Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Speaking of Todd he's on the latest Doug with High, not feeling the other guests that much though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD30GGkaco

He was good on GDWH with Sarah Silverman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Speaking of Todd he's on the latest Doug with High, not feeling the other guests that much though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD30GGkaco

Oh poo poo, I must've been stoned all week because I missed this episode.

Tonight's episode at 6:15 pacific time features the Workaholics. edit: whoops meant to post in the Doug Benson thread. Whatever, this is the most incestuous forum on SA.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Oh poo poo, I must've been stoned all week because I missed this episode.

Tonight's episode at 6:15 pacific time features the Workaholics. edit: whoops meant to post in the Doug Benson thread. Whatever, this is the most incestuous forum on SA.
This forum is our secret bookclub :3: Except that Hollywood Babbleyon thread, that's just sad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh great! The Mental Illness Happy Hour thread fell into the archives and I've been dying to talk about it. this week there's a story about a guy whose biggest shame is improper bong-use in High School. He fantasizes about everyone else at the party dying and taking his secret to the grave.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

CBB the TV show just got a fourth season pick-up for 40 EPISODES! MY WIFE!

The third season of 20 episodes hasn't even started airing yet. Why the hell can't all my favorite comedies run on IFC?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Birthday Boys also got renewed, which is equally as great news

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Broad City renewed as well (though not on IFC) so if Review with Andy Daly doesn't get renewed I'm going to loving Hulk out and smash some poo poo

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Comedy Central's head of programming these days is a huge Andy Daly fan, so it's probably getting a 2nd season as long as the ratings aren't in disaster territory.

Groucho Marxist fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 20, 2014

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andy Daly has been retweeting a ton of positive reviews of his show and everyone I know that's seen it seems to love it. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Help Im Alive posted:

Andy Daly has been retweeting a ton of positive reviews of his show and everyone I know that's seen it seems to love it. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Friends who have no background on Andy love the show, ranging from a 45 year old mother of 2 to the more expectes 18-35 male crowd

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
You know what would be cool is if there were a legitimate way (or even an illegitimate) way for me to watch Review in Canada

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's on Hulu and there's a Firefox extension called Media Hint which bypasses their region block.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Only the first episode is on Hulu, I find they tend to just have the same episodes of stuff that CC have on their website. Hopefully others will go up in time.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Unmerciful posted:

The third season of 20 episodes hasn't even started airing yet. Why the hell can't all my favorite comedies run on IFC?

Does this mean s8 will be 80 eps?

And s16 will be 160. :aaaaa:

But seriously, 40 eps is a lot.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Unmerciful posted:

That's so fly, definitely one of the top shows on TV. I just hope they can keep the quality and laughs per minute up (that show is pretty relentless and obviously has a bunch of thought put in to it).

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

ManoliIsFat posted:

That's so fly, definitely one of the top shows on TV. I just hope they can keep the quality and laughs per minute up (that show is pretty relentless and obviously has a bunch of thought put in to it).

Yeah, that's my only concern - it's so much more 'handcrafted' or something, it seems harder to mass-produce episodes than something like @midnight.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

Yeah, that's my only concern - it's so much more 'handcrafted' or something, it seems harder to mass-produce episodes than something like @midnight.

Apples and oranges. It takes less than a couple hours to shoot an episode of @midnight. A planned 12 hour shoot on CBB might get you 5 minutes of an episode.

40 episodes is A LOT though. I was kinda shocked when Key and Peele got renewed for 20 episodes. Not that I don't think it's good, but the writers come up with a few hundred sketches for 12 episodes alone before they start deciding what makes it (I saw Matt Walsh and the rest of the staff discuss this at the nerdist writers panel in 2012).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They'll probably just shoot at the same pace and have breaks mid season and spread them out. Odd way of saying it, but I have no doubt they'll be able to keep up the quality. The podcast gives them so much material to work with at the very least.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Good loving god Chelsea Peretti is not funny. Perhaps the most annoying comedian ever to grace the podcast.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Counterpoint: Chelsea Peretti is hilarious

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I guess if you guys love baby talking normal words for an hour...
edit: More like purposefully misprouncing every word in her sentence because she's so clever...

I stand by my post that got me this custom title. Ryan Davis was fat as gently caress. :colbert:

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 21, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I found that the wheels came off this episode when the Bachelor bros showed up. They didn't have the energy of their debut and there's not much depth there without it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm sorry but Chelsea's "curious Latina" impression is one of the most fantastic and nuanced impressions I have ever heard.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Purposefully mispronouncing things is absolutely terrible, its ruined Hollywood Handbook for me, I can't stand to listen to it anymore even though theyve offered so much good info about the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call show biz.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Mispronouncing is still hilarious when the rich dicks do it on Kroll Show. Hope this helps.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Maybe it's just me, but for me, Chelsea Peretti is very funny.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Hollis Brown posted:

Mispronouncing is still hilarious when the rich dicks do it on Kroll Show. Hope this helps.

This actually reminds me, isn't it strange how there's never been a Nick Kroll/Jon Daly episode?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Also she laughs at every single one of her own jokes. I dunno, its just my opinion, if other people like her fine, but she really bothers me.

Also yeah, the Bachelor Brothers kinda were bad this episode too.

Maybe I'm biased, because every single episode with Paul F. Tompkins is my favorite by far.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

her laugh is heaven the more the better

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I want more discussions about what is and is not funny.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I always love it when characters drop out of character and so this episode was good. Also for other reasons such as how funny it was.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Is this the Doug Loves Movies thread?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I learned the other day that Chelsea Peretti's brother is a tech entrepreneur who invented the share button. I know which child I'd be proud of.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Her brother founded Buzzfeed. He should be ashamed of himself.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Laughing at your own jokes is actually pretty ok especially compare to people who make their eyebrows go really really high so you know they just told a joke. This is my opinion about jokes.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Is this the Doug Loves Movies thread?

You know what I can't stand? When Scott has characters on the show.

no but seriously get out

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The open door policy at earwolf really seems to get in the way of exposing the inner pain of comedians.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Im not touching that one, that's a spicy meatball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butts420
Jul 27, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Good loving god Chelsea Peretti is not funny. Perhaps the most annoying comedian ever to grace the podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXKnusOuns