bux: on SA accounts only to out yourself a few hours later?

Or am I thinking of someone else

Yup that's me. :shepspends:

Margaret Thatcher fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 20, 2014

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

When I came back to the game I ended up just dumping my salvage into buys in deklein or reprocessing with my lovely skills; I did fine and I suspect this won't cripple our newbies too badly. It might suck for people in worse space trying to eke it out though.

To be honest, if I was a newbie now my plan would be to do exploration while I trained into an interceptor and then just pvp with those continuously for profit. :getin:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I did my first Relic&Data sites last night. Also discovered two wormholes which led to nothing but sleeper rats which scared me off.

Got ~4mil in blueprints/salvage. I think I'll have the skills to start small-scale ratting in my fresh VNI tonight

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If i reregistered I would probably hop into a cloaky scanner ship and explore and poo poo. I haven't played in like 1.5 years and even though I have 40mil sp I reckon that I'd be geared for all the wrong things now that I haven't kept up with various nerfs and boosts and such.

I would definitely avoid flying my carrier and dread that's for sure. That may be what burned me out in the first place.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Bean Head posted:

Yeah, you are implying we line members had any idea we were getting in bed with anyone prior to the "welcome to Hero, We're going to Sendaya" SoTA. Maybe it's just me but I didn't have any idea.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Bean Head posted:

Who exactly is deceitful and untrustworthy?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ashcans posted:

When I came back to the game I ended up just dumping my salvage into buys in deklein or reprocessing with my lovely skills; I did fine and I suspect this won't cripple our newbies too badly. It might suck for people in worse space trying to eke it out though.

To be honest, if I was a newbie now my plan would be to do exploration while I trained into an interceptor and then just pvp with those continuously for profit. :getin:

Okay, but then you have the newbies that pay attention and sell their junk to people to get full reproc value out of them. So it hurts those more.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

pugnax posted:

Who exactly is deceitful and untrustworthy?

That would be TEST. They basically hijacked BNI as a meatshield to bolster their numbers and it's not going very well.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

darthzeta88 posted:

Finally my reprocessing skills I trained has a purpose ! Also this nerfs Minnie stations and now officially makes Amarr stations the best.

Not really. T3 minmatar stations enjoy an increased refine percentage over T3 amarr.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand why HERO thinks there winning because there being dunked by all our squads, is this one of those "Made you deploy!" things?

A question to the BNI people here, whats your alliance leaders rational for so many lost fleets? I can't imagine it's a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Alexzandvar posted:

A question to the BNI people here, whats your alliance leaders rational for so many lost fleets? I can't imagine it's a good one.

Not in BNI, but I don't think they give feedback. Everything I've heard sounds like their leaders live in a black hole

• Locked thread