Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Jared Allen deal not done yet but I've yet to see any of these early denials by an agent not go through.

@AdamSchefter
Jared Allen's agent, Ken Harris, texted his client will "consider Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend."

Why you gotta hurt me like this, Ozu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

mcmagic posted:

@ArmandoSalguero: The Dolphins expect RB Knowshon Moreno to come in for a visit Friday.

LOL never change dolphins.

I guess he finally sweet talked Philbin into signing him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ozu posted:

Jared Allen deal not done yet but I've yet to see any of these early denials by an agent not go through.

@AdamSchefter
Jared Allen's agent, Ken Harris, texted his client will "consider Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend."
Ah come on I want to celebrate

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The rest of the NFC better beat the poo poo out of Seattle otherwise the AFC has no chance in hell of winning a Super Bowl this year.

i would love the 14-2 dominating seahawks to go to the superbowl and lose to the 10-6 underdog ravens who win because of a bunch of ticky-tack fouls and phantom holds

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dangit I really really hope we get Allen because him with Bennett, Avril and Mebane up front just sounds glorious :allears:

Sounds like he can help take care of our rampant deer problem too.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

StarcraftM posted:

Jared Allen gonna be a beast again up in Seattle, whew.

Also Vick + Desean to the Jets makes too much sense, Idzik loves to be the splash team

Ah yes, the ever splashy Idzik, what with him bringing back the lame duck coach and trading away his only superstar in his first season as gm. Way to make a splash.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

i would love the 14-2 dominating seahawks to go to the superbowl and lose to the 10-6 underdog ravens who win because of a bunch of ticky-tack fouls and phantom holds

Or for any other team to lose by any other score to the Ravens I assume ;)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

@ArmandoSalguero: The Dolphins expect RB Knowshon Moreno to come in for a visit Friday.

I really don't get the problem with our backs. Thomas is too injury prone, sure, but apart from that they've seemed pretty decent whenever the line has been not abysmal.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Kerry Rhodes is still a free agent, right?

What the hell happened there?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

I thought there was rumors of people being awful terrible homophobes and not signing him because there was rumors he is gay?

probably not correct but I've heard it on SA and a few other places over the past couple years since he hadn't found a team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That may have been the issue originally but now he has been out of the game long enough that teams can use that as an excuse.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Febreeze posted:

:gay:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Ryan Fitzpatrick is signing with the #Texans, source said.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

A visit from a decent RB who might be brought in it split carries with Lamar Miller lol Miami is so dumb rofl :p~~~

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Ryan Fitzpatrick is signing with the #Texans, source said.

:barf:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How many teams are going to get fooled by Fitzpatrick holy cow

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He's just a backup right?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Quest For Glory II posted:

How many teams are going to get fooled by Fitzpatrick holy cow

He's just good enough to be a quality backup so he'll stick around for a while

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ehud posted:

Yes. I mean, obviously. Case Keenum is the one true starter in Houston.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ehud posted:

Unless Bill O Brien thinks he can be a QB whisperer, in which case the Texans would select a later round QB.

I am sad that we do not get to see Vick throwing bombs to Andre Johnson

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I really hope they still sign Sanchez.

Starting Sanchez with Fitzpatrick backing him up, now that's a QB brain trust for the ages.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

A visit from a decent RB who might be brought in it split carries with Lamar Miller lol Miami is so dumb rofl :p~~~

Moreno is a great pass blocker and a guy who seems to be very good at short yardage, all the while coming in at a heavy discount lol Miami lol

Meanwhile the jets are looking at Vick and possibly bringing in a 10,000,000 malcontent who wants to be paid even more and it's just a flawless trade

Yup

Edit: wait a minute everyone was saying Miami was looking at backs in the middle of this draft. Daniel thomas has to get cut, but we still have gillislee and miller. Plus that future draft pick. Where does Moreno fit

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 21, 2014

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Could be worse

Could be Weeden

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Moreno is a great pass blocker and a guy who seems to be very good at short yardage, all the while coming in at a heavy discount lol Miami lol

Meanwhile the jets are looking at Vick and possibly bringing in a 10,000,000 malcontent who wants to be paid even more and it's just a flawless trade

Yup

I thought Lamar Miller was supposed to be good at short yardage.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yup

Not that I think the Jets will get him but if that's how you plan to spin the Jets potentially getting one of the 10 best WR's in the NFL and an upgrade at QB then it's pretty hilarious. And bringing in an old done RB like Moreno (or MJD if the Jets are dumb enough to do that) is about as stupid as it gets considering the RB market and the fact that they are a dime a dozen in the draft.) It's the mark of a team having no idea what they are doing.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 21, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Knowshon is 26 and will probably get a very small offer to share carries on a team that needs someone to replace Daniel Thomas.

You're just being dumb because it's Miami, mcmagic.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Moreno is 26 and a pure depth signing. You're acting like Miami is about to offer him 5 million a year for 5 years. He has LESS THAN HALF the carries of mjd. 1800 vs 800. Moreno has tons of "tread life" left and will be the purest definition of a 3rd down back for the dolphins IF he gets signed.

Yet bringing in michael Vick is a great signing when you've got a 2nd year qb who was your golden boy at the end of the season. It's like you're reversing the situations. Try harder

Edit: vv he's gotta be released. He can't stay healthy and he simply can't be the 3rd down back we need. Miller would likely get a majority of the carries

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 21, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Would Miami keep Daniel Thomas? Or would he be released?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zypher posted:

Would Miami keep Daniel Thomas? Or would he be released?

He is probably gone no matter what. He isn't good.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fun facts:

Cotchery's last 1,000 yard season: 2007
Cotchery's only 1,000 yard season: 2007
Cotchery's last 1,000 yards: 2011-2013 combined (1,044 yards over 3 seasons)

He gets touchdowns though!! (averaged 2 TDs per season from 2004-2012)

10 TDs last year!

Goodbye Old Man Cotchery, I'll miss you. But get that money and be a #1 receiver

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You guys are drafting JFF aren't you

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Moreno is a good RB. He'll be great for you guys as long as he's healthy, and I'm sad the Broncos can't afford to keep him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Gaines posted:

You guys are drafting JFF aren't you

Don't be mean

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

Knowshon is 26 and will probably get a very small offer to share carries on a team that needs someone to replace Daniel Thomas.

You're just being dumb because it's Miami, mcmagic.

I would say the exact same thing if the Jets were signing him. Zero reason to ever sign a player like that. Dolphins have clearly no idea what they are doing at RB as the last few years have shown.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Roasted Donut posted:

10 TDs last year!

Goodbye Old Man Cotchery, I'll miss you. But get that money and be a #1 receiver

You realize he's not really getting #1 receiver money right? Gettleman probably has provisions in his contract for unlimited sweet tea, Bojangles, Krispy Kremes, and Cookout since he can't offer money.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Edit: vv he's gotta be released. He can't stay healthy and he simply can't be the 3rd down back we need. Miller would likely get a majority of the carries

Ehud posted:

He is probably gone no matter what. He isn't good.

Good to hear. I was afraid Philbin might still have an inexplicable boner for him.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

That makes 3 out of the past four years that another AFC South team has signed the Titans' backup QB from the previous season.

Whitehurst to the Jags next season?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I would say the exact same thing if the Jets were signing him. Zero reason to ever sign a player like that. Dolphins have clearly no idea what they are doing at RB as the last few years have shown.

Lol McMagic never change man

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Zypher posted:

Good to hear. I was afraid Philbin might still have an inexplicable boner for him.

Philbin is a retard so I can understand why you thought this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

waah posted:

You realize he's not really getting #1 receiver money right? Gettleman probably has provisions in his contract for unlimited sweet tea, Bojangles, Krispy Kremes, and Cookout since he can't offer money.

Yeah but he's getting a lot more than he would here and doesn't have any competition currently so he's technically your #1 until the draft at least!

• Locked thread